[2] Control
133 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now I'm walking to school with this Demon girl named, Anri, or rather than walking with her, I'm being forced to, after all, we are two souls living in the same body. The scene in the bathroom earlier morning was too much for me to handle, I was forced to see the entirety of her body, I tried to close her eyelids but she kept on trying to open them.

"Haaahhh, I shouldn't have said that to Ponteia, now I'm stuck in here." I thought to myself.

"Anri!!" Just then, I heard a voice calling out to us. When Anri glanced in the direction where the voice came from, a tall girl with brown eyes wearing glasses, with purple hair tied into a ponytail came into sight, it looks like she is jogging towards us.

"Feian? Good morning." Anri said lethargically.

"Huh? why do you still have bruises on your body? didn't you ask Ms. Lein to heal it up?" Feian asks worriedly as she inspected her friend's bruised arms and neck with a worried look on her face.

"I-I didn't want to worry mom with meager things such as this." Anri replied meekly.

"This is not meager at all! Stay still, I'll fix you up [El de havasta, nor tuk dun. HEAL]." Feian's hands which are directed towards us started glowing and Anri's wounds started to slowly disappear. After a few seconds, the body is now fully healed, the pain that we've been feeling faded away and relief surged through our bodies.

"Thank you for doing this for me, Feian." Anri thanked Feian with a smile which prompted Feian to pounce on the girl.

"Haaahh! you're just too cute and pretty, Anri!" she said as she rubbed her face against Anri's while hugging her tightly.

"Yes yes, I get it, let's go already, we might arrive late if we don't hurry up."

The two of us continued walking to the Academy, only a few yards away. The students at the road became denser as we got close, their Jet black uniforms with purple hems and designs looked particularly cool and beautiful.

The huge Academy which resembles a gigantic castle came into sight after a few turns, it looked better than the Human academies 600 years ago.

"I wonder what they look like today." I thought to myself as we finally passed the gates. Now it looked much more gigantic from up close which made me accidentally speak.

"Whoa -oh sh*t!" I immediately shut up after realizing that I spoke my mind.

"Huh? W-What was that?" Anri suddenly became frantic and looked around her.

"Hmm? what's wrong Anri?"

"Feian, D-Did you just hear a man's voice just now?"

"Aside from the other male students' voices, no, why?"

"I swear I've been hearing strange sounds since this morning, am I going insane?"

"Oh sh*t..."

"Calm down Anri, maybe you're still tired from yesterday, just let it be, it will probably go away after a while." Feian tried to calm her down.

"I hope so..."

The two of them parted ways after that since they're from different classes. We walked down the hallway for a few minutes before we stopped in front of a room. Anri opened the doors and when the students inside noticed it, all of them stared at her. Their gazes felt so cold that Anri started to shake.

"I know this kind of looks very well, although I don't know the reason for it, I'm pretty sure it is that... The look of discrimination."

Seeing Anri receive this kind of treatment pissed me off, especially since I can feel what she's feeling right now since we reside in the same body. By using her mana, I cast a protective layer of spell on her to prevent her from feeling uncomfortable, it can also help one relax their mind.

Her shaking finally stopped and the discomfort in her heart that we were both feeling finally disappeared.

"Huh? it feels... warm." she thought to herself as she glanced at her palm. Surprisingly, I can read Anri's mind, but not vice-versa. Although I can probably talk to her telepathically if I wanted to.

Ignoring the strange and comforting sensation that she is feeling, she sat down on her chair. The instructor arrived shortly after and the classes begin.

After the 7 gruesome hours of boring lectures, we are finally onto the last lesson, however, all of the students stood up and followed the instructor to what seemed like a huge battle arena.

As we get closer, I can feel Anri's nervousness and anxiety rise up again.

"I'll have to find out why this girl is feeling this way."

"Line up! just like yesterday, get a slip of paper from this box, if I call out the number, the two students who hold the same number will duel in the arena, however, this time it's a semi-deathmatch, which means that you can only win if you render your enemy unconscious, surrendering is not allowed!" The instructor shouted.

"YES SIR!" All of the students shouted in unison. 

...

"Number 23, good thing I'm the last, I can prepare myself more." Anri muttered after she got her number.

... Right now, we're watching the no.16 pair duke it out in the arena. Surprisingly, the students of this Era have decent skills, which goes to show how rapid the world's development is. As the numbers grew closer and closer, Anri became more anxious and unnerved. She kept on glancing at this blonde girl sitting in the front seats.

"Why is she still not fighting.." Anri thought to herself as she became more nervous.

Although I barely know her, it's hard to see her like this, which is why I cast the same spell I casted on her this morning again.

"Huh? it's that same comforting feeling again.." she thought to herself as a smile appeared on her face.

"I can do this, I don't know what this feeling is and what's causing it, but I don't want to waste it. I can do it."

Seeing her getting a little pumped up made me chuckle a little bit which she instantly noticed.

"Who is this? Who are you?" This time she asked it in her mind, it seems like she found out that she was hearing my voice in her mind this entire time, however, I still chose to remain silent.

"Am I really just tired? I swear I heard that same voice chuckle... sigh, forget it, let's just focus. I'm the next and last one to fight today, it looks like Remi is my opponent today.. talk about bad luck."

"Number 23, prepare!"

