Mina Chapter 22: Trials
125 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"While there's nothing to do in the meantime let's just camp for some days," Mina laid on a ground cloth and casually suggested, 'Let's camp for a few days.'

"Miss Mina, I don't think that's how the trials are supposed to go," Reoul expressed, nervously scratching his cheek.

"Why so?" Mina inquired, rising to her feet and fixing her gaze on him.

"Because, as a cultivator, the objective is to advance and defeat monsters, Master," Reoul sighed, and Mina nodded.

"But wouldn't it be enjoyable to camp for a while?" Mina proposed.

"This is not the time to play," Reoul shook his head.

"Very well, let's move forward then. As cultivators, we don't really need much sleep," Mina declared, as she and Reoul efficiently packed up their temporary camp and moved forward.

After a while of walking and killing off various monsters, Mina's keen senses detected a nearby threat, prompting her to stop Reoul.

"There's a monster nearby," she cautioned, leading them to confront a creature with the head and body of a tiger but legs resembling a crocodile. "A Trugos," Reoul identified.

"Let's eliminate it!" Mina exclaimed enthusiastically. 

"Mina, that's a tier 12 beast. It's dangerous!" Reoul warned, anxiously eyeing her. In this world, beasts are ranked from 12 the weakest and 1 as the strongest. 

"Did you know I have a petrification skill? We can defeat it!" Mina reassured me confidently.

"I'll petrify it, and you finish it off," she instructed.

"Very well," Reoul agreed.

The Trugos suddenly heard some movements around the bushes so it stopped eating its meal and noticed two human- like beings jumping out of the bushes. One before him and the other behind. 

The Trugos growled as it got ready to fight. It struck its leg on the ground and hundreds of stone spikes appeared around them, there was no place for Mina and Reoul to escape.

The Trugos then climbed on one of the stone spikes, opened its mouth and spat out a stream of poison.

Mina dodged the poison attacks and stood upon the pointed edge of the stone spike. She formed her hands into a love sign and said, "Turn into stone."

Suddenly the creature quickly began to turn into stone. It stared at its body and the humans frantically as it slowly lost its body senses and turned into stone. Reoul quickly jumped towards the monster and stabbed it back, quickly slashing it into pieces. Once the monster was dead. The stone spikes returned back to the ground and the petrification wore off revealing the bloody body of the monster.

"Looks nasty, we mustn't eat that," Mina grimaced and shook her head, looking at the monster.

Tapping her bracelet, Mina produced two steaming hot buns and offered one to Reoul.

"You know as cultivators we don't need to eat much," Reoul said as Mina placed the bun in his hands. 

"Never say that!" Mina yelled as she got closer to him and stood on her toes hoping to reach his face height and she berated him, "Food is life and is the best source of nutrition than some pesky pills so eat up!" She huffed before sitting at a side and eating her bun. The former cute angry face disappeared and was replaced by a face full of pure joy and bliss by every bite she took.

'This bracelet wasn't from that dream I had. It was my master who gave it to me. Dreams sure are weird,' Mina thought as she stared at the bracelet in her hand. She remembered when she was little her master slipped this storage bracelet into her hand as a birthday present. 'I wonder what my master looks like,' She pondered as she could only remember a blurry image of him in her head as he carried her away from the place where her mother and sister were killed.

After eating Mina and Reoul began moving forward again. They walked for days and nights fighting monsters and eating and when they got tired they would sleep. After fifteen days Mina looked at her token and saw 15,000 points on it.

"The more I fight, the more memories resurface about who I used to be," Mina remarked, her tone tinged with a hint of coldness.

"Were you a bad person?" Reoul asked as they walked.

"I don't know," Mina admitted.

"I don't think you're a bad person. At least not to me," said with a smile even though his eyes were had to see due to his hair over them.

"If you say so," Mina said bluntly as her cold eyes looked at him causing him to shiver a bit. 

Suddenly an energy arrow whisked through the air and Mina immediately pulled Reoul saving his heart from the arrow but it managed to graze his arms. 

"Who's there?" Mina questioned as she eyed her surroundings. 

"You bitch! Because of you I was like this!!" A slim man yelled as he walked out from the bushes and held two swords in his hands. He looked haggard and had chains on his feet. He glared at Mina hatefully as though looking at a long time enemy. 

"Ehh have we met before?" Mina asked as she didn't remember him. 

"How dare you forget after what you did!!" The man yelled angrily. 

"You murdered my entire Dong family. I'll make you pay!!" He yelled as he rushed towards her. Slashing his sword which caused all the trees around to be cut into pieces but Mina dodged easily. 

"I murdered your family?" Mina blurted out as she began to think. "Ohh I did. I remember now," She said with a grin as she looked at the haggard man.  

"But they deserved it anyway," she shrugged and the man bit his lips and glared at her. 

"You!!!" He seethed. 

"Child trafficking, Child sexual exploitation, auctioning children, that's some pretty horrible stuff you know?" Mina listed as she walked around him, her eyes cold. 

"And why is that your problem?" He asked with a crazed smile. "That kind of business made good money. But you just had to ruin it all!! I was living the life of luxury but I had to resort to assassin work because of you," he yelled as he slashed at her with his sword. But created strings through her nails which blocked his sword attack. 

