Chapter 30: Sol vs Odeus
119 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die!” Odeus yelled.

PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!

KICK! KICK! KICK!

CLAW STAB! CLAW STAB! CLAW STAB!

“Is that all you got? Is this the power of a Demon General?” Sol was quite disappointed.

“Bastard! Just who the hell are you?! How are you able to withstand my attacks?! Even if you’re a tank, it’s still not possible to be fine after taking all that damage.”

All this time, Sol literally stood still and did nothing.

“How do I explain… to simply put, your attacks are too weak. Are you sure you are not holding back because I’m human? Because it doesn’t seem like you’re using your full power at all.”

‘It’s true I didn’t give it my all, but still, that was at least 50% of my total power, I don’t think adding another 50% power is going to make any difference. Fuck, I can see why they betrayed me and chose to follow this boy. I hate to admit it, even my gut is telling me I can't win against this kid. Ugh! This is frustrating! Just why is this motherfucker so tanky! How am I supposed to win if I can’t even hurt him?!' Odeus thought to himself.

“Hello?? Are you listening?” Sol said.

“Tsk! Looks like I have no choice after all but to fight in my true form.”

“True form?”

During this time, the entire battle arena began to shake, almost as if there was a minor earthquake taking place.

“What’s happening? An earthquake?” Sol was a little confused.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!”

Odeus began screaming out loud as he started transforming into his true form. During this time, every part of his body began to grow larger and stronger.

Fifteen seconds later, the transformation was completed.

“Woah?! Damn! You look like a real monster now.”

Sol was impressed to see Odeus’s true form.

Originally, Odeus was about 195cm tall, which was about 6’5, but now he’s easily at least 15 feet tall. Besides that, he grew wider as well, big muscles with aggressive looking veins, bigger and sharper teeth, fiercer demon eyes, bigger horns and lastly, longer and stronger claws.

Meanwhile, seeing Odeus's true form, the 11 Demon Knights tremble in fear. When they fought Odeus earlier, they had thought Odeus was going all out, but it turned out Odeus lied and actually went easy on them the entire time. The reason Odeus lied was because he was saving energy for Sol. After all, there was no need for him to use his full power anyway since he could defeat them normally.

This was actually the first time the 11 Demon Knights saw Odeus’s true form.

“It’s over… this is the end for us…” a Demon Knight said in a fearful voice.

“Dammit! I had high hopes for this kid… but from the look of it, I don’t think he can win against Lord Odeus…”

“Shit… at this point, Lord Odeus is basically already Master-Rank…”

Odeus praised Sol and said, “You have my respect, kid! You’re the first player to ever force me to transform into my full demon form.”

CLAP!

CLAP!

CLAP!

Sol clapped.

“Very good, I’m amazed. Perhaps, you might even be able to kill me now, well hopefully. If that’s the case, it’s time for me to get serious too,” Sol said while doing some stretching pretending to warm up.

“You must be joking, right...? Are you telling me you weren’t serious this whole time?” Odeus was in disbelief.

“Alright, get ready! I’m going to attack this time.”

Sol was serious.

“Hahaha! You are trolling me, right? You’re just a tank, why would it matter if you attack me or not? I mean, you don’t do any damage anyway.”

‘He’s right, I’m just a tank. However, with my Diamond-Rank Gauntlet there’s a 1% chance to trigger the ‘Armor Penetration’ effect. In short, I just need to get lucky once and it will be game over for this guy.’ Sol thought to himself.

Without mercy, Sol charged at Odeus.

TAUNT!

“Tsk! What an annoying skill you have. Whatever, I was going to attack you anyway.” [Odeus]

PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!

KICK! KICK! KICK!

CLAW ATTACK! CLAW ATTACK! CLAW ATTACK!

TAUNT!

“I swear you’re the most annoying player I’ve ever faced! Grrr! Die! Die! Die!”

Odeus grabbed Sol’s legs and began smashing Sol on the ground left and right like a ragdoll.

BAM!!!

BAM!!!

THUMP!!!

“Holy shit! I’m not dreaming, right?” a Demon knight was in awed.

“Damn! I can’t believe this kid is fighting on par with Lord Odeus.”

“At this point, it’s basically a stalemate. Lord Odeus is not doing any damage to that kid, but at the same, that kid is also not doing damage to Lord Odeus.”

“Phew! At least this will buy us time to slowly recover our strength.”

“Wrong. It’s not a stalemate because that kid is going to win most likely in the long run.”

“Huh? What do you mean that kid is going to win?”

“Look closely, Lord Odeus is actually sweating a bit, while that kid hasn’t sweat at all.”

“Good observation. You’re right! I didn’t even see that.”

Couple of hours later…

PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!

KICK! KICK! KICK!

CLAW ATTACK! CLAW ATTACK! CLAW ATTACK!

TAUNT!

‘This is literally going nowhere…’ Sol was annoyed, ‘I don’t know how much longer I have to wait, but it should be about time for me to get lucky at least once.’

So far, Sol still hasn’t got lucky enough with triggering the Armor Penetration effect.

A few hours passed again, and eventually, it was getting dark, so Casper the referee decided to pause the match and called it a day, and continue again tomorrow.

There was no rush, so Sol and Odeus didn’t mind and promised to fight again tomorrow.

Back in the royal palace, in Sol’s room.

‘I can’t believe my luck today was so bad… Oh well, I guess I’ll try again tomorrow.’

In Odeus’s room.

‘Seriously… just what do I need to do to kill this motherfucker? Sheesh! I’m out of ideas. I’ve tried many different types of attacks, and yet nothing seems to work. Fuck this! I really don’t know what to do anymore!’

Odeus was frustrated and began breaking things in his room. He even killed some of the maids nearby to unleash his anger and frustration.

3