Chapter 2 ─ Adventurer E-Rank
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second chapter of this new story.

You can perfectly notice the slow and calm style, precisely to develop the characters so they don't remain flat and empty.

If you wonder how there can be outer gods... just wait and see what surprises, I'll come up with.

From the moment I arrived in this world exactly three months have passed.

I finally have all my knowledge processed and my personality is defined.

According to My Creator's words, my personality should be that of an "arrogant idiot bastard who thinks he is better than others" so that the teachings of the Sword God's style will be more powerful.

I don't quite understand how I can act like that, but that's the way he wants it. And I'll be the biggest arrogant bastard idiot who thinks he's better than everyone else the world has ever seen.

After that day where I was humiliated by the guild master and became an F rank, I understood that being a pretentious guy is no good if you can't show it.

I have to act arrogant, but if I can't show that I'm strong, how can I say I'm strong?

The receptionist Jessica always says "Good morning, rookie F-kun" when she sees me when I apply for a mission. I don't understand that nickname, but it annoys me a lot.

I've spent time trapping cats, collecting weeds and even with other rookies cleaning the sewers.

It's very repulsive and almost humiliating work.

But I must admit, if I can't tolerate the smell of excrement in the place or being stung by bees or even bitten by wild rabbits.

How can I demonstrate the greatness of the Sword God?

I'm afraid she was right in saying that it is necessary to go through rank F. But I must be arrogant, I won't tell her, even if I thank her for it.

The inn I am staying at is a very cheap one, for a night they charge 5 Clair, for a day they charge 10 Clair.

Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?

Well, compared to other inns that charge me double what those knights took from me, this inn is very cheap.

The food is also cheap, it costs only 7 Clair and they even serve you the whole meal, the other inns charge you that extra.

This place is heaven and I'm not just saying that because of who runs it.

After getting dressed, I went downstairs and as usual, it was bustling.

A bunch of old men were making a fuss as usual.

"Mary-chan, another one please."

"Mary-chan, refill my drink."

"Hey, miss, where's my plate?"

But they weren't the bunch of annoying old men you'd think.

They're actually married or single adults who come to breakfast every morning.

"Hi, Hi! I've already brought your orders~."

A beautiful voice came from the back of the kitchen, coming out with several dishes in her hands was the inn's only waitress.

A girl who is a year older than me, she wore a waitress uniform retouched for her personal taste.

The white stockings reached almost all the way up her thighs, showing how plump they were.

The skirt was so short that her bottom was marked in the black fabric.

Her waist was slim and a large ribbon apron decorated her back.

Her arms were bare except for wrist bands.

Her face was beautiful, with bright sky-blue eyes, orange-blonde hair framing her face, and a slight ponytail reaching to her shoulder blade which was tied with a black scarf in the shape of a rabbit's ears.

She is [Mary], the only daughter of the owner of the inn.

Mary was the one who greeted me when I arrived here. I was stunned by her beauty, but it was more her radiant aura that made me agree to stay here without even listening to what she said.

I sat down at the seat of the only available table left.

She noticed me and went to greet me.

"Good morning, Regu-chan. What do you want for breakfast?"

Regu-chan.

That's what she calls me.

It doesn't bother me, but that "chan" feels like she's treating me like a child.

"You don't need to ask that, you always serve me the same breakfast, Mary-chan."

I call her like that as a sign to show that I can annoy her too.

"Geez~. A boy younger than me shouldn't think much of himself."

She said that pouting.

It was really adorable.

The inn besides being a small restaurant is also a bakery.

There is a display on the wall where all the breads made by the landlady are displayed.

This place is staffed by only two people, the landlady and her daughter.

"Mary. Please take this to the customers."

"Coming mum."

Mary said with her cheek to cheek smile.

One thing I noticed after arriving is that most of the people I see have blonde hair and some have white hair.

It seems to be a natural trait here.

Another natural trait I have noticed is this.

The women have big breasts.

Almost everyone I have come across has a huge chest.

Jessica who dresses in a receptionist uniform with a mini skirt and pantyhose also has big breasts, even those tight breasts seem to be there.

Mary also has big breasts, her breasts are so big that the front of her uniform is bare, covering half of the breast, but showing skin.

However, the one who takes the prize for the word huge is her, the landlady [Shannon].

A mature woman in her late 30s.

Like her daughter, her hair is orangey blonde, resting on her right shoulder and reaching her chest.

Her face barely shows signs of entering middle age, she looks very young indeed.

Her eyes are a beautiful jade, greenish color.

