Chapter 19: Fifth floor
259 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we went down the stairs to the fifth floor we saw that the color of the walls changed, the walls stopped being light blue and changed to a green tone.

Even though the only visible change was in color, we couldn't let our guard down.

From the fifth floor to the seventh floor, new monsters appear that we are not familiar with, and also we do not meet the basic skills in G.

When we got far enough from the stairs, we went to a secluded spot. I went to a secluded place. We looked around to make sure no one was seeing us, and when we were sure no one was and no monsters were around, I put up a portal.

"I think this will suffice," I told them before we started to walk away from the place.

We kept walking on the fifth floor and saw some Killer Ants coming out of the walls, there were a total of three.

They had a red-colored body, two antennae, and six legs, although the front legs seemed to have sharp claws, which was kind of gross, that wasn't the worst. The worst thing about those ants was their gigantic size which made them look more terrifying next to their large jaws, which seemed to be capable of cutting off limbs as easily as a guillotine decapitating a human being.

When they noticed our presence they turned their heads in our direction. We became as alert as possible and waited in our position, while Milya took the opportunity to shoot arrows at them.

Even though the arrows hit their bodies, they didn't bury far and were only able to penetrate half of the arrowheads before falling to the ground.

"Hinding!" I yelled while extending my left hand which was empty because I kept Eva in a sheath that was on my belt.

I saw how even though Hinding hit the body of the closest ant, he could still run toward us, only he was quite injured.

"Hinding!" I screamed again and saw that he hit the ant's body a second time, only he was still moving despite him injuries.

"Hinding!" I yelled for the third time before seeing that the Killer Ant was no longer moving.

When the other two Killer Ants were a few meters ahead of us, David and Milye charged forward and attacked.

When David attacked the head of the ant, instead of being injured, he was unharmed because he held the spear with his jaws, I took advantage of the fact that the Killer Ant was busy attacking David and yelled "Hinding!" after activating my exalted status. I watched as he opened his jaw and dropped the spear. David who retrieved the spear from him used all of his strength to hold it and pierced the head of the Killer Ant.

I saw that the Killer Ant that went to attack Milye was repelled as Milye lunged forward and took advantage of her small size to slash the front of the Killer Ant before backing up and away when attacked by the Killer's Ant front legs. Milya kept shooting arrows which helped Milye a lot.

Killer Ante went after Milye again and tried to attack her, but before she could I picked up Eva and ran in her direction along with David. Noticing that we were going to attack his, he rushed towards us but was cut down by Milye and before she could retaliate David attacked his with him spear hitting his torso.

Despite that, he was still alive, but I had already gotten close enough and cut his torso using Eva before piercing his head using Adam who was holding it using my right hand.

When we saw that he was no longer moving. We took a long breath, and Milya began to pick up the magic stone from the corpse which was a bit difficult for her because she was not used to collecting the magic stone from this new monster.

Luckily the corpse was cut in two and it was easier for her to find the magic stone and grab it. After that, she collected the arrows before storing them in her quiver that was attached to the side of the backpack she was carrying.

She went to pick up the magic stone from the second corpse, while we were still resting a bit, I wanted to go back to my calm state because when I'm in my exalted state it only makes me feel excited about what just happened, and wanting to run around the place and look for another Killer Ant, but I can't do it because I'm probably starting to feel fatigued and right now it's better not to let I guard down.

Milya finished picking up the magic stone from the second Killer Ant corpse, and she went towards the third, but we saw that she was startled as she approached the Killer Ant's corpse we saw the body move a bit and we started to hear a strange sound.

We screwed up, that was my first thought before opening a portal and yelling "Let's go!" They grasped the situation extremely quickly and rushed towards the portal I just opened, we saw Killer Ant coming in large numbers from all directions which was a terrifying sight.

The portal isn't very big so we couldn't all fit together, so first Milya crossed it because she was closer, then Milye, and then Adam. When they crossed I took a look at all the killer Ants that were coming, I gave them the middle finger and crossed the portal.

Put Eva in the holster on my belt and yell "Hinding!" As I reached out and saw the energy blast that went through the portal and ended up hitting the head of a Killer Ant killing his instantly.

After I finished closing the portal I went to rest without letting my guard down with them.

"I must admit, that was very exciting!" David exclaimed.

I saw how both Milye and Milya agreed with him.

I could only sigh before saying "Let's rest and continue exploring when we recover a bit."

While we rested we observed that there was a very cute white rabbit that had a horn on its head. Even though it was far away, it began to slowly approach our direction.

"It is very cute!" It was what Milye said, but despite that, she didn't approach the rabbit and held his sword and both Milya and David prepared to fight.

"Be careful, Needle Rabbits are very fast when charging and if they do charge you with their horn, you may end up with very severe injuries or be killed instantly." I may sound like an exaggeration, but I don't think I'm wrong because none of us have a resistance of G or higher, and Needle Rabbit's attack can be very fatal and especially if it hits a vital point.

"Wait I want to try something so leave it to me," I said before standing in front of them and waiting for the Needle Rabbit to get closer. First, create a portal just a few inches away from the wall. When the Needle Rabbit got close enough it suddenly jumped at high speed, but I was already prepared for that and when it was about to pierce me with its horn it created a portal in front of me.

When he crossed the portal he ended up crashing into the wall. I followed him through the portal and saw that his head was badly injured by the amount of blood that came out, unlike his horn, which looked in perfect condition, but he wasn't dead and he was just a little confused, but I took advantage of that and cut his throat.

This is the simplest way I could think of to kill the Needle Rabbit without taking too many risks.

"Can monsters be eaten?" We all turned our heads towards Milye at the sudden question she asked.

"That's an excellent question, too bad I don't know the answer" I don't remember much about whether monsters could be eaten or not.

I saw that Milye made a sad look because none of us knew if it could be done or not. I decided to just grab the magic stone from the Needle Rabbit and we continued to rest before going back to explore the fifth floor.

We ran into a Frog Shooter couple who were killed by Milya with her arrows and my magic.

"We should stop for today, I'm getting tired from the constant use of MIND, tomorrow we can continue when we are in better condition"

"Okay" they said at the same time.

"Wait, we forgot something important," I said remembering a fundamental part that has to be taken into account when exploring the Dungeon.

They looked at me with confusion and Milya was the one who asked me "What did we forget?"

I sighed and said "The valis, unlike what we usually do of monotonously hunting the monsters, this time we didn't concentrate much on that and went to the fifth floor. Even though we are more tired and the stones on the floors The deeper ones are worth more, the amount we collect is very little and doesn't compare to what we usually earn just by selling magic stones from Goblins or Kobolds"

When they thought about what I said their looks became a little melancholy, a fundamental part of being an adventurer is to earn valis, if you don't have valis how can you guarantee to be even prepared to explore the dungeon if a wound that is not treated with a potion is very fatal.

"Well, we'd better hunt all the monsters we see until we exit the dungeon."

"Okay" Milye said, but I could see that her tail was drooping and the same could be said for her ears, and something similar happened with Milya.

"Let's go back to the guild"

We started to head towards the exit of the dungeon in a low mood despite everything that happened today.

17