Episode 25 (Part 1) – Tangled Emotions
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Regina's heart raced as Alexandro arrived at such an inopportune moment. She couldn't fathom why Fredrick had made such a request, and her mind was lost in a whirlwind of thoughts. Alexandro strode towards her, extending his hand. Regina stood from her seat, and without hesitation, Alexandro pulled her close to him. She found herself covered in his chest, hearing the rapid thumping of his heart. In his arms, she felt like a cherished doll, protected from harm. His gaze fixed on Fredrick, filled with anger, while Fredrick glared back, wounded and resentful.

In a detached tone, Alexandro spoke, "I wasn't aware of your arrival, Fredrick."

Regina flinched, sensing the anger in Alexandro's voice, unable to see his expressions as she was tightly wrapped in his embrace.

Unyielding, Fredrick retorted, "The Duke seems to have forgotten who stands before him."

"I am well aware of your identity, and I would have greeted you formally, but as you can see, I am busy tending to my wife," Alexandro retorted with a smirk, as if claiming a victory.

Fredrick furrowed his brows, unimpressed. The tension in the air was palpable.

Regina listened helplessly, unable to free herself from Alexandro's grasp. Regina, trapped in Alexandro's arms, attempted to push him away, but her strength was no match for his. She whispered, "Alexandro, let me go." Her sweet voice resonating in his ears, momentarily softening his anger. He loosened his grip, but the tension remained.

"Now that we have had our greetings, Crown Prince, we will leave first," Alexandro declared.

"I am afraid I cannot allow that. Lady and I have some important matters to discuss," Fredrick insisted.

Alexandro's agitation grew. "The important matters can wait. I cannot allow you around my wife after the sight I witnessed moments ago."

Regina glanced at Alexandro, seeing his cold and detached expression. She felt torn, wanting to defuse the situation and leave the restaurant. Just as she was about to suggest they depart, Fredrick's words stung her ears, "A man like you doesn't deserve to be her husband."

Regina's heart sank. "Fredrick, why must you provoke him?" she thought, glaring at him to halt the heated conversation.

Without backing down, Alexandro retaliated, "Ha! So whom do you think deserves to be with her? A man like you, who eyes another man's wife?"

The tension escalated.

In the customs of Midford, a man bowing to a married woman was frowned upon, and Fredrick's inappropriate gesture complicated matters further. From an outsider's perspective, it might appear as though two men were fighting over a woman. Regina wanted to escape the uncomfortable situation as soon as possible.

"Enough, you two," she spoke, raising her voice slightly. She spoke in a slightly louder voice than usual, commanding attention from both men.

Addressing Fredrick, she continued, "Fredrick, I will send for you. Let's resume our discussion at a later time."

Turning to Alexandro, who stood protectively by her side, she said, "Take me home." Her voice softened.

Alexandro, who had rushed to Regina's side upon learning about her dangerous encounter with the Scorpion gang, understood her request and acquiesced. "As you wish," he replied.

Fredrick's heart ached as he watched Regina leave with Alexandro, feeling a pang of jealousy and regret.

1