Without a doubt the part that really captures my interest is not her decent clothes, but her ample breasts, they are so large that a head could very well be buried there.

The beauty of that woman, together with her wide hips, slim waist and huge breasts makes her look like a goddess.

I would dare to blaspheme that she enters on the same level of perfection as My Creator.

That is how amazing this woman is and she is also a mother.

Because my knowledge is complete, my sexual desire grows when I see this mother or her daughter.

But getting my hands on them would make me a criminal and being one would not only get me killed, it would also make my mission a failure, so I better think about food.

Mary came over with my breakfast.

It was two trays, one of scrambled eggs with toast and ham. Along with a salad with cheese sauce and orange juice.

This was the most delicious thing on the menu.

"Thank you for the food!"

I said and proceeded to devour it.

"Delicious~."

I said with a smile on my face.

The first time I tasted food was some strange berries that gave me stomach cramps.

I thought the food was like this, but it was actually just poisonous berries that I ate I was told, after tasting this food, I felt that I was actually lucky that I didn't die.

"I'll go to the guild to see if there's a job."

"Fare you well~."

As usual, Mary would see me off with her gentle smile while waving her hand.

It seems there aren't many young people here, or at least not her age.

I picked up my weapon, a small sword I bought cheaply at a blacksmith's shop.

I wanted a worthy sword for me, it is very difficult to get one for the materials.

As I walked in the direction of the guild I analyzed the information I got.

The place where I am is a fief, which belongs to a nobleman.

Nobles are important people with favorable treatment.

I, like everyone else here are commoners.

Basically we are trash.

For now, I'll accept it since Luke seemed to be a noble, because I escaped, that noble title got trashed as well.

I and almost everyone in this country are citizens of the [Rosenthal Kingdom], which is one of the three major countries of the [Holloway United Kingdom] which is located in the middle of this continent.

I also learned that there are more countries and around them there are other continents which are ruled by the [Four Empires].

For now, I have no use for that as they are thousands of miles away.

But according to the information gathered, the [Great Avrora Empire] is causing the biggest problems as it is rumored that there are spies infiltrating the kingdom.

Again, I am not interested as it is none of my business.

Before I knew it I arrived at the guild.

I walked in and went straight to the reception desk, there was Jessica with her usual smile for everyone.

"Hello, nice day isn't it?"

"It's a nice day, newbie F-kun."

She removes her smile when it comes to me, she looks like she resents me.

I resent that nickname a lot, but I can't force her to change it.

"What missions are available today?"

"About that..."

She reached down and pulled out a cone-like object, pulled its string and it exploded.

"Congratulations, you have completed the three-month trial successfully. You will no longer be an F-rank but an E-rank."

I was happy to hear that I will no longer be an F rank.

"Oh, does that mean I'll be able to do different missions?

"Yes. And you'll also stop being a rookie F-kun and become a beginner E-kun."

"That's even worse!"

"Fufu, you deserve it for being a pretentious brat."

She said that while touching my nose.

I noticed how she placed her breasts on the counter to bend over, it was wonderful.

"F-rank quests you can do if you like, once you rank up you can do quests of a lower rank."

"But adventurers with a lower rank feel it's demeaning to do that as it hurts their pride. Man stuff."

She said while showing disappointment.

I went to the board where the quests were posted, there I found a curious one of B rank.

"Wanted son of a missing nobleman, reward is..."

For some reason I didn't want to read any further.

I resumed my search and saw it.

"I want this one."

Jessica came over to read.

"Let's see..."

"Catch bandits attacking merchants late at night on the outskirts of the city. It's a rank E mission, but it's a co-op mission."

"Co-op?"

"They are missions that are done in conjunction with other adventurers, a group is often recommended in order to achieve a successful outcome and ensure that the required job is completed without a problem."

"I see."

Sounds interesting but I don't want comrades.

"Do you have partners to carry out this mission?"

I was about to tell her no, when I understood that if I told her that it would be the end of me.

She wouldn't let me take the mission then.

"O-Of course I do. I have partners."

She stared at me, smiled after she said "In that case it's no problem."

"Your card to make the change from F to E rank."

I gave her my card and she took out the same silver tray with black liquid, placed it in there and recited a spell.

The black liquid is she told me was ink from a floating mollusk that is used to make these changes.

It glowed and then I noticed how the letter F changed to an E.

Another detail I noticed was that, unlike before, my name came out as [Luke Zora Bruneford], as the drop of blood recognized my previous identity.

I explained that it was a mistake and she said nothing, making a change to Regulus, but not before saying to me.

"Are you sure it's a mistake?"

"Y-Yes."

