[1] Me, myself, and I
226 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

sighs* "It happened again today..."

Every part of my body is in pain after the training today, as always, the demons around me didn't hold back on making things hard for me. Ever since I enrolled at the Academy, they've been bullying and making fun of me for having a low aptitude for Destruction and Demonic magic.

I walked down the streets for a few more minutes until I stopped in front of a huge manor, my house. The housemaid opened the door for me and I immediately went inside. I was about to head to my room when I heard my mother's voice.

"Anri, you're home! Welcome back!" My mother walked towards me with huge strides and a smile plastered on her face.

"I'm home, Mom. I'll skip dinner tonight, you guys can eat without me." I replied to her while quickly walking up to my room to prevent mom from seeing the bruises on my arms.

"Eh? Tell me, Anri, did the students at the Academy bully you again?" My mother asked me with a worried look on her face.

"N-No, I'm just tired from our training, don't worry mom, I'm just gonna take some rest." I assured her. However, her face says that she doesn't believe me. I hurried up the stairs and immediately locked myself in my room to not worry her any further. I heard Dad's voice just after I locked the door.

"What's wrong? did something happen with our daughter?" My father asks my mother.

"It seems like, she's still getting bullied... sigh* when will this end, if only we have enough power and influence to do something about it... I'm such a failure of a mother."

"Don't beat yourself up over it Lein, we won't stop trying to help her, besides, she's our daughter, she's stronger than what she seems to be. Just trust her, she can make it..."

I slowly lay down on my bed to take a little rest, I grabbed a storybook about the Great Hero, Jean'e. Despite being a demon, I love his story, every time I feel sad, I read this book again and again to forget what I'm feeling. I laid down on my back and started reading, as I slowly turned the pages, my eyes slowly started to close. The grip of my hand disappeared and the hard book fell on my face.

...

"This is the end for you and your reign of terror, Demon lord Feanor!" The Hero, Jean'e shouted as he pointed his sword at the Demon Lord.

"No, you are the one who will meet your end, Hero Jean'e!" The Demon Lord, clad in black robes with his giant purple scythe and red glowing eyes replied

"J-J-Jean'e! I-I'm going to cast my Ultimate spell, please buy some time for me!" The mage of the party, Elysia said nervously as her staff shakes.

"Alright, Henry, make sure to protect Ely from attacks, Fiona, keep casting support and healing magic on the three of us!"

""ROGER!"" Replied Henry, the Paladin, and Fiona, the Saint.

"Haaahh!" The Demon Lord and the Hero plunged into intense combat. In just 7 minutes, they managed to dish out hundreds of thousands of attacks on each other.

"J-Jean'e! I finished the chant!" Elysia informed the Hero as the tip of her staff showed an ominous glow. Due to the collateral damage from the fight between the Demon Lord and Jean'e, Henry and Fiona are now unable to stand up.

"You think I'll let you just do as you please? Dream on!" An intense surge of bloodlust was emitted from his body, since the Hero has a lot of powers and blessings, it only affected him for a moment, however, the now unprotected Elysia got affected by it and her mind went blank from fear.

"Hiii~" Due to nervousness, she accidentally injected more magic power than what is necessary for the spell and when she finally regained her senses, it was already too late, the ominous glow is already as large as a giant orc and it's still slowly growing in size.

When the Demon Lord and the Hero saw this, cold sweat dripped down their backs and cold chills rand down their spine, both of them gulped at the same time while staring wide-eyed at the magic.

"H-Hey Hero Jean'e, d-d-don't you think you should stop your ally?"

"Well aren't you the Demon Lord!? surely you have a trump card to nullify her magic, right!?"

"You think I can nullify something like that at my current condition!?" Feanor retorted.

"The same goes for me! we've been fighting non-stop for a day, now my mana pool is only at around 16%! I need to have around 40% to stop that!"

"Oh f*ck it! let's just create a barrier together! Ask that clumsy mage of yours to fire that magic of hers towards us, and when it's only a few meters away from us, we will enclose it in a barrier!"

"Haahhh, if only you just evacuated the innocent beastmen in the nearby villages, then all of us would've just sacrificed ourselves!"

Elysia, who was watching the entire time from a distance finally spoke.

"C-Can I release this now? I can't control my magic anymore!!"

"L-Little girl, why don't you try firing it up the sk-" Feanor spoke.

"It's too heavy, you dumb demon! it will just fall back to us in an instant! and the impact will be stronger if that happens!" Jean'e retorted.

"Listen up Elysia, on the count of three, you will fire that to us, okay?"

"B-But Jean'e!"

"D-Do it, Ely, trust in Jean'e. I don't have much mana left but I'll use all of it to protect the three of us" Henry, who is struggling to stand up, spoke up.

"That's right, Do it, Elysia." said Fiona as she cast a protection spell on the three of them

"Here we go, 1....2...3, FIRE!."

"HAAAH!" Elysia fired the spell in the direction of the Hero and the Demon Lord, and when it's only a few inches away from the two, the Demon Lord and the Hero drained their power to trap the ball in a spherical shield.

The spherical shield emitted an intense amount of light and after a few seconds... it exploded.

Since the Hero and Demon Lord combined their powers, the damage to the surrounding area was minimized. However, for the magic is on the extreme levels, the shield broke shortly which resulted in the death... of the Demon Lord and Hero.

...

Right now, Feanor and I are sitting in front of a woman like obedient children, Her pure white hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. She would be a perfect beauty if only she doesn't have the body of a child which contradicts her bloody old age.

