Chapter 6: Encountering the White Wolf
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Henry slightly opened the window and a man in a dark hooded robe was standing on the tree to level with the height of the third prince's room.

The butler looked around in case someone was watching them but caught sight of no one. "Where is it?" he asked the man.

The man revealed the box he was holding and opened it for the butler to see the contents, "From the magic tower."

The butler closed the box and took it from him, "Send our sincere thanks to the elders."

After Henry took the box, the man warned, "The elders will not be held accountable if something unfortunate happens to His Highness in Lumneve."

Butler Henry smiled and gave him a nod. The man jumped down from the tree and left. Henry closed the window and glanced at the Third Prince who had just finished dressing himself up. Lucian looked at him and his gaze dropped to the container in his hands, "So it has arrived,"

"Yes, Your Highness."

He walked towards Lucian and showed him the things he requested from the elders, "Good, put it down on the table."

He was really serious about going to Lumneve to meet Fang despite the dangers, the butler couldn't see any sign of hesitation on his face

"Are you sure about this, Your Highness? It might cost you your life."

Lucian took a deep breath. Judging from the sigh he let out, he seemed exhausted. As if he couldn't care less about what happens anymore.

"If the emperor dies, the others won't let me live. I would die either way, so it's better to take a risk."

Henry stared at the third prince who had a serious expression on his face. Was this really the pitiful child who'd cry so easily back then? The weak prince who avoided trouble and clung to the emperor to survive? Did the incident with the emperor affect him to the point of changing or perhaps he was already like this before? 'If that was the case, was he pretending to act all innocent and weak?' Henry thought. He wouldn't know even if he observe him for a longer time.

The curious butler couldn't help but smile. He bowed, "May you be successful in what you are about to do, Your Highness."

"Did the Empress send anyone to watch over me?"

"No, Your Highness. Fortunately, she was not suspicious of your behavior these days."

Lucian let out a snort, "She's probably thinking that I wouldn't dare do anything because I'm weak in her eyes."

That's what I thought of too, Your Highness. Henry said in his mind.

The stone for exchanging places lit up, indicating that the other holder has activated it. "I have to go now. Cover for me, Henry."

"Yes, Your Highness. I pray for your safety."

The light shone even brighter all of a sudden and Henry covered his eyes. By the time he removed his hand, the third prince was no longer in front of him. Instead of Lucian, an elder wizard was standing at the place where the prince was earlier. They stared at each other and silence filled the room.

"...Hello."

"...Well, hello there."

"........"

"You can still teleport there, right? Why not accompany His Highness?"

"I could but why would I? I am not like His Highness who would risk his life."

"...I see."

And the awkward silence continued.

 

Lucian already had it all planned. He prepared a stone that heats up the entire body that he could use for a short while, perhaps an hour at maximum. But he didn't worry since he wouldn't stay at Lumneve for long. He would meet with the high wizard in a few minutes and use up his time to persuade him. He would spend less time because he would just swap places with the elder.

But…

"How could you use the swapping stone at such a far place?!" he yelled to the empty space in frustration.

He was indeed in Lumneve, but in the middle of a snowy nowhere. It has been 30 minutes since he was wandering around. How was he supposed to find Fang in less than half an hour?

"He didn't even go to a spot where Fang could be seen, that coward!"

The coldness of Lumneve exceeded his expectations. Even with the heating magic, he could still feel the wind slightly pricking his skin. If he didn't use the heating stone then he must have turned into ice the moment he swapped places. He saw trees from afar and decided to head there. It was at least better than being in an empty field of snow.

"Sir—Sir Fang, are you in here?" he asked, yelling so the wizard could hear the echoes of his voice.

He didn't exactly know where Fang was but perhaps he was actually in the forest so tried to call for him. All of the sudden, he heard footsteps of a creature running, or rather creatures—since he could tell that there were many of them.

Oh, just his luck. He came unarmed, confident that he would directly just see Fang without thinking that there were others in Lumneve that could hurt him. He was too focused on Fang. He did not consider the possibility that the wizard that swapped places with him would put him in the middle of just nowhere. 

He looked to the side when he caught a glimpse of a passing shadow but it was too fast for his eyes to see. He looked again in the opposite direction when he saw another shadow passing through the trees.

Then he heard a howl, damn it was wolves!

The wolves appeared and were slowly walking towards him, "Uh—wait, calm down! I won't do anything!"

The wolves ignored his words and still kept going forward while Lucian stepped back, trying to get away from them slowly.

But then he felt something block his way as he took a few steps back. He bumped into a cold—'...and soft. It's…fur?'

The wolves in front of him suddenly backed away cowering. His eyes widened and he turned around to look at the one behind him.

"Y-you, High wizard of Perisia!"

It was a white wolf three times the size of normal ones, perhaps four? He wasn't sure, but he was sure that it was damn big. It was the wizard that Lucian came to see, finally, Fang!

"Indeed, that is me. Why did a child like you come here?"

I'm 24, how am I still a child, Lucian thought.

"I am Lucianus Blaine de Sinclair Percival, the Third Prince of Perisia Empire."

"Oho, a prince?" The wizard scoffed. "I hope you know the fact that I, Fang, do not follow anyone. Not even the Imperial Family."

"I know that you are so powerful that not even the imperial family could control you."

He narrowed his eyes down at the prince, he felt strange. If it were others he would immediately harm them or threaten them, but he couldn't feel the need to do so with this imperial child.

"I came here to beg you to give me the elixir—"

"Go back home, kid." Fang cut him off. Well, of course, he had also come here for the elixir, what else would he have expected?

"No."

"What?"

"I said no. I cannot do that! I really need it."

Fang was about to complain but he sensed something not too far from where they were. 'Tch, annoying little rats.'

He looked back at the prince, "I'm telling you right now, go back."

Lucian bit his lip as he clenched his fist, "I-I can't…"

Fang could sense the group of people getting nearer, he should just leave since he wouldn't care about what happens to anyone. But he can't somehow leave the child all alone. Unfortunately, even while he's showing the slightest concern. The ungrateful child wouldn't even listen to him!

Lucian's eyes widened when a blue and silver aura covered Fang's body which was slowly turning into a form of human. A portal appeared behind Lucian which was created by Fang's powers. He was annoyed, so he planned to just force the prince to go back. He cast a portal and set it to a place just as he described as 'to where he came from'.

Lucian was in a daze, the big wolf earlier had turned into a human. Was 'human' enough to describe his form?

His flowing white hair distracted Lucian, he was supposed to persuade him to give him a drop of the elixir!

"Sir Fang, I still won't go. I need to get even a drop of it!"

"You won't go, but I'll make you," Fang stated in a serious manner.

But before Fang could even send him to the portal, Fang was hit by the magic of an enemy.

"Sir Fang!"

Liking the story so far? Leave a comment and add it to your list to stay tuned for updates. Thank you for reading!

0