Chapter 4: Sect Master
487 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Sect Master

"Alex, are you there?"

I thought it was Vio but it was the sect master.

"Greetings sect master, what brings you here" i said, opening the door.

The sect master looks older than old, his white hair and beard is almost touching the ground.

"I'm here just to see how well you're doing, i also brought some tea."

"By the way sect master, can i have a better cultivation manual"

"I see you're already at the sixth level of qi condensation why do you need a better cultivation manual."

"I feel that my body can take in more energy from the air but the method you gave me is limiting me."

"No it's not."

"Why is that?"

"Cultivating isn't just about speed, you need to also think about it's quality."

“Is my cultivation speed too fast then?"

"Yes, a man can only go so fast before he trips and falls."

"But i'm not normal."

"Be patient Alex, faster is not always better."

"Just come in first, i want the tea that you brought," i said taking of sandals and going to the living room.

"Of yes of course, i even brought the cups and biscuits," he said, going inside my room.

///

The tea and biskets that the sect master brought was very good, he even gave me the cups and some tea leaves.

After we are done eating and drinking, he left and gave me another spirit bag that's filled with soap and shampoo.

When i saw those i was confused but when i took sniffed my body it’s stinky.

How the sect master can tolerate that smell with a cultivator’s sense is beyond me.

I found out that cultivator’s senses are better because my senses are improving.

"Hello? Miss Alex."

I heard Vio outside, knocking the door.

"Vio do you know a secret river or lake."

"Of course, i actually know a secluded lake that has effects to get rid of the even most horrible of smells."

"I don't think a lake like that will be secret."

"You're right, but it's private."

"Don't go thinking that I’m a huge cash cow now."

"Of course not but your assets is very plentiful."

Somehow i felt that's not referring to money.

"Who is the owner of the river?"

"It's my brother's training ground."

"To have his own training ground, is he a core disciple?"

"Of course he is, he's the third strongest genius of the sect," he said, flashing a prideful smile.

"You're very proud of your brother."

"Of course."

"Just take me there, I’m feeling dirty."

///

The river is at the foot of the mountain with and has a waterfall coming from the mountain.

"I feel like this place is too open."

"There's a cave inside the waterfall, you can take bath there."

"Thanks."

I entered the cave and took a bath.

The water feels fresh but it's too cold.

After the bath i felt cleaner than a newborn baby.

I wore the second set of inner disciple robes, as i have three sets and was ready to go out but i heard someone besides Vio.

"Vio did you invite someone here."

"Brother you're here early."

"You know i don't like visitors."

"Sorry i have intruded on your place" i said, coming out of the cave.

"Well look at this Vio, i thought it was hopeless but you proved me wrong."

The man is very tall and has white skin with black spiky hair. 

"Brother she's just a-"

"Friend, we’re just friends."

“Ohh...you’re the new genius that the sect master brought.”

“The name’s Alex Magister.”

“Nice to meet you, the name’s Dio Kenhart.”

“Come on Alex let’s get out of here,” Vio said, grabbing my arm.

“Have fun you two.”

///

 “Do you want to eat?”

“I guess... I’m not hungry though.”

“You should still eat, we qi condensation cultivators still can’t abstain from food or our cultivation will slow down.”

“Where do you think we should eat then, the dining hall?”

“No that place is too crowded, I’m friends with chefs so I’ll ask them to pack some food for us.”

“Big brother! Big brother!”

Someone shouting could be heard behind us; i turned around to see a child around 12 years old passing.

“Peter what’s the hurry,” he said, pulling his hand out of the boys grasp.

“The annual sect competition is announced to begin next week.”

“I already know so stop clinging to me.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because you don’t need to know, you can’t win in it anyway.”

“You’re wrong, i can.”

The air started to become heavy after he said that.

“T...te-tenth level, how?”

“That’s because I’m a genius.”

“Don’t joke around did you take some kind of shady medicine from an old person impersonating as an expert.”

“Of course not.”

“Why did you do to reach this level?”

“It’s because my hidden talent is showing itself.”

‘[magic sense], [sense vitae]’

‘all i can find out about his body is that all the energy in his body is made into his own qi abnormally fast, and that his body must have received a huge amount of energy, he must have been lucky.’

 “Big brother who is she?”

“She’s Alex...a friend of mine.”

“Oh, okay.” peter said, approaching me

“You’re nice, usually someone with a higher cultivation level than big brother usually looks down on him.”

“Wait, what do you mean?”

“You didn’t know? She’s at the sixth level of qi condensation, two levels above you.”

“What!?”

“Is that fast?”

“That’s very fast! It took me 4 years to reach my cultivation method.”

“The boy is younger than you and his level is higher than yours.”

“The two of you are monsters.”

 “Don’t worry brother; all i did to reach this level is absorbing a big spirit stone.”

“How big is it?”

“What’s a spirit stone?”

“It’s a stone that stores spirit qi, it’s usually rare for us low level disciple.”

“How big is the stone, did you use it all up?”

“It’s about as big as my head, and i used it all up yesterday.”

“Where did you find the stone, we might find more if we search around.”

“It was just inside a cave, north from here; i found it when i was looking for some fruits in the jungle.”

“The two of us should go there little Pete, we could find more.”

“I’m coming with you.”

“You’re already rich why would you care.”

“I’m curious about this cave, who knows if we find something else in there.”

“It’s good that big sister is joining.”

“Fine, but don’t be unreasonable, let’s prepare and meet up at the gates tomorrow.”

“Sounds good, see you tomorrow,” i said, preparing to see the sect master to ask about spirit stones.

///

When i was in front of the gate to the higher section of the mountain i was denied entry and that i have to wait for the person i want to see to come out.

‘I should just send a magic mail but, if i can, i won't use it.’

“No need to call me.”

“Sect master, where did you come from?”

“Here,” he said, giving me a bag and flew away.

When i looked at the gates, the guarding disciple looked shocked.

“I should go home.”

“Forgive us, young mistress” the two guards said, bowing their heads.

“Ok.”

After that i went home to investigate if these spirit stones can help me cultivate faster and safer.

12