Chapter 21: Soul made of flames
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 21: Soul made of flames

In a forest near Naive city, a man could be seen on a tall tree branch, looking at the city in front of him using a retractable telescope.

“The fire started spreading again, is she dead?” light said.

‘No that can’t be right, monsters like her shouldn’t die that easily’ he thought.

The man redirected his sight to a naked young woman covered in ash, lying on the ground seemingly not moving.

‘She’s not moving.’

As Light waited, he suddenly felt dread and danger out of nowhere.

‘This feeling, this feeling must’ve come from my heart consciousness.

“I better report this to the church, this feeling can’t be fake,” he said, taking out a cross and kneeled on the ground, clasping his hands with the cross.

Meanwhile, while Light is praying, a little creature is struggling inside his bag.

‘Where’s Alex, why did she let me be kidnapped like this.’

The little creature, turned out to be Gray that’s tied up.

‘What is this rope; i can’t use telekinesis, system, Appraisal.’

[Evil sealing rope, a low level sealing equipment that’s hard as diamond, created to seal a creature’s power that’s  below stage 3]

‘So it can suppress anyone below an Adept, i hope Alex is not tied up like me.’

Grey tried to wiggle out of the rope but the rope tightened itself to fit the wearer.

‘My stomach, it’s tightening too much, system help.’

[Suggestion: seek help from the nearest person]

‘You’re not helping, please give me actual good suggestions.’

[Alternate suggestion: level up passive skill flexible and passive skill soft body]

‘Level it up, both to max level.’

[Warning: using 2048 EXP to level up flexible and soft body to level 10]

‘Yes, do it.’

///

‘I’m naked; i need good clothes in the future.’

Waking up in a pile of ashes, i stood up and looked at the now empty pile of land with only ashes left.

‘Vanny, what did she do to me?’

The sharp pain that went for my soul was dealt for the time being, but, there was something else in my body that i didn’t notice.

‘this black ball floating in my heart, every time i try to use my soul fire on it, it made my body uncontrollable, it feels like my body in its panic is taking control.’

Like someone in having a panic attack.

With this restriction on my body, i can’t circulate any soul power or any type of power that needs the power of the soul on my body, unless i want my body to become uncontrollable.

“This feels uncomfortable.”

I took my first step after waking up and i immediately noticed the difficulty to move as when i want to take a step, my feet immediately sprained as my right feet twisted it to the right without me telling it to.

Even a simple action as walking is making that black ball to react, if i use telekinesis i don’t what would happen.

‘For now i should recover my strength after that force wreaked havoc in my head.’

The ashes around me started to disappear and fade away with the use my new power.

‘The philosopher stone made my soul into a distortion in the shape of a flame, but it’s not a distortion, it is a flame but it’s seemingly almost invisible or completely invisible in small sizes.’

Part of ashes and the stone ground disappeared slowly, looking like they faded away as they are burned by my soul flame.

The abilities of the philosopher stone is still retained as one of the powers of my soul flames, which means i still have the power of turning objects into energy.

“But the philosopher is still gone, i wonder if its true power is not converting everything into Omnia, but, instead its true power is to be able to grant one’s wish.”

‘Or maybe I’m imagining things.’

As the flames turned the surroundings into energy, the flames used the energy it produced to make more flames, resulting in my soul fire continuing to spread and expand until a huge hole appeared at my feet.

‘I think this enough for now.’

Stopping the fire and recalling the flames, i took back the flames with the size of ten times the amount that originally exited my body to renter my body.

‘This feels good; i can feel myself getting stronger already.’

“Huh.”

Suddenly a sharp noise of wind is heard behind, so i tried to dodge it by jumping to my right but, it still grazed me and created a sharp cut on my left shoulder.

‘why didn’t i notice this person behind me, this place is literally empty without any walls or object between us’ i thought as i saw a droplets of water running past me.

Looking at the person behind me, i saw a man with a crazed look, pointing a small hand wand at me, while standing at the edge of the hole.

‘It’s Aqua’s teacher, i thought he ran away.’

Anger filled my mind at the thought of how he destroyed the whole town just to try kill for no reason.

“Are you feeling sluggish?  Is your body is not listening to you?” he said, his crazed look starting to disappear.

“Uncle what are you talking about?” i asked, holding my left shoulder, that’s healing with the help of my soul flames, resulting in my shoulder healing in seconds.

He looked surprised as i removed my hand from my already healed shoulder, as his hand that’s holding his wand trembled.

“you’re really are a monster, a wound created from holy water can be healed in mere seconds, but it’s still futile, a monster like you is destined to die, hahahahaha!!” he laugh like no tomorrow as he started to cast another spell on me.

