Chapter 38 – Midnight Fervor
2.3k 32 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lucia and I finished packing up her telescope, we got ready to go to bed. 

Which ended up not taking that long, since it wasn’t the first time we had to figure out how to share Lucia’s bedspace.

“Alright, that should be everything.”

Lucia remarked before climbing into bed and pulling her blanket over the both of us.

“Are you sure that you aren’t forgetting anything important, Lucia?”

“If I had something really important to do, I would’ve done it in the morning while I was still semi-awake.”

Lucia stated while wrapping me in her arms.

“Just making sure you didn’t forget to seal away some ancient curse before we went to bed. Wouldn’t want the school to suffer the wrath of some vengeful spirit because you forgot to say some magic words.”

“Otto, you don’t seal away curses, you break them. Plus there’s no way someone like me would be put in charge of something as important as that.”

Lucia said playfully.

“Wait hold on, there’s a difference between those two things?”

“Uh, yeah. When you break something magical, it’s basically just gone forever but when you seal away something, you’ve just delayed its effects.”

Lucia explained while slowly running her fingers through my hair.

“Still don’t get why you couldn’t just seal away a curse though?”

“That’s because you could. I’m not saying that you can’t seal away a curse, I’m saying that it’d be pretty stupid to seal away a curse. Mostly because you’re just making it someone else’s problem rather than dealing with it outright.”

“Gotcha.”

“Regardless, I don’t think either of us are gonna have to deal with something like that anytime soon, so don’t worry about figuring out the difference too much. Well, unless you’re getting an exam on that sorta stuff in your calligraphy class for some weird reason.”

“That’s fair, stuff like that is more suited for more adventurous people. I mean, the most ‘adventurous’ thing we’ve ever done was take a bite out of a sandwich that was the wrong color.”

“Ugh, don’t remind me. I couldn’t get rid of that awful taste in my mouth for 2 whole days.”

Lucia replied while still pressing up against me.

“Weird, it only took me only about an hour to get the taste out of my mouth.”

“That’s because your sandwich wasn’t as purple as mine. Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, your sandwich was basically the color it was supposed to be.”

“I dunno, from where I was, both sandwiches seemed to be purplish.”

“That’s great and all but your track record is pretty shit when it comes to stuff that requires good eyesight. I mean, didn’t you mistake a cat for a coyote the other day?”

“There was light in my eye.”

“Otto, the sky was cloudy the whole day yesterday.”

“I never said that the light in my eye came from the sun.”

“Where else could it have come from exactly? It’s not like there’s a bunch of light fixtures placed around our lunch spot.”

“Whatever. Anyway, we should probably go to sleep. It’s almost half past midnight.”

I said quickly while feigning drowsiness and closing my eyes.

It appears that Lucia has gotten way better at arguing with me.

Or perhaps I’ve just gotten a whole lot worse at it.

“Wait actually, uh do you mind if we stay up a little bit longer?”

Lucia said while gently tugging on my shirt.

“Is something wrong? It’s not like you to suggest staying up later, if anything I feel like you’d want to do the complete opposite.”

“...I know it’s stupid but I still can’t quite get the whole spider thing out of my head.”

“Ah… in that case, do you have anything else you want to talk about before we head off to bed?”

“I can’t really think of anything right now, no.”

“Then… is there some sort of activity you wanna do together that could make you a tad sleepier?”

“Well, there is one thing… would you mind making out with me until my vision becomes hazy and my eyelids start getting heavy?”

“Uh sure… I think I can help you with that.”

I said while averting eye contact with Lucia.

“Right then, would you like to start us off or should I?”

Lucia asked while tenderly wrapping her arms around my neck and making eye contact with me.

“I think you should, I don’t want to mess it up.”

“Even if you did, I don’t think I’d be able to notice considering that you’re the only person I’d ever do this with.”

“Alright then… how about I kick things off this time for a change?”

“I don’t have any problem with that, go ahead.”

Lucia said with a hint of excitement present in her voice before closing her eyes.

In turn, I took a deep breath, psyched myself up for a couple seconds and then proceeded to press my lips up against hers.

As expected, the sensation that followed was euphoric.

My mouth became engulfed by a flavor that could not be replicated by even the most competent of chefs and all the worries in my mind just evaporated into thin air.

Moreover, it seemed like Lucia’s warmth and scent increased in terms of intensity.

It was almost as if all my senses got amplified by a staggering degree, the moment that the two of us started making out.

And yet I felt little to no discomfort whatsoever.

“Hey, uh… I don’t know about you… but in hindsight I don’t think that… anyone could possibly sleep after doing something like this...”

I mumbled softly between breaths.

“I wouldn’t mind going without sleep for the rest of the night if this is what I get in return.”

Lucia replied before giving me a few seconds to catch my breath and tapping me on the forehead with her own.

“Just don’t complain to me about not getting enough sleep in the morning, alright?”

I said jokingly.

“Deal.”

Lucia responded quickly before inviting me back into her embrace.

In turn, I simply just accepted Lucia’s offer and resumed making out with her.

105