96 – Global Championship 5
168 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The time interval between the semi-finals and the finals was so short that there wasn’t enough for the major teams to adjust their tactics. And even if they managed to adjust their tactics, they didn’t have enough time to train. Therefore, the results of the semi-finals basically indicated the final result of the finals. Indeed, whether it was the semi-finals or the finals, Mo Chen and Wen Xi’s solo and duo points were far beyond anyone else’s. And because Wen Xi intentionally let Mo Chen win the championship during the solo competition, Mo Chen took nearly double the number of his kills.

 
“I declare that the champion of the solo competition in the global finals is—China’s Momo from the CLM team!”

 
The host announced this result with a silver voice and deep feeling, but his heart was dripping blood. The competition system reform was first initiated by the United States of America. They thought that South Korea could be suppressed after the competition system reform, and in fact, they did suppress South Korea, but who could have thought that the Global Championship would have not only the number one sharpshooter god, but also an archer assassin? Then, the duo competition championship was also won by Mo Chen and Wen Xi, so the host already didn’t want to announce these results.

 
Blue Wolf and Ai Zhe cried out excitedly when they showed the score rankings of all the duo teams on the big screen

 
Ai Zhe exclaimed, “Champion!”

 
Blue Wolf cheered, “Awesome!”

 
The barrage also celebrated:

 
[Congratulations!]

 
[You guys deserve it!]

 
[AHHHHHHHH GOD KNOWS HOW LONG I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS DAY!]

 
[Get married! Get married right there!]
 

On the livestream screen, Mo Chen and Wen Xi stood side by side on the competition field to accept the host’s interview. The host, who had already been possessed by lemonade, just wanted to embarrass them, so his question had nothing to do with the competition. “Can we ask what the relationship between the two of you is?”

 
Mo Chen responded calmly, “Have a guess.”

 
The host said, “According to the Internet, you guys are already together. But as far as I know, same-sex marriage has not been legalized in China, has it?”

 
Mo Chen replied, “It’s none of your business.”

 
Wen Xi let out a “pfft” of laughter.

 
Everyone said that he had fought stubbornly, but Mo Chen was the one who truly could fight stubbornly. If the question had been asked to him instead, he would probably answer, “It doesn’t matter, we can go to other countries to get married,” while Mo Chen completely had the attitude of, “This is our private affair, and you can’t just casually ask about it.”
 

That was true though, since it really was their private business ah.

 
Therefore, Wen Xi took the microphone and said, “I’m starving.”

 
Mo Chen immediately reacted and blurted out, “Okay, let’s finish the interview and go get some food.”

 
“Hahahahaha, this love show…” Chen Xiao, who was waiting for the two people not too far away, was about to die of laughter.

 
“Hahaha, the host’s face has nearly frozen over!” Chen Wei watched the excitement and didn’t think it was a big deal.

 
They had clearly spoken to each other, but they had to use English to say it. It was obvious that they had done it on purpose.

 
——Wen Xi deliberately threw out the topic, Mo Chen deliberately replied like that, and they very naturally and forcefully ended the interview.

 
Jiang Xinyi had already seen through everything a long time ago. “These two are black-bellied, too bad…. But I like it!”

 
In this way, Mo Chen and Wen Xi dispensed with the interview and went to go eat with everyone. The squad competition over the last two days was really a bit difficult to play. Although CLM had won first place in the first two matches, there was a U.S. team chasing dead behind them.

 
In the third match, CLM failed to advance to the finals and get the ranking points, so their points dropped a little, and they were immediately overtaken by the American team. In the fourth match, CLM launched a counterattack, but they still couldn’t pull very far ahead from that team in terms of points. In the fifth match, CLM was overtaken again. Then, in the sixth match, CLM made the decision to replace Chen Wei and let Jiang Xinyi play instead.

 
As early as before the start of the Global Championship, Mo Chen had said to Jiang Xinyi—The domestic competitions are no problem, but we can’t do without you in the foreign competitions. Jiang Xinyi always kept this sentence in mind, so when he dragged his teammates down instead of helping them in the semi-finals, he was more frustrated than anyone else, and he felt that he had failed to live up to Mo Chen’s expectations for him.
 

Originally, he already had no courage to play again. However, after watching CLM’s points get repeatedly surpassed by the U.S. team, he wished that he could enter the game and carry the entire team flying—En, so he really started playing again.
 
One shouldn’t don’t doubt him, as it was he himself who offered to play. “Captain, change me in ba, I’ll direct.”

 
Mo Chen said the same thing as before, “Alright, if you have made the psychological preparations to bear the consequences.”

 
The last time he heard this, Jiang Xinyi had chosen to retreat, but this time, he responded to Mo Chen very firmly, “I am ready. I will let you guys win, and there is no possibility of losing!”

 
“Okay, then I’ll leave it to you.”

 
Mo Chen replied with no hesitation whatsoever, because he knew that although Jiang Xinyi looked arrogant, he never did anything unprepared. Indeed, Jiang Xinyi had not just been sitting in the rest area these past few days. He had been collecting intelligence on the other teams the entire time.

 
In the semi-finals, there were 30 teams, with 120 people from 15 different countries. More than half of the countries had their own unique tactics and playing methods. When Jiang Xinyi wasn’t familiar with these playing methods, he was really confused—Why were they going there? Why throw that at this time? Why did none of them play their cards normally?!

