The APOCALYPSE
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let's calm down first and think about what is going to happen in the future.' thought Vivian.

Calming down his excitement about being reborn, Vivian started thinking about what to do next and how to lay a foundation to face the coming Apocalypse and all the risks and difficulties it carried as soon as his enthusiasm about being reborn subsided.

Vivian groaned, thinking back to the upcoming earth-shattering events. 'The Apocalypse, huh,' he said.

The world Vivian was currently in was known as the Pleothos world. Pleothos was a technologically advanced world with technical achievements comparable to those of modern Earth, but what truly set Pleothos apart was the unique energy known as Aether that permeated its environment.

Even though there was a minimal quantity of this Aether in the air, it had no discernible effects on ordinary people other than to lengthen their lives and improve their bodies in general slightly. For instance, if the average lifespan of a person on Earth was 70 years, it was 80 years on Pleothos. Similar to how if an average human from Earth had a speed and strength of 1, then an average person from Pleothos would have a speed and strength of 2, respectively.

Except for a few unique people, this prevented the planet's general population from being aware of the existence of this energy. Since they could remember, they had been accustomed to Aether and had nothing to which they could compare.

During the Apocalypse, which would later be known as the 'Dawn of Tomorrow,' Aether entirely regenerated on the planet. It increased from its minuscule amount to such a great magnitude that even the average member of the planet's population could not ignore it.

'Heh, the recovery of Aether, was it? There was no way in hell the humans could ignore it when out of five people, one had turned into a zombie.' thought Vivian in his warped sense of humor and then started laughing, thinking that this was but the start.

It became commonplace for the planet to be populated by terrifying mutant animals, Man-eating plants, numerous natural disasters, and space cracks that let out frightening lifeforms. It was like a fantasy come true, with the exception being that it was a grim, gory fantasy for people.

But, the most harmful thing was the humans themselves. Although the government was strong enough to maintain order before things got out of hand, the Apocalypse became the key that freed their corrupt, degenerate nature into the lawless world, doing as they saw fit—killing, robbing, raping, and performing every other immoral activity as they wished.

'As much as it was an Apocalypse, it was also an opportunity for us powerless humans to evolve and continue growing further.' thought Vivian, his eyes burning with passion and excitement. Because as the Aether continued to revive, the people who survived, or rather their cells, which were strong enough to adapt to the mutations caused by the Aether and not turn into zombies, started awakening supernatural abilities.

The people awakened many of the 'godly' abilities that were previously only a dream, such as the power to call down rain, summon thunder, and crush mountains with a fist.

The people who awakened such supernatural powers were collectively known as Awakeners, yet was everyone able to become an Awakener?

NO was the emphatic response. About three-fifths of the surviving population continued to be 'ordinary,' while the remaining individuals became Awakeners, or 'saviours of mankind,' as the general public referred to them. Because it was these awakeners that led the charge in the battles against the mutant animals and other strange beings. These were the ones that risked their lives to defend mankind and defend themselves from threats, becoming what the average person aspired and longed to be.

Vivian sighed, 'The Unawakened believed that we, the Awakeners, battled to preserve mankind and save them, but this applied only to the noble few in contrast to everyone else, including myself, who was fighting for power and authority.'

'Although we were arrogant pricks, the most hypocrite and self-centered of us all were those Chosen Ones' thinking about the Chosen Ones; Vivian's eyes turned cold.

Yes, the Chosen Ones were but the favorites of the Apocalypse, the true children of the heavens.

The first few chapters will deal with the world building and the background of chosen ones and the MC. So they may be boring, but they are vital for the story. So stay tuned for the future chapters!
Creation is hard, cheer me up!
Like it ? Add to library!
Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know

2