She looked at me with a look of disbelief on her face.

But she thought nothing of it and changed my name.

"Please tell your partners to write down their names so that we can complete the record of who takes the mission."

"I-I understand."

I sighed after looking for E-rank adventurers willing to pretend to be my companions.

They were going to another city so lending their names was no problem without payment.

After paying those three about 20 Clair, Jessica accepted.

The mission will give me about 80 Clair for completion.

I cannot fail.

That's why before I go to the place where the robberies happen I'm resting at the inn.

The reason it is cheap to charge is because there is hardly anyone there.

Adventurers look for inns where they can leave their stuff and go straight to the guild and back.

This inn is far away from the guild.

Normally it is rare for an adventurer to stay here.

Maybe that's why Mary treats me so kindly so I won't leave.

Being in my room was very boring, I had nothing to do there unless it was time to sleep.

That's why I used to practice my handwriting in a notebook I bought.

Writing and reading are important things so it's a luxury.

"Wow, Regu-chan, can you read and write?"

Mary came up to me, I was watching her wiping the tables, it was a nice feeling to see her butt wiggling back and forth.

"Well, I'm no expert, but I'm trying to get better."

"That's amazing!"

She said jumping up and down in delight.

Her breasts bounced in joy too, one more time please.

"Thanks to my mother I know the basics of writing, even for her I know how to add and subtract, although I'm terrible at multiplication."

Without even saying anything to her, she sat down.

This would be invading my personal space if I were any kind of idiot.

"By the way, where did you live before you came here?"

"Why the interest?"

"Buh. You're the only one coming here who's about my age and you're not an old man."

Speaking of which, why don't men try to harass Mary or her mother?

According to My Creator's information, a mother and daughter alone should be subject to harassment by old men, but those guys are respectful to them.

"Well... I am from a small town and I embarked to be a great adventurer and become the Sword God and conquer the world."

After telling a lie with the truth, she looked at me in astonishment, then her mouth made a strange gesture and she burst out laughing.

Of my mission.

"Hahahahahahahahahaha, you are amazing indeed! The Sword God, now that's some serious ambition hahaha."

Hey, don't laugh. For some reason I feel hurt if you say it like that.

But after laughing, she spoke to me seriously.

"Even so. If that's what you wish for, I'm sure you can achieve it, after all, we all have the right to dream."

"For example. I want to visit the capital, I heard from a traveler that the capital is huge, there are many things you never thought of seeing."

When she spoke, a gleam in her eyes lit up making her look pure as a lily flower.

"I have always been here, my mother says she was the mistress of a nobleman and he abandoned her. She ended up in this place and opened a bakery."

"Sometime later we had money and opened an inn."

"I don't feel any remorse in not leaving like the other girls I knew as a child, as my mother would be left alone and no one would be there to support her."

"If I make a lot of money... and even if I marry a wonderful man, I will take my mother to live with me in the capital."

"I want her to be happy."

"You love your mother very much, don't you?"

As I asked her that, she smiled at me from cheek to cheek, because the window was open, light came in and it seemed that a golden aura covered Mary in its entirety.

"I love her. It's because of her that I can know this world."

"I'm 16 years old, I have a long life to know the world."

Listening to Mary made me understand that my mission is important, but if I don't get to experience this world.

What good would it do to spread the name of the Sword God?

It is no use for everyone to know you when you know nothing about them.

When I die I will be forgotten, but if I can meet the world and leave a good impression on them, I will make my legacy last for centuries.

"Thank you Mary."

"What are you thanking me for?"

"Thanks to you, I understood that exploring the world is more vital to my mission than I thought."

"I don't understand what you're talking about, but I'm glad I could help."

"What are you two talking about?"

"Ah, Mom."

Shannon came out of the kitchen with a tray, there were three cups of tea.

As she walked, I marveled at the bounce of her ample breasts.

No doubt seeing maternal breasts and her daughter's breasts is a gift to be thankful for.

"Regulus-kun, is my daughter bothering you?"

"Of course not."

"Mum, don't say I'm bothering him!"

She handed us all, the cup of tea.

"Geez, I just wanted to hang out with you guys and wanted to know what you were talking about, or are you bothered by my presence?"

She exclaimed in a sad voice.

"Of course not. We were just talking about unimportant things."

I said that to stop her from leaving.

"Ah, are you saying that what I told you was irrelevant?"

It was a pleasant moment until the night came.

The night came earlier than expected.

I was hiding on a tree branch waiting for a carriage to arrive.

Carriages usually travel by day to avoid bandits.

But there are some merchants or nobles who arrive at night to avoid the morning traffic.

