Chapter 4 – Zaria
5.4k 29 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--- --- Week 1 - Day 4 - Friday, 6th Day of the Seventh Month --- ---

It was another wonderful morning. Actually, it was still dark outside and Zaria was already awake. The small warm bunny against her felt nice. The sweat and dried juices, not so much. She could either wash up, or start her meditations, or laze around a bit.

After several long moments and a bit of ear nibbling, the fluffy ears just begged to be nibbled on, she rose and wrapped her bunny up in the blanket, it wouldn't do for her pet to get a cold. Yuki rose from her den and groggily approached her mistress.

The pair entered the lavish bath and washed up. A quick bath later Zaria gathered her familiar and flew out the window, it was time to meditate and pray.

The familiar overgrown temple offered more details in her meditation, the large halls had not been filled with prayer, they had been filled with people and laughter. Clerics and Shrine Maidens side by side had been talking with the people and helping on one hand, rebuking people on the other, and also smacking people when it was appropriate. Then there were the 'offerings'. Demanding often more than people wanted to give. At other times less.

Zaria returned from her prayer to the real world. Yuki was curled up in her lap. That had been interesting. She was sure that all those details on the temple had not been her imagination. A tranquil overgrown temple was far more interesting than one filled with people. Leaning back against the tree she now realized she had slipped from meditation into prayer into meditation. Her divine slots were done. With an amused smile she now followed the call of blood, the sorcerer was about meditating on power and presence after all.

As it was dawning, she rose and flew back. It was time to read her spellbook and prepare her wizard spells.

------

"Good morning mistress. I recommend the black outdoor dress."

Zaria looked at her white hand. "Kind of a large contrast?"

"We are meeting the matriarch. She knows of the caves to the underdark." Cibelle explained.

"Is she pretending to be a high elf too?" Zaria asked as she stripped naked, unclothed was an irritating flaw, by pulling her loose dress off.

"I have no idea what you mean mistress. We are all blonde and blue-eyed high elves with fair skin, and above average bust size." Cibelle poked at the absent cleric as she helped her mistress into the more form fitting dress, and ignored the way her mistress squirmed when she brushed the hair while mostly avoiding the ears.

"Elior is rather flat."

"She has not been blessed by the race."

"When do we go, and where?"

"Would you like breakfast with my family?"

"Why not."

"Then let me describe the village my clan lives in."

"Let me write a note."

------

Zaria could hear the nostalgia in Cibelle's voice as she spoke of her home. It was relaxing, and here and there was a hint of personal information. Like that she and her sisters had played hide and seek in the night in the forest. That there was a large rock nearby that they never managed to climb alone as children. That it was large enough to give a good look at the village. That her brother had fallen off it while showing off.

Zaria took Cibelle's hands and teleported.

They stood on a large rock. On top of a large rock with a village spread out before them.

"I love Greater Teleport." Zaria then tapped her chin. "I forgot to get a gift, is there anything your mother likes or needs?"

"As my mistress it is not required. She is fond of red wine however. And the village could do with more safe trade."

"Where are we anyway?" Zaria looked around, but realized how lacking in geography she was. There were mountains in the distance, however she had no idea which ones they were.

"West side of the Kairan Duchy. Behind those mountains are the ferals." Cibelle pointed away from the village towards some hill and a mountain range behind that.

"Going to have to check sometime if they count as fluffy or furry towards my flaw."

"Probably furry, I heard there are half breeds too, those might be fluffy."

"Guess we need to go shopping. And I might have to do that breakfast another time. I just remembered my bow and daggers will arrive today."

"Do you really require weapons mistress?"

"Point taken. I wonder if the beastman will have good red wine." Zaria took Cibelle's hands again.

Spoiler

Teleport on target table
Wayfarer
Target very familiar
2d100<=97 = (14 20, 2 successes) = 2
Teleport lands on target

[collapse]

The two females appeared in Zaria's room. There they started preparations for the trip. And woke the sleepy pet.

"Hwa?" A very sleepy bunny asked.

"Packing for a trip?" Zaria responded, trying to guess what her pet asked.

"Wrr?"

"My hometown." Cibelle responded.

"Cble?" Cinnamon blinked at the maid.

"Yes?" Cibelle asked not knowing what was going on.

"..."

"Kon?"

"Anything you want to pack Yuki?"

"Kon."

"We will eat there, so there is no need for snacks."

There was a knock on the door. "Lady Zaria?"

Cibelle approached the door and opened it.

The maid outside flinched upon seeing Cibelle.

"Cibelle?"

"Yes? Do you require anything from the mistress?" The personal maid asked.

"The weapon trader has arrived." The nervous maid announced.

"We shall be down shortly." Cibelle responded.

"He is waiting with his wares in the lower reception room." The maid quickly excused herself.

The pair gathered the looted money and the two cursed weapons Zaria wanted sold. Then left for the reception room. "Actually, I heard I have an office somewhere?"

"Yes, it is on the first floor like your room. Only in the middle part of the mansion."

"I need to draw my talismans. I heard my materials are there."

"I will show you after our return." Cibelle promised.

------

The weapon trader was a dark-haired man. Who flinched upon seeing the two.

"Greetings. I heard you require a plentiful quiver, a pair of daggers, and a longbow."

"Yes, and I came into possession of two cursed +2 weapons." Zaria informed the man.

"Down to business." He opened four chests.

"From ornate to useful. Last chest has masterwork and magical daggers in case something strikes your fancy."

Spoiler

Dagger Ornate: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Ornate: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Jewelled: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Jewelled: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Accessory: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Accessory: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Engraved: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Engraved: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Slim: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Slim: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Alchemical Silver: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Alchemical Silver: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Tanto Style black: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Tanto Style black: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Hunting: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Hunting: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Steel: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger Steel: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Masterwork Dagger Adamantine: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Masterwork Dagger Adamantine: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Masterwork Dagger Steel: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Masterwork Dagger Steel: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger +1 Steel: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
Dagger +1 Steel: Skill Mastery Appraise "Take 12" 242
All Appraisals Success

[collapse]

Zaria checked the contents. The six daggers in the first chest were useless, and way overpriced. Who needed gems on the handle and runes inlaid with gold on the blade? Or the hilt and guard literally encrusted with gems. The last two were pretty accessories made from silver, and again embedded with gems.
The next 3 pairs were too fragile, and rather specific to their purposes. A deeply engraved one was actually an assassin's dagger for poisons. The slim daggers were more or less stilettos meant to be hidden on the body. And alchemical silver while effective against werebeasts and spirits like her, was softer and not meant to be put through the wringer like she was going to use her weapons.
Then came a surprising find, tanto style daggers with no hilt. Made from blacksteel, so actually the hardness of steel but a nice black colour, an assassin's weapon actually. Honestly Zaria simply liked the shape and quality. The next to daggers were hunting daggers, the shape of the hilt and blade made it obvious. The final pair in this chest was a pair of simple daggers.
The final chest held the real beauties. Masterwork adamantite daggers, masterwork steel daggers, and a pair of +1 daggers.

"I will take the two black ones. I like the style." Zaria decided. "While the adamantite masterworks are nice, I prefer these two. Now the bows and quiver."

The man waved at his servants, who pulled forward two chests. And opened them.

