Drake and the Dragon, part 4 (10)
132 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          “What do you mean you’ve seen men naked before?” Claire asked and Craine nodded along with her.

          It seemed to Lilith that people this world simply were not as… I guess the right word would be spicy? Less vulgar there you go. That’s the word. It seemed that people that go outside in nothing but their undies wasn’t a thing.

          Just as she was about to answer that she had been a part of the military before, and the showers were shared, there came a knocking at the door. Lilith looked at the door and then to the two of them. Both Claire and Craine had confused looks on their faces.

          “I wonder who that is? “I’ll let them in,” Claire said as she walked towards the door.

          When she opened it, it turned out to be Drake. Drake had a very serious expression. He asked if he could come in. Claire let him in and he sat down on the floor in front of Lilith. He then proceeded to prostrate himself before her.

          This whole event simply confused the group and Drake then made it even worse by turning up his head and looking Lilith in the eyes. he then started to speak. His voice carried urgency, like it was a matter of life and death.

          “lady Von Cleo, I would like you to come with me and talk with the village council. I know I asked you if you would like to come by earlier, but my father hasn’t come back in a while. We fear the worst,” he begged.

          It was true that the mayor hadn’t been seen in two weeks but begging her to come to a meeting was a bit much. It also seemed like at first he was simply interested in getting into her pants but this changed.

          She didn’t know what it was but it was unnerving. He had noticed something and acted on that new knowledge. Sure, that was a good sign that he was a good leader, but it was also unnerving. How had he learned whatever it was he learned?

          “Why, may I ask do you want me to come before the council? I just arrived at the village and haven’t really done anything,” she asked.

          Drake thought for a second, he could lie and tell her he sensed her strength the moment he saw her. But he knew that she wouldn’t listen to that. At first when he saw her, he thought why would such a pretty woman come to such a backwater town. But last night he had seen her run at a speed that he couldn’t even qualify.

          “I saw you enter the village at the end of the night. I was going for a midnight stroll because I couldn’t sleep. But then I saw you. You ran so fast I couldn’t even see the steps you took,” he finally relented.

          “Oh, I didn’t expect you to say that,” she said, “did you tell anyone else?”

          “Yes, yes, I did. It was so I could get advice from my council to better assess the situation. Nothing more,” he said.

          Lilith didn’t know what to say. She was simply flabbergasted at this. She had sensed someone when she arrived back home, but thought if she moved fast enough no one would see her.

          She looked back to Claire and Craine. They seemed to not know hat to do or say. It seemed to her that she could either go with Drake to the meeting, or stay here and eat breakfast.

          It was one or the other and she wasn’t hungry. She had decided to go with Drake to the council meeting. It was a gamble, seeing as she didn’t know how they would react to her being a non-human.

          She of course had earned the trust of Anne’s family by saving her. But she hadn’t earned the trust of the whole village. That’s what she was afraid of. She wanted to live here. As it was, this was the only place she knew was safe in this world. She didn’t want to get kicked out, is what the author is trying to say.

          “Ok, I’ll come with you. When is this meeting? Do I need to come right away?” she asked.

          Drake jumped up and down in joy. He seemed to be very happy that she had accepted his request. He then stopped as if just noticing how happy he was acting. He coughed into his hand and straightened his back. This made him look about as un-embarrassed and un-abashed as a dog that just found out pooping on the carpet was bad.

          “Thank you for accepting my invitation. The meeting is going to start as soon as I come back with you. At least that is what we agreed upon. Me and the rest of the council that is,” he told her.

          Now, one might realize that Carrion was nowhere to be found. This was because he was currently in the blood forest, gathering blood packs for Lilith so she wouldn’t need to hunt as much.

          She had gone with Drake right after Claire had shown her how to start the stove. Both her and Drake were walking to the meeting hall. This place was rather old looking. Not as old as some of the buildings in Europe mind you, but old non-the-less.

          He had made some passing remarks on her appearance and was now just openly staring at her cleavage. He had asked her out while they were walking and she stated that she wasn’t interested in him. He asked what kid of men she liked, and she responded with, “I like women”.

          Now that had spooked him for whatever the reason and he had stopped asking questions. While she didn’t mind the fact that he had stopped pestering her he was making this awkward.

          “you can stare if you want. I don’t mind. The whole reason I look this way is to be gazed at like a work of art,” she had said.

          She simply wanted to break the ice with a line that would confuse the man. But he hadn’t even batted an eye and started staring at her chest. Of course, she didn’t mind it all too much at first but now she was getting uncomfortable.

          “you can stop staring now, if I remember what you said this is the hall,” she said.

          Drake soon realized that he was standing in front of the meeting place and went up the steps to the door. He beckoned her to the place and opened the door. The inside of the building looked to have been redecorated I the past. In fact it looked to have been changed multiple times.

          The room at first glance looked like a school. Though she soon realized it was a school most of the time as was common for small towns like this. They must use it as a school most of the time.

          The central table was shaped like a massive letter u. the large dip facing the back wall. The two vertical lines pointing at the door. Multiple chairs were put around the table. Three on each side. Three at the back.

          The three on the left had three people that looked the same age as her, that being in their twenties. The three on the right were what one would consider elders.

The first man on the left was bald and had no shirt on. He seemed proud of his muscles. The second man was sly looking and seemed to be eyeing her chest the most out of all the people here. The third man on the left looked to be completely normal and was just drinking his tea like a guy who had just gotten into something he should not have.

The three people on the right were next and they seemed all to be old for the people in this world. The first old person was also staring at her, but in a strange light. Like he had just seen a ghost. The next older gentleman seemed to be asleep. He had a bald spot on the back of his head. The final person also seemed to be staring at her, but he had a perverted old look on his face.

Drake walked up to the back of the table and sat down on the middle chair. At the quiet sound of the chair creaking the second old man woke up. He looked at Lilith, seemingly by chance, and screemed.

9