At the call of the instructor, Anri and the blonde girl from earlier stood up and walked towards the arena, the way the blonde girl looked at Anri is filled with hostility and mockery.

Anri and blondie are now both facing each other in the center of the arena with about 18 meters of distance between them.

"I should observe them for now." I thought to myself.

"... START!"

[Manifest in my hand, Feulle!]

[Manifest in my hand, Norun!]

at the bellow of the instructor, Remi and Anri manifested their weapons in their hands, Remi uses a rapier called Feulle while Anri uses Norun, the same type of sword that I use, a long sword.

The two immediately plunged into a fight, even though Anri is at a huge disadvantage, she's still able to parry her opponent's strikes, however, due to the difference in speed, her body slowly accumulates heavy damage which only serves to weaken her more. Right now, Anri is in full defense mode, she can't find the opportunity to land a counter-attack due to the heavy barrage of stabs from Remi's rapier. 

"Not good, at this rate, Anri's sword will break. At the level of her magic, it would take her 4 minutes to re-deploy Norun. We don't have that much time!"

As I was observing the battle, Remi suddenly spoke up. 

"Good thing we got matched up, Anri! It feels so good to play with you like this!" Remi screamed in excitement. After that, she did another heavy attack, albeit not completely, Anri was able to block it, however..

crack*

"sh*t!"

Norun finally broke and disappeared into magic particles, and the shock wave knocked Anri to the ground. Blood started to flow from her mouth and nose.

"These wounds are too painful! why doesn't she just knock me unconscious... I still have some mana left and her guard is down, maybe I can..."

Using every last bit of her mana, Anri conjured a spell. [Me elda ifrosta more dul. Scream, breath of krisia!] After chanting, she pointed her palm at Remi and a ray of black light shot out from it. Remi was taken aback for a moment but she immediately regained her senses and conjured a barrier.

"Anri's attack is too weak, it won't be able to penetrate the barrier."

And just as I thought, the barrier didn't even crack, it got blocked completely. When the spectators saw this, almost all of them giggled, they are mocking her.

"Anri! just stay down! please don't fight anymore!" We heard Feian's voice coming from the spectators' seats. Anri wanted to stand up but her consciousness starts to slowly fade away due to mana deficiency. Just then, Remi started speaking again.

"You call that a Breath of Krisia? you failure of a demon, let me show you the real deal!"

"sh*t! We might die if that hits us in our current condition! looks like I have no choice."

"Anri." This time, I finally spoke to her.

"Huh? who's this? who are you?"

"I will explain it to you later, for now, give up your control over your body."

"B-But-"

"No buts! hand over the control to me or else both of us will die!"

"Alright! Alright!"

At this moment, I felt the feeling of control over this body merge with my soul.

"Huh? I don't feel like I'm losing my consciousness anymore, although I can still use the senses of my body, I don't have control over them." Anri's voice spoke inside my head.

"That's because I hold control over your consciousness. Right now, you're just a soul inside this body."

"Is that so... it feels kinda strange, talking to my own voice."

"That's just how it is, I can't use my original voice when I'm in control of this body."

When Remi saw Anri ignoring her and talking to herself, she became annoyed.

"So you have the confidence to ignore me huh, let's see if you can still ignore me after this!"

[Me elda ifrosta more dul. Scream, breath of krisia!]

"Anri! dodge it!" Feian shouted.

I held out my palm to conjure a barrier. Since I'm now in control, I activated my mana regeneration spell the moment Anri gave up control.

"Trying to block my attack? you really are an idiot!"

Her attack landed on my barrier which made an explosion that sent dust and smoke flying.

"Hahahaha! that's what you get for ignoring me!"

The spectators clapped at what seemed to be the end of the match, after a few seconds, the dust finally subsided. However, no one expected that I would still be standing after the attack without a single crack on the barrier.

"N-No way!"

"Did she just block a full-powered attack from Ms. Remi!?"

The spectators looked at us in shock, after all, the last thing they expected to happen, happened before their eyes.

"Wait, look at that Anri's left eye!"

"Why did its color change to gold?"

"Just what is happening right now?"

Ignoring the voices of others, I spoke to Anri.

"Hey, do you have any other swords besides Norun?" I asked her

"No, Norun is my only weapon, only a high-level demon can manifest two swords you know?"

"I see, then I'll have to use it."

"Hmm? use what?"

[Manifest in my hands, Durandal!]

At the shout of my voice, a pure white long sword manifested in my hands.

When the instructor and students saw the sword the entire arena went into silence.

"Y-You bitch! I will make sure that you die! [Ordun gahel marwa, Blood spear!] Remi threw a huge red spear at me, if that attack hits me, there's no doubt that I'll be meeting Ponteia again.

exhales*

I stabilized my breathing, went into stance, and closed my eyes, waiting for the perfect time to release the perfect counter-attack.

Finally, when the spear is only a few inches away from me, I opened my eyes again.

[COLLAPSE]

I slashed downwards using Durandal with extreme speed. When the sword touched the blood spear, it immediately disintegrated into fine particles. Seeing her attack get nullified, Remi slumped down, looking at me in fear. I walked towards her, sword still in hand. Right now, she is too terrified to move.

With a strong swing, I hit her temple with the hilt of my sword, rendering Remi unconscious.

"Scum like you should just stay asleep forever." I said as I gazed at the now unconscious bitc- Remi.

8