Chapter 2 : Princess
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Vermiglione ? I heard this somewhere… Ah, it's your..."

"Princess !"

As I understood something I saw knights in golden armor running towards us. The middle-aged man in the front seemed to be the leader with his sparkling armor containing some red decoration on it and his imposing aura. He had a scar on his cheek which, along with its aura, gave the feeling of a man who had walked through many battlefields.

"Oh Jeff, I didn't think you'd be here."

"Princess, you disappeared for 1 day while you were chasing a criminal, we had no news of you and the last traces we had of you stopped in the poor neighborhoods next to about twenty corpses. It is normal for His Majesty to be worried and send me to find you."

"He's more worried that I'll run away and his arranged marriage will fall apart."

"Princess you know that His Majesty is obliged to do this for the sake of the kingdom..."

"Stop ! I'd rather not hear that again. Besides there are other people here and I'd like to avoid drowning them in my problems."

"Besides Princess, were there 2 criminals ? Was the information we received incorrect ?"

"No it's not. There was only one. The young man here is my guest, he comes from Earth. This is Elios Luceneru."

"He comes from the lower world, why bring such an individual back to Pangium ?"

"Elios, this is Jeff Oxley, captain of the kingdom's knights, its finest swordsman and one of the most powerful Avera in the kingdom."

"Pleased I am Elios Luceneru and as Reina said I am from Earth."

Saying that I reached out to shake his hand but Jeff's expression creased.

"You ! You dare to call the Princess by her first name..."

"Jeff that's enough he's my guest and I'm the one who allowed him to call me that."

"But Princess a simple inferior like him should not have the right to..."

"Jeff !"

Reina gave Jeff a killer gaze like I had never seen before and he fell silent immediately.

“I repeat he is my guest and I will not accept any discrimination against him”

Hearing those words, Jeff frowned but still reluctantly shook my hand.

"Tch! I'm Jeff Oxley, Captain of the Knights of the Vermiglione Kingdom."

Seeing the tense situation Reina spoke to the other knights.

"Very well, take this criminal to prison"

"Yes Princess !"

"And you Jeff lead us to my carriage, we're going back to the palace."

As we walked towards the carriage, several commoners observed us.

"Look, it's the Princess !"

"Wow she's really beautiful !"

"Princess thank you for helping us !"

"If I could have a wife like that I can die tomorrow !"

"Stop dreaming now, she's from a totally different league."

While an old woman was giving Reina a basket of fruit, I couldn't help but tell her that it looks like she is greatly appreciated, which she became embarrassed and not answer me. But this whole scene proved that she was very popular with the people.

We then arrived in front of a luxurious carriage hooked to two horses resembling to very muscular stallions.

"Wow! So you really are a princess."

Reina gave me a big hit on the back of the head

"And you still doubted it!"

"Sorry it's just that you may be beautiful but you don't really have the noble and aloof demeanor one would expect of a princess."

"Beautiful I don't think I'm like that either"

Reina blushed at this sudden compliment

"You are, in appearance I have rarely seen women like you"

"Never mind, let's get in the carriage!"

I then followed an embarrassed Reina into the carriage before closing the door and feeling her start.

I sat across from Reina and admired the cobbled streets. They looked like what you think of a town in fantasy novels, a little medieval. What appealed to me even with having direct access to Earth this world should look more modern. It was only now that I realized that we were in a carriage and not a car, but this one was going almost as fast as a car.

"Reina if there is direct access to Earth, why doesn't this city look super developed, are we in a city without too many resources ?"

"No, not at all, we are at the royal capital, Vermail."

"So shouldn't I see buildings everywhere ?"

*Sigh*

"There are 3 major reasons. The first is that before on this continent there was only one empire and this kingdom, the kingdom was much smaller and this powerful empire wanted to conquer the whole continent until his mysterious fall 11 years ago."

"What is the relationship with the buildings ?"

"Because of the constant war we have no problems of overpopulation so no need to build in height."

"I see and the other reasons ?"

"The second is simply the presence of Magia. On Earth civilization has developed out of need but here everything is done thanks to Magia."

"I see why create a car when you have horses that can go at the same speed."

"Exactly and everything is done through Magia, from heating water to starting a fire."

"And the third reason ?"

"That's the worst, that's why I sighed earlier, is that most of the high standing people in Pangium think that Earth and a lower world advance technologically only because they are weak so they refuse to use their technologies."

"Ah I see that's silly indeed."

"Yes especially that some of the technologies of the Earth could help the commoners but impossible to make them listen reason."

Following these remarks Reina didn't seem in a good mood as a silence settled in the carriage.

1