Killing the dragon, part 6 (17)
112 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They had all taken things from the pile of priceless loot and now they were right outside of the dragon’s layer. If one were to look at them right now, they would blanch. At least, if the person was from this world.

Lilith had explained that she was going to get them matching uniforms after this whole thing. The thralls when they heard this, hurrahed, and cheered. Now if only she knew how to make stuff.

Though, she remembered that she had had Carrion learn how to blacksmith before, so she wasn’t worried about it. the mouth of the cave entrance looked man made. If not for the statues of the dwarves on the sides of it, she would have thought it to be human made.

The thralls had started to get used to their new weapons and armor on the way here. She could see that they were getting giddy at the thought of even more gear in the dragon’s cave.

She too, thought that the dragon surely had some good stuff down there. Drake was a little nervous at the thought of fighting a dragon, but he was ready to get this over with.

Now I know that these past chapters were kind of nonsensical. And that there really hasn’t been any straight path to fighting this guy. Some of you might even remember his name and are thinking why I’ve put this off for so long. Well not anymore, this is it!

A great roar came from the bowels of the mine turned cave. The thralls shook a little and they looked to Carrion and Lilith for guidance. In response, Lilith let out a roar of her own.

The roar shook the earth and made the Thralls’ ears ring. But they didn’t care in the slightest. Their mistress was ready and rearing to go. So, they were too. Lilith felt a premonition.

“Get down!” she yelled.

So, the Thralls complied. A great fire and flame came from the cave. Lilith and everyone there could feel the heat. To Lilith it felt like how a stove top on low heat would feel if ne put their hand over it.

To everyone else, it felt like they were being burned by the very flames they had dodged. Except for Carrion. He simply stood tall and toughed it out. While he did so, the dragon flew from the mouth of the cave. He was huge, even Lilith took a step back.

Just as bob the dragon was about to clear the ground, he felt a tug at his feat and a great searing pain. He looked down at the source and took a sharp breath. A man stood there, grabbing his tail.

The man’s fingers dug deep in the dragon’s tail and was the source of this pain. He had never felt it before. This deep pain, it was new. He then notice the source of the disturbance he felt when he awoke. He dropped to the ground and spun, flinging the man off of him.

As he was getting ready to fly once more, he looked to his side. There a woman stood. He paid her little mind and took off. going nearly vertical, he stopped. There, he floated about 1000 yards from the ground.

He looked to the ground below. The woman was gone. Just as he was going to try and breath fire down below once more a cry and a woop came from in front of him.

He looked to the sound and found a blood red raven flying upward. it was about 100 yards above his head until it morphed and turned into the woman he saw.

A massive red sword came nowhere and she held it in her hands. Spinning in place she held the blade at an angle and pushed down with her legs. With the added power and stiffness from her body added to this attack it could no doubt hurt him gravely.

He tried to dodge, but she was too fast. She fell on him, cutting off one of his wings.  A gut wrenching pain assaulted him. He had never felt this amount of pain before. Even when he had fought the champion of Grawn he hadn’t felt this amount of pain before.

He fell to the ground, a crater forming in the middle of the ground. And with that, he was assaulted by the Thralls.

The Thralls fell on him the moment this happened. Many of the weapons they wielded were given to them by Lilith, of course she saw these weapons as trash. But she wasn’t about to say that.

They cut into the scales of the dragon. none of these weapons were made of metals any weaker than mithril. Only a couple were made of a material as weak as mithril. The majority of them were made of admantite. A couple of them were made of even stronger stuff.

Though, he was too large for them to attack effectively. This didn’t stop them though. As they kept wailing on the dragon Carrion held him down. As he did so Lilith fell in front of the dragon.

Carrion had jumped to the front of the dragon and was holding his neck in place. The dragon couldn’t even think straight as the pain racked his body. The dragon scales were strong, but not strong enough to block metals that didn’t even exist in this world.

Lilith looked into the dragon’s eyes, and he stared back. This fight had turned very anticlimactic. Just like the fight between Smaug and lake town in the book, he was killed without even the batting of Lilith’s eyes.

          He couldn’t believe he was about to die like this. Maybe he had done some wrong to the lord of all dragons, the dragon that had stolen power from the gods in order to rise above them.

          As he lay bleeding out on the ground bob thought of one thing, who is this?

          “Who are you?” he asked out loud.

          He was very confused and was getting lightheaded from all the blood loss. It was truly a miracle that he hadn’t died yet. Lilith pondered his question for a minute. She tilted her head to the side and wondered. Then she looked at him with gaze of a noblewoman.

          “I am Lilith Von Cleo III, Champion of Teckt, god of bloodied hands and rest,” she said giving a curtsy.

          And with that answer, he died, eyes rolling into the back of his head. It was rather anticlimactic as I have said before. It was just that, she expected more from him. He was a dragon after all. Though, he was small for a dragon, at least in the game head would have been.

          Maybe he was young? That was probably it. Old dragons were powerful, at least that was in the game. He was rather weak. No, she realized, she was just strong for the averages of this world. The dragons from her world could mop the floor with this guy.

END OF STORY ONE

Except for the intermission so wait for that.

6