Chapter 384
3.1k 13 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Y-young master Wang… w-what are you doing?”

“I never liked you Tong, you were also a major cock-blocker…”

Zhang Dong and the others flinched the moment they saw the Soaring Dragon Sect’s young master plunge a demonic-looking dagger through his retainer’s chest. The old man had been tasked with the young man’s protection for quite some time, but he never thought that he would be capable of doing such a thing.

“What is that maniac doing, why would he attack one of his own?”

One of the elders from Zhang Dong’s side called out as they were all slowly edging the Soaring Dragon Sect members to the edge of the barrier through which they were unable to leave.

“Dang… he really only sees these people as spirit points.”

Zhang Dong quickly realized what was the purpose of Wang Long’s action. While normally it would be hard to instantly kill a nascent soul master, Elder Tong let his guard down and was focusing on the enemies in front of him. The dagger that Wang Long was using was also not a simple item as he could feel Tong’s nascent divinity fading quickly as he died.

“...Wang L-long… y-you…”

“Don’t think this is over you fucker, I’ll remember this!”

Wang Long pointed at Zhang Dong with the dagger while his figure started flickering. It was clear that he had killed the nascent soul master to get more points and activated a teleportation feature.

Zhang Dong’s own system had several teleportation options like these. All of them required points to be spent and probably the one Wang Long was using required far more than he had.

‘Bob, can you stop him from teleporting!’

‘Not enough spirit points to comply with the request.’

Was his AI’s reply as Wang Long vanished into the ether. The young master from the Soaring Dragon Sect was sure to flip the bird toward’s Zhang Dong who charged at him but was too slow.

He had managed to go through all those blasted wings but only landed one good hit. Wang Long’s nasty face remained embedded in his mind as he knew that he would be a troublesome foe.

With the system on his side, there was no way of knowing what he could do. The otherworldler was not against killing his own people for points and Zhang Dong feared what that crazy person would do now.

‘He must have teleported back to his own home point.'

Zhang Dong knew well how the people in this world operated but this Wang Long was a big mystery. There was no way of knowing how he would react, would they instantly bring over more people to attack their sect or would they be calmer?

Even though the Soaring Dragon Sect was a huge one, this didn’t mean that they had unlimited resources. The ten late stage nascent soul elders that were here would not be coming back, neither would be the strongest Elder Tong from them all.

This should be a big hit that they would not be able to bounce back that easily. If it was a normal encounter it was even possible for the Soaring Dragon Sect to not do anything out of fear of losing more resources.

It would be easy for their enemies to attack if they diverted their elders towards this sect. They would require more powerful elders of the late and great circle nascent soul level for the next attack as the United Element Sect had shown that they would not go down without a fight.

From his point of view, their enemies would probably petition the other middle sized sects for aid and go into a long-lasting battle while also watching. Their enemies on the other hand could very well contact Zhang Dong’s sect to aid and prolong the fights which would give them well-needed time to advance further.

While these thoughts went through his head he looked to the side. There he saw the remaining late stage nascent soul elders that witnessed their young master murdering their own. Zhang Dong knew that these old men and women here didn’t come here out of their own volition but they were also fine with murdering his whole sect.

“People of the Soaring Dragon Sect, surrender now and we will spare your lives.”

Even then, he felt like giving them an option was the right thing to do.

“Surrender to a lowly sect like you? Don’t listen to them my brothers and sisters, they are but a puny...Ugh…”

Before the old man with the long gray beard could continue he found someone's hand grasping his abdomen. This was Zhang Dong that in a fraction of a second traveled over to him and was now successfully sapping away all of his strength.

“I will not repeat myself, either you surrender or you all will die. You might think that you have a chance of victory but I assure you that you don’t!”

The old man started screaming while his vitality was sucked away. What Zhang Dong was doing might have seemed cruel but he had to show that he was being serious. Thus with the help of his soul core, he started absorbing the man’s nascent soul while the elder was still alive.

This caused the soul beast that belonged to this cultivator to just vanish into oblivion. The remaining group of nascent soul elders were quick to jump in to help their comrade and the battle continued.

