Chapter 779
258 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the midst of their renewed clash, the godly being found himself struggling against a force he couldn’t fully comprehend. Zhang Dong, now fused with the energies of the reborn universe, exhibited a level of control and power that surpassed his opponent’s expectations.

The once-dead space was now alive with the brilliance of newly formed galaxies, planets, and celestial bodies. Life had taken root, and the void was no longer empty. The godly being, caught off guard by this unexpected turn of events, realized that Zhang Dong’s had not only rejuvenated the universe but also harnessed its power to somehow bolster his own cultivation level. It was not something that he thought was possible and his tone was filled with rage.

“How? How could a lowly clone do something that I wasn’t capable of? This makes no sense!”

He refused to accept that his creation could surpass him. Why could Zhang Dong wield the power of this dead space when he couldn't? His body had lingered here for many years, yet he had never uncovered the method to restart life. In his perspective, this was merely a fluke. He was vastly older than the fragment he had created and had accumulated an unfathomable amount of power. Now was the moment to utilize it all and reclaim his rightful place as the sole god in this domain.

“It's not about being a clone or an original. It's about understanding the essence of life, embracing change, and becoming a part of something greater than yourself. You were too focused on your power and control, but true strength lies in harmony with the universe and with other beings around you. It’s not strange that you couldn’t see the answer, even when it was right there, before you.”

The universe was filled with new life that was jump-started by Zhang Dong’s Dao of life. His power that was being suppressed by this place was now being empowered by it. The two beings clashed again and he could feel that it was now possible, victory was at his fingertips.

As the battle raged on the two beings started tossing celestial bodies at each other and producing strikes that could destroy solar systems in one hit. The angry god unleashed all of his hidden power and transformed into a strange grotesque eldritch horror, very reminiscent of the demonic creatures that Zhang Dong had to go up against in his past. Its size was truly tremendous as it reached that of a whole galaxy.

The monster began devouring the newly born stars, planets, and celestial bodies. It was evident that this being was unwilling to relent. Unable to fully comprehend this extraordinary accomplishment, it resolved to absorb everything into itself. The Devouring Seed Protocol, created by the god, was its primary Dao, and it aimed to consume everything.

Zhang Dong, now fully attuned to the reborn universe, remained calm amidst the chaos. He understood the god's desperation and refusal to accept defeat. As the eldritch horror expanded, attempting to consume everything in its path, Zhang Dong decided to take a different approach. Instead of resisting, he allowed the godly being to absorb the energies of the newborn universe.

As the eldritch horror continued its consumption, a subtle change occurred. The absorbed energies started resonating with Zhang Dong's own essence, subtly influencing the monstrous form. The once-ravenous entity began to undergo a transformation, its grotesque appearance gradually became more chaotic and unstable.

“You can't devour the universe to satisfy your hunger for power. It's about embracing the life you seek to control, not consuming it.”

Zhang Dong spoke, his voice resonating across the cosmic battlefield. The godly being, entangled in the midst of its transformation, underwent a moment of confusion and panic. It struggled to contain the energies it was assimilating. The life it was absorbing proved too pure for its comprehension, displaying a reluctance to remain within its expanded form. As a result, its eldritch form started to waver, and fissures appeared, allowing the life force to seep out.

“I wasn’t sure how to handle it but you have given me a way to end it all.”

Ever since Zhang Dong reset this void into a new universe teeming with life, he had garnered sufficient power to confront his adversary. The longer he stayed in this space, the more strength he acquired, while his opponent weakened. The challenge wasn't about winning; it was about achieving victory without causing harm to everyone he knew.

His opponent possessed the ability to create numerous pocket dimensions within himself, and within one of those dimensions, his entire family resided. At this very moment, all those entities were enduring truly challenging times as the god sought to consume everything. The universe crafted within this god's being was collapsing, and everyone Zhang Dong knew was destined to perish unless he intervened.

“You tried to absorb the energies of this universe willingly, they are now all within that ugly body… but I have full control over those energies, they belong to me now… do you know what that means?”

“No… you tricked me!”

“I didn’t trick you, you did this to yourself!”

Zhang Dong's most significant challenge in this battle had been resolved, and the fate that should have befallen him would now befall the evil god. He swiftly pushed forward and immersed himself in the horrifying monster that his opponent had transformed into. Once inside, he witnessed a truly nightmarish array of tentacles, grotesque eyes, and teeth advancing toward him. Nevertheless, his body emitted a radiant energy that repelled those grotesque appendages as he made his way toward the central point of this repulsive being.

