Rewards from the Enlightenment
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the Aether had not yet fully recovered but was increasing day by day, an A-rank Awakener was already at the pinnacle of the world.

The highest level an Awakener could achieve under current conditions was Rank-AAA.

The power system in this world scaled from Rank-F, which was the lowest, and an Awakener with an F-Rank was no different from an average human, except more agile and stronger than average, and if the average human trained hard enough, they could even contend with the F-Rank Awakener.

Rank-F was followed by Rank-FF and Rank-FFF. This was the same for each Rank until reaching Rank-AAA, which was the highest before the Apocalypse, and presently only the Heads of the Hidden Families, Great Families, the Sects, the Government, and other such existences were at this level.

The greatest rank that could be attained after the Apocalypse, when the Aether was resurrected, was Rank-SSS, a level where one individual could single-handedly wipe out half of humanity.

'Right now, the reason Awakeners could not advance after Rank-AAA was that the gap between Rank-AAA and Rank-S was like an insurmountable Chasm and this gap could not be bridged unless the Aether of this world recovered completely and the Laws were completed but that's too far for me to even think about right now.', thought Vivian.

'Uncle Fraunk, an Awakener at the top of Rank-A, being sent with me demonstrates how highly the family regards me. For the time being, this is sufficient.' Vivian sighed in awe at how his parents overindulged him by dispatching a bodyguard at the top of Rank-A.

'Even though Uncle Fraunk means more than a bodyguard in this trip as Uncle Fraunk represents my father, who is the family head of the Dirigeants. Therefore, whatever decision I make will have the support of my father and subsequently the Dirigeants.' Vivian reasoned after considering his father's and his family's intentions.

Vivian sighed in shame at not being able to comprehend such a simple thing in his previous life. 'If it was me before the rebirth, I would have just taken Uncle Fraunk as a guardian and not considered so thoroughly. Well, I'm not entirely to blame because my parents shielded and spoilt me so much from an early age.', comforted Vivian himself.

"When are we leaving, young master?" Fraunk inquired, jolting Vivian from his thoughts.

"We will leave once I digest my gains from this Enlightenment" replied Vivian, as he had yet to see what more he had gained after the Enlightenment as being fully integrated with his Reborn soul was already a huge reward.

"All right young master, please continue with your digestion. I hope that you gain something valuable that you will use during troubled times in the future. I'll wait outside until then," said Fraunk with respect.

When Vivian saw Uncle Fraunk depart, he said, "Thank you Uncle Fraunk."

'The troubled times, huh. As I had anticipated, every major family and power in the world was aware of the impending Apocalypse. This helped to explain why they were so prepared when it began,' pondered Vivian. 'When the Apocalypse arrived, every major power was ready for it with lots of resources stacked and Awakeners ready.' He thought.

Vivian sighed. 'I believe this was the reason the Awakening ritual of this generation of juniors of the Major Powers was so observed and anticipated. This is because it was our generation that Awakened in both the end of times as well as the best of times.'

After gathering his thoughts, Vivian started going through his gains from Enlightenment and as soon as he delved into his body and mind for improvement, the notifications rang out.

[Ding! Congratulations on Awakening an Affinity for the '???' element]

[Ding! The '???' element is being strengthened continuously...]

[Ding! The '???' element has been strengthened to a very high level.]

Even though he had the experience of his previous life Vivian was elated when he received these notifications from the system because it was impossible to achieve to awaken an affinity for an element that he was not born with.

This was due to the fact that an individual's elemental affinities were predetermined at birth. This meant that unless and until the individual awoke other affinities, which were extremely unlikely, or awakened a Legendary Class, he could only successfully and efficiently manage those elements.

This was the cause of Vivian's excitement because, in addition to his return, he had already experienced a tremendous boost from acquiring a new elemental Affinity.

As Vivian was contemplating these ideas, a very gentle Energy—which, while gentle, was also quite frightening and abstract awakened and travelled throughout his soul and body. His entire body was filled with this energy, which eventually combined in his soul, the location of each of his pre-existing elemental affinities.

Vivian felt as though he was laying in a warm and cool stream during this procedure, which went on for about two hours.

Vivian was startled to discover himself coated in a sticky, foul-smelling black substance when he first awoke. He understood that this was the result of his body's impurities being eliminated after the element was awakened.

After taking a bath, Vivan noticed that his already milky skin had become smoother and healthier and that his blue eyes were glittering with an enigmatic allure like a calm and peaceful lake that could easily entice anyone in.

Vivian also noticed that the Aether around him seemed much friendlier to him now, making it easier for him to sense and absorb it than ever.

'This should be the result of the element awakening.', thought Vivian, as having an additional elemental affinity gave all the cells in his body an additional inlet to absorb the aether in the air, which was an additional boost as more the elemental Affinities the better the person was at sensing and absorbing aether. Elemental Affinities were like mouths present in every cell of the body that ate aether as its food.

Vivian exclaimed in his mind, 'Awakening an element is already a very large reward for this Enlightenment, and even if this is all I get, I won't be disappointed at all! Regrettably, I won't know which element I've awakened until I take my Elemental Affinity test, which is still six months away.'

An individual could undergo the Elemental Affinity test when after reaching the age of fifteen but Vivian's was six months later because after returning from this trip to the capital he had to undergo the Bloodline Awakening ceremony which would Awaken his Bloodline and hence he would be given six months to adapt to the subsequent mutations and changes after awakening his bloodline before undergoing the test for Elemental Affinity.

Vivian was considering all of this when he once more heard the system's alerts, which made him  jump out of bed happily.

Sorry for the delay was travelling.
Hope you liked the chapter and yes as you can see the MC will be getting a lot of powerups from now on making him truly overpowered plus he has got the brains too.
SO if you like struggling MCs this might not be for you.
Well and what about the system? Find out in the next chapter.
Creation is hard, cheer me up!
Your gift is the motivation for my creation. Give me more motivation!
Like it ? Add to library!
Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.
I tagged this book, come and support me with a thumbs up!

1