Chapter 29: Round One
101 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hahahah! Die, you fucking traitors!” Odeus yelled furiously.

Instead of focusing on Sol, Odeus decided to get rid of the 11 Demon Knights first. As for Sol, Odeus planned to save the main dish for the last.

As the fight started, Sol didn’t get involved, instead, he just stood still and watched the fight.

“Hey, kid! What are you doing?! Why are you not fighting with us?!” a Demon Knight said to Sol.

“Huh? I thought y’all said you would handle it?” Sol said.

“Yes, as a team! So that means you will have to fight with us too!”

“I will, but only after you guys are done.”

“Are you kidding me?! I thought we agreed to fight together!”

“That’s what you guys have discussed among yourselves, I didn’t agree with anything.”

“Hahaha! That’s what you guys get for putting all your trust into this human boy. Look what happened now! You guys got betrayed! Serve you right! That’s what you get for betraying me! Looks like karma does exist after all.”

Odeus was happy to hear that Sol wasn’t helping them.

“Fine, let’s make a deal,” Sol said.

“A deal? What are you talking about?” a Demon Knight said.

“If you guys can survive for 10 minutes, then I’ll join the fight. However, if you guys fail to stay alive for 10 minutes, then you’re on your own. You have to prove to me your usefulness first, or else you guys can forget about receiving my help. If none of you can even survive for 10 minutes, then I’ll take it as you guys are not reliable, and don’t deserve to be on the same team as me,” Sol said.

“10 minutes?! Hahaha! I don’t even need 10 minutes to kill these dogs! I think one minute is all I need to kill these fucking traitors!” Odeus said with great confidence.

“10 minutes, huh? You promise you won’t go back on your word this time?” a Demon Knight said.

“I’m a man of my word. As long as you can survive for 10 minutes, I promise I’ll help you guys after.”

“Very well. If that’s the case, we will try our best to stay alive for 10 minutes.”

The 11 Demon Knights looked at each other and nodded their heads. They seemed to agree with each other that they will work together to survive for 10 minutes.

“Lord Odeus! Don’t get cocky just because you are stronger than us! There are 11 of us, let’s see how long you can last!”

“That’s right! We might be weaker than you, but with 11 of us, it’s a different story.”

“Keep dreaming, idiots! Doesn’t matter if 11 of you or 1000 of you, you all are still trash in my eyes!”

Odeus was furious.

Just like that, the fight between Odeus and the 11 Demon Knights started.

Since Sol was not going to get involved, so he stood at the side of the arena stage and spectate them.

A few minutes later, to Sol's surprise, the 11 Demon Knights were still alive and kicking.

‘Meh, I thought they would die within a minute, but it seems like they are doing pretty good after all.’

The truth is, the 11 Demon Knights were pretty strong. However, their confidence was shattered due to fear, but in reality, if they work together, they can do a pretty good job in staying alive.

Every minute passed, and the Demon Knights were starting to feel more confident than ever. They used to be afraid of Odeus, but now their fears are slowly disappearing little by little. Although Odeus would still win eventually, at least this time, they can survive a little longer until Sol joins the fight.

“Lord Odeus, I thought you said you would kill us all within a minute? Hahaha! So what happened now?” a Demon Knight said.

“Tsk! Don’t get cocky! I was only playing with you guys. Don’t worry, I’ll get serious now!”

Odeus was irritated by what they said to him.

Hearing Odeus was planning to go all out, the 11 Demon Knights couldn’t help but started getting nervous about it. They gulped in fear as prepared for the worst.

“Hehe, why are you guys so quiet now?” Odeus smirked.

“Shut the fuck up! Bring it on, we are not afraid of you!”

“Hohoho! You guys are getting daring, huh? I remember you guys would never talk back at me, but now you guys are getting more and more arrogant. Is it because you trust this human boy so much that he will defeat me? Well, let me get this straight, what if this kid fails to beat me? What are you guys gonna do then?” Odeus said.

Since the Demon Knights put all their trust in Sol, therefore Sol must win as that’s the only way for them to survive. If Sol loses, that would mean it’s game over for them, and they will definitely be killed by Odeus after that.

It was at this moment, Sol spoke and said, “Odeus, stop trying to scare them and fight like a man. If you’re truly strong as you said, then there’s no need for you to use scare tactics on them.”

“Hmph! You dare to lecture me! Don’t worry, after I kill them, you're next, you filthy human cunt!”

Every minute passed and eventually, time was up for Sol to join the fight.

Among the 11 Demon Knights, at least 4 of them were critically wounded, almost close to dying. If it wasn’t for the other 7 Demon Knights protecting them, they would’ve been long dead by now. However, at this point, even the 7 Demon Knights were almost reaching their limits, it was just a matter of time before they would collapse too.

Sol clapped.

CLAP!

CLAP!

CLAP!

“Good job! You guys may rest now and leave everything to me,” Sol said as he walked up the arena stage.

During this time, Odeus saw one of the Demon Knights let her guard down, and seeing such an opportunity presented to him, he didn’t hesitate to try and kill her. However, at the very last moment…

TAUNT!!

“Odeus! Your opponent is me, bitch!” Sol yelled.

“What the fuck?!” Odeus didn’t expect to suddenly lose control of his body.

‘What’s happening to my body?! Why is it moving on its own?!’ Odeus thought to himself.

“Bastard! What did you do to my body?!” Odeus asked.

“That’s for you to figure it out. It’s not fun if I tell you the answer.”

“Son of a bitch! Fine! If that’s the case, I’ll knock you out first and then torture you later when I’m done killing these traitors!”

3