Chapter 5: A Giant Danger
427 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: A Giant Danger

Spirit stones are awesome.

It made my cultivation very fast; i went from sixth stage to eight stage qi condensation in a day.

Of course it didn't increase my level as much six levels but that’s because it's harder to increase when my level is higher.

The bag in total has 20 spirit stones, two small books.

The two small books teaches two simple battle technique called qi impact, and qi blast for both short and long range,

///

Tomorrow morning i attended a public lecture for us newbie cultivators.

I learned about spirit sense, a 360 degree sight that go through normal walls like [Magic sense].

Spirit qi i found out is the qi of the world it is everywhere, after qi condensation and we enter foundation establishment, we will start to use spirit qi instead of normal qi and after we formed our cores we will rely completely and create our own spirit qi, a start of the fusion of mind, body and the world.

The elder who taught also taught me how to hide my breath and qi.

The sect is fairly peaceful as the rules of the sect is very strict but it'll be different when i go outside the sect.

So I’ll be covering my whole body, just in case if there's anyone harboring bad intentions.

Then i met with Vio and Peter, Alex already brought food, water, outdoor gear, and some medicine.

So we set off at noon to the north, the cave was inside a forest and the hole was very well hidden behind a rock beside a small lake.

My spirit sense can't find this entrance at all.

Going inside the hole, we can only see darkness.

"It’s dark here," Vio said, taking out a bright glowing stone called a light stone.

"Let's go inside, i found the spirit stone inside."

On the other side of the door is a large chamber with stone pedestal at the center.

"It was on top of that pedestal that i found the spirit stone."

Vio immediately searched near it.

"What was the shape of the spirit stone you found," i asked peter.

"It was rectangle."

"Was there any carvings on it"

"I don't know."

"Do you still have the stone?"

"Yeah, here," he said, pulling a stone tablet from his spirit bag.

"Who's there?!" Vio said to behind us.

"Don't worry, I'm not an enemy," a man said opening the door revealing a robed young man.

"Then what are you? A stalker," i said.

"No i came here to see young Alex."

"Why do you want from me?"

"It's to inform you that master Arthur was kidnaped by the vampires."

My heart felt like it skipped a beat, i rushed towards the robed man.

"When, where did they take him?"

"They said they will execute him in their capital for kidnapping their god's child."

"Can you take me there?"

"No, as I’m only a messenger for the magic council and you need to hide as the vampires are coming for you next."

*rumble* the cave shook, causing Vio and Peter to fall.

I immediately tried to use [magic sense] but couldn't as the walls are preventing me.

"Hercules...he must have followed me," The robed man said.

Hercules prince of the giant race.

"[Magic avatar]"

I conjured the upper half of a bigger version of me behind my back, and reached for Vio and Peter with my avatar's arm

"What's going on?"

"We're attacked by a someone powerful; I’m going to keep you safe in my pocket dimension."

"Wait spirit bags can't hold living beings."

"I'm not using a spirit bag, don't worry"

///

A figure could be seen flying to the north.

"A giant is attacking the ground, what is he doing and how did he even get here without me noticing?"

"Get out, mage!" The giant said, stomping the ground.

"Stop giant, you shall not cause trouble here."

"Sorry, but you're wrong," a person cloaked in shadows suddenly appeared behind the sect master.

The Sect master immediately responds with a sword slash, but the sword went through the person.

"[Space bind]"

The space around suddenly started to twist.

"Swift Rending Gale."

Numerous sword slashes appeared and made an expanding sphere of slashes.

"Not bad, you could even slash my space magic."

"Sect master we're here."

The Elders from the sect came to help.

"Set a sealing formation around that giant, I’ll take care of this mage."

While that was taking place, the giant has already made a crater revealing a stone structure.

"Get out of here mage, you all will pay for stealing something precious from us children of the gods."

"Why should i care about some Fake god's descendant" the messenger said, coming out of the former cave now building.

The giant looked enraged; steam could be seen coming out of his now red body.