Spoiler

Darkwood Longbow: Skill Mastery Appraise [Bow] "Take 12" 250
Longbow: Skill Mastery Appraise [Bow] "Take 12" 250
Masterwork Darkwood Composite (+2) Longbow: Skill Mastery Appraise [Bow] "Take 12" 250
+1 Longbow: Skill Mastery Appraise [Bow] "Take 12" 250

[collapse]

The darkwood bows were nice, but not worth the extra on the price. The +1 longbow was lightly engraved, but not a composite bow. Zaria picked the simple longbow. It was enough for purposes until she had time to make her own bow.

Zaria mentally despaired, so much to do so little time. She needed to craft herself Masterwork Adamantine Daggers, Masterwork Adamantine Spidersilk Tessen, A Masterwork Composite (+6) Darkwood Longbow, and a pair of Masterwork Adamantine Bastardswords. Sew a nighty from spidersilk, make those shrine maiden clothes from spidersilk once she had enough, and at least two nice dresses made from spidersilk. Then do all that again for her adult shape. Repair the shrine, meet the minions, meet the fangirls, meet the friends, meet Duke Aschen's daughter, prepare for school … She only had almost two months until school started. She needed to write a new note. Now to finish the shopping.

"I'll take the normal longbow, the quiver, the two daggers, and 200 arrows. The composite and magical bows might be nice, but I don't have the funds for them right now." Zaria told the merchant.

"Then 2500 gp total."

Zaria gave the merchant a blank look.

"The quiver is expensive; the bow and daggers are practically free compared to that."

Zaria however started listing prices. "Black exotic dagger. 5gp each, well carved longbow 80 gp, 200 arrows are 10 gp. The Efficient Quiver has a normal price of 1800 gp. I am not paying 600 more than the base prices."

There was a moment of silence. "So, the little lady thinks she knows the prices."

"Let's go Cibelle, I will not buy anything from someone who tries to insult me."

With that Zaria left, wanting to scam for over a fourth more? Not happening. "And make sure nobody associated with us ever buys from there again."

Back in the room everyone from the mansion gave the trader a cold shoulder. The guards started shooing the trader out, while several maids ran around reporting that the weapon trader had tried to charge over 500 gp too much.

Even with rich snob bonus and noble bonus that was far too much.

Back in the reception room the merchant had a terrible feeling, he had thought the Lady to be a classic noble, easy to sell overpriced wares to. Greed had gotten the better of him, he should have known from the way she had clearly sent her maid to report what she wanted and picked only what she had ordered, that she was familiar with weapons.

It was a loss for him, he would probably never again be able to trade with the Duke's family again. Though the little lady looked so young and showed off her servant. He chalked it up to bad business decisions. Maybe her beauty had muddled his thoughts and caused him to raise the price too much. 2200 would have been a much better choice.

Outside Zaria turned to Cibelle. "Where is my office actually? I am not venturing into the underdark without access to my shrine maiden spells. Which means I need to draw my talismans."

Cibelle nodded in confirmation. "This way my Lady."

On the way Zaria saw many startled looks from maids. She really hoped they would get her new appearance out of their systems soon.

"This is your office my Lady." The maid opened the door. And offered a look at a desk with several piles of unopened letters.

"That looks ominous, a den of evil?" Zaria entered the room. Off to the side was a new looking package, that probably contained her supplies.

Curious she picked a letter. "From Michelia van Truis? And it is perfumed?"

"I believe you would classify her as a fangirl. This pile is fangirls, that one is minions, these are other nobles, and finally random. Everything was screened with magic." Cibelle pointed out the poofed up tail. That reaction was very amusing.

Fangirls was the largest pile followed by minions. The other two together were less than half of one of these two. "It would be rude to just set it all on fire?"

"I think so mistress."

Zaria put the letter back. She took the package and opened it. The paper firm and well made. The inkstone smelled right, how she knew that she had no idea, and the brushes looked to be top quality. "If the prices are alright, I am definitely ordering there again. Water please."

"A moment mistress."

Soon Cibelle returned and Zaria started drawing, with the maid passing time by braiding her mistress's hair. Half an hour later she had 6 ornate talismans ready. "I will need to make a pouch or something for them, maybe hide a few up my sleeves." It felt good to be properly equipped. Even if she did not need it. The feats took care of material components, and the ribbon worked as a focus. But certain class features needed talismans.

"Enough for now, let's go to that fluffy city. Maybe we can get some wine there." Zaria wondered. "Do you want to get something for your sisters and brother?"

"I will see." Cibelle answered without commitment.

Zaria picked up the heavy coin bag and slung the two cursed weapons over her shoulder. Yuki jumped up and scrambled up Zaria and curled around the neck. Like a shawl the small fox hung off the neck, it was a very large shawl however. Zaria took Cibelle's hands.

Spoiler

Teleport
Wayfinder
Target seen once
2d100<=76 = (15 48, 2 successes) = 2
Teleport is on target

[collapse]

With a twist of reality, the two found themselves in the guild in Trianna.

And heard a crash behind them.

The pair turned around and saw a catgirl in a guild uniform lying on the floor with a fallen over chair next to her. The small arctic fox giving the catgirl an amused vulpine smirk.

"Ahh sorry." Zaria was quick to realize the situation. "Let me help you up." She approached the shocked looking guild staff member, after she put the heavy bags with the money and loot aside, and pulled her to her feet. "I did not know where else to teleport."

"Miss Zaria, welcome." Millie left the counter and approached. "I understand you are new to the town; will you be coming regularly?" Millie gently shooed the confused catgirl away.

"Yes, however usually at the shrine. I am just low on time today. So, I need a guide to do some quick shopping: a good red wine, or something along the line. Some sweets or something like that. A pair of daggers and a longbow with arrows. … I am forgetting something again I think." Zaria turned and gave Cibelle a look.

The maid pulled a list from her sleeve. "From the list I keep: possibly adamantite and the Efficient Quiver, maybe a smithy capable of handling adamantite, mithril, a cute fluffy sexslave so you stop wearing out Cinnamon, building materials for the shrine, alchemical supplies and a laboratory."

Zaria gave her maid a piercing look.

"I'd offer up Elior but she'd break within hours." The maid admitted.

"Let's skip the sexslave." Zaria decided. "Most of the rest is valid. Only the daggers and the bow are time critical right now. So how do I get someone to show me around?"

Millie felt again that feeling of someone who had too much to do and had no trouble delegating things. Her sister and her charge were taking the day off, so she had no direct responsibilities at the guild. "Wine, sweets, and weapons?" Millie repeated. "Let me check with the others, but I think I can personally be your guide."

Zaria just nodded. Yuki just yawned.

------

Several minutes later the very eye-catching group was out in the streets and walking through the town. "The sheep have a vineyard, it is not a large one, and they prefer the more fruity and sweet grapes for their wines. The bears are into honey and beekeeping, so you can get some nice meads there. The horses run the local distillery." The guide paused in her speech. "If you want something unique, there are possibilities."

"Wine and mead are always good." Zaria decided. "I want some sake and white wine too, but I can buy those next time."

"The sheepyard first then, I mean sheep vineyard." Millie corrected herself with a slight blush. "I am not familiar with wines, so I can't help with picking a suitable one." She led the group past the market, to the outskirts of the town. Away from the forest side, the plains were planted with grapes, here and there, what was probably, sheep were walking and checking the growth of the plants and fruit.

It was a relaxing sight. Zaria decided to return sometime and find a hill or tree to watch from. Especially when she needed to relax. It seemed to interest Yuki enough for the fox to uncurl herself from Zaria's neck and start exploring.

"Fiola!" Millie called out to one of the sheep. "I have a customer; she needs a good red wine."

