Chapter 6: Helmos
331 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been 15 minutes since Sol and Helmos have fought each other.

“Huff! Huff! Huff!” [Helmos]

“Are you okay? Do you need to take a break?” Sol laughed when he saw Helmos was having a hard time breathing.

“Y-You bastard! I see why Barus had a hard time with you. Honestly, I don’t even know how you kill Barus, especially when your damage is so low. You’re just a worthless tank and nothing else.”

“A tank, huh? Well, you're not wrong about that. However, it’s working for me, and sooner or later you’re going to run out of steam and when that time comes, it’s my win.”

“So that’s your strategy, huh? To tire out your opponent and then kill them. Nice try, but that won’t work against me.”

Out of nowhere, Helmos took out a bottle of green liquid and began drinking.

‘Huh, what is that?’ [Sol]

After drinking the green liquid, Helmos’s face brightened as if his energy had been refilled.

‘Hmm, stamina potion?’ [Sol]

“Huaa! Delicious! I’m full of energy again!” Helmos said, “Hehe! You’re dead now, bitch!”

Helmos charged at Sol, and this time he didn’t underestimate Sol and went all out.

5 minutes later…

The result was still the same and no matter what Helmos did, he can’t seem to hurt Sol at all, let alone even leaving a scratch on Sol’s body.

“Seems like your plan isn’t working well. So what now? Are you going to drink your stamina potion again?” Sol laughed once more.

“You fucking monster! How the hell do you still have so much energy?! Are you even human?!” Helmos was curious.

“Human? Well, yes and no.”

“Yes and no? Huh? What the hell does that even mean?”

“It’s a long story and complicated…”

To be precise, Sol is a Game Character, so his body functions differently than regular players. For example, he could survive even without eating or drinking, and he won’t die as long as his health points do not reach zero. Although not eating or drinking may reduce his health points, it's not a problem for him since his regeneration speed is so fast that he would be healed to full health within seconds. So even if Helmos could penetrate Sol’s defense, he would still need to worry about Sol’s rapid regeneration ability.

30 minutes passed…

At this time, Helmos has given up. No matter how many stamina potions he drank, nothing seemed to go according to his plan.

It was at this time, Helmos turned around and looked at Ingrid and said, “I’m sorry f—”

Before Helmos could finish his sentence, in a cold-blooded manner, Ingrid appeared behind Helmos and stabbed Helmos’s heart with her right claw.

“What a useless weakling!” Ingrid was furious and disappointed that Helmos had failed to kill Sol.

Seeing that, Sol started clapping, “Wow, that’s so cruel! Man, I’m really scared for my life now.”

Obviously, Sol was being sarcastic with his words.

“I suppose you will fight me now, right?” Sol asked Ingrid.

“Hmph! You should feel honored to fight someone like me. Since you have pissed me off, I’m going to make sure you’ll die in the worst way possible. I’m going to torture you day and night for months before you are allowed to die. Don't worry, it’s going to be fun.”

“Damn. I’m even more scared now, haha.” Sol laughed.

Seeing Sol was not taking her words seriously, Ingrid became even more infuriated.

“Bastard! You dare to laugh?! Die!” Ingrid said as she charged at Sol.

‘Such murderous intent… Did she change her mind regarding torturing me first before ending my life?’ Sol thought.

Sol didn’t bother to dodge Ingrid’s attacks, instead, he gladly stood still and took every hit.

STAB! STAB! STAB!

PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!

KICK! KICK! KICK!

Sol laughed, “That’s kinda tickling. But somehow it feels really good, it’s almost like you’re giving me a good massage.”

When Ingrid heard that, she became even more furious.

“You motherfucker!!! Die! Die! Die! Why won’t you die!”

After a while, Ingrid stopped attacking and finally realized why Helmos and Barus had trouble against Sol.

‘This kid… no matter where I attack him, nothing seems to work. Is he invincible or something?’ Ingrid thought, ‘But since his attack is so weak, that means he can’t kill me either, so it’s a stalemate at this point.’

Looking at Ingrid’s facial expression, Sol could tell that she was trying to think of a way to kill him.

