Chapter – 2 – The Truth
26 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yoru's fear turned to terror as he realized he couldn't escape. He shouted and tried to run from the side of the man,but before he could even blink, the man had cut both hands of Yoru.

Yoru fell to the ground, writhing in pain and shock.

The pain was excruciating, and I screamed as loud as possible. My attacker raised his arm to strike again, "But then some words appeared in my vision, floating above my head, urging me to use time manipulation."

I repeated the words to myself and saw myself being cut into pieces. Then everything went blank, and I found myself back in the present. The attacker raised his hand again, but I knew what was going to happen in the next few seconds.

I took a deep breath and tried to dodge it, but The pain was excruciating, and suddenly everything disappeared in a blinding flash of light.

Then I said "time manipulation" and thought about the time when I was leaving the store.

"Finally, I escaped," I muttered to myself as I traveled back in time.

After this incident, I gathered some information about the muscular guy by following him who had attacked me.

I followed him and found out that he knows many people or meets people who are like him, some are fat and some are muscular, but one thing common in all of them is their round head shape and they all eat humans.
When I followed others, I also learned about it, although I had to die many times.

But, My curiosity led me to uncover more information about him and others like him. I discovered that they all had the same surname - "Dhakad"
"They resided in a regal estate, akin to that of a king's palace, living together like one big family."

"In this world of ordinary individuals, I alone possess extraordinary skills. Their origins remain a mystery to me."

Now, I was determined to learn more about my power and went to the library to find more books on time manipulation.

............. Library ..........

There were a few people in the library today as I went there in the morning. I tried to find books about my skills, but couldn't find any.

Suddenly, his attention was drawn to a large figure sitting across the room. It was a dhakad, a creature known for its love for human flesh. Yoru had encountered many of them in his adventures, and he knew their properties well.

"This bastard is also here! I think they don't do any crime or kill there," Yoru thought to himself.

As he observed the creature, he noticed that it was reading a book on humans. "Interesting," he thought, "They want to learn more about their favorite food."

Yoru knew that dhakads didn't like earth food much, but sometimes they ate it. He also knew that they were usually too busy reading to notice their surroundings. "This might be my chance to strike," Yoru thought.

He took out his trusty knife, hidden in his jacket, and slowly made his way toward the Dhakad. He pretended to look for a book, but his eyes were fixed on his target. Suddenly, he lunged forward, aiming for the creature's head.

But the knife broke on impact, and the Dhakad burst into laughter. "Hahahaha! You tried to kill me, Bad Luck !" The creature opened its jaws wide, trying to swallow Yoru whole.

Yoru knew he had to act fast. He quickly grabbed a nearby book and slammed it into the creature's mouth, forcing it to close its jaws. With his other hand, he grabbed a nearby fire extinguisher and sprayed it into the creature's face.

The dhakad howled in pain as it stumbled backward, blinded by the spray. Seizing the opportunity, Yoru grabbed the creature's head and slammed it onto the table, knocking it unconscious.

As Yoru caught his breath, he looked around to see if anyone had noticed. But the library was still silent, and nobody seemed to have heard the commotion.

"I need to get out of here," Yoru thought making his way to the exit.

Yoru knew that this wouldn't be the last time he encountered a dhakad. But for now, he had managed to survive another encounter with these creatures.

As Yoru walked out of the library, he couldn't shake off the fear that had crept up his spine. The dhakad he had attempted to attack was now standing before him, laughing heartily. Its mouth was open wide, revealing sharp teeth that glinted menacingly in the sunlight.
Yoru knew that he had no chance against the powerful creature, and as it lunged toward him, he closed his eyes, bracing himself for the end.

But then yoru use their Time skill and Yoru found himself back in library, where he had been reading a book on time travel. The dhakad was still there, engrossed in a book about humans. Yoru realized that this dhakad must be more powerful than any he had encountered before.

Determined to find a weakness, Yoru decided to follow the dhakad as it left the library. Instead, Yoru relied on his own wits and intuition to survive.

As he followed the dhakad through the streets, Yoru's mind raced with possibilities. What could he do to defeat this creature? He had tried attacking it with his knife before, but it had proved useless against the dhakad's thick hide. Perhaps there was a way to outsmart it,
to use its own weaknesses against it.

he followed his cautiously. His heart was pounding in his chest, and he could feel the sweat trickling down his back. But he knew that he couldn't turn back now.

As he crept closer, Yoru saw that the dhakad was crouched over a garbage can, It seemed to be searching for something

Suddenly, the dhakad looked up, sensing that it was being watched. Yoru froze, unsure of what to do. But then the creature spoke, surprising him with its deep, rumbling voice.

"I know you're there, What do you want?"