The sheep looked at Zaria and Cibelle and flinched. The pair didn't react as they were already used to it. "Greetings, I am Zaria, I am here to buy a red wine worthy to be presented to a matriarch."

The fidgeting sheepwoman looked around for help, but all others had quickly evacuated the area. She was alone and nervous. Getting them to leave was easiest by giving them what they wanted. "Bottled wine or barrelled?"

"I guess two bottles. Maybe two different types, with a note which is which?" Zaria did not know the wine culture in this world, and didn't know if the races had different taste buds. Though it was probable, since she had liked the steak way more than normally.

"Please come inside." The sheepwoman led them inside. "Please sit, a special gift? So, a stronger taste? We have a sweet red late harvest one, then an older one that has a rather intensive taste, slightly bitter, with a hint of cardamom."

"Cardamom? Bought!" Zaria was clearly satisfied; the ears were perked up the tail was at attention. "I'll take the sweet one too."

The sheep was clearly surprised. The response was quick. Was the little vixen mumbling cardamom under her breath? The tail was now swishing happily from side to side.

The sheep left quickly.

Millie was amused, it seemed that the little lady had things that made her act her age after all. "We sell cardamom at the market as well, the spice shop usually has it."

"Cibelle, add spices to the list … I need to earn more money, do I? A fully stocked spice cabinet is probably worth a few hundred gold." Ears and tail deflated. "Millie please check if there are any high paying missions later, danger is not an issue."

Millie tilted her head, but then shrugged. If the little one wanted to make her maid go on a dangerous mission and the maid agreed, it was not an issue for her. "It will require an adventurer registration."

"For certain reasons, can I just use my first name?" Zaria asked rather casually.

"Eh? You are adventuring?" Now Millie was confused.

"Naturally? Cibelle is still at a low level, I am epic on the other hand." Zaria said without bothering to explain in dept.

The completely casual way she said that, made Millie remember the completely casual ways that little one had turned one man impotent, turned another into a busty cowgirl, made a circle of teleportation for the traders to return, carried a large coin sack, had weapons strapped over her shoulder, wore a white fox around her neck like an oversized muffler, and finally seemingly teleported around without a care. Now she wanted a high paying mission? Actually, there was something.

"In the forest there is a ruin, it has extensive underground paths riddled with traps. We suspect there may be a lich or something deep underground. While there had been a problem with slavers on the upside of the ruins, that has been handled. Now it is just the underground that worries us, the entrance that had been sealed several times before, has been broken open each time and monsters infest the ruins regularly."

"That sounds interesting, today is a bad time, maybe tomorrow or the day after." Zaria pondered as she went mentally through her schedule.

Cibelle pulled out the list and made two new entries: 'stock up on spices' and 'loot nuisances at the ruins.

"One sweet red, and a bitter sweet Cardamom. Here is a note with the year and taste details. That will be 15 gold."

Zaria lifted the large and heavy bag. Then pulled out three 50 silver coin bags. "Here, if the amount was miscounted please leave a note at the guild." She told the struggling sheep. Suddenly being handed three pounds in three large bags was not good for the balance.

Zaria really wanted to get rid of the rest quickly.

Cibelle took the two fragile bottles into her care. "I think the weapons shop is next, then you can get rid of those two weapons."

"I agree actually. Millie please lead the way." Zaria confirmed. "Thank you for the wine Fiola."

"Please follow me." Millie led the way again.

Once the group was out of sight Fiola dropped the coin bags and broke down crying. "I was so scared, you traitors! I thought I was going to get killed or eaten!"

------

Zaria wondered what had set the sheep off. It was only a minor concern though. Yuki darting around and almost tripping her was a larger one.

The extremely dissimilar quartet passed the market again and approached a larger two-story house. A tired looking wolfgirl sat behind the counter.

"Welcome to sharp and pointy?" The greeting ended in a question.

Spoiler

Item availability check Efficient Quiver
Town size correct
Price range correct
Roll availability
1d100 = (84) = 84
Efficient Quiver is available

[collapse]

"I am Gira and will be taking care of you?" The girl seemed a little confused at the very diverse group.

"Hello, I am Zaria and I came here to buy and sell. Do you have an Efficient Quiver?" Zaria introduced herself and came to a point. "No Yuki, I am not buying a greataxe." And shooed her familiar away from an axe that was as tall as she was. "If you find a nice bastardsword I might take it."

"That's the magic one with lots of space inside, I think I have one in the back. I'll be back in a mom'."

Spoiler

Zaria listen check
Around the corner Penalty -2
Behind closed wooden door Penalty -3
Distance 20' -2
Listen to speech DC 15
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 210 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 203
Listen success

[collapse]

Zaria had mixed feelings about what she overheard. When there was a lot of noise, it was easy to ignore all the dialogue going on. Now however?

"Mom, where is that large quiver? Got Millie with this super-hot white foxgirl at the front."

"Hotter than your twins? It is in back with the ranged weapons."

"Flat and younger, has this adult woman feel to her. And hot enough to make me all wet and tingly and I am not into little girls. Found it."

"Your twins are pretty small, so is the bunny you ate, the mouse …"

"Mom!"

"Not my fault my daughter is a nympho."

"Mom?"

"No seducing the customer until you finish the deal. Unless you offer yourself as part of the deal."

"I found the quiver, and now I am going back to the front and I am going to ogle Millie's huge tits."

"That cow actually left her counter? Must be a special foxy then."

"I saw her first."

"And you would have never gotten that lewd pussy without my help yesterday."

"Grrr"

No, some things were not meant to be overheard. But that had teasing potential.

The wolfgirl returned with a quiver and a slight embarrassed blush on her face.

"Purrfect, now I need two normal daggers, a composite longbow, a sexslave with a fluffy tail a collar with leash, 60 arrows, and I have two cursed identified weapons to sell." Zaria purred.

Spoiler

Zaria rolls Bluff
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 197
Yuki rolls Bluff
1d20 + 140 -2 = (20) + 140 -2 = 158 Nat 20
Cibelle rolls Bluff
1d20 + 10 = (9) + 10 = 19
Millie rolls Bluff
1d20 + 18 = (12) + 18 = 30
Gira rolls Sense Motive
1d20 + 2 = (6) + 2 = 8

[collapse]

Gira froze for a moment. She was sure she had heard something wild there. However, the vixen was staring intently at the quiver in her arms. The creepy maid seemed to be inspecting throwing daggers. The little fox was having a staring match with herself in a polished shield. Millie the busty receptionist was standing out of the way surrounded by an aura of attentive boredom.
A little confused she placed the quiver before the white beauty.

Zaria checked the quiver over. "Command word?"

Gira checked the note "Mental commands, Arrows, javelins, bows."

Zaria checked the commands and found the quiver responding. "Now a strong composite longbow and 60 arrows for it."

Spoiler

Roll composite longbows
1d3 + 1d4 + 1d6 = (2) + (1) + (2)

[collapse]

Gira walked around the shop, gathering two bows and then disappeared in the back again. She returned with another bow. "Currently we have only +1 and +2 Strength bows. Do you want 60 normal Arrows?"

"Yes, I need to stick them in as quickly as possible."

Gira gave the little vixen another confused look, but went and gathered the requested 60 arrows. Upon the return she found the white one comparing the two longbows. Despite the bow almost touching the floor, the little one easily pulled the bowstring back, and released it causing a satisfying sound.

"I'll take this one." It was the bow Gira had brought from the back. "Time to shove it into the dark hole."

Gira was now sure the little one was playing with her.

