Killing the Dragon, part 5 (16)
115 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          At this point, she was ready to just give in to her ego and start to blather on and become her pope self. the self she hid behind the normalcy. so she took a grand pose and looked up to the sky. Breathing in deep she let out:

          “Rise my followers! Rise and be my sword and shield! Rise and strike my foes with bloodied hands and cull the forces that wish to tear us asunder!”

          She was just about to start talking to her new sworn in men about the glory of Teckt. But she stopped herself as she had noticed the guards looking at her funny. She then realized what she had done.

          She had just slipped into a personality that hadn’t come out since her time in the military. During her time in the military, she connected with the religious side of herself. When she got out of the military, she moved to Alaska.

          During her time there, she heard that her parents had died and left her a large sum of money and a large sum of booze. She later started to become more of a hermit. Later, she started to play online games on PC and console.

          This was how she socialized with people. If one asks what she did for a living you’d be surprised. She was a park ranger. More precisely she worked at Gates of the Artic national park.

          Going back to the now, she looked back at her new soldiers. She decided since they had now become her new men, she could let them go. As she walked over to the bandits and untied them. She had just put rope around them, so this was kind of rhetorical.

They all still kept themselves bowed down to the ground. While they all seemed to be loyal for whatever reason, the guards weren’t convinced. Or they were just creeped out and didn’t say anything.

“Now everyone, come with me and I’ll introduce you all to my trusty thrall,” she said looking at the standing crowd of men.

As she was about to start running to the campsite Drake and Carrion were at she stopped yet again. She thought to herself about how she was about to get these new followers of Her’s to said campsite.

Putting a finger to her chin she pondered this. It was about forty miles she had run. Yes, forty miles. So, she decided to use her Xenopire powers to teleport them there.

She then remembered. That wasn’t an ability of Lilith’s. it was the power of another PC. So she did the next best thing. She put them in her inventory. One could carry living butterflies in their inventory, so why not people.

As they were sucked into the endless void of her inventory, she heard some weird phrases trickle out of her followers’ mouths.

“I’m going inside the Mistress, could this new day get any better!?”

“I hope someday we get to carry her instead of her carrying us.”

And then finally someone who was just down bad:

“gods, I want my head in between her thighs!”

This was going to be pretty strange. After she had gathered them into her inventory, she looked back at the guards to see them blanched. They seemed like they were extremely shaken up. That was understandable, she thought to herself.

Now, if one would to look at this scene in would seem like she just sucked them all into a black hole. And she began to feel the pull of a black hole, or something similar, as she began to walk.

If she remembered right, she was over encumbered. Those men at least weighed 200lbs each. she could only sigh and look into herself for stuff to drop. There she found several things that she considered junk, but the people of this world considered treasure.

Like a hole ass fountain made of bronze. A bag of socks spun from golden thread, that was a quest item that she could now let go of. In fact, why didn’t she just look through the quest items and pull those out.

She began the process and by the end of it the whole road was blocked by priceless junk. This seemed to shock the guards even more into a stupor. Lilith then ran all the way bac to the camp. It took a couple minutes as she had used a buff to well, buff herself and go faster.

When she got back Carrion and Drake were swapping stories about some adventures they had gone on. Carrion was telling Drake the story of when Lilith had become a Xenopire as she had made him before she had become one.

This story intrigued him as the gods of this world were all known to hate each other. Except for the dwarven gods, they just built things. Nobody knows why. Even themselves with their bushy beards and heads full of rocks and their ale filled mugs.

As soon as she got there the two stopped and looed at each other. They seemed to have connected in something though Lilith didn’t know what. She just shook her head and pushed those questions for the later.

It was now time to release her new followers. As soon as she opened her inventory and dropped them onto the ground she heard Carrion grumble. All the men looked around and as soon as they spotted Lilith they dropped back to the ground in reverence.

This scared Lilith as she had not seen this coming. Her religious side had gone back into the folds of her brain, and she looked at them with embarrassment. Then Carrion broke the ice.

“Who the fuck are… no I don’t care. Mistress, why ae these men kowtowing before you?” he asked, already knowing the answer.

“These are your new peers and my new followers,” she answered back, “treat them well. We need them for the battle with the dragon.”

He simply face-palmed and then put that hand to his brow. He was about down with her antics for the day, so he looked to the new followers and simply looked back at his mistress.

She seemed put off by this behaver but kept it to herself. The men still on the ground she walked over to them. With but a sweep of her hand the lot of them fell under Carrion’s direct command.

For anyone who doesn’t know yet, Vampires and Xenopires can take command of anyone and anything that gives themselves to that individual. That means that the men that had sworn themselves to her were now technically her thralls.

The, what used to be bandits, looked about themselves. They had sensed the change in their minds and looked to their new commander. Carrion also looked back at them. Most of the thralls shuddered. From now on they will be called thralls.

The thralls seemed to want to be under the command of Lilith but that wouldn’t be given to them. Carrion then looked at Lilith and she simply nodded and said:

“They are now my thralls; I wish to have them help us with killing the dragon and after that they shall repent for their banditry by serving as my followers. Do you have any questions?” she asked.

Carrion had several but he held it in. Drake was simply gawking at the whole thing. He seemed shocked by it and was holding back his excitement and questions.

They finally had enough people to be able to kill the blasted dragon that had taken his father. He was ecstatic. He was filled with so much joy that he was nearly bursting at the seams.

“But first, we must equipe them with better gear,” said Lilith.

“Of course,” said Carrion and the thralls in unison.

He looked at them and they looked back with power and a strange gleam in all their eyes. It seemed they were jealous of him, though he did not know why. Lilith pulled even more things from her inventory. It seemed to the thralls that the gear that was pouring from the strange hole in the air was the stuff they would be equipped with.

By the time that the stuff was down coming from her hole, yes those are the words I typed, the eyes of the thralls all gleamed with a lustful gaze. Or more actuate would be greed.

“Dig in!” she said.

4