Chapter 7 : Rank
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While they were fully on their discussions I tried to interrupt them

"Uh excuse me but I have heard you talk earlier but what is this whole story about quality and everything. Isn't that better to have a higher rank?"

At that moment the Count Artight looked at me with round eyes and with his mouth so wide open that one could enter an ostrich egg inside. Reina then sigh

"* Sigh* it's true I forgot that you didn't know all that"

"What cannot be known about all this is basic knowledge unless ..."

Reina then looked at Fonte with a fairly cold look as if to tell him not to say or do something that would deceive her before telling him

"Yes Elios is not pangium but he comes from the earth. Is there a problem with that Fonte?"

"No absolutely not princess I am just a humble blacksmith to whom the family has obtained a title of nobility by forging. I am not like these other people who think they are superior thanks to their birth because of the fact of that my family worked to be able to acquire what we have. Even if I think that the other noble families had to work also a long time ago they seem to have forgotten it since."

"Very well I expected no less from you Fonte."

Then Reina looked at me and said

"So taking up at the simplest, in Pangium there are weapons, armor and even accessories infused with Magia during their constructions they are called artifacts."

"Yes I had almost understood this part and a unia is also an artifact but in the form of clothing, is that it?"

"Absolutely except that because of the quasi-constant contact with his user a unia can progress to benefit him which is a little different from the others artifacts because even if they also progress they have more limitations and therefore regularly changed unlike the unia that we generally keep all your life. "

"I see and what are the ranks which you were talking about?"

The answer came from Fonte

"The artifacts are divided into several ranks which generally follow that of the Averas. They have as a rank: Low-Common rank, Medium-Common rank, High-Common rank, Mortal, Enchained and Winged. We speak of higher rank in the books but since we haven't seen an Avera that can handle it we think that there are no more. "

"That's to say ?"

"An artifact always follows the rank of his owner and tenfold the power of him when used and we have additional effects like an Unia having a resistance to heat or an artifact shield that can blind the enemy. So a low rank avera will have Low-Common rank artifacts but if he tried to use a Mortal artifact it is not impossible but this artifact will exhaust him more than if he were to his rank and it will have a certain resistance if the artifact refuses to recognize the Avera as his master. And even if the Avera manages to handle it, the Mortal rank artifact will reduce its rank to the same as that of the Avera which will handle it and evolve with him. The Unias on the other hand have almost never new masters apart sometimes in the same families. "

"But in this case it's better to have higher rank artifacts if you manage to handle them"

"Not necessarily because all the artefacts improves at the same level as their owners. The difference is that an artifact which is of higher rank will have abilities who is going to be unlocked during its evolution when those who improve we are not confident if they will have new abilities. This is why the Unias are special because they often earn new abilities according to their carriers when artifacts and weapons do not necessarily gain new ability and are limited to materials it is fabrication that why we often change artifact because we use better materials for new weapons while the materials of the Unias improve themselves. "

"What are these differences in materials?"

"It's simple, let's take two swords, one in steel and the other in dragon bone, these two swords are the same rank, during their evolutions even if they can accumulate as much Magia inside them but the sword in steel will never earn new ability while the sword in dragon bones will gain incredible. In addition even if the steel sword will improve and will always be better than weapons of lower ranks but it is still one of the worst materials so it could be broken against a dragon bone sword of the same rank. "

"I see and therefore the materials of the Unias evolve?"

"Yes, that's why we don't need to change them. For example if a Unia is made of puppy fur after it will evolve in more resistant dog fur and after if its owner often finds itself in cold situations it will evolve in a snow dog fur, resistant of ice so better for the cold. "

"I understand, thank you for your explaintions Count Artigh. "

"You can call me Fonte like the Princess. You seem intelligent and a good person to me so I will try to make you the best Unia possible."

"Thank you very much, I look forward to it."

After hearing me Fonte left in the back of the workshop where I could see furnaces and anvils as well as many other tools.

"And now Reina, do we come back or are we waiting here? Maybe you planned something else?"

"No, I had planned to wait for your Unia to finish being made but with the materials you chose it should have taken more time than expected but we are lucky because it is one of the best craftsmen in the kingdom who makes it so it should not take too long and last the time that I had planned initially. More than waiting here we can go see him working maybe you will be inspired and you will want to become a craftsman. "

0