Chapter 28: Battle Arena
95 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So you’re Odeus, huh? Damn, you look truly intimidating, I can see why your Demon Knights are afraid of you,” Sol said.

“Ha! I don’t know how you convinced them to betray me, but I have to acknowledge you for being able to come all the way here.” 

This was the first time Odeus ever praised a human.

“You’re wrong, I didn’t convince them at all.”

“Oh, you didn’t? Then what is it?”

“More like they have no choice but to follow me.”

“No choice? So you’re telling me they are being forced to do it?”

Sol replied by nodding his head.

“Hahahaha!!”

It was a temporary laugh and all of a sudden, Odeus’s mood changed from calm to rage, ”Hey, kid! You dare to talk nonsense with me?! Do you know who I am?! Do I look like the type you can joke around and get away with it!?!”

Odeus was a serious type of person, so he doesn’t like it when people joke or play around with him. During this time, everyone could feel Odeus’s intense murderous aura occupying the entire throne room.

The only person who had zero fear was Sol as he treated it like it was nothing.

Casually, Sol picked his nose and said, “Meh, an ant like you dare to threaten me? Well, it doesn’t matter if you believe me because the fact these Demon Knights are with me says a lot.”

CLAP!

CLAP!

CLAP!

Odeus clapped his hands.

“Interesting! I have to say you’re the first player to ever talk to me like that. All the previous players I’ve met would tremble in fear the moment they laid their eyes on me, but you! You’re still calm like nothing can move your heart. You’re truly one of a kind.”

‘This guy… he looks so mad that I thought he would kill me right away for talking back at him, but now he’s praising me instead? What a weirdo.’

“Do you know why you’re still alive? It’s because I’m letting you live.”

“What a joke, you’re letting me live? I believe it’s the other way round actually.”

“You’re really good at pissing people off, huh? You see, I seldom torture my prey, I usually kill them instantly if I don't like them. But you’re different, you have crossed the red line on so many levels, so a slow and painful death would suit you better.”

“Whatever. Alright, so when will we start?” Sol was getting impatient as he wanted to finish the main quest as soon as possible to have a peace of mind.

“There’s no rush. How about tomorrow? We can fight in the giant battle arena. Don’t worry, I will organize everything, all you have to do is just show up.”

“Tomorrow, huh? I don’t mind, but on one condition.”

“Condition? What is it?”

“Does this royal palace serve delicious food?”

“Pfft! Hahaha! I thought you would say something else, but food?! I mean, of course, there’s plenty of delicious food, you don’t need to worry about that. For now, you can stay here for the time being. I just hope you don’t shit your pants and try to escape in the middle of the night.”

“Don’t worry, if I wanted to run away, I would’ve done so a long time ago.”

Sol reassured Odeus that he had zero intention of running away.

Just like that, Sol enjoyed his time in the royal palace eating delicious food as well as doing other activities like swimming and many more. To his surprise, he didn’t expect there was even a big swimming pool exist in this palace. To simply put, this royal palace was like a 5-star hotel, and there was no way anyone wouldn’t enjoy living here.

Back in Odeus’s room, on the balcony area, Odeus smirked evilly.

‘Hehe, I hope you enjoy every moment for the time being because tomorrow will be the day your nightmare starts.'

The next day…

In the massive battle arena located in the center of Azurion City, many demons gathered and were excited to watch the thrilling match that was about to start roughly 30 minutes from now.

In the locker room, Sol was seen together with the 11 Demon Knights. Everyone in the room was nervous except for Sol, if anything, Sol was looking forward to the match.

“Shit! Do we really have to fight Lord Odeus?”

“Fuck! I guess all of us are going to die today, huh?”

“It’s fine. This kid is powerful, we can depend on him.”

“I hope so, but still, it’s Lord Odeus we are talking about.”

As the Demon Knights were having a discussion, Sol joined in the discussion and said, “I changed my mind, you guys don’t need to help me anymore. I will do it alone, I believe it’s more fun that way.”

“What did you say?! Are you real?”

“Are you serious, kid? Are you sure you really don't need our help?”

“We may be scared, but I believe if we work together, we will have a better chance of winning. We have already come this far, so there’s no turning back now.”

“True. Lord Odeus is going to kill us all anyway, so we might as well give it our all before dying.”

Sol was too lazy to talk to them, so he just said, “Whatever… do what you guys like…”

“Don’t worry! You can rely on us, we will not disappoint you!”

“That’s right! We are all in the same boat, so let’s work together and win!”

25 minutes later…

5 minutes remaining before the match starts.

At this point, Sol and the 11 Demon Knights were already in the arena, they are currently waiting for Odeus to show up.

A few minutes later, up high in the sky, Odeus arrived by landing right in the center of the battle arena stage. 

BAAAMM!!

“Phew! I thought I was late, but it looks like we still have two minutes left before the match starts,” Odeus said.

“Everyone! Welcome to Azurion Battle Arena! My name is Casper, and I'll be the referee for today! Welcome and nice to meet you all!”

2 minutes later…

“Are you guys ready?!”

“Been ready since yesterday, hurry up and start,” Odeus said impatiently.

“Yeah, I’m ready too,” Sol said.

“Yes, we’re all ready,” said the Demon Knights.

“Alright! If you guys are all ready, then I’ll start counting now.”

1!

2!

3!

“Start!!!”

4