Chapter 4 : Dinner
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The maid led me to the training ground which is located in the basement. There was a nice high ceiling allowing those who train to go wild.

"This is the training ground for the guests, Sir Elios."

"Does the royal palace have other training grounds?"

"Yes but this is the only one for guests with another outside but since you told me you want one to train alone I took you to this one, do you want to go to the other one maybe ?"

"No this training ground is perfect, how many others are there in this palace?"

"There's a big one for knights, and others for royalty, why?"

"For nothing, I was just thinking that this palace is even bigger than I thought."

"Do you need anything else?"

"No it's perfect you can go to do your other chores"

She then bowed before closing the door.

"Perfect, let's try a simple body strengthening."

As I breathed and smelled the Magia in the air, it started building up inside my body, the more Magia building up the stronger I got. Once I reached a certain point, I swung my sword and made a huge cut in the wall.

"Very well, the basic body strengthening spell is good"

I then looked at the cut and the wall began to repair itself.

"As I thought the whole room is equipped with a reconstruction spell. I will be able to experiment a little more."

"Now let's try my sword techniques"

"Claw!"

Saying the name of my technique, I made five parallel diagonal strokes almost at the same time which formed a huge scratch shape on the wall.

"Well my techniques don't look too rusty, that should be enough for today."

I watched the wall repair much more slowly and once the training ground was as it was when I arrived I opened the door.

A maid greeted me

"Is your training session over?"

"Yes let's go back to the guest room, are we going to eat soon?"

"Princess Reina asked me to let you know that dinner will be ready soon."

"Alright then take me back to my room so I can shower before I go to dinner."

So I followed the maid to my room, once in it I undressed and took my shower. Once I was done I got dressed before looking out the large bedroom window at the city. I could see some kind of pigeons in the sky but it looked bigger and faster than Earth pigeons. At this moment I heard someone knock at the door.

"Sir Elios, if you have finished what you are doing, I have come to fetch you to bring you to the dining room."

"It's good, I'm finished, I'm coming right away."

So I was led into a large room with luxurious chandeliers on the ceiling and a large table. Reina also entered at this time, she was dressed in a one-piece dress of the same color as her hair which showed off her curves which were neither too big nor too flat. She looked more like a princess than when she wears her battle uniform even if I prefer her battle suit.

"See you again, let's start eating."

"It's only the two of us?"

"Yes my father is busy we will meet him tomorrow."

So we sat down at the table before we were brought back dishes worthy of a banquet. There was way too much for two people.

"Reina isn't there too much for 2 people?"

"Yes but you are invited into the royal family here it is the norm so deal with it. You are not expected to eat everything, only eat what you like. I tried to make sure that the cooks don't prepare as much but as this is the norm when there are guests by the time I warn them they had already prepared almost everything. Don't worry if you don't like it tomorrow it will be easier."

"Yes I would prefer."

As we ate, Reina started talking

"The academy starts in 2 days we will go then."

"Alright do I need anything?"

"Not normally that nobles can register because Unia are expensive and in general nobles are the only ones who can use Magia."

"But yet everyone can use Magia."

"Yes, but only nobles can afford to teach the expensive methods from an early age to learn how to become an Avera. Apart from a few talented commoners, the other don't manage to master Magia without these methods. Of course if commoners are enough talented they can acquire a scholarship and enter the academy."

"I see and can I enter like that?"

"Yes as you have a recommendation from the Vermiglione royal family and in addition the year is only beginning so you won't disturb anything. And frankly even if you passed the test with the commoners you would still be admitted because of your high affinity ."

"And you mentioned Unia, what is it ? A kind of uniform ?"

"No that's what the Averas wear a bit like wizard robes. The outfit you saw me in on Earth was my Unia. These are artifacts, which use the user's Magia to act like armor and some even have other functions. Of course most melee fighters wear armor because even if it's heavier it allows you to protect yourself by spending less Magia.

"But then they consume Magia continuously."

"No let's say that when you're not fighting they accumulate Magia in the air until some degree depending on the grade of the artifact. Obviously if someone wants to strengthen their defense in combat they can send their Magia in to increase their properties."

"I understand. But isn't it expensive?"

"Not really for the royal family and besides it will be the lowest grade of artifacts so you don't have to worry about that, just think about what you would like it to look like."

0