Chapter 24: Bonus, Armor Penetration
116 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Far away, Hebelion’s group saw a silhouette approaching them. The silhouette was none other than Sol himself.

“Boss, look over there!”

“There’s someone coming!”

Eventually, Sol arrived in front of them, about 5 meters apart from each other.

“Are you the one who did all this?” Hebelion asked.

“What a dumb question. Yea, what about it?” Sol said in a provoking manner.

Looking at Sol’s face closely, Hebelion noticed that Sol matched the description of the person they were looking for.

“Wait a minute! You’re that tank player who recently caused havoc in our kingdom!” One of Hebelion’s men said.

“Oh, you guys know me? I didn’t know I was that famous so quickly.”

Sol was slightly surprised that they knew him.

‘So this is the kid Ingrid was talking about, huh? Hmm, no matter how I see it, I don’t find anything special about this kid. Was Ingrid just exaggerating? I wonder. Well, I guess there’s only one way to find out.’

Hebelion thought to himself.

“I heard nothing could kill you, I wonder if that's true or if they’re just exaggerating it.”

Hebelion was curious.

“Good question. Now that you mention it, I’m starting to wonder if anything could kill me at this point.”

Back in the Tutorial World, Sol was the strongest and there were no monsters that could challenge him, thus up until now, he doesn’t know what his limit is. Perhaps he may truly be invincible after all.

‘Right, I almost forgot what we’re here for.’

Hebelion almost forgot that he was not supposed to kill Sol as Lord Odeus wanted Sol to be captured alive. However, seeing all the dead demon soldiers on the ground, Hebelion couldn’t contain his anger and wanted to avenge them. 

“Kill him!!”

Hebelion was furious.

“W-What? I thought Lord Odeus ordered us to capture him alive?” One of Hebelion’s men said.

“Just shut up and kill him now!”

“Lord Odeus will not let this slide. Master, are you really sure you want us to kill him?”

“Don’t make me repeat!”

“Yes, master!!”

Following Hebelion’s order, they attacked Sol right away. There was no mercy in their attacks.

Seeing that, Sol could only sigh because he knew this was going to be another long battle.

‘Welp, here we go again.’

10 minutes later…

“So it’s true after all that nothing could harm you. Looks like they weren’t exaggerating when they told me about you.” [Hebelion]

During this moment, Hebelion told his men to step aside as he wanted to test out by fighting Sol by himself.

“Don’t waste your time. You may be stronger than your men, but the result it’s still going to be the same.” [Sol]

“Hmph! We will see about that!” [Hebelion]

Without hesitation, Hebelion charged and attacked Sol.

POISON SWORD!!!

POISON ARROW!!!

POISON MIST!!!

A few hours later…

Hebelion had tried all kinds of attacks, both physical and magic attacks, but to no avail.

‘This son of a bitch! Not only he’s tanky as fuck, but he’s also immune to all of my poison… Dammit! Does this motherfucker really not have any weaknesses at all?’

Hebelion couldn’t believe that Sol could withstand his attacks like it was nothing.

“Are you done? Didn’t I tell you earlier that it’s useless no matter what you do against me?” [Sol]

“Nevermind, change of plan. If killing you doesn’t work, I guess we will have to capture you after all.” [Hebelion]

‘Capturing me might work in the past, but now not anymore thanks to my new Taunt skill that I obtained recently.’ Sol thought.

Sol smirked and said, “Well, good luck if you think you can capture me.”

“Get him!!!” Hebelion yelled and ordered his men to capture Sol.

TAUNT!

“What?! My body is moving on its own?!”

“What the hell is happening?!”

“What the fuck?! Why is my body not listening to me?!”

Each time when they tried to surround and catch Sol, he would activate his Taunt skill to disrupt their movement.

“Bastard! What did you do to them?!” Hebelion was trying to figure out what kind of skill Sol was using. ‘Is it a mind-control type of skill? Or is it something else?’ Hebelion wondered.

“That's for you to figure out.”

To cast Taunt, all Sol needed was to use his thought, either that, or he could just say it out loud. Obviously, using his thought to cast Taunt would be the best method as it prevents leaking unnecessary information to his enemies.

TAUNT!

TAUNT!

TAUNT!

A few days later…

TAUNT!

“Stop it!! We’re all gonna die at this rate!”

“We surrender! We won’t bother you anymore, so please let us rest!!”

“Goddammit!! My entire body is aching! Ugh! It’s hard to even walk normally at this point.”

Even Hebelion was exhausted and couldn’t keep up with Sol.

“Huh, what? Sorry, did you just guys say you want to go for another few more rounds?”

Sol was being sarcastic.

“Nooo!! That’s not what we said—!”

TAUNT!

“Agh!! Stopp it!! Ahhh!! Fuck this shit!!”

“Kuuughh! I can’t believe we are all going to die this way!”

One of the Hebelion’s men started coughing out blood.

“Don’t worry guys! Keep fighting, I’m sure y’all can do it!” Sol laughed evilly.

TAUNT!

“Nooooo!! Please stop it…! I beg you!”

“For fuck sake! We admit defeat! We surrender! So please spare us already!!”

“Please what? I can’t hear you.” [Sol]

“We beg of you!! Please, let us go!!!”

“Nope, this is still not enough yet.” [Sol]

TAUNT!

TAUNT!

TAUNT!

Another few more days passed, making it a week, and finally, all of them died from extreme exhaustion.

“Good gracious… finally over. Alright, time to return to the underground base.”

With that being said, Sol returned to the underground base and informed the slaves that it was finally safe to go outside.

Among the few thousand slaves, Sol found Xelanor.

And the moment Xelanor was found:

Ding!

[Side Quest completed!]

[10 Diamond-Rank Materials from your Inventory have been consumed to craft a Diamond-Rank Gauntlet.]

[Estimated time for crafting completion, 10 seconds remaining…]

‘I see, that explains why the system made me collect 10 Diamond-Rank Materials earlier back in Carrot Dungeon, so it turned out the material was used for this. This is kinda scary, it’s almost as if the system had planned everything for me the moment I arrived in this world.’

10 seconds later…

[Crafting completed! You have received a pair of Diamond-Rank Gauntlets.]

Out of nowhere, A shining Diamond-Rank Gauntlet suddenly appeared in front of Sol, and dropped onto the ground.

As the pair of Diamond-Rank Gauntlets fell onto the ground, they collided with each other and made a metal sound.

CLANG!

“Woah! So this is a Diamond-Rank Gauntlet?” Sol said as he bent down to pick up the Diamond-Rank Gauntlets.

[Diamond-Rank Gauntlets: Every attack has a 1% chance to trigger the bonus effect “Armor Penetration”.]

[Armor Penetration: Reduce foe defense by 100% for 10 seconds. During this time, your foe will be very vulnerable as their defense drops to the level of an ordinary human being.]

“Holy shit! This is awesome! Although 1% chance is pretty low, still, I only need to trigger it once, and 10 seconds is plenty enough time to do a great deal of damage.”

4