90 – Domestic Trials 13
147 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At lunch time, CLM ate leisurely, chatting and eating as though they had already won the championship. However, it was true that with their current points, they could advance even if they closed their eyes during the last two matches. And of course they wouldn’t really play with their eyes closed. Different from their leisurely style, the YEY and MQ teams were eating the way whirlwinds swept across clouds. They hadn’t even warmed up their seats before they finished eating and left.

——YEY was eager to start a meeting to draw up tactics, while MQ was eager to rest and replenish their physical strength.

 
At this stage of the game, MQ had become the offensive side, and their goal was very clear. They needed to get kill points, the more points, the better. It would be best to surpass YEY and get third place, but it was fine if they didn’t, as long as they advanced. Meanwhile, YEY was now on the defensive, and really had a headache. They now had two choices: they could either continue to seek stability and carry out their two guarding two tactics to the end, so that the Weather team’s total points could be stabilized above MQ and win the third place medal.
 
Or, they could take the risk to suppress MQ, which meant that Lightning and Run could also advance? However, if they failed to beat them down and were instead wiped out and had their points suppressed by MQ, then let alone Lightning and Run not advancing, even the Weather team’s third place medal might be lost. How were they supposed to choose between these two options? The coach couldn’t make the decision, so he could only ask for the player’s opinions.

 
Thunder’s thought process was, “There’s four of us and two of MQ, so the chances of us being killed off instead are low. Can’t we try it?”

 
Tornado also said, “I agree. Anyway, there are just two matches left. In the worst case, we can’t get third place, but as long as we can advance to the Global Championship, it’s fine.”

 
Lightning started to speak, but then bit his tongue. In fact, he wanted to advance, but he felt that it wasn’t worth taking such a big risk in order to let him and Run advance—It would be fine if they really did advance, but what if they didn’t, and also caused YEY to lose the third place medal?

 
How could he face his teammates in the future after that?
 

Seeing that he didn’t speak, Run hesitated for a moment, but he still opened his mouth to express his own idea, “Let’s not do it ba. The difference between our score and MQ’s isn’t very small, and there’s a saying, how does it go? A snake cannot swallow an elephant with greed alone. At this critical point in the competition, of course we should play it safe ah!”

 
“Lightning, what do you think?” The coach looked at Lightning.

 
It was obvious that the more teams YEY could advance, the better off they’d be. However, after the reform to the competition system, the team could no longer freely adjust the lineup for the individual competitions. This meant that Lightning and Run would need to fight for themselves more than for the sake of the team—If they lost here, then they would not have a chance to play in the duo competition for the global games.

 
Therefore, the tactical arrangements for Run and Lightning were very important. Now that Run had already said his opinion, it depended on what Lightning thought. After a brief silence, Lightning spoke his mind.

 
*

 
“Welcome back to the domestic trials! I’m Caster A-Yi!”

 
“And I’m Caster Bunny Ji~”

 
“It’s the seventh round of the duo competition!” A-Yi said, and sighed emotionally over how quickly time had passed, “It went by so fast ah! After the next two games, the duo competition will be over!”

 
“Yes!” Bunny Ji replied, “Tomorrow, the squad matches will begin!”

 
The two casters talked about that a bit, and after heating up the atmosphere, they finally got to the point.

 
A-Yi said, “Okay, we can now see that the players have already boarded the plane.”

 
Bunny Ji commented, “This match’s map is quite simple and rough, isn’t it?”

 
This match, the players had jumped to several areas that were all concentrated together, greatly increasing their chances of bumping into each other and having to fight in close quarters. No one knew if it was intentional or coincidental, but the terrain was really good for the final sprint. Of the top ten teams, QAQ was the first to jump. This time, there were no strong teams targeting them, so they should play more comfortably in the early stages. YEY’s two teams were the next to jump, which surprised the casters.

 

Bunny Ji exclaimed, “Hmm? YEY has already jumped? They’re not going to check MQ’s jumping point ma?”

 
A-Yi said, “It seems that they don’t plan to harm MQ in the early stages, and they want to play it a bit more safe.”

 
Yes, in the face of YEY’s coach’s question, Lightning’s final answer was, “No, today’s MQ is too fierce, I’m afraid.”

 
The coach didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, and slapped his forehead. “What kind of words are these?” Then, he finally made a decision. “Okay ba, since you guys don’t particularly want to be promoted, we’d better keep our tactics as two protecting two and play it a bit safe.”

 
Everyone agreed one by one, and no one raised any objections. What they didn’t know was that even if they had decided to crack down on MQ, MQ wouldn’t have given them an opportunity. MQ had already decided long ago that they would wait to jump after YEY and try to avoid them. If they couldn’t avoid them, then they would strike first. When the plane was ready to cross the area, they would jump to the ground first, then take YEY by surprise and kill them off! Rabbits would bite people when they were frantic, not to mention beasts forced into desperate situations.
 

——Although MQ didn’t like to take risks, they were definitely not vegetarians.

 
Therefore, at the beginning of the seventh duo match, the three strong teams did not intersect. This continued all the way until the third circle, when YEY and CLM ran into each other. The four teams fought fiercely, and Lightning and Run were the first to die. Ling Shuyi was killed by Thunder after being blown up by Lightning’s grenade. Wen Xi knocked Tornado down with an arrow, and Mo Chen immediately killed him with a headshot, but Thunder escaped.
 