"Now I need two daggers, not masterwok, normal steel, no special engravings. And two sheathes as well."

Gira cursed inwardly, she had missed her chance to make a comment.

Several daggers later the little one had two daggers that suited her taste.

"Now I want to sell these two." Zaria easily placed the two weapons on the counter. "This is a +2 Backbiter, a shortspear that stabs you in the back on a critical miss. Still a decent weapon as it is a +2. That is a Rod of the Viper, cursed with the 'homosexual snake lover'. It strikes as +2 heavy mace, once per day on command, it gets a snake head that can do Constitution Damage. Details are on this note."

Gira got a note handed from the smiling maid. A smile that made her skin crawl.

"That note then, I want to sell them both for 1000 gp together." The vixen finished.

"I need to check with my mother. Please wait a moment." Gira did not flee, she did not imagine herself collared and being punished in various ways. No, she only went to consult on a large sale.

"I have no idea what is creeping her out" Zaria remarked once the poor tall wolfgirl was out of normal hearing range. It caused everyone to giggle.

Several minutes later the dejected Gira returned, her mother had given the go ahead. Even cursed +2 weapons were a good sale, and those two were already identified. The backbiter would probably sell for 750-1000 gp, and the Viper Rod for 1000-1500 gp. As long as you avoided anything scaly, the rod was a good weapon. It was actually worth 19000 gp without the curse. Even the backbiter was originally worth 7500 gp. Her mother had even wondered if she should sell her out to make up for any losses from yesterday's party.

"Two daggers at 4gp each, a composite (+2) longbow at 100 gp, 60 arrows at 6 gp, …" Gira stopped at the raised eyebrow. "... sorry 3 gp. An Efficient Quiver at 1850 gp, that totals to …" Gira took the blackboard and chalk to do the addition.

"1964 gp" Zaria supplied. "Minus the 1000 gp from the cursed weapon sale 964 gp."

The tall girl gave the small one a questioning look. But she did the addition anyway. She felt a shiver go down her back when she realized the vixen had used the first price for the arrows.

Spoiler

Zaria uses Hide in Plain Sight
Zaria rolls Hide
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 196
Zaria rolls Move Silently
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 196
Gira rolls Spot
1d20 + 3 = (19) + 3 = 22
Gira rolls Listen
1d20 + 3 = (17) + 3 = 20
Zaria uses Grapple
1d10 + 289 = (5) + 289 = 294
Gira rolls Grapple
1d20 + 5 = (13) + 5 = 18
Gira is grappled

[collapse]

Gira looked around in a small panic. "Take the three 3 gp as compensation for the spanking and for the lesson learned." Came the soft and sensual voice from behind her.

Gira tried to turn around, but found herself grabbed in a vice grip and pushed onto the counter. Her pants were pulled down and she yelped as a small hand gave her rear a firm smack. One cheek then the other. The small hand hurt, and the small body keeping her in place was far too strong for the small frame.

One thing was sure, she had tried to dominate the wrong one. This was an Alpha, and a playful one too.

Several hard spanks later Gira was lying there in submission.

A few gentle pats on her butt followed. "Good girl, lesson learned?"

"Yes Alpha."

Zaria blinked at the answer. That simple punishment obviously had some side-effects.

"I will take that as a yes." Zaria released her captive and packed away the weapons. "Buy yourself something nice. Sweets were the last thing I think." She piled bags after bags of silver pieces onto the table.

Gira blushed. She had totally acted like a good pet. And the maid and the guild cow had seen it. It was humiliating, and she was totally dripping on the floor as she hadn't yet pulled her pants up.

------

Outside the group left the building behind for the market.

Some quick shopping later they had a nice wild berry cake and some honey candies.

"Thank you for leading us." Zaria told Millie. "Deduct an appropriate fee. I will need your services again in a few days."

"Naturally Miss Zaria. It was an amusing trip." She looked at the fox hanging off the girl's shoulder. "Should you require anything please come to the guild."

"I will, until next time." Reality twisted and the three visitors disappeared.

"That one is sure someone to watch out for. Now what did her maid say? Building materials should be easy enough. Adamantium and mithril are probably impossible." The cow blushed. "Sex slave … I wonder if I can send Fel'ctas over on a trial basis and some lessons." Somehow, she felt that the pussy would make a wonderful sex slave to the vixen.

------

Meanwhile in a certain jail.

"It is not working!"

"Turn me back!"

"I can't work like this." The cowgirl felt offended. "Tomorrow tie them up and gag them." She ordered the guard.

Wulfgar smiled wryly. "Fine. I'll have them tied up and restrained tomorrow. See ya tomorrow Marlies."

"Tomorrow then." She had no love for the job, but since she took the money, she would give it her all.

------

The trio arrived in Zaria's room, where she dumped the bags in a corner.

"Now let's see your mother." The pair quickly did their preparations. "Want to come too Yuki?"

The small familiar pondered for a moment then draped itself around Zaria's shoulders again.

"Onto the rock we go."

Spoiler

Teleport
Wayfinder
Target seen once
2d100<=76 = (65 88, 1 success) = 1
Teleport is on target

[collapse]

The group found itself on top of the children's rock again. From there Zaria used a Dimension Door to approach the village without the whole climbing down part. She could have simply jumped off. But Cibelle not really.

As the trio walked through the village, they gathered a lot of looks. More surprised ones than anything else.

To Zaria it looked like a village of drow, half-drow, a few other elven races, several cats and a surprising number of snakes and lizards. To her appreciation a lot were less than fully clothed, some even naked. "Let me guess. The drow are all not drow."

"No, it is only high elves, wood elves, moon elves, cats here, and reptiles here."

"Why the cats? I understand the elves. The snakes and lizards probably since it is very warm here."

Cibelle blushed. "My uncle sired several kittens and half kittens. While cats are not very close clans, if you are part of them you are family. They are satisfied since none care if they walk around naked. We are satisfied since they give a more normal feel to the village."

Zaria pondered that. Naked catgirls were nice to look at, and reminded her of the lack of underwear.

"Where to actually?" Zaria wondered.

"A little back actually?" The maid smiled mischievously. "You seemed to enjoy the less than clothed nature of the village."

"Your clan seems to want to soak up as much sun as possible now that you are here."

"It does feel nice on the skin."

"Let me watch next time you are sunning."

"I will invite you then."

That stopped Zaria in her tracks. She turned and gave her maid a look full of disbelief.

The maid just gave her mistress a mischievous smile.

"Point to you." Zaria admitted.

"I will cash it in later mistress."

"Think of a point system, and I will look it over."

"I will do so."

Cibelle led her mistress to the right place. A nice two-story house. Not a mansion or something like that, but a large house, big enough to house a full family easily.

Cibelle knocked and waited, Zaria and Yuki were paying attention and very curious about the maids' family. Seconds went past then an adult's voice was heard through the door. "Who is there?" Was asked in common.

Cibelle answered in undercommon. "It is me, Cibelle."

"Little sis?" The door was pulled open sharply. Before Cibelle could react, she was enveloped in a tight hug.

Zaria was convinced she heard at least one rib snap. The pained sound she heard was clearly a sign that her maid's sister had more strength than her maid had constitution. She decided to remind the older one of that and spoke in undercommon. "I think you are killing her, that before was either a rib or the spine."

"Ahh, sorry Cibelle." She was released from the body hug, but had her head pulled into a rather sizable chest.

Zaria was not sure how that family managed to pass as high elves with that bust size. Drow were busty, even if not huge, but high elves tended to be flat or small.

