Chapter 32: Higher Beings
94 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The way Sol killed Odeus, it was a superb execution. Three combos, one on the neck and two times on the heart area to smoothly end the match.

“It was a good fight. However, there can only be one winner at the end of the day,” Sol said as he rubbed his nose cockily.

Seeing Odeus dead on the floor, everyone was speechless as they couldn’t comprehend what they had witnessed right before their eyes.

Even Casper the referee was too shocked to announce that Sol had won the match. Casper's mouth was wide open as he couldn't believe Odeus in his demon form could still lose to a mere human player. Furthermore, after Odeus transformed, his rank went up from Diamond to Master-Rank and yet he still didn’t stand a chance against Sol.

It was simply too mind blowing, it felt like a dream to everyone which was why they were having a hard time believing it.

Even the 11 Demon Knights were too stunned to speak. However, they were glad to have made the right decision to be on Sol’s side and not on Odeus’s side. Had they made the wrong choice and followed Odeus, they believed they would be dead by now.

[You have slain the Demon General, Odeus!]

[Main Quest completed!]

[You have received one Red Crystal!]

“Yo, referee! What are you doing? Aren't you going to announce who the winner is?” Sol said.

“A-Ah yes! My apology! I’ll do it now!”

In the royal palace, back in Sol’s room.

Sitting inside the stone hot tub, Sol was having a sweet time bathing and enjoying the hot water.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

A demon butler knocked on the bathroom’s door and said, “Master Sol, the food has arrived.”

“Oh, just leave the food on the dining table, I’ll eat it after I'm done taking a bath.”

“Yes, master.”

After Sol took over and ruled Azurion City, the human slaves were finally freed from slavery. The human slaves still live in Azurion City with the demons, but this time, they were at peace because the demons didn’t dare to mistreat them since they feared Sol would kill them if they did.

As for the 11 Demon Knights, they vowed to follow Sol as long as Sol was willing to spare their lives. In other words, they were now Sol’s underlings. Not a permanent underlings, but more like temporarily until Sol leaves Azurion City.

Looking up at the bathroom ceiling, Sol said, “A few weeks left before the next Tutorial starts, huh?”

‘I’ve heard from David, this whole Tutorial thing is basically like a game to test the players’ survivability. I wonder who is behind all this? To be able to do something like this, I bet that individuals or groups or whatever must be very powerful. Though the question is, how powerful are they? Will I be able to challenge them when I get my power back?’

Just the thought of who’s the mastermind behind all of this was enough to make Sol thrilled. After all, he has dreamed of fighting someone powerful, just so that he could go all out without worrying of overkill. Obviously not now, but when he gets his full power back.

After Sol was done taking a bath, he came out, changed his clothes and went to the dining table to eat his food. As he was eating:

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

“How annoying… who is it now?”

Sol was slightly annoyed.

“Sorry to disturb your time, master. It’s me, Seriana, I’m here because I have something important to report.”

Seriana, one of the 11 remaining Demon Knights.

A few minutes later…

“Oh, so you guys found Ingrid, that bitch?” [Sol]

“Yes, master. Right now we’re just waiting for your order on what to do with her.” [Seriana]

“I see, I never thought you guys were able to find her so quickly. So where is she right now?”

“We have locked her up in the underground prison.”

“Alright, don’t kill her yet. Once I’m done with my food, I’m going to pay her a visit.”

“Yes, master.”

Not long later, in the underground prison, Sol arrived at the cell where Ingrid was locked up.

“Whoa…! I never thought I'd be able to see you again. It’s been a long time isn’t it? I’m truly glad to see you again.”

Sol smirked.

“Y-You monster!” [Ingrid]

“Monster? Is that how you greet me after we haven’t met for a long time?” [Sol]

“I don’t care! Just shut up and kill me already!”

“Kill you? Not yet, after what you have done to Valor, there’s no way a painless death would suit you. I think some torture is necessarily, don’t you think?”

“Hahaha, this is funny.” Ingrid laughed.

“Funny? What’s so funny?” [Sol]

“Nothing, I just find it hard to believe you would go so far to avenge a demon.”

“Listen, he may be a demon, but he’s still my friend.”

“Friend, huh? I see, but still, demons and humans cannot be friends. We are destined to fight each other, I believe I don’t have to explain to you why, right?”

“I don’t know why you think that way, but hey, you are free to have your opinion and I’m free to have mine.”

“From what you just said, it seems like there are still many things you don’t know regarding the Chaos Tower.”

“What did you just say? Chaos Tower?”

Sol was curious at what Ingrid was trying to say.

“That’s right. Of course, you probably wonder what the Chaos Tower has to do with being friends with a demon, right?”

“I don’t understand what you’re trying to say, but go on.”

“In short, if you want to enter the Chaos Tower, you would need to kill all the demons in this world. Why you may ask? Because that’s part of the Tutorial. The Chaos Tower’s gate would only open once the players cleared the Tutorials. In short, as long as there are still demons left in this world, that would mean the Tutorial is not clear yet. That’s why I said demons and humans are destined to fight.”

“I see… However, the main question is how do you know all this?”

“Because I heard a voice, well it’s not just me, but we demons as a whole heard a voice in our head telling us if we want to live, we must kill all the players.”

“A voice in your head?” Sol said as he stroked his chin curiously.

“Yes, and we don’t know where the voice comes from either. We just know if we fail to kill the players, we will all die.” [Ingrid]

Behind Sol, there were a couple Demon Knights around, of course, Seriana was among one of them.

Looking at the 5 Demon Knights, Sol asked them and said, “Is what she’s saying true? Or is she making up a story to lie to me?”

“It’s true… We have heard the voice too in our heads.”

“Yes, it’s true. I can confirm because I myself have heard the voice too before,” Seriana said sincerely.

“I see, so you demons are the victims, huh? What a plot twist, I thought demons were the bad guys and players were the good guys, but it turned out that’s not true after all. So if demons and players are not the bad guys, who is it then?” [Sol]

“It’s the voice,” a Demon Knight said.

“The voice, huh? And do y’all know who is the one responsible for causing the voice in your head?” [Sol]

“We have no idea, but we have already suspected it’s most likely someone above, the higher beings.”

“Higher beings?” [Sol]

“That’s right, I believe that’s the only explanation to all these things that’s happening right now in this world,” a Demon Knight said.

“This is seriously fucked up. Oh well, I lost my mood in taking revenge now, so I’m just gonna head back to my room for now.” [Sol]

“Master, what about Ingrid? What do you intend us to do with her?” Seriana asked.

“It’s fine, let her go. After all, just as she said, we demons and humans have to kill each other at some point, and I don’t feel like doing it now.” [Sol]

Just like that, Sol headed back to his room and lay face up on the comfy bed while trying to process everything he had heard today.

5