He had hoped for a peaceful resolution but it was clear that these people would rather die than have their cultivation be removed. As someone that lived a large chunk of his life as a regular human, this was not something that he understood. There were many things like creating a family and living a fulfilling life that a person could strive for even without being a cultivator.

So the battle continued and with Zhang Dong’s increased strength it was soon over. With more time on his hands, he was able to come to terms with his new power. He was not sure how he would stack about the top experts on the continent but a regular great circle nascent soul master would not give him that much trouble.

With this in mind, he was expecting his next realm to be something entirely different than before. Whatever this small white seed was, it continued to grow and when it sprouted he might have access to something totally different than the nascent soul level.

Due to him visiting the other empire he knew that there were other ways of achieving similar power levels. There were many things that he didn’t know and his system was also unable to recognize where he was heading.

When all was said and done Zhang Dong was left floating up in the sky and looking down on the destroyed remains of Spirit Spring City. This was his home that he helped to create with his own two hands.

While he was saddened by this fact it was fine. What was important were the people that lived in the city. They had been previously evacuated and with some time even this city would be able to recover.

They were also left with a mostly intact defensive system that would allow them to fight back against more intruders. After everyone realized that their sect had managed to fight off ten late stage nascent soul monsters and one in the great circle, they would think twice about attacking.

“Hey, Dong’er… how do I get out of this thing?”

He snapped back to reality as he heard Zhang Jin’s voice calling out to him. The grandfather was still in the large fortress and even to this moment the cannon blasts were going off.

“I’ll be right back…”

“I’ll come with you then.”

Liena moved over next to him and the two flew over to the flying orb of cannons. For some reason, his wife had moved into shoulder-rubbing distance as the two continued with their flight.

“I’m not going to vanish…”

He realized what this was about almost instantly. It was not strange for her to be a bit more clingy, he was gone for five years and the woman was probably still digesting this fact.

“You don’t know that!”

She replied while grabbing part of his robe as if he was really going to disappear. Instead of backing away he just smiled and grasped his wife’s hand. The two then descended down to the entrance, there he used his spiritual energy to activate the mechanism that would eject Zhang Jin from the cockpit.

“Dong’er, it’s really you, I knew you were alive!”

The elevator came up with the old man, now that he was looking at him Zhang Dong noticed that the old man seemed somewhat smaller. It seemed that past these five years he had aged somewhat.

“Yes, it’s good to see you too, gramps.”

Both of them smiled at each other but soon the question came.

“But where were you all these years? We looked for you but could never find a clue, it was as if you vanished from this world.”

Both Liena and Jin looked at him for answers. Before he could reply though a third person appeared from the side and caused quite the rumble.

“Yes, you have a lot of explaining to do, where were you?”

It was Huo Qiang that was covered in the blood of his enemies. There were various wounds all over his body and face included but the large man didn’t seem to care at all.

“I guess I owe you all an explanation but I’m not sure that this is the best moment to do this…”

Zhang Dong looked around and could feel many eyes and ears upon him. While they were in one sect he could not really disclose his secrets easily. He had thought for a long time and finally decided to come clean about his true identity as a person from another world.

While he trusted Huo Qiang, Liena, and his grandfather he was not sure about the other elders from his sect. This was more of a family matter to him and he would like to also inform his disciples about this.

“I need to handle a couple of things first, gather the elders and we will discuss everything soon…”

“Wait… what could be more important than the sect?”

Before Zhang Dong could take Liena to take care of some family business he heard a voice calling out to him. It came from a burly-looking man that resembled his friend Qiang. Behind him were other various elders probably with many other questions on their minds.

“Are you really the Patriarch? We need to…”

This time around Zhang Dong was not really interested in the diplomatic resolution. He could tell that Qiang’s father was unconvinced of Zhang Dong’s disposition as he had been gone for five whole years. While he wasn’t here for that period of time, he was convinced that a power struggle between the sect members was taking place.

“What we need to do, I will decide, now gather up the elders and help the injured!”

Before anyone else could react they felt a massive oppressive aura wash over the whole area. All of them were forced down to their knees as they realized that this Patriarch was a lot more imposing than he was before.

“O-of course Patriarch, we will do as you command.”

With that being taken care of, Zhang Dong looked to Liena. Both of them nodded at each other as they descended from this flying fortress, their next destination being their children.

83