95 – Global Championship 4
147 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the second day of the Global Championship, the most popular topic in the whole e-sports circle was either “the return of the number one sharpshooter god” or “the birth of the archer assassin.” People who were fans of strength never cared about nationality. After recognizing Momo as Mac from previous years, many foreign e-sports fans were so excited that hot tears filled their eyes, and they expressed their love and appreciation for Mo Chen online.

At the same time, Wen Xi also gained a batch of foreign fans. Some people admired his skills, while some people admired his courage for firmly standing against those who doubted him. Little did they know that he had only ever fought this hard once. In private, he was still a soft, adorable, and witty big cutie~
 

Then, there was another group of people, who keenly shipped Mo Chen and Wen Xi’s CP.

 
[The number one sharpshooter god and the archer assassin make a very good pair!]

 
[It can be seen that Momo likes Wency very much. There were many kills that he could have taken, but he gave them all to Wency.]

 
Someone said: [You guys are probably overthinking it?]

 
Soon he was slapped in the face: [Don’t you guys know that they’re already a couple?]

 
[!!!]

 
It was proved that people from different countries were equally interested in shipping CPs despite their cultural differences. However, if they thought that the solo matches could embody the essence of the MoXi CP, then they were wrong. On the third day of the duo competition, Mo Chen and Wen Xi’s cooperation let everyone know what “great things can be achieved if husbands work together” really meant!
 

When the two of them joined hands, there was not a single person they couldn’t kill or a kill they couldn’t take. They guarded each other all the way to the finals, and no one could do anything about them. The foreign teams really had too little experience dealing with weapons like bows. From not taking it seriously in the beginning, in the end they were like birds frightened by the sound of the bow-string, and they profoundly noted down what the “fear of being dominated by the bow” was like.

 
Therefore, although they had a lot of tactics and playing methods that weren’t available in China, they were completely unable to use them in full while Wen Xi was there, and they grew overcautious after playing against him. In addition, the rhythm of the new competition system was too fast, from the original one game per day over seven days to the current four games per day over two days. Before they could discuss how to deal with the bow, the duo competition was already over.

 
Mo Chen and Wen Xi were in first place, their points far higher than those of the other players. Compared with the solo competition, they had ascended to a new level. As for the other CLM team, because Jiang Xinyi didn’t understand the foreign teams as much, they didn’t play that well. Whether it was solo or duo, his results weren’t very ideal, pretty much barely advancing to the finals every time.

 
Therefore, during the squad competition, both Mo Chen and Wen Xi were keenly aware that Jiang Xinyi was a little bit insecure—His commands were no longer as crisp and straightforward as before. There was no other way, and Mo Chen could only take over as commander in the later stage of the first match, and then let Chen Wei replace Jiang Xinyi in the second match.

 
Chen Wei completely hadn’t expected that he would still have the chance to play in the squad competition in the Global Championship, and that he would even replace one of his teammates without them being sick or feeling unwell. Compared with Jiang Xinyi, although he didn’t have as brilliant a performance, he made fewer mistakes. And as a support, he really didn’t have to be brilliant. Liu Weizhe watched his performance in the game and was very happy for him. However, as CLM’s manager, he had to take care of everyone’s emotions.

 
Therefore, he didn’t express this emotion, but calmly patted the shoulder of Jiang Xinyi beside him and said, “The study materials were limited, and you went to the examination room without sufficient preparation, so isn’t it normal to fail the exam?”
 

This metaphor was too appropriate, and Jiang Xinyi instantly took it to heart and smiled helplessly. “I underestimated the strength of the foreign players.”

 
He thought it would just be the Domestic Trials lifted up to another grade, but the result was totally different. It was equivalent to getting the examination paper and discovering that, instead of the questions within the scope of the exam being more difficult, the scope of the exam itself had been directly expanded—Even the questions that he had guessed would be on the exam were completely wrong.

 

However, it was the Global Championship after all. Every player present was an elite selected from various countries. One couldn’t say that their strength was comparable to CLM ba, but at least they were at YEY and MQ’s level, and they weren’t that easy to deal with. In contrast,
the two people who were still able to play skillfully in the Global Championship were really two monsters!

 
“Captain and Wen Xi are too strong!” Jiang Xinyi couldn’t help sighing emotionally, “Chen Wei is also very strong.”

 
“Chen Wei has played in global competitions before, so he wins in experience and mentality,” Liu Weizhe responded, “In contrast, I think Kitty is really powerful.”

 
This was also the first time for Ling Shuyi to participate in the Global Championship, but his solo performance was still good. In their CLM, besides Mo Chen and Wen Xi, he was the highest ranked player, and had obtained 13th place.

 
One shouldn’t think that 13th place was really noob. It would be really noob to compare that against Mo Chen and Wen Xi, who after all, had taken first and second place.

 
However, CC had only taken ninth place, Fu Feijie was 54th place, Jiang Xinyi 78th, and Chen Wei 96th. 
 

With such a contrast, Ling Shuyi was just like a tiger now, and the eye of the tiger was powerful! It was impossible for him to enter the top three, but getting 13th place was still enough for him to brag for a whole year! In CLM’s squad competition, Mo Chen and Wen Xi took the lead, Chen Wei provided support, and Ling Shuyi played much better than normal—After two days of competing, they won first place! It was just that, compared with the solo and duo competitions, it had been a bit tricky for them to take first place in the squad competition, and the gap between them and second place wasn’t big.

 
YEY won fourth place, and they didn’t know if there was any possibility of rushing into the top three in the finals. In a word, the semi-finals of the Global Championship ended like this. In the combined China team, only Chen Wei was eliminated in the solo competition, and all the others successfully advanced!
 
