Chapter 545
964 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The enemy has no defenses, attack now, they are all demonic monsters, show them no mercy!”

Shouted out Zhang Jin who set up camp on the large floating golden palace. While his grandson Zhang Dong would like to take in prisoners he knew that it would be childish to think they wouldn’t backstab them. He was assured that a demonic cultivator could be surrounded while hiding a blade behind his back and just waiting for a chance.

Many good people had died this way and he would not make the same mistake. The demons that resided in this place would do the same to them if they had the chance. It was hard for him to even separate the sect and civilians living here. To him, an old man that followed the old ways after winning would have to be purged.

There always existed a chance that someone from the survivors could return strong and with a vengeance. In a world where one person could turn the tide of battle, this was always a possibility. One such person was on his side, Zhang Dong, the United Element Sect Patriarch. Then there was also the other one, Wang Long the Demon King.

While his grandson was already a being of unimaginable power that he didn’t understand, this Wang Long was even scarier. The old man couldn’t fathom what this demonic cultivator could have done to achieve this much power in such a short amount of time. He single-handedly destroyed an old behemoth that was the Soaring Dragon Sect.

This was not something anyone expected to ever occur. This was truly an age of change that would bring another world order. Zhang Jin was unsure what awaited them after this battle was over but he could barely contain his excitement. If they managed to defeat the man that destroyed one of the old big three then it would mean that they could take their place.

While their leader didn’t seem to be aiming for that title, almost all of the elders in the sect desired this prestige. Their leader would be the brother of the Azure Emperor, he even had the birthright to take the whole Empire for himself. This was however something that still needed debating, the Azure Emperor was not weak and they could not know how much this war would set them back.

“Raise the shield output, ram the fortress into that blasted castle, let's see if it has the same defensive capabilities!”

Zhang Jin was the commanding officer of the Golden Dong Palace. He was not allowed to lose or have this magnificent treasure destroyed by the enemy. They were going against a similar type of fortress which was more suited for offense than defense. It had more cannons and could move faster yet if they managed to get in closer then he believed that their victory was assured.

While the two large flying structures were exchanging cannon blasts more fighting was going outside. Large formations looking like water serpents or other bests like emerald birds were going up against a large number of ferocious demonic beings. At the time the battle looked like a stalemate and Zhang Dong was keeping a close eye on his own faction through his system window.
‘Not yet…’

He didn’t like it but his troops needed to last a bit without his help. The other side wasn’t really stronger but they were under the effect of Wang Long’s faction buff. His enemy was probably convinced that it wouldn’t be possible for him to activate it. This wasn’t true, with the help of his golden bastion he would be able to produce the same effect around it. The area wasn’t as big as the one back at his sect but it would be enough to be victorious here.

“Where are you going? Are you really one of those idiots that can only fight when there aren’t any others around?”

Wang Long flew after him on his zombie dragon while shouting. He was right, the two heavy hitters would produce so much collateral damage that it would be safer if no one was near their battle zone. His enemy had probably watched similar scenes playing out in some fiction concerning heroes. It wasn’t strange for them to bring the battle to a desolate area where they could let loose.

“You really bought into this fake game, haven’t you?”

His opponent was different though, he did not concern himself with his own faction. This he presented by stopping in his tracks and pointing his dragon towards one of the buildings on the edge of the outer city.

“Wait, what are you doing?”

“Does this really bother you?”

Without needing to say anything the dragon’s breath attack collided with the structure. Zhang Dong could only watch on in horror as the people that were trying to hide melted instantly. The poisonous and corrosive breath of this creature was enough to turn the whole area into a sludge.

“Seriously? Dude, you really have a hero complex. These ‘people’ aren’t even from your faction, what a retard. How did you even survive for this long?”

“...”

He remained quiet while looking at the pile of sludge before him. Wang Long was berating him probably in the hopes to make him mad but anger was not the emotion that he was feeling.

“You know what your biggest problem is and why you could never beat me?”

“Huh?”

“It’s because you are just a lonely little fuck with a superiority complex, you don’t even try to improve and use the fastest method to get ahead. Do you seriously think I’ve led you here only to save some lives?”

