Chapter 3 : Palace
24 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Continuing the path, I could see the streets changed. Before the streets were cobbled but a bit dirty as not maintained whereas now one could see beautiful clean streets which, added to the passers-by dressed in clean clothes compared to the previous commoners, exuded luxury.

"So I see this city is made up of the noble district, surrounded by the commoners' district and if I'm there in the direction of the carriage I suppose we'll cross the noble district so this district must surround the royal palace." I thought.

This world apart from the difference of Magia really resembles the fantasy worlds of the novels.

"So Reina can you tell me about this academy?"

"It's true that I didn't tell you anything about that when it was to integrate it that I brought you here, sorry."

"Do not worry."

"The academy is the place where we train Averas from all over the continent, it brings together students from the 5 territories."

"Across the continent? Not just the kingdom?"

"Indeed before the empire fall the academy existed already and after the empire fall it continued to form Averas. To ensure equality, the territory of the academy is in the Pendragon kingdom but is considered neutral. It is not affiliated with any realm."

"But controlling the academy would mean controlling all the Avera in the world, I can't believe no kingdom thought of annexing it"

"You are right and everyone wants to control the academy but no one dares because of what allowed it to remain neutral even after the empire fall, its strength."

"You mean countries don't dare storm the academy?"

"Yes and for several reasons. The most obvious is that even by taking the academy it is not said that the teachers will submit or give the teaching methods which have allowed the academy to become so famous. The other is that even if the academy doesn't belong to them it's not impossible to train their Avera themselves it's just that their overall level will decrease."

"I see then there is no point in trying to take the academy if these 2 conditions happen."

"Correct, but that still won't deter enough some greedy people. There is also the fact that the academy has trained a lot of Averas during its history and that if the academy is in dangerous situation it is possible that these Averas will come to its help. And finally the most important reason is the best deterrent in the world"

"You mean strength"

"Again correct. The headmaster of the academy is Augustus Merlin III, one of the most powerful Avera and if it happens to be the most powerful, it's not as if the powerful Avera regularly compete to know who is the most powerful Avera of Pangium."

"But one man can really succeed in deterring all these kingdoms?"

"Do not underestimate the powerful Avera, the more powerful an Avera the greater the gap with the lower level. For example if 5 inferior level Averas face a middle level Avera they can win but it will take at least 10 middle level Averas to beat a high level one, especially once an Avera obtains its Regalia its power is further multiplied.

"Oh I understand"

"So surely the kingdoms have their assets to win if one of them launches an attack on the academy and I even think that this kingdom will win, but not only will he not come out unscathed and in addition he would have revealed their asset. Also, it hasn't been long since the other lands were created so no one is sure of other contries ambitions so they avoid showing weaknesses which makes them hold each other back."

"Yeah it's clear that if they are not sure of the ambition of the other countries there is no point in stinging the hornet's nest that is the academy. Earlier you spoke of the Avera level , how are they classified?

At that moment the coachman shouted

"Princess we have arrived at the royal palace."

"Alright let's go down."

As we got out of the carriage I was able to observe a magnificent cloud-white palace with red bricks embedded in it. It really conveyed the grandeur of a royal palace while showing just the right amount of luxury so as not to overdo it.

"Gorgeous isn't it ?"

"Yes"

"This is the royal palace of the kingdom of Vermiglione, I can guarantee that you may not find a more beautiful building"

That's what she told me with undisguised pride. Looks like she really loves her kingdom. As we walked up to a group of maids came out to greet us.

"Welcome back, Princess!"

"Is my father available?"

A maid came forward and said

"No Princess he's in a meeting, should I let him know you want to see him?"

"Don't bother, take my guest to the guest room, we'll go see my dad when he's available."

The maid had a surprised expression when Reina said I was her guest and immediately put to work.

"Alright Elios see you later, if there's anything you need just ask one of the maids."

"Very good see you later"

As the maid guided me through the hallways I thought to myself that this palace was really big. Then we stopped in front of a

door that the maid hastened to open.

"Sir Elios, this is your room if you need anything don't hesitate to ask me. Can I heat the bath water for you or perhaps you would like something to eat?"

I thought for a moment before saying

"No I'll be fine. Is there a training ground where I can train alone around here?"

"Yes there is a special place for guests where no one will go unless the guest allows it."

"Perfect, please take me there."

It's time to see if I'm not rusty.

1