‘Not good, with my body’s reaction speed like this, i can’t evade his attacks, i hope my flames can deal with this.’

“I, Light of the White family, by the order of the lord, purge you from this earth,” he said in a calm tone.

A white light started to emit from his wand that made me react accordingly

“Your wand will now disappear.”

In conjunction with my words, the wand on Light’s wand slowly faded away from the tip until it reached the handle.

“Is this the evil power that made the city fire disappear?” he said, throwing away his wand, his face showing discomfort.

“Didn’t you see me use it to create this big hole?”

“What? I didn’t,” He said, looking confused.

“Look around you, are you even aware of your surroundings, you’re not thinking straight right now, and you need to calm down.”

“Enough, you words nor will your body Tempt me!” he said, throwing his backpack that’s on his back.

The backpack landed in front of me with the sound of glass clashing and breaking.

‘What is this?’

Coating my body in flames as a precaution, i kicked the bag open, to see a deformed creature squeezed by a rope fell out.

“Grey?”

“Alex help me, I’m stuck.”

The deformed mass of meat jiggled as it spoke.

“Why is it not exploding?!” Light said, looking distressed.

“You mean that weird water in these bottles? I drank them all” he said with a bit of water coming out of his mouth.

“You! How dare you drink water blessed by the lord himself?”

“It tasted terrible honestly, it tasted very bitter.”

“Grey, can you check his condition” i asked grey while climbing out of the hole towards Light while carrying the backpack on shoulder.

“Hmm...He’s a level 33 adept mage, 35 year old male, his current status is cursed.”

“Is this Vanny’s doing?”

“What do you mean cursed, explain!” Light said.

“You are doing it out of your own will, but, you’re cursed with the curse, absolute Judge, the makes it that the first thought that formed in your mind will be absolute.”

“So the first thought when you saw me is a monster?””

“That’s right; i really thought of you as a monster, after all, this city was destroyed by an army of monsters in human skin.”

“Enough of this, Alex, knock him out, he called for help before he came here, we should go away as quickly as possible.”

“Fine, now if you excuse me” i said, coming closer to Light.

“Arrogant, The power of god can’t be denied!” he shouted as he rushed towards me, fist in the air.

‘his fist are glowing, can he use wandless magic, but, he’s a mage, his mana is too wild to use wandless magic, only a wizard with calm and tamed mana could use wandless magic.’

His body moved surprisingly fast as he punched at my chest where my heart is located.

‘If my flames can turn objects into energy and absorb energy, then my flames can also release energy and make objects using energy.’

“Ash, appear.”

I created ashes on light and covered my chest with a barrier made out of kinetic energy.

“Argh, my eyes.”

After landing a punch on my chest, Light was repelled and got thrown away.

“Please sleep uncle.”

On the ground where Light is, the ashes on his body started to move towards his head.

“What’s hap-

As the ashes covered Lights head, his voice could no longer be heard and soon not long after, he stopped moving.

‘I never thought when my flames turn into objects i can still control them.’

“He’s unconscious” i said, looking at Light’s unconscious body.

“So um, can you untie me now” Grey said, struggling to move his jiggly body on my shoulder.

“Oh right.”

Putting the backpack down, i picked up Grey’s body and felt his soft and jiggly body on my hands.

“You’ve gotten quite fat; don’t move while i take these ropes off.”

In response, Grey can only grumble in silence.

‘Huh, this rope is quite tough, even my soul flames can’t burn it, is this same rope that Light used to tie me up.’

“It looks like i need to bite it.”

“Bite?”

Grey looked surprised as he saw my approaching mouth that’s baring its teeth.

“Don’t eat me!” Grey said in a desperate voice as he squirted water at me.

The stream of water that probably came out of somewhere deeper stomach.

‘Gross, i better wash my mouth when i have the first chance’ i thought, as i spit out the impure water from my mouth vigorously.

“Are you scared of my mouth? Haha, don’t be afraid, the first time i tried to eat you was just me pranking you.”

“But it’s still scary.”

“I won’t eat you, you’re important my friend after all.”

“Ok, i believe you,” he said, he body calming down.

After biting the rope on grey’s body off using my mouth, i stole Light’s clothes except his underwear and set off to the south to meet Red and Emily.

‘I wonder if Vio escaped from the vampires after the city is attacked,’ I thought. Feeling a bit bad after leaving him at the bar without any explanation.

‘Maybe we will meet again, he’s heading to the south too if I’m not mistaken.’

“Well it’s time to go.”

After turning myself back to human form, i picked up the vomiting creature at my leg and set off with almost nothing to my name.

 

 

1