Thanks to spending a week trying to catch a fat cat, I learned to keep calm and thus avoid getting angry at the slow time passing.

I've been in this position for four hours, even avoiding moving so as not to attract the attention of whoever happens to be passing by.

Oh, it seems my wait is over, a carriage is approaching and is escorted by knights.

They were keeping an eye on the surroundings.

When suddenly, a flaming arrow came close to the neck of one.

He died without a doubt, in the surrounding bushes a dozen bandits came out and started attacking the knights.

By the way, the arrow came from a distant tree.

It was a good idea not to move, I didn't notice when they hid.

Maybe because I fell asleep for an hour and just woke up?

No matter, I slowly climbed down from the tree and turned around to approach the guy hiding in the tree who was shooting flaming arrows.

I climbed up quickly and kicked him hard in the back.

After he fell I pulled out my sword and thrust it into his lung.

It was the first time I had killed a human, but I felt nothing.

Maybe it was due to the memory fragments of My Creator, he killed many humans before he became a god.

After killing him I went to the next bandits.

I had improved my swordsmanship.

In fact, a voice in my head said that my sword skills were level 1.

When I reach level 100 I will be equivalent to a real disciple of the Sword God.

I quickly rushed to cut their vital points such as their throats or their eyes in order to cut their bellies.

It was faster than I thought.

In less than a minute I cut almost all the bandits.

One escaped.

Few knights survived, I approached one of them to say.

"Hurry to the guild and tell them Regulus will take care of the bandits."

Before chasing after the one who escaped.

"E-Excuse me."

A voice came from inside the carriage.

The window was down but because of the blinds I couldn't see the face of the person who spoke to me.

But because of the cute tone of voice I intuit that it's a girl... or a boy with a very feminine voice.

"Yes?"

I asked since I didn't want the bandit to escape.

"Why did you let that bandit run away?"

"Obviously it's to find out where his guard is and hunt them all down."

"Hunt them all down? By yourself?"

"Sure. If I want to be the future Sword God, simpleton bandits like these are no threat to me."

I told her and quickly left.

Not before I glanced at the carriage one last time, the shutter moved and it was definitely a girl who was there.

After an intense hour of searching I finally found the bandit who had gone deep into the forest.

There it was hidden by fallen trees to block any intruders who approached.

The cave was covered by roots that could be removed.

After following him, I am sure he will inform the bandit chief and his companions what happened.

"Boss, some idiot killed our companions and prevented us from stealing that carriage."

"What’s? In that case we should kill that bastard."

"You bastards! Let's kill that bastard!"

"Yes!"

I'm sure they must be saying that about me.

Since that's happening now, I can kill them without any problem.

And the problem is that the mission called for capturing the bandits alive to sell them as slaves.

But since I'm defending myself, I can kill them.

It's a perfect plan with no loopholes.

I drew my sword and ran to the entrance of the cave.

There a guy was coming out who was pulling down his pants.

"Huh?"

Were his final words before I slit his throat.

I went into the cave, there were some candles on the roof and some boxes around.

It looked like an abandoned mine.

I kept running and if I saw a bandit, I would cut his throat.

"Who the hell are you? Puah!"

"Intruder! Agh!"

They spotted me a little late, the place is huge and there didn't seem to be any kidnapped victims.

It was strange that there were no naked women scattered everywhere.

Much better, so I can't kill them by accident.

I continued to climb as best I could, cutting the necks and bellies of bandits I came across.

Everything was going well until one of them stopped my sword.

"...!"

I was shocked.

The guy blocked my blow to his neck, I stepped back and attacked again to pierce his shoulder, the guy blocked it again.

Unbelievable, I ran into a bandit who was not weak.

"This is a surprise."

I said to him, I could observe his appearance closely.

He was a middle-aged man no doubt, his clothes were classic bandit clothes with the exception of a black cloak resting over his left shoulder.

I could see his well-trained muscles through his bare, hairy arms.

His beard connected with his sideburns and like his unkempt hair was black in color.

His expression looked like that of a dead man thanks to his dark brown eyes.

To make it worse, he was a smoker.

"How much do you see me brat?"

"Nothing. I was just amazed by the weapon you have."

It was a very rare sword, I first saw it in the blacksmith shop when I bought my sword, if I'm not mistaken, it's called katana.

"This little guy has saved my life several times."

"I see."

I said as I got into a better attacking position.

"It's a pity it's wasted on a bandit; I'll take it from your corpse."

"Hey, hey, those words are pretty strong for a mere brat."

"We'll see about that!"

