[3] How to raise a demon lord
182 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"T-The winner is, Anri!"

Despite our win, there were no cheers whatsoever coming from the spectators' seats, the silence made it look as if everything is at a standstill. Right now, every single student is in shock because of Anri's sudden performance.

"Hey, did Remi just got defeated by... Anri?"

"Am I dreaming right now?"

"The girl standing in the arena right now... she doesn't feel like the usual Anri."

"Was she hiding her true strength this entire time?"

"That's impossible, she has the lowest aptitude for being a Demon Lord in this entire school!"

The students slowly started murmuring among themselves, trying to process what just happened. Meanwhile, since I'm done with my part now, I should give back the reigns to Anri.

"Anri, you can take control now."

"..."

However, no response came from the owner.

"Anri?" 

"H-Huh? oh, what was that again?"

"Were you spacing out? I said you can have the control back."

"Oh, alright."

The control that I have started to disappear as I felt my soul being pulled back again to the back seat.

"I can't believe we won- no, you're the one who won, strange voice."

"Strange voice?" I asked.

"Ah no, it's just that I don't know your name yet, and also, how are you able to communicate with me and take control of my body. Moreover, the sword you used earlier.."

"I'll explain everything to you later, for now, we need to handle the situation at hand. It looks like you're in for some questioning, it might be because of the sudden burst of your performance or the appearance of Durandal."

Just as I finished speaking, three instructors made their way toward us, one of them is running with a worried look on her face. However, Anri's body started to wobble, and her consciousness starts to disappear.

"Shit, I forgot that we overexerted this body earlier, and now the fatigue caught up!"

"Anri!" Just as Anri's body was about to fall to the ground, the instructor dashed to us and successfully catches her in her arms.

"Hold on for a second Anri, I'll fix you up real quick." The instructor's hands starts to glow in purple and Anri's wounds started to disappear.

Right now, Anri is unconscious so the control went to me, however, it's still a bad idea to wake up and force myself to move, which is why I continued to pretend to be unconscious.

"Her mana has been drained dry! Does anyone here carries a mana vial!?" The female instructor asks.

"I-I have one over here, Teacher Lilith!" I heard Feian's voice coming closer toward us quickly.

"Thank you Feian." The female instructor named Lilith tried to pry open Anri's mouth and poured the contents of the vial inside. After drinking all of it, I felt her mana regenerating at a stable rate.

"Thank you again, Feian. She lost too much mana earlier, it would've been bad for her if her mana didn't regenerate on time." Once again, Lilith thanks Feian for the vial.

"It's nothing, Anri is a dear friend of mine, so it's only natural for me to help her."

"This child is lucky to have a friend like you." Lilith praised Feian.

"Now then, Instructor Fjord, I'll be taking care of Anri for now, you can go ahead and finish the class."

"Y-yes, Ms.Lilith"

Fjord, a combat instructor of the Academy and the one who's also in charge of this class' combat lesson sounded subservient in front of Lilith, probably because of some hierarchy or something. Lilith carries us in bridal style.

"It kinda feels thrilling to get carried by a pretty woman... ok, I should refrain from having these kinds of thoughts."

While carrying us to the infirmary, Feian, who is walking with Lilith suddenly asked her something.

"Ms.Lilith, about the sword that Anri used earlier..."

"What you're thinking right now is probably correct. Durandal, it's one of the 7 Genesis blades created by the Goddess of creation, Ponteia herself, Durandal is famous for its ability to protect its user from certain death for a single time every month. If I remember correctly, the last possessor of this sword is-"

"The Legendary Hero, Jean'e." Feian interjected.

"Looks like you did your homework, Feian. That's right, to think that Durandal would appear in this way is totally unexpected. I wonder why it chose Anri... Let's try asking her about it after she recovers and takes proper rest."

...

Right now, we're laying down on one of the beds in the infirmary. Anri regained her consciousness a few minutes ago.

"Hey... are you still here?" Anri asks me to check if I'm still present.

"Yeah..."

"Who are you? How are you able to communicate with me like this? And about what happened earlier..."

"Hmmm where to start... Alright, the reason why I'm able to communicate with you is because right now, I'm residing inside your body."

"Residing in my body? Can you dumb that down for me?"

"Haahh, in other words, I've been reincarnated in your body."

"What!? h-how did that happen!?" Anri sprang up from the bed in shock.

"Ask Ponteia."

"..."

"Anyways, since you're still alive when I got reincarnated, it's obvious that the dominant control over the body goes to you, the original owner."

"Wait a moment!... when you say residing in my body, does that mean that y-you s-s-saw me..."

"W-Well, it was unavoidable!"

"You fucking pervert! How can you ogle at a girl taking a shower!"

"I-I told you already, it was unavoidable! Besides, I tried closing your eyes but you have control over them!" I quickly explained to her.

"Eh? so it was you who was closing my eyelid?, I-I thought I was just still sleepy."

"Yeah..."

"H-How much did you see?"

"W-Well, you remember that the bathroom was steamy, right? so..."

"I-I see..."