As Zhang Dong approached the heart of the eldritch horror, he could sense the struggle within. The absorbed life force resisted assimilation, and the godly being's attempt to devour everything had backfired. The once-mighty entity was now a distorted amalgamation of chaos, desperately attempting to maintain control over the unruly energies it had tried to harness.

“There you are…”

After a charge, Zhang Dong found himself in the epicenter of the godly being. It was a chamber made up of flesh with something resembling a human in the middle. The godly being that resembled his old earthly form had been fused with various fleshy appendages and only his head remained.

“You… you… you ruined it all!”

“I did? Maybe from your point of view I did, but this doesn’t matter, it’s better if a selfish being vanishes from this world.”

“No… I won’t go! You can’t, I won’t!”

The monstrous head unleashed its tendrils, attacking Zhang Dong within the confines of the room. However, just before they could reach their target, they disintegrated into particles of light that then flowed back into Zhang Dong's own body. Similar to how the godly being attempted to absorb him, Zhang Dong reciprocated. This was the sole method to safeguard his family and friends. Only by assimilating the essence and world within could he ensure their survival in this ordeal.

The godly being struggled against the inevitable, resisting the absorption with every ounce of its distorted form. Yet, Zhang Dong remained steadfast, understanding the importance of this sacrifice. As he absorbed the essence of the collapsing universe within the godly being, the chaotic amalgamation slowly dissolved into particles of light.

In the midst of this cosmic struggle, Zhang Dong's consciousness connected with the beings trapped within the god's dimension. His family, friends, and the countless entities that the god had ensnared were now facing the imminent collapse of their universe.

“Hold on, everyone.”

Zhang Dong whispered within the shared consciousness, and his voice echoed throughout the entire universe. He channeled the absorbed energies into creating a stable environment for the entire inner universe, a task that would typically be deemed impossible. His objective was to assimilate the entirety of the godly being along with all the pocket dimensions it had created, making them his own. As a being with his own universe, he faced two options. He could either fuse these universes with his own or incorporate them as a separate space, creating a dual-verse.

This was no easy feat, as Zhang Dong needed to evolve into a being wielding not just one, but multiple universes within himself. The difficulty of this task increased as his opponent realized Zhang Dong's intentions. The old god, now a bundle of malevolence, decided that if he were to perish, he would rather take everything down with him.

The final struggle ensued as the godly being fought against the assimilation process. The very fabric of reality warped and twisted, and the clash of wills echoed through the cosmic expanse. It was a battle not just for dominance but for the preservation of entire worlds.

As the resistance grew fiercer, Zhang Dong could feel the strain on his own existence. The absorbed energies, each carrying the essence of different worlds and lives, resisted the merging process. It was as if every being within those pocket dimensions was fighting for their own survival, unwilling to be assimilated into the being they perceived as their destructor.

“You can do it, Father!”

“We believe you!”

Amidst this cosmic tug-of-war, Zhang Dong heard the voices of his children and other family members echoing within his mind. Their voices resonated as the universe trembled around them. Even in the face of impending doom, they maintained unwavering faith that he would save them, as he always had. Fueled by newfound resolve, Zhang Dong tapped into the essence he had cultivated throughout his divine existence and extended a soothing presence to the struggling universe. Gradually, the tremors subsided as he pushed away the malevolent being's influence, and finally, everything fell silent.

Suddenly, a change began to unfold within Zhang Dong's primary universe. His Dao Tree underwent a transformation, expanding and adopting a new form. As one of its branches extended, it bore a peculiar fruit. This newly formed fruit emitted a tremendous amount of energy, and within it, the voices of his family members resonated. However, it wasn't the sole fruit, as many others began to manifest. Some were still unripened, but gradually they started forming their own universes.

His power, once just slightly above that of the godly being he had faced, had skyrocketed into something entirely new. This newfound power enabled him to manifest countless other universes and realms, teeming with new life and possibilities. Zhang Dong had ascended into a new realm, one that truly transformed him into a godly being capable of overseeing a genuine multitude of worlds - not just tiny pocket dimensions that were mere imitations. He had become a multiversal being and truly ascended.

10