I was constantly practicing on the trees I attacked, the problem was that trees were not a moving opponent.

I had no choice but to dart to the side and believe they were chasing me.

That training worked, but it's no match for this guy.

In this tight inner space, his long katana should be able to hit the wall, but he manages to move it without any problem even with some boxes around.

"You're not bad at all brat, you lack practice, you have the potential to become a [Sword Master] or even a [Sword Saint] in the future."

(Who cares about those useless titles, I only care about one.)

"I must reject it as it is useless to me."

"Oh yeah?"

He said smiling.

"I don't like killing children, but you are an exception because of how dangerous you are."

Before I could realize it, his sword broke mine.

How did he do it?

He raised his sword to the sky so he could give me the final blow.

"It's over kid, blame it on bad luck that you came here."

"Those words I give back to you!"

I pulled out my secret ace that I hid in case I ran into a troublesome enemy.

It was wrapped in a small leather pouch and I threw it at the bandit.

I stepped back as he slashed at it, a red dust spread in the air.

"Ahh, my eyes! It burns so much!"

It is itch itch powder that I got from a medicinal herb that I was sent to gather.

According to the doctor who ordered it, he says it can be used to run away from dangerous animals.

I always carry a sachet or two with me in case I'm attacked by a wild cat.

The bandit dropped his sword and rubbed his red eyes.

The burning was so intense that I could see his tears coming down.

I took his sword and then gave him a heavy blow in the stomach, then in the neck and finally in the head.

He fell unconscious on the floor.

I was about to plunge the sword into his back when I thought.

(Wouldn't that be a waste?)

(Better to save it for last.)

So I went straight for the other bandits hiding around here.

"Hey, wake up."

After killing all the bandits, I brought the one I left alive to a stream nearby, it seems they were drawing water from here.

I tied his hands and legs and threw him into the stream.

After waiting a bit, I started to see bubble and the guy lifted his head for air.

"I almost died!"

He coughed a little, I pulled him out after that and threw him near a pile of corpses that were his mates.

He was frightened at the sight of them.

He looked at me with fixation.

"Why didn't you kill me?"

"That's what I want to know."

I sat down on a rock and pointed his sword at him.

"I don't know why I left you alive. It's true that you're the first person I've come across who is able to block my attacks."

"Your attacks are simple and without a special training move. You are no different from a child learning to walk."

"Really?"

Then I don't have a swordplay style like others.

That's disappointing.

"Fine, since you gave me that advice, I'll kill you now."

I stood up to put him out of his misery.

"W-Wait a minute kid! Don't you think you're being a little hasty?"

"Why?"

"I kept you alive for a reason, now that I know what it is, I don't need you alive. I can kill you now without beating around the bush."

"That's exactly why!"

"You have no idea of the potential you have. And I'm a Sword Master and I can teach you."

I looked at him with a funny face.

"Begging for your life won't save you."

"Of course I'm begging for my life, but I'm not lying to you. You have potential and as someone who once fought a monster and survived, I can teach you the sword moves you need to improve."

Certainly, I have no one to teach me those moves.

Knights have a license to be swordsmen, it's different from me who doesn't have any of that.

I would have to have a certified swordsman's license to make myself known as a future Sword God.

I looked at the bandit who was pathetically begging for his life.

"Fine, you're right, I'll keep you alive."

"By the way, what's your name?"

The guy introduced himself.

"Russell. Until you killed all my buddies I was the leader of the black bull bandits."

"That's a very ridiculous name."

"Whatever. I'll tell the guild that here are the bodies of the bandits and the stuff they stole."

"Let's go."

"Where to?"

"To the city. I'll make you a slave."

"A slave!?"

I tugged at the rope that was tied in his hands.

"Did you think I would just let you go free without making sure you wouldn't run away?"

"By the way, I'll kill you when I've learned all I need to know... unless I take it back and set you free."

I dragged Russell straight into town.

"This wasn't part of the deal!"

"I care if it wasn't. You're a bandit and you should be thankful you're not dead."

That's how I got my first E-ranked mission without a problem and got my first slave.

Although you may not know it, this old man, this old man is the 2.0 of the best male character in one of my novels and therefore will be the best character in this novel.

Let's move on now to the first general fanservice, Mary's fanservice. As I said before, she is a Lucy 2.0, so no matter how many girls come out, just like Lucy, Mary should steal the hearts of the readers as well as be the perfect waifu from this novel.

Like Lucy, she is a commoner and has no "special" lineage, but unlike her, Mary has an exquisite mother who will delight us more often with her presence.

https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/25119016

2