Chapter 38: Minotaur King
81 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks to Sol taking all the aggro, everyone was able to kill the Werewolves smoothly without dying. However, that’s not to say there weren’t any casualties, there were but it was mostly only minor injuries, nothing serious.

[Phase 1 has ended.]

[Time Remaining: 22 hours and 54 minutes.]

It took roughly an hour to finish killing all the Werewolves, this was only for the colosseum that Sol was in. It’s unknown whether the players from other colosseums have completed their part or not.

[Phase 2 will begin shortly once players from colosseums are done.]

“Aaah…! I’m exhausted…”

“Yeah same… thank god we can finally get some rest…”

“By the way, that guy… Is he perhaps a hybrid? Someone with more than one class?”

“Maybe… or he could just happen to be a tank who hates using a sword and shield, who knows.”

“Honestly, I feel bad for judging him earlier. I thought he was joking, but it turned out he’s a real deal after all.”

“Yeah, me too. Also, if it wasn’t for him taking all the aggro the entire time, we would definitely have a much harder time.”

“That’s true…”

A young man named “Michael Hart” who happens to be the current leader in this colosseum headed over to Sol and said, “Good job! I don’t know what you did earlier, but thanks a lot, you have certainly made this battle easier for all of us. You have my utmost gratitude!”

“No worries. I’m only doing my job as a tank should,” Sol replied as he shook hands with Michael.

Michael wasn’t the only one who had praised Sol’s contribution, other players have praised Sol’s contribution as well.

Some players felt guilty for their actions earlier as they thought Sol was joking, so they went up to Sol and apologized and of course, they didn’t forget to give all the credits to Sol. After all, if it wasn’t for Sol, the casualties would have been much higher, and maybe possibly a lot of deaths too.

[Phase 2 will now begin.]

[Phase 2: Survive the Giant Dragonflies attack.]

[Phase 3 will now begin.]

[Phase 3: Survive the T-Rexes attack.]

[Phase 14 will now begin.]

[Phase 14: Survive the Bulls attack.]

By now a total of 23 hours and 8 minutes have passed…

[Time Remaining: 51 minutes 17 seconds.]

[Phase 22 will now begin.]

[Phase 22: Final boss, Minotaur King!]

The Minotaur King was peak Diamond-Rank, almost reaching Master-Rank. The battle power of the Minotaur King was not much different as compared to a Demon General. Although still weaker than a Demon General, but only slightly.

“Fuck! Are you telling me to fight that thing?!”

“That’s crazy! We already struggled enough earlier, and now they want us to face the final boss…”

“Plus, we have been fighting the whole day, so we’re all drained out and don’t have much energy left. Sigh, what a bad timing…”

[Population: 0.92 Billion Players remaining.]

Previously the current player population was about 1.23 billion, but now it has dropped to approximately 920 millions. Roughly 103 million players have died so far, give and take.

Who knows how many more players will die after facing this Minotaur King.

Facing the Minotaur King, Sol smiled in excitement.

‘It doesn’t matter how powerful my opponent is, as long as the Armor-Penetration effect is triggered, it will be over for them.’ Sol thought.

“Anyone who is Diamond-Rank and above stays in the front and fights! And anyone who is Bronze to Platinum-Rank stays behind us! If you are Clerics, you may join the fight and support us!” Michael said.

Among the 1000 players, only about 124 players were Diamond-Rank, while the rest were below Diamond-Rank.

KROARR!!!

GRRRR!!!

RARRWR!!!

The Minotaur King roared and after that, it started attacking the players.

TAUNT!

Without mercy, Sol charged in to challenge the Minotaur King head on.

“Don’t! You will die! Back off now!” Michael yelled at Sol as he was worried Sol might die.

Other players yelled at Sol too, telling him to stop because they thought Sol was being too reckless.

No matter how tanky a player is, they still have to be careful when challenging an opponent who is Peak Diamond-Rank.