Zhang Dong Pointed out toward the ground that was under his opponent. During his stay here the outer city accommodated him for a few days. This was enough for an expert like him to lay some traps. He had expected things to go wrong and there were contingencies in place for such an occasion. While he didn’t have to use them as his sect arrived to help him now was the time.

Suddenly a strange array of magical symbols appeared below the spot Wang Long was floating over. It produced a spear-shaped golden construct that shot out towards the zombie dragon and its master. This was one of the traps that he had left over, only when Wang Long stopped was it actually worth activating.

The spear of golden light carried a lot of spiritual energy. It was similar to a full hit from Zhang Dong himself and was quite troublesome to hide within this city. Luckily Bob was there to help him hide this trap from Wang Long’s system. It was surprisingly easy as the systems were certainly not made to hide things from other system holders.

The person that created them probably didn’t expect anyone could do it and at least not at this level of power. Zhang Dong was also just lucky, he didn’t have the abilities to tackle this mystery. The real mind behind it all was the old immortal that allowed all of this to happen. In the future he wished to meet this man, perhaps they could talk about old games.

This golden attack which was a mix of magic and spiritual energy collided with the zombie dragon who was under Wang Long. A shield of pungent mist appeared out of nowhere to protect this beast. The attack was strong but it would probably be not enough to pierce through the evolved soul-beast.

Luckily for Zhang Dong, he wasn’t going against a very experienced opponent. Wang Long was someone that steamrolled through everyone while just using the system. His answer to his first big loss was to just get more power. Thus when against such a trap that seemed more dangerous than it actually was, he lost his composure.

There was no need for him to add more energy to the soul beast's shield. It would have been just enough to last through it, instead Wang Long should have been looking toward the opponent that was already charging at him. His attention was down on the sparkling spear while it should have been on his main enemy, Zhang Dong.

Through this blunder, he opened himself up to an attack that was barely evaded. A nick on Wang Long’s neck appeared and the added holy energy seeped into his flesh. Demonic Qi and Holy one didn’t like each other, this would create a chaotic reaction that would literally make his blood boil.

The pain was intense and not something that spoiled brat was used to. Soon came the follow-up attack as Behemoth the golden dragon collided with the creature with exposed flesh. Both of them went tumbling away while snapping and clawing at each other’s faces. Thanks to the radiant light surrounding the golden dragon it was able to last through the corrosive saliva that the other beast gave out. Soon their masters were left alone and the duel between them could finally start.
“You fucker!”

“Don’t talk or you might bite your tongue, junior.”

While the two monster dragons flew down to the ground their masters continued to the opposite side. Zhang Dong was on the attack as he was unwilling to give Wang Long time to react. To his surprise, it wasn’t as easy as he believed it to be. His trap was successful and he managed to dismount his opponent but even now as he was pushing, producing a mortal wound was hard.

“GET OFF ME!”

Wang Long roared out while producing a gigantic burst of demonic energy. This surprised even Zhang Dong, who had to defend himself from the excessive Qi that could even injure him if he wasn’t careful. A large ball of black energy surrounded the entire area and pushed everything to the sides. It was as if a miniature nuclear explosion went off and even the people that were fighting further away could feel everything.

‘Shit, I lost my momentum.’

Zhang Dong covered his face while backing away. The blast was strong enough to propel him backward. His plan was to overwhelm Wang Long with his quick movement and superior technique before he could activate any of his own. Perhaps he was superior in hand-to-hand combat but he was not too sure about the gap when it involved Qi attacks.

The system allowed anyone to get the best of the best without the need for crafting resources and mixing. Thus he wouldn’t wait, while the blast had happened he was already charging up for the follow-up. In his hand, he was holding a golden sword that at this very moment was already cleaving down to sever anything in its path.

A thin line appeared before him as even the dark clouds above them were severed in half. This produced a follow-up blast that brought all fighting around them to a stop. The powerful masters could only look in shock and awe at the battle that was taking place. To them it looked not like something a mortal should be able to produce, this was the realm of immortals.

35