Chen Wei touched his nose and giggled at Liu Weizhe, “Heh heh, I’m powerful ba?”

 
Liu Weizhe rolled his eyes. “….You still feel so distinguished?”

 
However, although Liu Weizhe spoke as if he was looking down on him, internally he was relieved—He didn’t care if Chen Wei could place in the Global Championship. It was good as long as Chen Wei was happy all the time.

 
*
 

They had a day off before the finals. They said it was a day off, but all the teams from the various countries still held meetings. After the meetings, they even carried out some additional training, mainly targeting Wen Xi’s bow, and actually didn’t put in much effort against Mo Chen. That was because they thought that the bow was a weapon that they could deal with after they grew familiar with it, but Mo Chen’s strength was completely out of the scope of their ability to deal with.

 
The game the year before last was like a nightmare for most of the teams who participated in it. They watched with their own eyes as Mo Chen killed and laid waste on his own like a hungry wolf, but they couldn’t do anything. They had felt extremely desperate at the time. They didn’t know what kind of abuse Mo Chen suffered after returning home. They only knew that after they returned home, they had nightmares for several nights, dreaming that they were curb stomped by Mo Chen repeatedly.

 
Therefore, in their eyes, Wen Xi was still a man, but Mo Chen was already no longer a man, but a god. He was just like a wall that you couldn’t climb over no matter how much you tried. But there was a serious problem—Wherever Wen Xi was, Mo Chen would be there as well. Whoever Wen Xi killed, Mo Chen would also kill. And towards whoever had the courage to attack Wen Xi, Mo Chen would dare to directly shoot whoever it was in the head.
 

This…how to deal with this?

 
All the teams were worried ah. All of a sudden, they felt that all the training they had done targeting Wen Xi had become meaningless, just as if they had had cooked a table of delicious food and then found that they had lost their sense of taste. But if they didn’t train ba, they would feel uneasy.
 

However, the training was also not that easy to do. After all, their target was the archer assassin. Where could they find someone who could use the bow so smoothly to practice against? If they could find someone like that, then they could just go ahead and directly let them play in the competition.

 
Therefore, on the day of the finals, Wen Xi, who had made full psychological preparations to deal with the tactics of any parties, entered the game and found that not many people rushed at him. Not only that, but he was also still hitting whatever he shot at. The only two who escaped his arrows were from his own family.

 
One was Ling Shuyi, and the other was Fu Feijie.

 
Ling Shuyi also gave up—It was whatever if you injured your teammates during a domestic game, but how were you still this “careless” in an international game?
 

Fortunately, he reacted quickly. Otherwise, he really would have been headshotted, and who knew how the domestic e-sports fans would curse them out. If the same thing happened in the domestic competition, everyone would react with [ha ha ha ha ha], but in the international competition, it was all [You motherfucker]. They didn’t know whether to praise the domestic fans for being patriotic or overdoing it.

 
However, they couldn’t blame Wen Xi. After all, because of the particularity of his weapon, he could attack many nearly invisible enemies, the kind that could only be discovered from the trace of a shadow and so on. When he shot at them with an arrow, who the hell would know whether it was his own people or a foreigner? Besides, this was a solo match anyway. When Fu Feijie heard the sound of “shhhpt,” he stepped back almost reflexively, and then watched an arrow embed itself in front of him. He was so scared that he broke out in a cold sweat.

He thanked his usual training that let him have muscle memory!
 

Only god knew how miserably they had been tormented by Wen Xi’s bow in the past year, and how long they had trained to dodge his arrows. This group of foreigners actually wanted to evade Wen Xi’s arrows and even kill him after a few days of training? It was completely an idiot’s daydream!

 
It was true that N number of players jumped to different places than Wen Xi from the beginning, but there were always some players who had puffed-up heads after training for a few days and rushed straight to Wen Xi, and then their deaths could only be called miserable. In the finals, in order to ensure that Mo Chen could get the championship he dreamed of, Wen Xi intentionally jumped to the same spot as him, and then almost escorted him the entire way.

 
However many kills Mo Chen let him take in the semi-finals, Wen Xi now returned them to him. Wen Xi knew exactly what he wanted. He wasn’t that interested in the championship. What he wanted to see was Mo Chen winning the championship. He knew that the current him had become very strong, strong enough to even compete with Mo Chen for the championship. He truly had always wanted to surpass Mo Chen and compete against him, but he had never thought of winning Mo Chen’s championship.
 

Not everyone valued the results so much, and they didn’t always value the same result. For example, among the five CLM players, Mo Chen really wanted to win the championship, and he felt that life without winning the championship was meaningless. Ling Shuyi was more enthusiastic about enjoying the competition itself, Chen Wei cared more about his teammates than the competition, and Jiang Xinyi wanted to become someone through the competition—Although everyone wanted to win the championship, they each pursued their own ideas.

Wen Xi was no exception.

 
“Promise me you’ll win the championship.” The night before the finals, Wen Xi said to Mo Chen, “You tricked me into the team and made me train so hard, all to get the Global Championship. You have to take responsibility—Even if you have to sacrifice me, you have to win the championship.”

 
“If I sacrifice you, then I really can’t win the championship,” Mo Chen replied somewhat helplessly, and then raised a hand to affectionately scratch Wen Xi’s nose. “Don’t worry, I definitely will take responsibility for you.”

Hearing this, Wen Xi’s face suddenly turned red. “Taking responsibility” was clearly mentioned by him first, so why did it become so ambiguous coming out of Mo Chen’s mouth.

0