"How did you recognize me though?" She asked curiously. 

 "That voice of yours and scent I would recognize it anywhere!!" He yelled angrily. 

"I'll kill you Black Joker!! I'll never forget the night my whole house was covered in blood," The man gritted his teeth and an energy condensed round his finger. He swiped his finger creating multiple arcs of fire which lounged at Mina, but she dodged it once again and picked up Reoul getting him out of the way. 

"You guys had it coming though. You ruined the lives of alot of children. And I despise people who use children and innocent men and women in such vulgar businesses," Mina said coldly as her eyes caused the man to shiver in fear. 

'My memories are coming back slowly. So hmm how did I used to fight?' Mina wondered and her head began to ache again before showing an image of a red scythe came into her mind. 

"Ah yes Kagura," Mina called out as she dug her hand into her chest till blood came out. She then quickly pulled out a scythe from her chest and her wound immediately healed. 

"I knew it, you!!" The man said with a grin but he was visibly trembling. 

"Mouths of worms are so annoying," Mina commented as she covered the distance between her and the man in an instant and swung her scythe at him. However the man parried her attack with his sword as he suffered to keep her at bay. 

"I killed people huh? Alot too," Mina muttered before she clenched her head in pain. Bloody scenes appeared in her head as she stood in the midst of dead bodies that had faces of agony. And Mina who stood there smiled happily. 

"Binding!" The man conjured up black rope, which was created from shadows that wrapped around Mina. 

"Ohh," Mina blurted out in surprise. 

"Now die you whore!" The man yelled as he stabbed her.  

"Mina!" Reoul yelled as he was about to dash towards her. 

"Reoul stay back," Mina warned as she watched the man stab her. 

"Die, die, die!" The man said maniacally as he stabbed her multiple times. 

"Stabbing a lady is rude, you know?" Mina said as she coldly looked at him causing him to jump back in fear. 

"What the hell, why aren't you dying? You're a demon? No my sword is made to even injure demons!" The man panicked as he watched his binding turn into stone and be smashed into pieces by Mina's palms. The wounds on Mina's body quickly healed. And her body appeared as though it was never stabbed. 

"I, a Middle Star Realm Stage Five, refuse to lose to a mere woman!" The man yelled as he charged towards Mina once again.

"Shut up already. Your voice is so annoying," Mina grumbled as she swung her scythe. In less than a minute, the man's body lay in pieces, his blood staining the ground. "Scum like you have no right to lecture me," she said coldly.

'She easily killed him,' Reoul thought, nervously watching her. A single attack from the man had significantly slowed down his self-regeneration, but Mina seemed unaffected.

"Reoul, are you okay?" Mina asked, concern in her voice as she rushed towards him. Seeing the blood flow from his wound, she bit her lip.

"Yes, I'm fine," Reoul reassured her, though his expression suggested otherwise.

"He hurt you deeply, though," Mina observed.

"Don't worry, it'll heal," Reoul insisted.

"But it's not healing!" Mina blurted out.

"Don't worry so much; I'll be fine," Reoul said, attempting to calm her.

'Her energy is docile again. When she was fighting that man, her energy was chaotic and suffocating,' Reoul thought as he looked into Mina's eyes.

"Then drink some of my blood," Mina said, stretching her hand towards him.

"Huh, what?!" Reoul exclaimed, backing away from Mina.

Mina approached him with a serious expression, "I heard vampires heal faster when they drink blood, so drink mine!"

"But..." Reoul began.

Mina placed her hand on her chest, "I can heal, so drink as much as you want!" she urged.

"Okay, but it wouldn't be good if I drink from your hands. Can I drink from your neck?" Reoul asked shyly, covering his face with his hand.

"Sure, but first, let's leave this area. I don't want to smell the blood of that man's body," Mina said, frowning at the distant dead body.

After distancing themselves from the gruesome sight, Mina sat down on a large cloth she placed on the ground. She pulled down her dress slightly to reveal her neck.

"Here, drink," Mina instructed, pointing to her neck.

Reoul looked at her with a flushed face, his red eyes glowing. He got down on his knees, hugged her from behind, and licked her neck. His warm breath caused Mina to shiver. Gently sinking his teeth into her delicate skin, he slowly sucked her blood.

'So sweet!' he thought, finding her blood intoxicating. 'Why does it taste like this?' he wondered, unable to resist the captivating flavor.

"Reoul, are you done?" Mina asked, trying to steady her breath.

"Ah, yes!" Reoul said, releasing her and turning away to hide his reddened face. Licking his lips, he couldn't help but bite himself to control his emotions.

"Once I'm done using the portable bathroom, you can use it too, so keep watch for me," Mina said as a tall tent appeared before her, and the doors closed. Reoul sat outside, keeping watch.

'Her blood was so delicious. I want another bite,' Reoul thought, his eyes glowing. Suddenly, he remembered her beautiful, delicate brown skin and her lovely collarbone. "She smelled nice," he blurted out. "Reoul, get yourself together. If those three guys find out, they'll surely murder you!" he scolded himself, slapping his cheeks.

"But I think I understand why they like her so much."

"Ah yes, baths are so refreshing. I have a very wonderful master to give me a lovely portable bathroom!" Mina beamed as she washed herself in a large hot tub with bubble soap.

2