Yoru appeared in front of Dhakad and spoke, "I don't want to fight with you."

Dhakad was taken aback, "Then why have you been following me?"

Yoru chuckled, "I know about you and all the Dhakads."

Dhakad was shocked, "So you know everything?"

Without hesitation, Dhakad attacked Yoru with his bare hands. However, Yoru managed to dodge his every move by moving through time and using his physical strength to block his attack.

As the fight raged on, Yoru realized that his time manipulation ability was useless in this situation. He had to rely on his wit and agility to survive. He continued to dodge and block the Dhakad's attacks, looking for an opening to strike back.

Finally, Yoru saw his chance. Yoru seized the opportunity, landing a swift blow that sent the creature reeling.

But even as the Dhakad stumbled back, it lashed out with its claws, catching Yoru on the shoulder. Yoru cried out in pain, his strength faltering. The Dhakad seized the moment and lunged forward, sinking its teeth into Yoru's flesh.

Yoru fought back with all his might, but he was no match for the Dhakad's raw power. In the end, the creature overpowered him, savoring the taste of human flesh as it devoured him whole.

"Even in death, Yoru time manipulation allowed him to send himself back to the moment he had just awoken.

Yoru had faced many opponents in the past, but this Dhakad was the most powerful of them all.

However, Yoru was determined to expose the truth about Dhakad to everyone and he wouldn't stop until he succeeded."

Yoru took a deep breath, gathered his composure, assessed the situation, and thought that if he had a skill for attacking, he might have been able to survive,

but he only had time manipulation, which is not suitable for attacking unless he has good physical strength he can't face a dhakad

Yoru began to ponder about how he should not pay attention to these bullies, and how this skill could benefit him in his normal life. For two months, he continued living his life as usual, until one day, he was faced with the truth. While cleaning out the store room, he came across an old diary that belonged to his grandfather, who was no longer alive. His grandfather had carefully preserved and written this diary throughout his life.

As he began reading the diary, he was surprised to discover the secrets it held, which had been hidden for many years. On the first page, he saw the words, "I learned a new skill today," and Yoru was amazed. Did everyone in my family possess unique abilities? When he turned to the next page, he found it completely blank, with many more empty pages to follow. However, as he continued flipping through the pages, he came across one that had the word "Dhakads" written on it,

"What! How did grandfather know about Dhakads"

Yoru continued to read, and the diary revealed a tale of how they were all afraid that day.

"The Earth was being taken over by outsiders who had previously taken over other planets. They had now come to our kingdom, and everyone was using their skills to fight them off. Although they had worked hard to defeat them, everyone lost their life. I had used my most powerful skill, "Universe Portal," to save me and "Yoru" from the billion-strong army of those dhakads. We both had been transported to another universe's Earth, and we decided to live there from then on.

Yoru was too young at the time to remember anything, and his grandfather had not tried to remind him of their past. The planet they lived on was different from theirs, and there were no magic weapons, no monsters, and no skills. It was weaker than their world, and I think there were no Dhakads to be found here. They lived on Universe 12's Earth, while Yoru and his grandfather were from Universe 13. I had attempted to go back to Universe 2 on several occasions but I was too weak to perform my skill.

Thus, I developed a magic spell that would allow me to return there if necessary. I had hidden it in my safe, it was a stone with the word "Teleport" engraved on it.

As Yoru read through his grandfather's diary and discovered the truth about his family's past, his heart sank. He couldn't believe that his parents and the rest of his family had lost their lives fighting against the dhakads, and that his grandfather had saved him and himself by transporting them to another universe. Yoru felt a mix of emotions - sadness, anger, and confusion.
He was angry at the dhakads for what they had done, and he was angry at his grandfather for not telling him the truth. Without thinking, he punched the wall beside him, leaving a dent in it

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" "How could they hide something like this from me?"
Yoru's voice trembled as he spoke, betraying the intense emotions he was feeling.

The next day, Yoru decided that he would go to Universe 13's Earth and avenge his family's death by confronting those dhakads. He was not afraid of dying because he could manipulate time and use his stone to teleport himself if necessary.

Before going, I tried to explain the truth about the mysterious Dhakads to Police. But as I spoke, the officer merely scoffed, dismissing my words as the ramblings of a fool.

"Why would anyone believe such a ridiculous story?"
"No one in this world understands me anyway. All I care about is protecting myself and focusing to kill all that bastards"

Yoru made his mission to kill them all Dhakad. I had already lost my family to their brutal attacks and he was willing to do anything to seek revenge.
Despite my weak strength and speed, I had a skill that matched the power level of the Dhakads.

"Now I going to kill all these bastards"

_____TO BE CONTINUED______________

0