“I will aggro! You guys attack! I’ll be fine, so don’t worry about me!” Sol said with great confident.

“No, stop it! You’re being too reckless! Back off now!” Michael said.

Sol already made up his mind, so he didn’t bother to listen to Michael’s advice.

“Fuck it! Everyone, let’s go! Clerics, please focus on buffing and healing Sol! We need to keep him alive no matter what so that he can continue to tank for us all! Do it now!” Michael said.

“Y-Yes sir!” a female Cleric replied nervously.

“I-I will do my best!” a male Cleric replied.

Right away, all the Clerics began working together to support Sol.

“Defense buff!!!”

“Heal!!!”

“Defensive Shield buff!!!”

“Very good! Don’t stop and keep up the good work, everyone!” Michael praised them.

Thanks to Sol aggroing the Minotaur King, the Diamond-Rank players were able to do a lot of damage to the Minotaur King peacefully without getting interrupted.

25 minutes later…

KROOARR—!!!

The Minotaur King gave one last roar before it collapsed onto the ground and died.

“Woohoo! It’s over! We did it!!!”

“Nice! Good job, everyone!”

“Hahaha! Yeehaa! We survived! And no one died!”

“Yup! It’s all thanks to Sol! Honestly, the best tank I’ve ever witnessed in my life!”

“I agree! Best fucking tank ever! Hahaha!”

“This is insane! I've never seen a Tank able to hold for 25 minutes straight without getting hurt.”

“Damn! Who would’ve thought a Tank could single-handedly carry us all!”

“Hahaha! Yes! Good job, everyone! We made it! Phew!” Michael said joyfully.

[Time Remaining: 26 minutes 6 seconds.]

‘Jeez! I thought it was going to be difficult, but thank god we were able to smoothly defeat it.’ Michael was extremely relieved, almost as if all the stress and burden had disappeared from his shoulder.

All the players were exhausted as they lay down on their back and had a big smile on their faces. They were glad they succeeded without dying. And of course, they could finally get a good rest after fighting the whole day.

The only person who was still full of energy was Sol, he still looked very fresh, there was no sign of tiredness.

“What a monster. He’s still looking fine despite tanking the whole day.”

“Man, I kinda want to change my class now and just be a tank. Oh well, it’s too late to change class now.”

“Hahaha! Same! I always thought Tank class was boring, but it’s actually overpowered now that I think about it. To be able to contribute so much simply by standing in the front and aggro everything, crazy!”

Thanks to Sol tanking everything, not a single player in his colosseum had died, making the only colosseum where 1000 out of 1000 players alive. Unfortunately, players from other colosseums were not that lucky, it was a bloodbath for them, there were many deaths and severe casualties.

Without the players knowledge, up high in the sky, a muscular man with beard stroke his chin and said, “To think all the players in Colosseum #18,912 survived and not a single death… Interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing how much they will grow in the future. I hope they don’t disappoint me.”

The person who said this was ‘Valtan’, an Administrator who was in charge of taking care and monitoring the 1st floor.

[Name: Valtan]

[Title: Administrator]

[Rank: Unknown]

26 minutes and 6 seconds later…

[The Tutorial has ended.]

[Population: 526 Million Players remaining]

[A portal gate to Chaos Tower’s 1st floor has spawned in the center of each colosseum. Please enter to climb to the next floor.]

“Finally…!”

“Aaahh…! I’m so tired, I don’t feel like moving anymore.”

“Get up! Stop being lazy! We don’t know how long the portal gate will last, so let’s go in first to be safe since we can always rest later.”

“So annoying…! Fine…!”

One by one the players got up and left their colosseum by entering the gate. Eventually, Sol went in the gate as well along with the other players in his colosseum.

“Alright! Everyone, let’s go!” said Michael.

Once all the players have entered the gate, in an instant, the colosseums in this world began to crumble apart and eventually, it became a place of nothingness. Had any players still remain here at this time, they would be obliterated along with this world.

5