"And you are?" The sister asked over Cibelle's head.

Zaria did a perfect curtsy. "I am Zaria van Kairan, and as your sister's employer, I would appreciate you not trying to kill her. Her struggles are getting weaker."

"Ehh?" The sister looked down, then in a panic released Cibelle. "Sorry sis! Get a grip"

Zaria had the feeling she was watching an anime slapstick, as the older drow was now shaking the younger drow. It was a fact, the older drow was an airhead. "Give me your sister, I am a shrine maiden, I will have her up in a bit. Hold these bottles instead, they are for your mother, and I will get angry if they get damaged."

The older drow attempted to argue, but stopped at the sharp look the little one gave her. She accepted the wine bottles in exchange for her sister. Who made a relaxed noise after the little one laid a hand against her side.

"No sweets for you!" Cibelle pointed at her older sister. "I am giving your part to the little ones!"

"What? No, I am sorry, but I haven't seen you in three or more years!" The older sibling complained.

Zaria tilted her head in confusion. "Really that long?" She asked Cibelle. "Have you been my maid that long?"

"No Mistress, only for about two years, I have been in the employ of your house for four years however. I was only assigned to you since I was one of the few you could even tolerate." Cibelle explained. "And before you ask mistress, you were not that bad." She paused for a moment. "You were worse."

Zaria made a thoughtful face. "Why do I feel like stepping on vermin now?"

"Because that is how you treat your minions and fangirls."

Zaria's tail poofed and the ears flattened. "Too much information … and another point for you." Zaria released her maid and started soothing her tail. "That was evil. I still need to meet them."

"Thank you for saving my life mistress. I shall forever be your devoted slave."

"Slave?" The airheaded sister mumbled.

"No matter what sort of depraved things you will make me do, I shall forever be your devoted slave."

"Cibelle, if you continue talking like that, your sister will destroy the wine."

"Too much?"

"Look at her, she is blushing and frozen." Zaria went over and saved the bottles.

That woke the statue back to life. And caused her to glomp the maid again. "No, little Ci~ will not become a slave! No depraved orgies are allowed!"

Zaria ignored the two sisters and let herself in. She followed her nose and ears to find someone else. Who she found was a little drow of maybe 60 years? "Hello, are you Cibelle's sister?" (Approximately 5 in human years)

The small drow gave the white fox a piercing look. "Cibelle brought me to visit her mother. And she brought sweets."

That got the little one's attention. "Mother is in the dark room working on something, probably."

"Lead the way? Your big sis is squeezing Cibelle for a bad joke she made."

The little one winced. "It is over there."

Down the hall, down the stairs. Through an unlit underground corridor. She knocked on a wooden door. "Mom, Cibelle came with a guest, but Nully caught her."

Zaria used Anyspell to cast Darkvision on Yuki. The poor fox totally blind in the total darkness.

"Come in." Came a mature voice from inside.

"Go save Cibelle." Zaria told the little one. She entered the dark room. "Greetings, I am Zaria van Kairan. If we have ever met, I don't remember unfortunately."

"May the warm darkness be with you, Xeixia Tzan'th, Cibelle's mother and clan matriarch." A mature drow greeted Zaria. Please sit."

"Cibelle mentioned you like red wine. We were at a vineyard. A note with details is with Cibelle. But she got held up." Zaria approached the Desk the drow was standing behind, having risen from her seat when Zaria had entered. She placed the two bottles on the desk.

"Oh, that looks familiar." She said looking at one of the bottles.

"They are from a sheepyard."

The matron went to a cupboard and retrieved two glasses. "It has a strong taste if it is the same recipe. Spicy, bitter, with a hint of sweetness. It rarely gets exported."

"If you want more, I will probably be spending a lot of time there. I am taking over their shrine." The kitsune offered.

The matron brought out the rounded red wine glasses. She opened the seal and uncorked the bottle. The rich scent instantly filled the room. Then she poured a little into her glass. She swirled it a little and took a sip. Rich and spicy, as she remembered it. She poured the sniffing young lady a glass and the two raised their glasses.

The elder watched amused as the little one took a sip and the ears first perked up and then relaxed as their owner sunk into the couch relaxing. The shawl around her neck detached and crawled into her lap proving to be another fox.

There was a comfortable silence as they each sipped their wine.

A knock interrupted the pleasant silence. "I have come to visit, mother."

The elder smiled and went to greet her daughter before she stopped suddenly. "You are not wearing your amulet."

"I have no need for it anymore."

The mother of many looked at the curious vixen. "You know?"

"Know what?" Zaria's lazy mind restarted. "I guess the amulet is something significant, but honestly I don't see or feel a difference."

Spoiler

Zaria rolls Int
1d20 + 16 = (19) + 16 = 35
Int success

[collapse]

"Wait! It is your fault everyone was acting so weird! You could have said something!" Zaria accused her maid.

"It does not make a difference to You, Mistress."

Zaria could hear the statement: 'Nobody else matters'. She mulled over it. "Has Elior seen you yet?"

"Not yet, Mistress."

"Let's report to father what I did to that guard at dinner, then let her jump to the wrong conclusion." Zaria felt that Elior deserved to be pranked. "Maybe throw in a few flat jokes too."

"Elior? That famous high elven cleric?" The matron asked.

"She is staying over, and not behaving like a proper guest." Zaria grumbled. "Watchdog she might be, but stepping out of line is a bit much. Aside from height she is my lesser in everything."

"And chest size, hers are a bit bigger than yours."

"My adult form is superior; it will just take me a few centuries to reach it naturally."

"So, you say Mistress."

"So, I say."

"So, this really is your 'interesting' Lady. A few changes do not describe it." The mother pulled off an amulet. Causing Zaria to focus on it.

"High elf too?"

"Blonde and blue eyes, chest two sizes smaller. Mine was reduced too."

Zaria looked Cibelle up and down. "I have a hard time imagining you smaller, two sizes would put you below Elior?"

"Yes."

"That seems rather small." She pondered for a moment. "High elves are a flat race. I need to introduce Elior to Mille."

"That would be very amusing."

"Who is this Millie?" The matron wondered.

"Even for cowgirls she is very gifted. She is a guild receptionist in the town where we got your wine." Cibelle pulled out a glass for herself and sunk onto the couch, after moving Yuki's tail out of the way. "Very professional too. She did not react to my race." The outed drow took a sip. "Though she already has experience with the Mistress, a drow is a minor concern."

"I am not that bad … am I?"

"How many times have you teleported today?"

"The Greater Teleport, then back, then to the village, then back, then here, and that Dimension Door?"

"Six teleportations. Four normal Teleports, one Greater Teleport, and a Dimension Door." Cibelle summed up. "For anyone else it would be unthinkable to do that much before breakfast."

Zaria pondered it. "That is what magic is for. If you can, you do it."

"I don't believe it!" The matriarch denied.

"Mistress used the Greater Teleport to reach the climbing rock. Then wanted to get you a gift, after a meeting with a greedy waste of space she teleported us to Trianna to the guild to get wine and sweets. I gave the candies and cake to Ierriel. Then teleported back to the mansion, where we dropped off the weapons she bought." Celies took another sip. "Finally, we teleported here."

"You really want me to believe that?" There was a hint of irritation in her voice.

"Are you calling us liars?" Zaria said with an edge to her voice. "A kitsune that has darkvision, has True Seeing, and you call me a liar without asking how? I am epic, further down the path than a mortal could ever be. That is the present My Goddess gave me on my reincarnation." It was final. It was a declaration.