"You will pay for insulting my father!"

"[Meteor]"

A giant ball of fire came down on the giant's head, but the giant jumped away at surprising speed.

"You're faster than you look."

"I will crush you!" The giant said, running towards the messanger, making the ground shake with his every step.

The giant with his massive body with the forest trees not even reaching his ankle, jumped towards the messenger.

"[Full body Magic avatar]"

A blue giant hand, as big as the giant's body appeared and grabbed him from the air.

"I can't hold him for long, also it looks like there's a barrier trapping us," a giant blue version of Alex said.

"[Solar beam]"

A yellow beam of concentrated light fired at the giant's eye.

"Argh" the giant wailed and escaped from Alex's grip.

"I didn't hurt his eyes, his defenses are too strong, but i can still blind him."

"If we can't even hurt his eyes, what can we do?"

"Buy me some time Alex, I’m going to cast a spell."

"[Magic armament]"

A set of armor and a war hammer made of magic appeared, arming the giant Alex.

"Take this," Alex said, swinging a hammer at Hercules’s head.

"Who are you to interrupt my battle with that mage?"

"[Magic armament: chains]"

Alex's hammer turned into chains and started to tie Hercules down.

"Wait...i felt this mana before, you're using that child thief's mana, are you his magic clone," he said, his face showing rage.

"What if i am?"

"Then Die!"

*crack* the chains cracked

As the chains about to break Alex punched Hercules repeatedly on the face.

"Die!"

"[Haste]"

*boom* fire exploded from Hercules’s body, breaking the chains and destroyed half of Alex's armor immediately.

But, the giant figure of Alex suddenly blurred, and retreated very quickly, as if her giant form have no weight.

"You're not going away," a voice out of nowhere said.

Alex suddenly stopped in place as crashed into a wall.

"What is this spell, space barrier?"

'He can block my mind reading, and my senses, he must be an arch magic user' Alex thought.

"[Magic barrier]"

The only thing she can do is shield herself from the explosion with shields in all direction.

"[Violet dawn]"

Purple suddenly filled the whole sky, blinding the world with purple light.

"A divine level spell" a robed man said, coming out of a hole in space, and escaped

"Alex are you okay" the messenger said, coming to Alex’s side

“That spell was dangerous; you even hit me with it”

“sorry, this spell of mine is still in development"

“Well the spell did it's job"

The giant hercules is lying down on the ground with his body without skin, showing red hot muscle 

'All of that and only his skin is damaged.'

“Alex and the mage beside Alex what are you doing here,” the sect master shouted from the distant sky.

 “Look like we have to retreat Hercules,” 

The shadow man appeared on top of Hercules's head and started casting a spell

“This...is not over,” Hercules said, sounding tired.

A hole in space appeared and sucked them inside it.

“Well this place is burned to the ground,” the sect master said.

“I’m sorry sect master Azure; i will make sure this land will be filled with grass and trees in a day.”

"Alex, where's Vio and peter?"

Vio and Peter appeared beside Alex

“Sect master I’m about to leave the sect for a trip, also i will leave these two in your care.”

“Vio Kenhart and Peter Evergreen what have two gotten yourselves into.”

“don't blame them sect master, it was because of them that the giant Hercules didn’t attack inside the sect.”

Alex explained that the giant’s target was the messenger called Surya, was here to inform Alex about his father but Hercules tracked him.

“I see thank you the both of you, there must be a reward for the ones who saved the sect.”

“Sect master we didn’t do mu-

 “I want spirit stones,” Peter said, cutting off Vio’s words.

“Haha, also Alex, i hope this will help,” he said giving Alex a spirit bag.

“Another spirit bag.”

"Be grateful, you spoiled brat!" Vio said, sounding suprisingly angry at Alex

"Of course i'm grateful, see you again later Vio, Peter, i'm sure we'll meet again soon."

Alex went back to the sect to rest and cultivate before leaving the sect to go to the south.

9