One for three. CLM didn’t lose, but YEY suffered a heavy blow. Seeing this scene, YEY’s coach let out a secret breath of relief in the midst of his nervousness. He was glad that he hadn’t let them butt heads with MQ. This was what happened when their entire team met CLM. If the team had fought with CLM after a tough encounter with MQ, let alone taking kills, it would be a miracle if the entire team wasn’t wiped out.

 

While he was rejoicing, on the other side, Wen Xi licked his lower lip, not having gotten to fully vent his dissatisfaction. “Where’s Thunder? He’s the only one who we didn’t kill off, it doesn’t feel good.”

 
Mo Chen couldn’t help laughing—This was him getting drunk from the slaughter ah.

 
“You should give YEY some face. This is only the third circle, and they only have one person left,” Mo Chen advised, but still swept over the area, looking for the running Thunder with his own sniper rifle a few times.

 
What a joke. If they could take the kill, then what reason was there to not take it? 
 

However, it was a pity that Mo Chen couldn’t find the person and could only say, “Let’s race the poison circle first, and we’ll talk about it again after entering the fourth circle.”

 
“Okay ba.” Wen Xi reluctantly took back his bow. Although he was a little disappointed, he still obediently kept up with Mo Chen’s steps.

 
Mo Chen observed the “little tail” closely following him through the map, and he really wanted to laugh. The corners of his lips were actually raised, but he didn’t realize it. The two people slaughtered their way into the fourth safe zone and prepared to crouch on the edge of the poison ring. They wanted to find a hidden position to hide in, and occasionally use their sniper rifles to observe what was happening from a distance.
 

Maybe it was because they had killed too many people along the way, but no one entered the circle from their direction. They crouched for two minutes before they came across their first prey—As luck would have it, it was Thunder! At that moment, Wen Xi’s eyes glowed. He immediately put away his sniper rifle and equipped his bow. At this time, the fourth poison ring had begun to shrink, almost chasing behind Thunder’s butt
 

Thunder was riding a little moped straight into the safety zone. He was completely unaware that two people were eyeing his head from hundreds of meters away. At the moment, the big screen was showing Thunder’s perspective. Both the casters and the audience were curious as to whether he could enter the circle safely.
 

“Thunder is in a bit of danger ah? But he should be able to hurry in!” Bunny Ji judged, “But will someone pit him from this location?”

 
“There is no one nearby,” A-Yi replied, “He’s riding a moped, and it’s not that easy to shoot at him from a long distance. He should be fine.”

 
When Thunder approached the safety zone, he didn’t choose to enter it head-on, but cleverly chose to enter while zigzagging. Otherwise, it would be a bit dangerous to get sniped in the face. Mo Chen’s 8x scope lost Thunder’s figure several times, and he was simply unable to find the opportunity to shoot. With Wen Xi’s bow, not to mention the distance, who knew where Thunder would have gone riding his little moped by the time the arrow fell.
 

However, the reason why Wen Xi could use the bow so well was that his perception of distance and his predictions of the enemy’s position were so accurate that they reached terrifying levels. As long as the target was moving forward at a constant speed, Wen Xi would clearly know when and where the other party would pass by, and then when and where he should shoot his arrow so that he could hit the person passing by at that position. With his sniper rifle, he had observed not only Thunder’s location, but also his route.

 
Therefore, when Wen Xi put away his sniper rifle and equipped his bow, he already had a complete shooting plan in his mind. In Mo Chen’s uncomprehending view, he turned and drew back his bow. After simply adjusting his position, he shot an arrow into the empty space, letting out a “shhppt.”
 

Could this fucking hit?

 
Mo Chen raised his eyebrows. Although he didn’t believe it would hit, he still looked through his own sniper rifle and followed the arrow shot out by Wen Xi. Then, he watched helplessly as a person riding a moped drove past when the arrow fell.
 

!!!

 
At that moment, Mo Chen almost reflexively moved the muzzle of the gun ahead of the figure a certain distance and fired decisively! Bang!

 
[System] You knocked down YEY-Thunder with a headshot with a sniper rifle!

 
[System] YEY-Thunder was killed by falling from a moped!

 
These two system prompts appeared on Mo Chen’s computer screen one after another. However, his entire person had gone dumb at that moment, and he completely did not know what had happened just now?
 

——At the moment when he saw Thunder, he completed the action of shifting the gun muzzle and shooting through pure muscle memory. Even after he had shot, he still hadn’t known what he had done?

 
Thunder, who had lost his helmet, was shot in the head by him and immediately fell from the moped. Falling from a high-speed moving vehicle would cause a loss of health, and so Thunder, who only had a sliver of health left, died on the spot. And, because he was killed not long after being headshotted by Mo Chen, the system counted the kill as Mo Chen’s. At this moment, Mo Chen was still aiming at the position where he had shot just now. Turning the camera slightly, he could see the arrow shot by Wen Xi.

 
The arrow was quietly embedded in the ground, and had obviously failed to hit Thunder. However, Mo Chen was able to headshot Thunder with one shot completely due to that arrow’s guidance. And that arrow did pass by Thunder, almost killing him.
 

At this moment, after seeing Thunder’s death, the casters and audience had all gone dumb, with expressions of “Who am I? Where am I? What happened?” on their faces.

 
——There were no enemies nearby, but he was sniped to death while riding a high-speed motor vehicle?!

 
Mo Chen couldn’t help laughing and said, “Darling, you are too fierce.”

Wen Xi replied, “….Give me my kill back, and I’ll still be your darling.”

0