Volume I: The Fall – Chapter 20
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What I want is you... In the back of the shop, with me~" She naturally pointed in Valentine's direction.

Vera and Fayette furrowed their brows while Valentine simply kept staring at the demoness...

'What's the catch?' Could it be that all the demonesses are sluts? He doesn't believe it.

"Sandora, get back to work!" A cold voice resounded from inside the shop and the demoness made a dejected expression.

"Think about it~ But if you leave this shop without paying, I will have to call the authorities." She turned around and walked off, not before wiggling her but at his direction once, as if trying to hasten his decision!

"There is no way you're doing that! Let's just run!" Fayette stood up and grasped his arm.

What is she going to do? fuck her man in the back of this shop?! FUCK HER!

She knew her Valentine was a piece of treasure but for it to be this bad... Even when covered in dirt and mud there is still a hot demoness that's shamelessly trying to get in his pants!

"Calm down, Faye... If we get in trouble here, who knows what those 'authorities' will do, that damned vagrant bastard, if I see him..." He growled in anger but his rant didn't calm Fayette in the slightest!

"Are you saying that you're willing to do it!?"

"Maybe if the two of us stay here, you can get to the exchange place?" Vera suggested, the idea of Valentine going to the back with that slutty demoness, not to her liking in the slightest, but she didn't dare show her discomfort in front of Fayette.

"She said the three of us have to stay but only if we go through with her demands will she let one of us go? That means this is not internal politics of the shop, instead, it's her own unreasonable demand..." That's what he guessed.

His guess is that she's lying, maybe there is indeed a way to pay with souls when he was about to go to the counter to ask, he was about to go and ask the demon from just now that yelled at her another thing occurred when suddenly silence permeated through the whole place.

The humans shut their mouths straight away and lowered their heads and the demons started to gossip!

Fayette turned around towards the source of the commotion and there she was.

That big demoness from before!?

*THUD!*

The Demoness walked with a grin on her face, her skin was tanned and dark... Her muscles slightly toned and she even had six-packs in her abdomen, enough to show that she's ripped but not enough to take away her femininity, her clothes had changed, she no longer wore that heavy armour from before, instead she seemed to have some casual clothes that Fayette resembled were from the two thousand's.

She's a bombshell of a demoness.

Blue Jean Shorts that barely hide her big butt, some kind of black bikini bra that kept her big breasts in place and a white jacket.

She had silver and short hair and several red lines like tattoos spread across her body.

Fayette stared at the approaching demoness and stared at her dirty self... 'I need a shower, now...'

Vera's mind was a carbon copy of hers.

Valentine was too worried about this demoness' overbearing presence to even pay attention to her ravishing self.

Two times they had seen each other, coincidence? Or was this city simply that small? There's also the chance this cafe is famous.

Those thoughts disappeared when the silver-haired demoness that was now by herself, sat on the chair where the demon waitress and the vagrant had been before.

Crossed her arms underneath her proud chest unashamedly and then crossed her long legs, smiling at them!

"..." (Valentine)

"..." (Fayette)

"..." (Vera)

'Why are you sitting with us!?' The same thought ran through their minds!

"The three of you really look like shit~"

"...!!" Fayette bit her lips but didn't say anything, 'I don't need you to remind me!'

"Can we help you with anything?" Valentine spoke politely, they're in hell, he doesn't know why this place has a rule of no violence, that's ridiculous considering this place is hell, but there must be a reason, be it as it may he was thankful, who knows how anyone would react by just being addressed by a human.

"... You got the attention of some troublesome individual, Valentine Wagner, let's say that your effort has gained you an advantage over everyone that steps out of that forest." The woman smirked and waved her hand, calling the waitress from earlier who upon seeing her, paled.

"What do you want madam...?" The demoness stuttered not even bothering to give them a glance this time, instead, she looked frightened!

They didn't blame her, but vindication was visible in Fayette's gaze!

"I'm going to pay for their bill, how much is it?~"

"... It's ten amethyst coins, madame." The demoness said!

!!!

"BITCH!" that insult came from Vera's deepest corner of her heart!

