Chapter 27: The Betrayal
108 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day passed, and yet for some reason, Sol was not getting lucky in triggering the Armor Penetration effect.

‘Sheesh… I guess today is not my lucky day, huh?’

There’s roughly a month left before the next Tutorial starts, I need to get this shit done as soon as possible or else I won’t have peace of mind.’

“It’s been a day… I think if we go back now, I fear Lord Odeus would kill us all…” a Demon Knight was worried.

“Fuck! I don’t even want to think about it, I could already imagine how furious Lord Odeus would be at us right now.”

“Should we run away instead? Because even if we successfully captured this boy, Lord Odeus is still not going to spare us anyway.”

‘So they are worried that their general would kill them, huh?’

Sol was curious as to why Odeus would want to kill them.

The Demon Knights didn’t pay attention to Sol and continued to discuss among themselves.

“If you guys can’t make up your mind, then suit yourselves. I’ll be leaving first because I’m not willing to die just yet,” a female Demon Knight said.

“Yeah, I think we should just run away. I don’t see any point in capturing this kid, because Lord Odeus is still going to kill us anyway when we return.”

“True. Honestly, fuck Lord Odeus! I'd rather escape than live in fear every single day.”

“I agree.”

“Yeah, count me in if you guys are leaving.”

“Whoa! You guys are planning to betray your general?” Sol was surprised to hear that.

“Yeah, it’s not like we have a choice anyway.”

“I see. Well, I have great news for you guys. How about we all team up together and kill Odeus? What do you guys think?” Sol suggested.

“Sorry, kid, it seems like you have no idea how powerful Lord Odeus is. Even with all of us together, we still can’t do a single thing to him, let alone even get close to him.”

“Don’t worry. I have my way of killing him, you guys just have to trust me.”

“Listen up, kid! You are our enemy, so why should we listen to you?”

“You have a point. However, the reason you have to listen to me it’s because y’all don’t have a choice.”

“Huh? What the hell are you talking about?”

“The moment you meet me, all of you are as good as dead. Have you ever wondered why Hebelion is dead? It was because he couldn’t escape from me. So it’s the same for all of you. Either you guys join hands with me and kill Odeus, or you can all die.”

“Kid, we have no time for your joke. I’m leaving now, if you guys want to stay here, feel free to do so. Alright, bye-bye!” A Demon Knight said.

“Hey, wait up! I’m coming too!”

TAUNT!

“What the?! This again?!”

30 minutes later…

After trying to run away for 30 minutes straight, they realized no matter how far they ran, they would still somehow come back to Sol. No matter what they do, their bodies wouldn’t listen to them.

TAUNT!

“Stop! You stupid, kid!”

“Fine! We will join you! So let us rest already!”

“Good choice! And don’t worry, as long as you guys help me achieve my goal, you will be spared,” Sol said.

“So when do you want to start?” a Demon Knight asked Sol.

“Hmm, it’s midnight now… I guess we can do it tomorrow morning. In the meantime, you guys should rest up first and save your energy for the main event tomorrow.”

The Demon Knights could only sigh in frustration and accepted the fact that Sol was their new leader now.

Seeing what happened here, some of the demon soldiers quickly went to report to Odeus regarding what Sol and the Demon Knights were planning.

The entire night when the Demon Knights were resting or sleeping, Sol was awake the whole time as he wanted to make sure no one run away.

***

Back in the royal palace, in the throne room.

“I see. So not only those idiots failed to capture the boy, but they even plan to betray me, huh?”

Hearing what the demon soldiers told him, Odeus became even more interested in how Sol convinced his Demon Knights to betray him.

“And you said they are planning to do it tomorrow morning?” Odeus asked.

“That’s right, my lord.”

The demon soldiers nodded their heads.

“Well, as long as they don’t run away then it’s all good. I’ll be looking forward to tomorrow.”

Odeus then got up from his throne seat and headed back to his room to relax. For some reason, he was feeling excited, he couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come.

The next day arrived…

The 11 Demon Knights woke up.

“Yawn!!!”

“Oh, you guys are finally awake.”

Seeing Sol was still awake, they jumped back in fright.

“What the hell?! Do you even sleep?!”

“My god! Are you sure you’re even human at this point?”

“Jeez! Just what in the world is your body made of? Like for real?”

“I was going to sleep actually, but I was worried you guys might run away when I go to sleep. Thus, that’s why I stay awake all night long,” Sol said.

“I see…”

‘The more I see this kid, the more I realize how scary this motherfucker is. How should I say it? He's lowkey scary in a weird way. It’s like he doesn’t kill his opponent immediately, instead, he kills them slowly which is even worse. Phew! I think I'd rather be killed by Lord Odeus than be killed by this kid. A fast death is way better than a slow death.’

Not long later, in the royal palace, in the throne room, the 11 Demon Knights and Sol arrived, and they’re now facing the demon general, Odeus.

CLAP!

CLAP!

CLAP!

“Welcome! I’ve been waiting for you guys all night long!” Odeus clapped his hands.

Seeing Odeus’s face, the 11 Demon Knights couldn’t help but tremble in fear.

‘Shit! Shit! Shit! Fuck this! I just wish I could run away, but damn this stupid kid wouldn’t let me! Aargh!’

‘I hope this kid wins against Lord Odeus, or else we are all fucked! Jeez, I can’t believe we actually supporting a human this time…’

The 11 Demon Knights were extremely nervous. They couldn’t handle the pressure, they desperately wished everything to be over as quickly as possible.

4