 
However, after so many games, and with only 80 members of 20 teams left in the finals, the scope of the assessment of Jiang Xinyi’s test paper had shrunk, and the problems and solutions had grown clearer and clearer. If he had been unprepared for an exam during the semi-finals, then the finals were like a chess game in the palm of his hand—That feeling of being the master of everything when playing back at home had finally come back!
 

Now, he was absolutely confident to say such words as “carry the whole team flying.”
 

Chen Wei looked at the figure of Jiang Xinyi going up to play, and after sitting next to Liu Weizhe, he couldn’t help but complain, “You straight-A students don’t even need to practice when you play the game, and you can just ‘watch’ and improve?”

 
Liu Weizhe glanced at him faintly. “He always originally fought based on online intelligence. When his intelligence is enriched, he fights more confidently, and his skills become more stable.”

 
“Oh, psychological effects.” Chen Wei sort of understood.

 
Liu Weizhe didn’t know whether to laugh or cry—Although there were some psychological factors, why did he want to beat up Chen Wei so much after listening to his summary?

 
After Jiang Xinyi came on the stage, it was really different from his feeling of being all tied up in the semi-finals. He played very decisively, with crisp and unexpected maneuvers. Under his leadership, the strength of the entire CLM team improved by leaps and bounds. He only used one game to pull CLM’s points away from the second place team’s. It was only then that the foreign team noticed that CLM still had such a number one player. However, there were only two matches left, so it was too late to think about a way to deal with him at this time.
 

In the end, after all eight squad matches, CLM took the champion’s seat under the leadership of Jiang Xinyi! Three championship titles!

After the reform to the competition system, they won three championship titles in the first season! As a result, at that moment, all the SGH e-sports fans in China had gone crazy with happiness. The #CLM won# topic was on the trending search list for several days in a row! The award ceremony was held the day after the competition.

 

The Chinese team won two medals and three trophies:

 
Championship medal for the solo competition—Mo Chen

 
Silver medal for the solo competition—Wen Xi

Championship trophy for the duo competition—Mo Chen & Wen Xi

 
Championship trophy for the squad competition—CLM.

 
Third place trophy for the squad competition—YEY.

 
Yes, YEY also rushed into the top three in the finals of the squad competition and won third place. The group of people were clustered in the spotlight, the medals on their necks and the trophies in their hands flashing in the light. They were clearly from three different teams, but at this time it was hard to tell them apart from where they were standing. Both YEY and MQ wanted to touch CLM’s championship trophy, and CLM wanted to touch YEY’s third place trophy. The scene became chaotic after that. In contrast, the other teams that had also ranked just had a few people standing there alone, who felt forgotten by the whole world.
 

The host was also confused by this group of Chinese players. “Huh? Aren’t you a YEY player? Why are you holding CLM’s trophy?”

 
Determinedly hugging the championship trophy and not letting go, Lightning blinked and asked for help, “What did he say? Who can help me reply?”

 
Thunder of the same team reluctantly replied to the host, “He’s just hugging it for now and will return it soon.”

 
Then, he turned to Chen Xiao and said, “I’m sorry, our team captain has never seen the world, which has caused you trouble.”

 
Chen Xiao laughed. “It’s alright, it’s alright, feel it at will. After all, no matter how long you feel it up, it’s still not yours.”

 
YEY’s players: “…”

 
Chen Wei and Ling Shuyi immediately laughed out loud—They can abuse the foreign teams, but they also can’t stop attacking their own teams!

 
Lightning said, “So it turns out your stinking rogue team’s coach is also a stinking rogue!”

 
Chen Xiao asked, “Otherwise, how can I be the coach of these stinking rogues?”
 

Lightning said, “…..I’m speechless?”

 
The person in charge of them was laughing so hard he was about to expire. After a great effort, he managed to stabilize his mood and took the initiative to answer some of the host’s questions.

 
The host asked, “It seems that the relationship between your Chinese teams is very good?”

 
The manager replied, “Of course. Friendship first, competition second.”

 
The host asked, “You have three teams, but there is only one champion. Won’t the other two teams be jealous?”

 
The manager replied, “I don’t think so. It may be a pity, but all Chinese people will be proud of it and strive to have a better performance in next year’s event!”

 
The host asked a few more questions, and the manager answered them with pride and grace. The host had wanted to find fault with them, but could not find any flaw that could be attacked, so he could only choose to give up. After the ceremony, the party returned to their American hotel. Some people wanted to go back to China for a rest, some wanted to take a few days off before returning, and some people wanted to travel in the United States for a while and then consider returning home.

 
However, all the proposals were defeated by Mo Chen’s one sentence, “I’ll go to register marriage with my darling, and you guys can do what you want.”

 
Chen Wei said, “Then…I’ll definitely stay for your wedding ah!”

 
Ling Shuyi exclaimed, “WTF, you guys are going to get married just like that?! Then I must stay and have a meal before I go ah!”

 
Jiang Xinyi asked, “How can such a big and happy event lack me?”

 
Chen Xiao said, “It’s decided. We’ll go back together after you finish the wedding ceremony.”

 
Liu Weizhe asked, “Do you need me to inform your parents to come to your wedding?”

 
Hearing this, Mo Chen looked at Wen Xi, and Wen Xi said with a smile, “Okay ah~”

 
His mother had already hinted that even if he was with a man, it didn’t matter, as long as he could be happy.
 

So, they should agree to come ba.

1