Drake and the Dragon, part 5 (11)
135 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Drake walked up to the back of the table and sat down on the middle chair. At the quiet sound of the chair creaking the second old man woke up. He looked at Lilith, seemingly by chance, and screamed.

The other old man that had been looking at like she was a ghost also yelled out and scrambled off his seat and grabbed at his cane by the side of the chair he had been seated at.

“IT’S A GHOST!” He screamed and took a swing at Lilith.

This startled her of course and she dodged the slow swing. The old man who had just woken up a took a second look at her and seemed to realize she wasn’t a ghost and looked at the armed old man.

“Jameson, she’s not a ghost! Stop swing that thing at her or I’ll thwack you!” burst out the old man.

Jameson looked at her a second time and shook his head. Running at her again he took yet another swing. Expect this time the cane glowed. He became much faster. Though not fast enough to catch her off guard.

She kept dodging each swing as he picked up the pace till he was not but a blur. She simply kept dodging each and every swing till it looked like she had had enough. She grabbed the cane and looked at the shocked old man’s face.

She glanced back at the seat the old man had knocked over and looked back. He was trying to pry the cane from her hands. It was at this point that things cooled down. Or they would have if Lilith was normal.

She pulled the old man close and gave him a chop to the neck. At this he fainted and she sat him down in his chair that the other old man had set back up for him.

It was then that she noticed that everyone was staring at her and she seemed to be the only one not confused by the whole series of events. Hopefully the readers can follow this whole development. The author doesn’t have any editors.

“Miss Lilith, how were you able to follow old Jameson’s movements? He’s the strongest elder at the table,” asked Drake.

It would seem that the ordeal wasn’t over. The looks on the faces of the council members said that that was a great and skillful thing to do. The buff man with no shirt on looked at her lie one would size up an opponent. The sly man had a pale face like he had just imagined himself getting put into a ring with her. The normal man seemed like he wanted to be here even less.

The old man who had been just woken up from his sleep tilted his head back and took in a deep breath. A soft breathing sound came from him. It seemed like he had fallen asleep again. The pervy old man had started to look at her with even more perverted eyes.

“well if you want to know how I was able to follow his movements is simple. He was too slow,” she responded to Drake’s question.

At this answer the whole group of people started to clamor. The younger council members seemed to be in awe of her at this. While the only elder awake seemed to have a conniving look on his face.

Then a loud knocking sound resounded about the room. It was Drake and he seemed to have a hammer that wasn’t there before in his hands. He silenced the group with a look.

“The reason I have asked Miss Lilith Von Cleo III is because of that great strength right there. My father has gone missing and I wish to see him again. I believe that all of you know why I am called Drake. My father made a deal with the great dragon Gluthtatta,” he explained.

This knowledge confused Lilith. In the game there were dragons and dragon lords. Dragon lords were intelligent and the normal dragons not. That must be different in this world.

“On my 18th birthday, I would be given to the dragon as a sacrifice. This is a tradition that has gone on for many years, as long as this village has stood here,” he said, “but my father has said that when my birthday came, he would sacrifice himself to the dragon for my sake.”

At these words the whole room stirred once more. It seemed that the council didn’t like this. The young people kept saying things like they should go and kill the dragon. The only elder awake was chewing his nails like a coward.

Raising his hands over his head he yelled out, “I wish to save my father and reclaim him from that dastardly dragon!”

The entire room fell silent. Round the silence went across the room, and across the floor. Many seconds passed. It seemed like the silence would last forever.

If one looked at it in a negative light from the council’s POV, then he would have looked like an idiot. But if one looked at it from Lilith’s POV then it would simply be a quest to kill a dragon.

The Dragons in the game often were just strong enemies. Often a bandit could kill a dragon. Dragons were always named enemies. That meant that they didn’t level with the player. Lilith once saw one of her small towns take down a dragon in the morning and go right back to doing their now bugged out routine.

Of course, in this world there were no levels. The simple fact that Lilith was thinking like this made it clear that she had no grip on how her power in this world worked. Everyone was now looking at Drake and he smiled like he liked al the attention.

“Now that I have your attention, may I ask that you all look on Lilith Von Cleo III once more. She is very powerful as you have all seen. And from what I can tell with her around we have a fighting chance at killing the Dragon! who’s with me?” he let out in all one breath.

“no, I think that going out there to rescue your father would be a fools errand,” said the sly man.

At this every man here told him no. that killing a dragon was an exercise in futility. That he should just learn how to be mayor a deal with it. but not Lilith. She wanted to meet this dragon and learn all she could about the new things around her in this strange world.

“We can still go and kill the big lizard if you want,” said Lilith causing all the clatter in the room to stop.

Calling a dragon a lizard was like calling a great king an ape. It was simply foolish. If you wanted to die by public execution you would say something like that. That simple fact was lost on Lilith though. Common sense such as not eating the sap from trees was not in her head at all.

“Lilith, do you know what you just said? Because it doesn’t seem like it did,” inquired Drake.

Lilith thought for a minute and then seemed to remember something. Dragons for the most part in fiction were intelligent. In the game only some were. They must all be sentient like most fictional dragons then.

“Tell me, is this dragon intelligent or not?” she asked.

The whole room looked shocked at this. It seemed like they hadn’t realized that Lilith didn’t know much about dragons. Drake spluttered for a moment and then soon realized that everyone was looking at him to explain it to Lilith.

“Yes, yes, this dragon is intelligent. Tell me, did you not know any dragons were intelligent? It seems like you don’t know much about the world. Are you even human? Because it seems like you don’t know common stuff about the world only a race that secludes itself wouldn’t know,” he asked.

9