Killing the Dragon, part 1 (12)
157 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4: Killing a Dragon

          She had to explain to them that she was a leader of an entirely far away land. So far away in fact, that it should be considered an entirely different world. The room had erupted in a loud cacophony of voices and disagreements.

          She also told them she wasn’t human. But she didn’t tell them what she was. When they asked, she simply told them it was none of their business. The rest of the day was really only her explaining to Drake and the rest that she had killed dragons before, and that it was rather easy.

          Now they had just left the building and went to the local barracks to gather weapons and military supplies. When they entered the building the only people there were a group of three guards and a young girl standing between them all.

          When the guards noticed both of them they saluted Drake and Lilith. They then went back on talking about something. Lilith could hear what they were talking about but had no context for what they were saying.

           The stuff they were talking about included something about a townwide dance. It seemed to be a local festival. The other thing they seemed to talk about was getting the little girl to talk to the boy she had a crush on. It seemed like the girl didn’t have the courage to ask him to dance.

          Now as they were walking toward the armory, one of the three guards broke off from the others and asked Drake who Lilith was and why were they here. He simply said that they needed supplies and the like. This seemed to appease the guard and he went back to the conversation they were having.

          He told the others and one of the taller guards who seemed to be a veteran at this job smacked the back of his head. They started arguing about something. Lilith couldn’t hear them as they had just entered the armory.

          After about an hour of discussing what they needed, Drake grabbed an unstrung bow and three quivers of the most expensive and durable arrows he could get. They were simply high-carbon steel arrows. But he said they would do the job well enough.

          She had never fought the dragons of this world before so she took his word for it. he asked her if she needed anything but said no. she could make blades and other weapons out of blood.

          In fact the weapons she used were either realistic or complete fantasy hogwash. The main weapon she used when on this form was a Viking Saex, and a mace that could extend from the shaft it was attached to.

          All in all, she was prepared. Though, she didn’t remember how many potions she had, that didn’t matter right now though. What mattered was where they were going. The dragon was apparently on the only road to the rest of the kingdom.

          In fact, the capital was right outside the small lake that was right across from the capital of this province. This was to make escape easy and simple. She was tempted to just go there right now but they needed to tell Carrion and Anne’s family about them moving out.

          She also needed a drink. Not blood, but alcohol. Maybe some wine. After all, her parents had left her with land in Alaska and a wine cellar full of vintage wine. She didn’t know how they obtained it but she had had a couple bottles of the stuff on Christmas. It was good.

          She was currently back at Anne’s house, grabbing things from her inventory. Anne, Claire, Vravse, Craine, Ophelia, and Drake were all looking at her as if she had grown another head. The things she was pulling out of her inventory would be classified as world treasures here.

          Though there was random junk in it too. The main stuff being pulled out was effectively mid items according to Lilith. But the others saw this differently. Some of these items included but were not limited to:

          “Fruit of everlasting life”, “Skulls of Crystal”, “potions of hourly mana regeneration”, enchanted armor, enchanted weapons, and finally, creepy silicon masks from the Halloween event.

          They seemed to be confused on what she was looking for. If you are wondering what she was looking for then I will tell you. It was Blood Wine. This alcohol was a mix of:

blood, natural chemicals that stopped blood from congealing, and bloodberry wine.

          If you’re asking if this is a different bloodberry from the kind of earth you would be right. The berries of earth are from warmer climates than the blood berries of the game. The berries from the game tasted like blood and used to ward off herbivores and draw in carnivores.

          Carnivores’ stomachs are not made to process the seeds of the fruit as it is not meat. So this serves to help spread the seeds of the plant without the danger of it being processed in the stomach of a plant eater.

          Of course, humans had to ruin this and used it to make wine for vampires. This wine tasted delish to their taste buds and was a favorite of many vampires and Xenopires.

          “Ah, I found it! the blood wine!” Lilith said as she finally pulled out the blood red bottle of wine.

          She stuffed everything else into her inventory and plopped it down onto the table. It made a loud click as it was set down. The label of the bottle shining with gold leaf. The wax seal at the top makes it seem about as important as one’s inheritance.

          “What is it?” asked Anne, tilting her head as she looked at the bottled glee.

          Lilith looked at her and smiled. It wasn’t every day in this world she was explaining a common item. Most of the time alcohol in fancy bottles was piss poor stuff. The owners of the brand seeing fit to drive home that it wasn’t trash. But this wasn’t all to fancy in the game. In fact, it was a down-right humble bottle for what was inside.

          “This is blood wine,” answered Lilith, “it is made for my race explicitly. So can’t have any. Well, you couldn’t have any wine anyway, seeing as you are but a little girl.”

          Anne’s parents tilted their heads at this. It was normal for kids here to drink watered down booze. The whole drinking age was a rather new concept in Lilith’s world. And in this world, it wasn’t even a thing.

          She used a knife to pull the wax off of the top of the wine bottle. You may be wondering why she didn’t just use a corkscrew. And to that I say the family didn’t have one. The cork lay underneath the wax and Lilith groaned as she realized her mistake.

          Using her Xenopire powers she made a corkscrew out of blood. Then she used it to uncork the top of the wine bottle. A fragrant smell escaped the top of the bottle. It was said in the game to smell like fresh blood and that’s exactly what it smelled like to her. The others except Anne gagged and stepped back from Lilith and the bottle of pure bliss.

          “you don’t want any?” she asked while tilting her head, “well then more for me!”

7