Flexing your strength
421 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The doors of the Ancestral Sanctuary groaned open slowly. Yu Sheng, Shen Huang and Yao Lan slowly walked down the steps.

Now, not only were there people from the Bai family, but people from other different factions had arrived as well. The only difference was that they were still standing and had their heads lowered while cupping their hands. 

The Bai Family wanted to prostrate themselves on their own accord, but Yu Sheng did not want to see his descendants kneel while others were standing. It was his pride as an ancestor. 

Yu Sheng had sent a message to Hao Lin to of his instructions, and he was happy to see that they had complied. 

It was a surreal experience for Yu Sheng to see so many people genuinely respect him. There were even some who were older than him bowing their heads to him. He had recognized a lot of people there, be they friends or foes.

People he had not seen for aeons had come here to visit him, so he would naturally not disregard their respect. 

“Please raise your head. We are all friends here, are we not?” Yu Sheng commanded.

A chill ran down everyone's spine. They knew what these words meant. If you decide to cause trouble in front of him, he would definitely not let you off easily.

Yu Sheng had already used the Heavenly Secret Unbound Tome to derive the factions that had enmity with him. He had committed to memory these factions and decided to deal with them when he had the chance.

Yu Sheng took a glance at the Xia family faction and smiled. His mere gaze had caused this group of old monsters to tremble. 

Nobody dared to comment on this. They all have some inkling that the Xia family was not very content with the Bai Family, but everyone kept their mouths shut.

Only Shen Huang burst into a peal of roaring laughter and Yao Lan kept a slight smile on their faces. Of course, they had seen this interaction and found the Xia family’s reaction hilarious.

This was how it was supposed to be. Their husband was finally back. It was yet again the time for the Bai family to rise up.

Hao Lin respectfully cupped his hands together and informed Yu Sheng. “Grand patriarch, we had prepared for you a banquet in your residence. We hope that this arrangement is to your liking.”

Yu Sheng nodded his head and chuckled. “It would take some time for all of us to travel there. Let me transport all of us there. Take it as my thanks for coming to pick me up.”

Although Yu Sheng was not considered the best at special techniques, his overwhelming strength was more than enough to make up for it. He caught everyone off guard when he forcefully transported the entire group with him to his residence.

He did not even bother to check the cultivation levels of everyone present with the Heavenly Secret Unbound Tome. If he could easily teleport the entire group, it would only mean that their cultivation levels were not high enough to resist his powers.

Yu Sheng chuckled again. Everyone had an even higher respect for Yu Sheng now. To be able to sweep them off into another location that easily, would mean that his cultivation realm was profound and beyond anything they knew.

The people from the Xia family had extremely ugly looks on their faces. This was a blatant slap on the face of the Xia Family. The Xia family were regarded as the best Spacial technique users. What would other people think when they found out that they could not even resist the teleportation?

No, it was even worse than that. Everybody was praising Yu Sheng at the moment. If they brought anything up to refute the claim in the future, they would be looked down upon for not bringing it up earlier.

But how can they say anything now? They would openly be against not only Yu Sheng, but everyone else who lowered their faces to praise Yu Sheng. The situation would only become worse if they talked. Thus, they keep quiet and ignored the looks of contempt that were thrown towards them.

They swallowed their anger and vouched to themselves they would repay the humiliation tenfold in the future.

Yu Sheng felt devious when he saw how the Xia family reacted. Yes, this was the feeling he wanted. To be so powerful that everyone had to swallow their anger when facing him. 

Yu Sheng had been messing around with his skills and with Xiao Hei’s functionalities. He had discovered a way to combine his skill, [Chronokinesis] and Xiao Hei.

 Chronokinesis is an ability that can alter the past, present and future of any non-living thing, without incurring any karma. He discovered that this ability could affect Xiao Hei, as she was not considered a living thing anymore under the eyes of the River of time. 

Thus, he discovered a way to use Xiao Hei to communicate with the Yu Sheng of the future. Of course, Chronokinesis has its limitations as well. Since the person casting the spell itself was not in any danger of incurring karma, the number of altercations he could make on Xiao Hei was not very high, and it also ate up a lot of stored time the further he goes.

Yu Sheng sent the future Xiao Hei into the present time and used her as a way to gather information. Future Xiao Hei was not surprised to see Yu Sheng. She knew that he had managed to create a new information-gathering technique that had never been seen before. 

She started to recall to Yu Sheng the key major incidents that would happen soon. The conflict this time revolved around Guo Wang and his failed assassination that was stopped by future Yu Sheng. However, a certain problem had arisen and they had let some rats escape.

Yu Sheng patiently listened to Xiao Hei. He raised the corner of his mouth. It seemed that he would need to make some plans in advance.

He approached the fourth ancestor of the Wang Family. She was the direct ancestor of Wang Bing Ji and had heavily advocated for the marriage between Hao Ran and Bing Ji. Currently, she was the oldest ancestor that had come to visit Yu Sheng. It was unknown whether the first to third ancestors were alive or not.

“Fourth Ancestor Wang, I would like to ask if you could perhaps help build me an anti-void displacement array ?” Yu Sheng asked.

**********

Xia Guo Ji was in a very foul mood. He had just been informed that his grandson had yet again gotten himself into trouble. His slave guard had been killed in front of everyone while he had been beaten blue and purple.

He and the rest of the Xia family present had already been humiliated, and for his grandson to face such a tragedy? How could he face the main branch in the future?

Guo Ji excused himself from Yu Sheng’s residence in a hurry. This scene was naturally seen by Yu Sheng. Yu Sheng knew what was going to happen next, so he went and continue with his plan.

“Do you know who hurt my cheap grandson?” Guo Ji asked while displeased. His subordinate seemed to know who he had fought with and responded.

“Elder Guo Ji, young master Guo Wang had provoked the Young mistress of the Wang family, Wang Bing Ji. Witnesses said that he exclaimed in public that he was going to rape her whi-” Guo Ji’s subordinate reported halfway before he saw the blackened face of Guo Ji. He knew that if he continued to report what had happened, his head would be flying off next.

Guo Ji was frightened. He could not imagine the consequences if his grandson had successfully touched Bing Ji. How could anyone not know how much Bing Ji was in love with the young master of the Bai Family? 

Even if Bai Hao Ran did not love her back, the Bai family would never let the matter down as it was something that directly challenged their dignity. Having the fiance of their heir defiled is no joke. All Guo ji hoped was that his grandson was alive when he arrives. 

Guo Ji cut the space in front of him and quickly moved to the location of his grandson.

11