"Forgive me young Lady, I have spoken out of turn."

"Yes, you have, mother."

"Now let us sit down and relax. Maybe you understand now why I have no fear of the underdark." Zaria spoke in perfect Infernal. "Besides I just need a description, then I can go there on my own, get the few things I actually need. Then leave hopefully without burning down any cities."

"I cannot tell you anything about the city our clan is from, it is two generations ago. However, I can tell you about the gateway our ancestors came from." The elder sat down and took a calming sip. "It is in the mountains behind us, at the northern edge that borders the desert. It is a dry valley, smoothened from the sandstorms and the sandy winds. In the valley you find a dry riverbed, you follow it away from the sanded parts up into the mountains, you will find stones shattered from the heat of the day, and cold of the night, it must have been a large spring before, now the spring is covered by shattered rock, boulders and rock are piled up, under it there is the dried up spring, you follow it into the mountain, upwards I heard, one of the side paths that lead into the depths is the path to the underdark, a former underground river that carved its way into the depths of the world. Even when our ancestors journeyed upwards, it was only a stream, a shadow of its former glory."

"I will need to scry after all." Zaria decided. "I don't have Scry Location prepared, guess I will have to put that off for tomorrow … There go my plans for today."

"You can explore the village. You need to eat breakfast too mistress, you are way too thin."

"Slender, it is a starting feat, no idea why I have it." Zaria sipped her wine. "Is there anything unique to that buried spring?"

Spoiler

Xeixia rolls Wisdom to remember
1d20 + 4 = (20) + 4 = 24 Nat 20
Xeixia remembers Details

[collapse]

"When I was there as a curious young maiden, there were two boulders lying on a ledge, overlooking the spring. A small bush was growing there right between them. The roots were in a deep crack. Several small rocks were piled onto each other next to it."

"Piles of rocks, one placed onto another, they were near the bush and between the huge boulders."

"Ahh. 'I was here' or 'Protect this place', though they are used as waypoints too. Larger single piles of that type are waypoints. I can work with that." Zaria finished her wine and rose. She picked up the money bag. "Have fun Cibelle, I will come back later." A Greater Teleport and she was gone.

"Wait Mistress … you haven't eaten." Cibelle finished as her Mistress disappeared into thin air. "She really needs to relax. She forgot to eat."

"Always in a hurry your little mistress?"

"More like she sees a huge pile of things to do. And she wants to get them done as soon as possible."

"She sounds interesting."

"She is still adjusting to the body. Her temper and various flaws combined with power are a spell waiting to go off."

"You sound happy."

"She doesn't care, to her it is friendly or unfriendly."

"I will pray for her safety then."

"Pray for the others safety."

------

Hot, that was her first impression. Far too hot was the second impression. The third was, how dry the air was. Looking around she found her fourth impression. A tail to the face by Yuki.

"Sorry, I did not think the heat would be this bad." She apologized to her familiar.

A jump off the ledge and a few minutes of running upwards brought her to the mentioned and deeply buried spring. Climbing upwards she found the upper edge of the rocks. Clearing them away seemed far too annoying. It was probably stupid but it was going to be easier and faster than moving all the rock aside. Etherealness and she went through the rock, moving through it as if it did not exist, though not being able to see was annoying, she really missed the beyond perfect eyesight of her new body.

It took several tries to find the right way through the rock. Once on the other side she released the spell, and started to run.

It was obviously a natural cave carved by water, it was never completely straight, here and there were side passages the pair checked.

It was long and dark. From time to time there were spiders, bats, worms, and other minor cave dwellers. It was here that the reserve spells showed their true value.

------

It was a normal prayer; one she'd usually ignore.

Except one word got her interest.

"Protect my daughters' white mistress."

Drawing the prayer to the front she analysed it.

Tamano's joke had visited one of her followers, and now was on the way to visit her sister's followers. Her sister's followers who were all into that domination and power above all things. And the City closest to that entrance to the underdark had a few of her followers too. It would not do for her followers to become collateral victims should her sister's followers act … act like themselves.

She left her space and approached her sister's. A burst of power and a message: "We need to meet, now!"

Soon her sister approached. Wreathed in shadows, a feeling of bloodlust tearing at her. "Hello sister."

"Hello, my weak little sister."

That stung.

"Have you finally come to your senses and decided to obey me?"

It was the usual. "Actually, I came to warn you."

"Warn me? You make me laugh, maybe I should simply put you in your place!"

"Actually, it is Tamano's little pet. She is on the way to Xrie'sten. And from what I heard she has a temper against insults and perceived insults."

The older sister. "So, the little toy is coming to one of my cities."

The younger sister really despaired. "I thought I'd warn you, unless you don't mind that one of your cities burns down since the wrong person decides she has the looks for a nice pet, and she takes that as an insult."

The older sister froze. One of the misguided matriarchs trying to force that one to obey, bow, or become a sacrifice. It was unfortunately a very probable scenario. "I will take that into consideration, your freedom is safe for now, now I will go and ponder the situation." The shadows thickened and then faded.

The younger sister sighed. If it weren't for her own followers in that city, she would have gladly let it burn to show that stubborn darkness for brains her place.

"I am way too nice sometimes." With that she too faded away.

Meanwhile her sister was frantically searching for any matron, cleric, or even acolyte currently praying to her. Getting that message out was important.

------

Meanwhile Zaria thought she had found the right juncture, there was still a small stream going down this path. It was large enough to fly comfortably and carry Yuki at the same time.

Ahead she saw a glow. She entered a larger cave; glowing moss was here and there on the walls. A spider turned and faced her.

Spoiler

Zaria uses Fiery Blast DC 42 on Medium Monstrous Spider
9d6 = (1+3+2+3+1+1+4+3+1) = 19 Fire Damage
Medium Monstrous Spider rolls save vs Fiery Blast
1d20+3 = (9)+3 = 12 fail
Medium Monstrous Spider is at -8 HP

[collapse]

Another wave of the hand and the nearby spider dropped to the ground deeply burnt.

She looked left: mossy cave.
She looked right: mossy cave.
She looked down: stream flowing left.

"Left it is." She poked Yuki who was currently lying on her head and peering at the dying spider. "Got a better idea than left?"

The small fox looked both ways. Then pointed left with the tail.

"At least if it is wrong, we were both wrong." Zaria dropped to the ground and started running. She ignored all the startled wildlife and only stopped to burn down webs and the inhabitants when they sealed off the cave.

------

Spoiler

Goddess finds a praying Follower: d100
1-30: praying believer, maiden
31-60: acolyte
61-90: cleric
91-99: elder cleric
100: Matriarch
1d100 = (43) = 43

[collapse]

The young acolyte could not believe her luck. Her Goddess had spoken to her! Only it was a warning: "Treat the White One with utmost courtesy, as you would an esteemed guest. Don't make her an enemy or treat her as an inferior! Warn the Matriarchs!"

She had only seen the Matriarch. She had never spoken to it. "Honoured sister, I have a message from the Goddess." She had the headache to prove it too.

"You had vision? How wonderful."

"No, I am supposed to tell the Matriarch about the white one."

"What white one?"

"I was not told. Only that the white one is to be treated as an esteemed guest." She reported.

The young cleric pondered. Disturbing the Matriarch was never a good idea. She would have to ask an elder sister.

Bureaucracy was the same everywhere.

