Chapter 17 : You can be never be too careful
482 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soft moonlight fell.

Imprinted on the girl's delicate face.

The girl's pink and purple eyes were slightly squinted and as the wind blew, the girl's black hair rised up with the wind and the emerald green butterfly hairpin on her head flapped it's wings with the wind.

It's like a real butterfly resting on the girl's hair.

"How did you get the Nichirin Blade in your hand?"

The girl spoke softly.

Even when talking to demons, Kocho Kanae's voice was still gentle, like the warm spring sun.

"Big sis, do you still need to ask?"

Behind her, Kochou Shinobu squinted her pupils and stared at the nichirin blade in the hands of a demon, the significance of which is self-evident.

"I picked it up."

The boy under the bamboo hat spoke calmly.

"Lie."

Kocho Shinobu glared angrily at the demon opposite her. Although she couldn't get a glimpse of the demon's appearance due to the cover of the bamboo hat, she could already imagine the disgusting appearance of this demon in her mind.

Demons are disgusting, without exception.

Kocho Kanae was also silent and after a long time, she spoke in a gentle voice: "Nichirin Blades, for the members of the Demon Slayer Squad are often more precious than life."

Simple words and the meaning is very straight forward, Nichirin Blades is not object which is easy to pick up out of nowhere.

Haruto shrugged his shoulders and he also knew that even if he tried to explain, it would be useless.

Because

He is a demon now.

To make a member of the demon Slayer squad believe a demon's words is undoubtedly a fairy tale.

"I'll give you another chance to explain now."

Kocho Kanae looked at the boy in front of her with pity.

Although it has now become a poor creature like a demon but even demons were once human.

It's really sad for a demon to lose himself.

Haruto was silent for a while then he raised his head and narrowed his golden eyes under the bamboo hat

"Aren't you going to make a move?"

He asked softly.

Kocho Kanae caressed her own Nichirin Blade gently. Kocho Kanae's Nichirin Blade was made in accordance to her fighting style. The jaw is orange, four-leaf clover-shaped and the handle is emerald green and the blade is peach-colored.

"Can I save you?"

Then she shook her head, "It seems like for now the only thing i can do now is to free you from the cause and effect of sorrow. "

White fingers caressed the blade and there was a faint and joyful sound of the blade.

Took a deep breath

The soft body tensed at this moment.

Sensing the situation of Kocho Kanae, Haruto's face is also extremely serious and focused.

Flower style

Kocho Kanae

She is the 'Hashira' who can fight against the second upper moon Doma for a long time.

Although his strength is not as good as that of the upper moon, it's not that he can surrender his life without a fight, right?.

He could feel the terrifying aura emanating from the soft-looking girl opposite to him.

Next moment

Kocho Kanae moved.

Accompanied by her movements, the surrounding flowers seem to bloom at this moment.

His eyes widened in an instant, focusing at the other party firmly.

Next moment

The figure of Kocho Kanae had already appeared in front of him and the cold blade slashed towards him.

Haruto gritted his teeth.

Swung the blade violently.

A fiery red 'U' shaped wave was cut out.

But the place it cut was empty, nothing was there and the blade that the opponent swung over seemed to have never appeared.

However, the next moment the beautiful blade flashed on his cheeks again.

So fast

There is no way to react at all, it was obvious that there was nothing there the moment before but it appeared so abruptly the next moment.

All he could do was barely move his head sideways.

Click!

Accompanied by a crisp sound, the bamboo hat on his head was cut off instantly and the sharp blade brushed past his cheek.

Pain first appeared in the cheeks, then in the shoulders.

Crack!

The sharp blade cut through the flesh and blood of the shoulder and finally stopped at the hard bone.

It was a golden hand pressing tightly against the blade, preventing Kocho Kanae's Nichirin Blade from cutting his arm from his body.

The girl's pretty brows frowned slightly.

The hand holding the hilt of the blade was trying to withdraw it but Haruto's ghostly hand was firmly grasping the sharp blade, with no intention of letting go.

From the very beginning, he knew that he couldn't match Kochou Kanae with his strength.

If he let the opponent use Nichirin Blade, he was afraid that within a few moves his head will be chopped off by the Nichirin Blade.

So he waited, waiting for the Nichirin Blade to strike at his neck.

The weakness of demons must be kept in mind for every member of the demon slayer squad and the method of killing demons must be understood from the moment they join the demon slayer squad.

One of the easiest ways to kill an demon is to chop off its head with Nichirin Blades.

obviously

He has been waiting for this moment.

It finally came and at the same time he avoided the vital parts of the neck dangerously and was not killed by one blow.

There are only a few ways to kill demons, Nichirin Blades are one, wisteria is one and lastly there is sunlight.

As long as Nichirin Blade was under control, even if Kocho Kanae wants to kill him, it's not that simple.

"So a smart one huh....."

Kocho Kanae's purple eyes stared at the young demon, his gentle face carried a touch of coldness:

"But if you think that you can beat me like this, you are completely wrong."

The girl spoke softly and kicked out her long legs like a whip.

He felt like a tree collided with him and he could only let out a small scream before he was flung out towards the wall.

His body collided with the wall of the alley, knocking down the wall in an instant, with more energy remaining he continued to hit the ground.

"Boom..."

A powerful muffled sound followed, accompanied by smoke rising.

The slender and tall figure of Kocho Kanae stood quietly on a wall and with the reflection of the moonlight, the girl's posture is like an elf.

"Fwoo..."

As the dust and mist cleared, Haruto stood up from the ground in little embarrassment.

The durability brought by the demon's body as well as the strong self-healing ability prevented him from losing his fighting power all at once.

Standing up with difficulty, he pulled his hand on his shoulder, and pulled out the blade stuck on his shoulder.

He looked up and stared at the woman standing on the wall like an elf under the moonlit night.

He softly laughed.

Kocho Kanae frowned: "You don't think that if you take away my sword, there's nothing I can do to you?"

Haruto didn't speak but just wiped his lips with his hand, wiping off the bright red blood on his lips.

"As we all know, there are only a few ways to kill demons and Nichirin Blade is one of them."

He spoke softly.

"There's more than one Nichirin Blade here damn demon."

Another cold voice came out, this time it was Kocho Shinobu who spoke.

The girl looked at the demon mockingly.

"And it's my Nichirin Blade."

Kocho Shinobu replied then looked at her sister and threw the blade in her hand: "Bog sis, take the blade."

Kocho Kanae took her sister's blade, looking at Haruto with pink and purple eyes

"hehe..."

The boy suddenly smiled.

"When dealing with demons, you can never be too careful."

"Kocho Kanae, you are too careless."

"You're too gentle."

Kocho Kanae frowned slightly, in this situation the other party is educating her?

She opened her lips to say something 

But the words didn't come out and her expression changed drastically.

21