'Fucking hell, she planned to scam us 490 coins!?' Valentine was about to spit blood, had this demoness not come, they would have been cleaned here!

Even he couldn't have expected it to be this bad!

The silver-haired demoness nodded, "Bring me three cans of water, here you go..." She gave the demoness three amethyst coins...

The demoness stared at it with gritted teeth and left.

!!!

'What kind of anarchy is this!?' Fayette's eyes opened like saucers, is there any righteousness in this world!?

"Why are you helping us?" Valentine restrained his surprise and dread... If the world they now live in is going to be like this? Who do you trust!?

"As I said, you gained some individual's attention, that blue flaming fellow from before..." The demoness spoke nonchalantly, her eyes fixed on Valentine.

They knew she's talking about that demon who 'sorted' them out before.

"What is his name?" He inquired, wanting to know the name of the 'demon' he owed.

"You're not qualified to know~ As a matter of fact, you might never regard him again, so you don't need to worry about such trivial matters."

"What about your name?" Fayette asked next, unashamedly glancing at the demoness' big boobs, and making sure Valentine wasn't.

"You can call me Lucretia... Lucretia Descartes… see, I don't have much time so, here is how it goes... You will ask me four questions, and I will answer you honestly, if it's something I can't answer, I just won't answer instead of lying... The other thing is... I'll exchange you four of those cores you have in there for a fair price. That's as much as I will help you, the rest of your eternity in here, depends on you~" Lucretia answered and hunched back on her seat, taking the bottles of water from the aggrieved demon waitress who just departed after that, never to come back again to their table.

The trio stared at one another, this is something very important...

They decided to leave the surprise as to how she knows what they have in their bags for now.

"What should we ask? it's just four chances?" Vera started so far any questions they asked to bystanders might as well be straight lies or made-up stuff...

"Transportation? Lodging?" Fayette followed.

"No, those are things we can sort out as we explore this place... What we need to know, is the circumstances of this city and this world..."

"I don't have all day... There are some humans I have to torture." The demoness irritated voice resounded as she moved her leg bag and forth.

*GULP!*

They gulped harshly, just like all the other humans who heard her.

"Can you tell me the rules of this world's cities?" He asked, totally aware of the long answer.

"Oh? You're a clever one, but this one will count for two answers, you okay with that?" She smirked and he nodded in affirmation.

"Okay... First of all, Every city has different rules... They're decided by the Demon Count/Countess or Demon Marquess/Marquise that rules that city... Not all of them are antiviolence like this one, in fact there aren't more than three such cities in this circle, that has hundreds of cities and what city you are deployed to is determined according to your original 'score' and managed by 'him' the blue flames fellow~"

"Score?" He asked with lifted eyebrows and she approached his face with a seductive gaze.

"Taking one year to complete it brought you here, only those that complete it in less than ten years, from the circle of wrath with the sin of anger, manage to come to these cities at first, do you know what that means?~" She whispered in his ears lewdly, as if her lewd innuendo came totally unwarranted.

Fayette wanted to get upset, but she couldn't the moment she heard the demoness' words.

'Does that mean that everyone in this city knows our score!?' Her gaze moved to the side.

Humans didn't pay attention to them, but demons...

Now she understood why that demoness was so adamant about getting Valentine!

"As for this city. Name's Mahogany Devilish Central... Rules... As you know, no violence in a perimeter of a kilometre around the city, or at least, that's what they say~ amethyst coin is the local asset and the exchange rate is fifty-per-soul average... the Demon Marquess in charge is Warcroft Galtrose... this city has ill relations with Black Celery City and Curse Mermaid Coast and another dozens of pro-violence cities, a neutral relationship with all the others and... are you listening?" The demoness' voice sounded pissed at the end!

"Y-Yes we are, continue!" Fayette who was slightly dizzy at all the new terms she didn't know, encouraged the demoness to continue!

"Anyway, that's about it, I don't think you need to know any more about this city... You have two questions left, it should be one since I answered you about the score, but I will be lenient with you lot for now~"

"..."

3