------

After what would have been days of exploration for a normal party. She arrived a bit winded at the large cavern. Her stream splashing down in a tiny waterfall, one that did not deserve to be called that. It was a huge cavern and in the distance, she saw several larger lit structures.

Jumping off the ledge she flew up into the air and approached the lit part.

She felt sorely disappointed when those proved to be large natural stone columns with naturally glowing crystals.

Still she continued on and flew ahead. Actually, enjoying the large cavern. A sight she would have never been able to see in her old life.

She could have done without the giant bats though.

Several dead bats later she decided to simply outfly them. After all, she was faster than them by a good margin.

Most bats soon stopped following, knowing when they were hopelessly outpaced.

Then came the wall.

With towers behind it.

It was clearly high towers. But none reached the ceiling of this cave.

This put the height into a much better perspective.

"A hollow mountain? No, I went down enough for those." She looked around. "You can literally put a small mountain in here. Now let's check if the drow here are asses like those I know. Like most of those I know. Or played against them."

Zaria stopped. Her memories! Things that had happened in games and such were becoming real memories of fights and sitting with the party members. Instead of it just being memories of a group of players sitting around. Or sitting in front of a pc. This could get messy.

That one busty drow cleric had looked good in her tight armour. Much better than on screen. Too bad she had been a crazy Loth fanatic that had been put down.

"This is bad." She told nobody.

"Kon?"

"My memories are getting screwed up. I will worry about it later." Maybe playing that human with anger issues had not been a good idea. Luckily most of her characters had been laid back. Though the drow twins with a fable for collecting eyeballs and dissection might become an issue later. "Warn me if I am about to do something terribly abhorrent."

"Kon!" The familiar cheerfully replied.

Zaria did not feel assured.

At least it was time to walk. Her wings were starting to hurt and exhaustion and hunger were starting to set in. "I forgot to eat!" She realized. "And I forgot to take my bow. I guess I really need a secretary."

Flying around found her a gate in the distance. The size of it made her wonder what it was sized for, and how they opened and closed it.

Then as she approached it. She got a tail to the face from Yuki.

"What?"

"Kon kon"

"Really? Forgot about that." She quickly suppressed her true invisibility. "You floating freely, must have looked weird."

The fox snickered.

------

The guards watched in surprise. One of the upper races was approaching with one of the upper animals on its head. And it was all white and looked young. Maybe it was the pet of one of the higher matriarchs? It had a large bag slung over the shoulder too. They couldn't remember ever seeing it before. But it was very pretty, female, and very unique.

"Reason for entry?" A guard asked in undercommon.

"Shopping." Zaria replied in perfect undercommon.

It was clearly female, and probably born here since there was no upper accent. The voice was pleasing too.

"Two gold."

"Want two daggers instead? One for each kidney?"

Clearly a pet raised by a powerful matriarch. Especially since she was alone. Unless she annoyed her matron and had been sent out alone as punishment.

The guards shared a look and their thoughts. It was not worth risking pissing a matriarch with such a pet off.

"You may enter."

"May the darkness be safe."

"May the dark be your home."

And she greeted them properly.

After the upper race entered.

"She was white."

"And very pretty."

"But looked young."

"Train them early?"

"Did seem trained in certain ways."

"Pet more than sacrifice."

"Expensive pet."

"Or maybe a present."

"I want a present like that."

"Same."

-------

A quick question to a stunned drow gave her instructions. Those led her to the market. She did not yet have the funds to buy the really good silk. But she could get some smaller pieces for the tessen and her first shrine maiden outfit. The ceremonial versions and the kimonos would have to wait for better funds for better quality silk.

Now however a delicious scent was capturing her attention. Following the nose led her to a stand at the edge of the market. An old male drow sat there on the floor and was turning skewers on a mesh over a small fire. The raw meat was pale, but the sauce gave it a darker look.

"Snake, oil, salt, pepper, lemon, some sort of mushroom, honey."

"Not bad, little one, a little spiced mead."

"I'll take two."

"That will be 16 coppers."

Zaria handed over two silver and waved off the change. "I am looking for some easy spider silk." She handed Yuki who jumped off one of the skewers and took a bite from hers. "This is good, soft too, marinaded?"

"Ohh, a cook then?"

"Naturally, if you want something to perfectly match your taste, either you have to train them for decades, or you do it yourself." She bit more off and chewed thoughtfully. "Fattened snake? Can't explain how else the meat stays so tender and juicy. I'll take another, I may have forgotten to eat breakfast." She offered the man another silver in exchange for another skewer.

"Down on the street, third row right, fifth stall. One of my granddaughters peddles some fabrics and tailors' clothes." The man explained. "If you ask her, she might have what you need. If not, she might know where to get it."

Zaria nodded and started on her new skewer. "Anyone else you can recommend food wise? It was a long track down from above."

"You are actually a surface dweller?"

"Mhm, hmm." She choked on a bite. "Sorry, yes, no haven't taken any spices with me, if things go well, I will return."

"I heard about red sweet berries, and a red long spicy fruit."

"Not fruit, the spicy one is a vegetable. Sure, if I remember I'll bring some, I have so much to do my maid started making a list."

"Why haven't you taken your maid with you?"

"Easier to protect myself than someone else." She finished the skewer; Yuki was licking her snout to get the juices from her fur. "Thanks, I'll come again if I find you again. Now, could you repeat the directions please?"

"Down there, third row right, fifth stall, it is the one with the fabrics and clothes, and the cute granddaughter."

"Now you are bragging." Zaria threw the empty skewers into his fire. "See you."

She walked down the street. Row one looked like toys, kitchenware, and small weapons. Row two was everything. Row three seemed to be rather random again. With a mental shrug she entered.

Spoiler

Thief attempts to steal
Thief rolls Hide
1d20 + 12 = (13) + 12 = 25
Thief rolls Move Silently
1d20 + 13 = (5) + 13 = 18
Thief rolls Sleight of Hand
1d20 +22 = (3) +22 = 25
Zaria rolls Spot DC 25 + 5
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 201
Zaria rolls Listen
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 210
Thief is an adult male drow
Zaria attacks Thieves hand
Favoured Enemy Damage +6
Power Attack -20 Attack +20 Damage
Damage Type Bludgeon
Zaria rolls Attack AC 17
1d20 + 305 = (11) + 305 = 316
Zaria rolls Damage
1d3 + 13 + 6 + 20 = (2) + 13 + 6 + 20 = 41
Hand is shattered
Thief must apply Restoration or a similar spell to repair the shattered bones

[collapse]

She narrowly avoided a hand, from the corner of the eyes she recognized the want to be thief an older drow male, one that probably had a lot of experience already. Without mercy her fist struck the seeking hand with a cracking noise. She took a few steps away as the thief suddenly turned pale as the brain finally registered what had happened.

Then he collapsed screaming in pain while holding onto his ruined hand.

Zaria meanwhile continued counting down stalls. Number three left was simple accessories, number three right was candles and lamps. Four left had knives. Four right were hats and caps. Five left were bottles and flasks, something worth remembering. Five right were dresses, fabrics, and a young drow of maybe 150 years sitting and doing some embroidery on a handkerchief.

"Greetings, your grandfather sent me here to check out the spider silk. Or to ask where to get some." Zaria greeted and explained. "Did you make those dresses yourself?"

The girl nodded. "Welcome?" Her maybe customer was a very beautiful and young upper race. The most startling things were the white skin and hair, or was it fur? And the red eyes, blood red eyes like her race had. "I have some spider silk, yes, I usually only use it for custom orders." The girl pointed at a table covered in bolts of cloth. "White, red, purple, and black are spider silk."