"Hero Jean'e, you know that I can read your mind, are you saying that I'm an old hag!? How dare you say that about me, the Goddess of Creation!"

That's right, the person in front of us right now is none other than the Goddess of creation.

"I-I'm sorry Goddess Ponteia for speaking the  truth."

"You motherfu- anyways, back to the main topic. So? what might be the two of the world's strongest entities doing here in the Afterlife?" The Goddess of Creation, Ponteia asks the two of us and looks at us as if she's scolding two children who just finished bickering with each other.

"w-we died..." Feanor and I replied in a low volume due to embarrassment.

"huh... pfft-HAHAHAHAHA!" Ponteia immediately lost her composure and laughed at us like a child, even falling off of her throne, she started thumping the floor while laughing out loud and tears started to come out of her eyes.

"This little brat... I'm pretty sure that she already knows what happened, and yet she still asked us, grrrr, how I want to give her a nice uppercut right now!" Feanor, who is beside me complained.

"Hahaha hah hah, to think that both of you will die not by each other's blades, but because of a clumsy mage, kekeke just the thought of it is enough to make me cry. A-Anyways, dying aside, since I'm in a good mood right now, I'll allow you both to get reincarnated.

"Huh?" Feanor and I widened our eyes in surprise.

"A-Are you sure?" I ask.

"Of course, Feanor, since you acted like a bad kid down there, you will be reincarnated 8000 years in the future as a new person, without your current powers and memories."

"That's alright, I guess I'll just try living as a normal human in my next life."

"As for you, Hero Jean'e, I will reincarnate you 600 years in the future, and since you've been a good hero, I will allow you to keep your powers and memories."

"Ohh! that's nice! Thank you for your kindness, Ponteia!"

"But of course, you'll have to receive a little punishment for calling me an old hag earlier, I hope you like your surprise kekekekek."

"Eh? I-I don't feel so good about this." I muttered as a chill ran down my spine.

"Now then, time to say our goodbyes! adios, my lovely children!" she immediately stood up and went to Feanor, after getting close to him enough, she slapped his face which sent him into oblivion.

"Huh? w-what did you to him?" I asked nervously.

"Hmm? I reincarnated him of course." she said to me with this scary smile on her face.

"I-Is that slap necessary?" I ask her.

"Not really, I just feel like doing it, hehe!"

"N-Now that I take a good look at you, you look very beautiful today Ms. Ponteia, c-can you spare me from that slap?"

"Kyaaa, Jean'e you little flirt, you're making me blush." she replied to me as she swings her palm at me.

My eyes turned lifeless as I stared at the scary-looking palm that is supposed to be bringing my new beginning... or end.

...

"Uwwooogghh!" I immediately got up from unconsciousness and touched my face to see if it was still intact after the slap, after feeling it for a few seconds, I finally calmed down, good thing it's still good.

"Now then, where are we..." I thought to myself as I looked around inside what seemed to be a bedroom. I was about to get up to explore when I felt something on the bed beside my right hand.

"Hmm? what's this, a book? hmm... "Tales of Jean'e the Great Hero"? a book about me?"

I opened the book to skim through the contents and I found that the contents are accurate.

"I wonder who wrote this" I flipped the book to look at the back and there I saw the name of the author.

[Book written by: Fiona Alva, Elysia Alva, Henry Wein]

"So they who wrote this huh, good thing they are still alive after the explosion. Now then, time to find out where I am."

I got up from the bed, however, I felt slight pain all over my body.

"That little brat could've given me at least a proper body." I thought to myself as I glanced over at my left arm where it hurts the most, and that's when I saw that it's full of bruises and swollen spots.

"What in the-" I immediately went to the mirror and there I saw that all of my limbs are filled with bruises and wounds. However, just when I was about to check the other parts, I noticed something strange, I glanced at my face in the mirror, and there I saw a beautiful girl with emerald green eyes and brown hair.

"What the- i-is this me!? what the hell!? but-"

Suddenly, I felt as if I'm losing control over the body, it's like someone is trying to take control of it until I finally lose all control.

"W-What's happening?" I asked myself.

"H-Huh? why am I standing?" I said..no, the other person inside this body said, or more specifically, the original owner.

"Strange, did I sleepwalk?"

Right now, I'm too speechless to talk and my mind went blank.

She walked downstairs and greeted her parents. My mind is still blank

She went to the sink to brush her teeth. My mind is still blank

She went to the table to eat breakfast with her family. My mind is still blank.

She goes to the bathroom to take a bath, she slowly removes all her clothing and that's when I finally regained my senses.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!" I shouted in surprise.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!" Perhaps she also got shocked by my sudden scream and she started screaming.

"M-Miss Anri! is something wrong!?" one of the Maids suddenly went into the bathroom to check on her.

"J-Jenny, D-Did you just hear a man scream right now?" she asks with a scared look on her face.

"Huh? No, you're the only one that I heard screaming, even Master Laciel choked on his drinks when he suddenly heard you scream.

"I-I see, it must've been just my imagination, please tell father that I'm sorry for surprising him."

"Understood, by the way, Miss Anri, those wounds..."

Anri immediately tried to cover up her wounds.

"I-It's nothing, I got it from the training yesterday, don't worry about me."

"Is that so? then I'll take my leave."

The maid went out of the bath and Anri went back on her business.

"I should probably refrain from talking for the time being... Helloooooo."

"Kyaaaaa!!"

5