Episode 25 (Part 2) – Judgement
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Regina and Alexandro strolled out of the restaurant, the evening air carrying a sense of relief after the recent incident.

Sir Philip hastened towards Regina, his face etched with regret. "My lady, I failed to protect you," he admitted, dropping to one knee with a remorseful expression.

Though the timely arrival of the Crown Prince had saved her, Regina acknowledged her own lapse in judgment. She had rushed into danger without proper backup, mistakenly assuming Sir Philip would follow her.

Speechless, she watched as Alexandro drew his sword and swung it through the air with calculated precision, his anger palpable. "Your negligence towards your duty merits consequence," he asserted, his blade aimed dangerously close to Sir Philip's throat, a hair's breadth from a fatal strike.

Unflinching, Sir Philip braced himself for whatever judgment his master saw fit to deliver.

Regina acted swiftly, pressing her hand against the arm that held the sword. "Wait," she interjected, her voice unwavering as she met Alexandro's gaze. "He is my knight, and the authority to dictate his punishment rests with me." Her pride as a master was evident in her upright stance.

Reluctantly, Alexandro withdrew the blade, returning it to its sheath.

Regina found herself torn between rationality and emotion as she considered the appropriate penalty for Sir Philip. Despite her inner conflict, she knew that he had not erred intentionally.

Addressing Sir Philip in a commanding tone, she posed her query. "I remember commanding you to follow me to Vailem Streets. Speak, why did you fail to reach us in time?"

Sir Philip's gaze remained fixed on the ground as he explained in a pleading tone, "I humbly apologize, my Lady. Following your orders, I swiftly arranged a horse and set out for Vailem Streets. However, fate crossed my path with that of the Crown Prince's. He was en route to apprehend the Scorpion gang members who were headed for the same location."

Regina's thoughts connected the dots. "So that's how Freddy ended up at General Xavier's residence," she mused.

Sir Philip continued, recounting his tale. "The Crown Prince questioned my direction and purpose. I revealed your location to him. Apprehending the danger, he urged me to delay no further and raced ahead to the General's residence. Simultaneously, I dispatched a messenger bird to alert the Duke. Upon my arrival, I observed you departing with the Crown Prince."

As he raised his eyes to meet Regina's, a profound remorse was evident. "I should never have hesitated in my actions. My Lady, I failed you when you needed me most. I have committed a grave transgression, deserving of nothing less than death."

Regina couldn't help but empathize with Sir Philip's guilt and his sense of duty. Although she had no intention of taking his life, the circumstances demanded retribution, lest Alexandro acted impulsively.

"While your dereliction of duty endangered my life," Regina began, "your encounter with the Crown Prince inadvertently benefited me. I shall spare your life this time, but not without consequences. You are hereby suspended from your duties for three months, and your allowances shall be withheld for a year."

Tears welled in Sir Philip's eyes, gratitude mingling with relief. He bowed deeply before Regina, his voice sincere. "Thank you, my Lady."

Alexandro's stern expression from the background remained unchanged. His gaze was sharp as a wolf's, demanding a different form of resolution. Despite his disapproval, he remained silent, allowing Regina's judgment to stand.

"Regina, let us return home," he said, taking Regina's hand in his own, his grip firm and reassuring. Together, they walked towards the awaiting carriage.

1