An awkward silence loomed over us which is why I hurriedly tried to come up with another topic. However, before I could speak, Anri asked me another question.

"W-What was that earlier? That sword..."

"Huh? Oh yeah, Durandal..." 

"Why do you have it?" Anri asked me without leaving any room for refusal.

"I'd rather not reveal it to you yet but since we're going to share bodies from now on, I suppose you have the right to know about me."

"gulp*" Anri readied herself for my answer.

"Do you know who the last owner of Durandal is?"

"Of course, its last possessor is the person that I secretly look up to, the Hero of the Legends, Jea-" Her words got cut off at her sudden realization.

"You guessed it right."

"N-No way... the famous Jean'e, my idol is... inside me?"

"Hey, don't word it like that, it sounds kinda lewd."

"O-Oh right, sorry about that... Y-You're not lying to me, are you?"

"Do you want me to summon Durandal again?" I asked her.

"Y-Yes... if possible."

"Very well, give me your right arm."

"Alright."

Letting go of her right arm's control, I took over it and started to move it around."

"It feels kinda cool and weird to see my arm moving on its own."

"Hahaha I know right? anyways, back to the main business. [Manifest in my hand, Durandal!]"

Anri's right palm started glowing and amid the intense glowing, A white sword materialized. The light died down and in front of us is a beautiful white sword, on the end of the hilt is the pommel in the shape of a golden serpent's head made from orihalcum, the light blue colored grip felt comfortable to the touch, it is also imbued with magic that makes its weight lighter, while the crossguard is a thin circle which is imbued with the magic that protects its owner once a month from certain death by turning into a bracelet that attaches itself to its owner's arm.

To let Anri get a full experience of it, I gave her back her arm.

"Wow, I-It really is Durandal.."

Just then, the room to the infirmary bursts open as Lilith and Feian dashes toward us.

"Anri! are you alright? what was that white light and the surge of magic earlier?" Lilith asks.

"Anri, you're finally awake!" Feian proceeds to hug us while bawling like a child.

"You did well earlier, Anri." Lilith praised Anri as she tapped her shoulder.

"Anyways, what was that strange light earli-" Feian was about to inquire more when she finally noticed the white sword in Anri's hands, Lilith also noticed it shortly after.

"T-This... Ms. Lilith!"

"Anri, is that sword really what I think it is?" Lilith asks Anri.

"W-What should I do, Jean'e?"

"Just tell them that when Remi was about to finish you off, your body suddenly moved on its own as if someone took control of it and summoned Durandal and that when you woke up earlier, you're able to manifest Durandal."

"Wouldn't that be the same as saying that I now own this sword?"

"It's better than nothing, besides, I'll let you borrow it when you need it."

"Alright, I'll give it a try."

"Y-Yes, teacher Lilith. Earlier at the arena, when Remi was about to finish me off, my body moved on its own as if someone took control of it and before I knew it, I was already holding Durandal. When I woke up earlier, I tried manifesting it and it really appeared!"

"I can't believe it... Feian, take care of Anri for now, I'll report this to the Dean."

"Yes, teacher Lilith!"

"Hey Feian, what do you think will happen to me from now on?" Anri asked Feian with a worried expression.

"Nothing to be worried about, in fact, it will benefit us in a lot of ways, there would be no more demons who will dare to bully you since you are now an owner of a Genesis blade, at this point, all you need to do is become more powerful and you'll be the perfect Demon Lord candidate!" Feian answered cheerfully.

"But I'm no good with Demonic and Destruction magic, you're aware of that, right?"

"Yeah... that might pose a huge problem, hmmm..."

"..."

"W-Well, it's not like Demon and Destruction magics are mandatory for the Demon Lord position. As long as I can practice normal magic to the extreme, I can still become a Demon Lord, right?"

"I mean, yes, you're right but it'll be hard for you."

"That's alright, as long as it raises my chances to get the position!"

"That's the spirit! I'm not really interested in taking on such a huge responsibility, which is why I will support you with everything I got!" Feian declared with confidence.

"Thank you as always, Feian!"

...

After Anri got enough rest, the three of us finally went home together, as the three of us were walking down the road...

"Hey Anri.." I called out.

"Hmm? what is it?"

"After hearing your situation earlier, I've finally decided."

"Decided? on what?"

"Earlier, when I tapped into your magical circuits, I found out the reason why your aptitude for Demon and Destruction magic is staggeringly low, it's because your body and circuits are more compatible with Holy magic, which means that you are better off becoming a Hero like me than a Demon Lord, However, because of your Demon blood, you can't become a Hero, which is why until your mana pool is large enough to reconstruct my body from 600 years ago, I will be your private Mentor, I will teach you every last bit of my skills, spells, and sword styles, and if the need arises, I will give you access to the other 6 Genesis blades."

"W-W-What are you-"

"Prepare yourself, Anri Belfhast, Daughter of Victor and Lein Belfhast. I will turn you into the most powerful Demon Lord to ever walk on this planet. A Demon Lord made to destroy other Demon Lords. I will show you... How to raise a Demon Lord." 

"W-WHAATTTT!?"

10