Chapter 1: Dear Author
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hurry! Get your ass off the ground!"

Lucian, who had just left the cab because of a traffic jam, fell on the ground after tripping on the gutter of the sidewalk. First, the traffic that wasted hours of his time, now he tripped in public. What luck he had, he thought.

"How could you use that crude way of speaking on me—"

"You are about to die but you have time to complain about the way I speak?"

He was already weak but got even weaker than he already was. Even one strong blow of wind is enough to whisk him away. Why? Because his soul is about to burn out and disappear, it's affecting his physical state, the body that was supposed to die before he got into it.

Now, he doesn't even have enough strength to pull himself up. "Should I just...crawl my way to the airport?" he muttered under his breath.

"Do you want your last moments to be you crawling around like a worm struggling because of salt?"

"Shut up, Fang! Just let me rest for a bit!"

"Do you want your rest to be eternal?"

It's not like he wanted it to be like this. If he really had much energy, the first thing he'd do was strangle the nagging bastard in front of him. But it was hard to get mad and take him seriously because of the wizard's cute form.

"It's not like you're helping me anyway, you can't even help me in that form!"

Fang approached him and licked his face before slapping him as hard as he could. Well, that sounded entirely wrong without context...

Before you all misunderstand and think that Fang is a pervert and a sadist, this little—"Shit is actually a dog." Lucian continued.

How could a cute Siberian husky like that curse and bully him all the time! Of all beings the soul could get into, it had to be a dog? A cute one at that?

"I'm going to die in either world so why bother, I might as well bring you with me in death!"

Fang started growling, which made Lucian get up and run before the dog ate him alive out of anger. The airport was near, no matter how difficult it was to breathe and how painful his body was, he tried his best to reach the place.

All his life, all he did was try to survive. No matter how many times life made him miserable, he survived up until now. But everything will go to waste since he's going to die in his world, and now he's about to die again in another world!

'Is death in love with me? What the hell is this!' he complained in thought while running.

He was finally inside the airport. He stopped running and put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

Fang barked loudly, "Ah, damn it. I acted like a dog again." he said in a low voice. "Kid, I found him. Let's go!"

The Siberian husky ran inside the airport, leaving Lucian behind.

"Sir! Dogs aren—"

Lucian also ran inside, ignoring the guard. His behavior was suspicious, making the guard call for backup to catch him and the dog.

Ah, why now! Sorry guards, I really need to catch up to someone, if he leaves then I will die!

Lucian used up all his remaining energy to speed up his pace. He followed Fang and the husky stopped, it looked at him and then in another direction, "The creator is there."

He was about to pass but was blocked by a few men, "This private plane was already booked, Sir. I believe this is not your flight."

Shit, shit. Was he already inside? Is the plane about to leave? I can't let that happen!

He parted the men and pushed them away to the side, "I need to see the author."

"You can't, Sir. Please stay away, we do not want to hurt you."

"You have to let me in! The author knows me, I have to talk to him!"

"Sir Kaiden told us not to let anyone in, I have to ask you to go back."

Kaiden? Was that the name of the author, Hyacinth?

The men were stubborn enough to not let him in, but so was he! He pretended to walk away then ran fast in between them when they were off guard.

"Sir! Stop right there!" He heard one of the men shout.

Lucian turned his head to them as he ran, "Sorry! My life depends on this!"

"Your life depends on what?"

Surprised by the voice, he returned his gaze in front of him and bumped into—'Is this a human chest or a stone, so hard!'

"Are you the author, Hyacinth?"

It must be another fan of his. But normally they would refer to him as the model, Kaiden Pearce. Since Hyacinth never revealed his face to the readers, they wouldn't know that Hyacinth was Kaiden or the other way around. So how could he know? He wondered.

"Mhm." he responded, "Could you get your head off my chest first?"

"Ah! Sorry!"

He immediately pulled away, embarrassed. 'What were you doing, Lucian? Shame on you!' he scolded himself.

Kaiden was wrong, it wasn't a fan. He stared at the face of the man who seemed desperate to see him, he tried to hide the surprise on his face upon meeting 'him'. What was he doing here, he wondered.

"...What do you need?"

Lucian caught a glimpse of the slight surprise before the man could hide it, the man didn't even ask who he was. Lucian could only think of one thing.

"Could it be, you have already recognized who I am?"

The author remained silent, a bit confused. After a while, he nodded slowly.

Great! Lucian was about to jump out of joy, he was lucky enough to avoid death once again. The smile on his face faded when his surroundings moved and his eyesight became blurry. Lucian staggered but Kaiden supported his back with his hand just in time before he could fall. Kaiden's brows furrowed, "Are you alri—

"I-I don't have much time..."

"What..?"

Lucian knew that the only one who could help him now was the man in front of him. He grabbed both of his hands and looked directly into his eyes.

"Dear author, save me!"

0