“I suggest you give up because it doesn’t matter what you do, my defense is impenetrable.”

Judging by Sol’s tone of voice, Ingrid could tell Sol wasn’t lying about his defense being impenetrable.

It was at this moment, Ingrid thought of an idea, ‘Hmm, If I can’t penetrate his defense from the outside, then what if I do it from the inside instead?’

Ingrid suddenly laughed out loud.

‘Why is she laughing? Has she lost her mind?’ Sol wondered.

Ingrid smirked evilly, and said, “You said your defense is impenetrable, right?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Then take this!”

Ingrid suddenly took out a purple bottle and threw it at Sol.

It was poison gas. Once a person breathes in the poison gas, they’ll die within seconds or minutes depending on how strong the individual is.

“Eww, what’s this disgusting smell?” Sol asked Ingrid.

“Moron! You’ll find out soon in a few seconds from now!”

Couple of seconds later and nothing happened.

“Okay…? I still don’t feel anything though?”

“Just be patient, it takes time for the poison to spread all over your body.”

“Poison? I see, so that’s your plan, huh? Well, sorry to disappoint you, poison won’t work on me either.”

“Tsk! We’ll see about that in a few minutes!”

“Sure sure, I’ll wait for a few minutes then.”

Sol was about to laugh as he couldn't wait to see how Ingrid would react in a few minutes' time.

A few minutes passed and once again, still nothing happened.

“????” Ingrid frowned in confusion.

“I told you, didn't I? Poison doesn't work against me.”

“What the hell? How could it not work?” [Ingrid]

“Alright! You have already attacked me, so now it’s my turn.”

Right after Sol said that, he started attacking Ingrid.

About 10 minutes later…

‘Look like I need a better weapon to do more damage.’ Sol thought.

It wasn’t too bad, in fact, Sol managed to hurt Ingrid a little. And the longer the fight goes on, Sol would eventually win. However, he wasn’t in the mood for a long fight, so he said, “How about we call it a day?”

“Are you stupid?! The fight is not over yet.”

“Then what do you suggest? You can’t kill me and I can’t kill you either, so what’s the point of us fighting? Unless you have the time to spend with me the whole day, then sure. However, I have other things to do too, you know.”

“Well… that’s true…”

“Just so you know I’m not running away, so if you want to fight again, just come and find me anytime. So what do you think?”

After giving some thought, Ingrid made up her mind and agreed to call it a day. She also knew the longer the fight goes on, Sol would certainly have the advantage. So in a sense, Sol’s suggestion was actually a good thing for her since she got to stay alive for another day.

After coming to an agreement, they both parted away. However, due to Ingrid’s prideful nature, she wasn’t going to let this matter slide easily. And not even a few minutes after Sol walked away, Ingrid ambushed and attacked him from behind aiming at his heart area.

STAB!!!

Naturally, nothing happened since Sol’s body was as tough as diamond.

“Hmm, now what? What are you doing?” Sol asked Ingrid.

“Tsk! I thought your defense would drop if you let your guard down, but guess not after all.” [Ingrid]

“Nice try. Now leave me alone and stop bothering me.” Sol was a little annoyed.

“Fine! But don’t think this is over yet, I’ll definitely find a way to kill you.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now fuck off!”

***

A few days passed.

In the Crimson Fortress, Ingrid had already informed other Demon Leaders regarding Sol’s power.

After finding out Sol was just a tank, they perceived Sol as not a threat, thus they changed their mind and decided not to pursue Sol anymore. After all, what’s so scary about a tank that does no damage? It’s only a threat if a person has enough damage to kill you, otherwise there’s nothing to be afraid of, at least that was what they think.

Ingrid of course didn’t agree with them. In fact, she was still not satisfied and refused to believe that Sol has no weaknesses. In her mind, she believed if she could find out Sol’s weaknesses, then killing Sol shouldn’t be hard.

In fact, she had already sent a group of assassins to spy on Sol. Right now, she’s just waiting for them to return and report any information they can find regarding Sol’s weaknesses.

8