Zaria checked the rolls of cloth. Black and purple almost used up, which was fine. She needed white and red mostly, at least for now.

"I'll take white and red." Zaria decided. "All of it."

"All?" The girl jumped in surprise. "That is about 50 gp worth?"

"You just named your buying price." Zaria countered with a giggle. "You were supposed to say it cost you 70 gp and that you needed it to fill orders."

"Oh, sorry?"

Zaria lifted Yuki. "Anything you like?"

The fox looked around then jumped onto a table with pillows and started digging through it.

"Uhm?" The drow seemed confused.

"Don't worry, she won't damage anything, we are just looking for another pillow." Zaria said as she caught a pillow that was about to fall off the table.

Finally, Yuki found a soft large pillow, in a gentle blue colour.

"Guess we have a winner." Zaria inspected the pillow, it was a nice pillow, not too soft, not too hard. "How much for everything?"

The drow pondered the question. "60 gp for the silk and the pillow."

Zaria poked the drow girl in the ribs. "You were supposed to say 75 gp, then go down 65 gp." She ignored the very cute squeak. "So, try again?"

"Uhm? 75 gp?"

"It is nice silk, but not top quality. 55 gp."

The drow fretted for a moment. "It took me five days to make that pillow. 70 gp."

"It is a nice pillow, but I doubt a light blue is really a popular colour. 60 gp." Zaria nodded in approval. "Good, good, getting into it."

The drow pondered for another argument. "I would have to rebuy; the white silk is perfect for painting and dyeing. 65 gp."

"Very well, 65 gp it is, under protest however." Zaria showed her protest by pulling it out in silver pieces. That being 650 silver pieces.

The girl's eyes widened. Then she whimpered. Bringing that home was going to be difficult, it was almost 6 kilograms, not counting all her normal wares, and in addition if she left her spot unattended, she would return to an empty one.

"Fine, I'll help you pack and get everything home, we can talk on the way, I want more silk, some in especially high quality. Then I need some skimpy maid outfits." Zaria nodded to herself. "Then if you are interested, I have plans for some really sexy underwear."

The younger drow stopped moving, then slowly started blushing. "Underwear?"

The vixen did a very foxy smirk.

"If you are interested, it would be a regular contract, I need materials and someone who knows how to use them. Then teach others for my production line." Zaria started packing the things the overwhelmed drow owned. "I even have an erotic line planned. That means I will need finely woven see through silk too."

The drow turned an even deeper shade of red and purple.

"Everything goes onto that trolley there?" Zaria asked.

"Yes, uhh, are you … do you mean it?" The young drow asked.

"Offering you a job? Making sexy things not yet seen before? Absolutely!" Zaria confirmed with conviction. "Need to dress up my pretties, that it is going to be a lot of money too, is just a side-benefit."

The girl got up and helped pack. "You really mean it?"

"Yes, I do." Zaria turned around and watched two guards' approach.

"You, come with us!" One of them ordered.

Zaria tilted her head. "Why?"

"You are being accused of injuring a citizen, beast." The guard explained.

"Oh?" Zaria felt her temper rise. She was getting suspicious that her former characters played a role in her temperament too. "You mean that thief that tried to steal from me, he was lucky I only crippled his hand, I could have removed it as well."

"You and your handler will explain yourselves beast."

"Lead the way." Then she growled at Yuki in fox. "Watch her, be back soon."

Zaria followed the guard through the stalls, with the other guard behind her.

------

The acolyte was despairing. She had been told to warn the matriarchs. Her mind was pulsing with the order. Now however they were stuck, she was being asked multiple times to describe what she was told, each one pondering over it, trying to find someone who would take the blame in case something went wrong. Several had struck her to make her admit she had thought it all up in a bid for attention and favour.

"I shall lead her to the Matriarch. It is on her head if she pretended to hear the Goddess." A senior finally decided.

She was led up several stairs. The senior knocked on a door with very ornate carvings.

"Matriarch, I have an acolyte who claims she has a message from the Goddess for you."

"Come in!"

The young acolyte felt really nervous, she had no idea how much time had passed since the Goddess had ordered her.

"Speak young one, you claim the Goddess gave you a message for me!" The matriarch felt powerful.

"The Goddess told me the following: 'Treat the White One with utmost courtesy, as you would an esteemed guest. Don't make her an enemy or treat her as an inferior! Warn the Matriarchs!' it is burned into my mind. I need to warn the others to be freed."

The Matriarch stared at the acolyte; she really did not look very well. She turned to the window. "That is all?"

"Yes, Matriarch." The acolyte rubbed her temples. Not caring that it was impolite. "Whoever that White One is, the Goddess thinks making her an enemy is a bad thing."

"Where am I supposed to find that white one?" The matriarch pointed out the window.

A Flame Strike fell and lit up the city.

Right after that, the loud crackling and flash of a lighting spell followed.

A pulse of pain went through the acolyte's mind. "I am sorry my Goddess, I failed you." She kneeled over, and vomited.

"How long ago was that message delivered?" The Matriarch demanded.

"About four hours ago." The head cleric informed her mother.

The matriarch stared at her daughter in disbelief. "Four hours? It took four hours for a message from the goddess to arrive?"

"Nobody wished to claim responsibility in case it was wrong, she was questioned extensively. I think punished is a better explanation, for being the one to receive that honour. I had to heal her up." Her daughter explained to her.

"Find everyone who she talked to, especially those that were physical with her. Servants, wash her, get her healed, and place her in a guest bed. I need her up when I return." The Matriarch ordered, "Daughter, gather guards and if you can find them, several of those that stalled and harmed that one. I am going out immediately, should we have angered a greater one, I wish to make sure that those responsible get punished."

------

Outside she found more guards and two clerics, where one was clearly higher ranked, her needlessly ornate armour indicating such. "Where is your handler beast?" The higher ranking one demanded.

"I am not a beast; I don't have a handler." Zaria explained holding onto her temper, a part of her demanded to drop that cleric onto the ground and grind her face into the dust. "As for that waste of air over there, his hand tried to go where it had no right to be. So, I punished it."

"No handler? Your matriarch must not like you, if she lets you go out alone, you probably outlived your time as a pet, with your lack of courtesy, I can see why."

"I am not a pet, or a slave, or a servant. I am a guest to this city."

"Guards arrest her, we will make her a nice obedient pet after some punishment."

Several guards approached. "Just so you know, I claim self defence against your blatant stupidity and selective law abuse." As the other three stepped close enough, the two behind her tried to grab her.

Spoiler

Zaria prepares for battle
Zaria rolls Initiative
1d20 + 37 = (14) + 37 = 51
Zaria equips Daggers with Quick Draw
Two Weapon Fighting applies
Improved Two Weapon Fighting applies
Greater Two Weapon Fighting applies
Perfect Two Weapon Fighting applies
Zaria prepares to attack Guards A B C D E
Power Attack -50 Attack +50 Damage
Greater Two Weapon Defense Applies +3 Shield AC
Tempest Defense applies AC +3
Weapon Focus (dagger) applies +1 Attack
Weapon Specialisation (dagger) applies +2 Damage
Greater Weapon Focus (dagger) applies +1 Attack
Greater Weapon Specialisation (dagger) applies +2 Damage
Epic Weapon Focus (dagger) applies +2 Attack
Epic Weapon Specialisation (dagger) applies +2 Damage
Improved Critical (dagger) applies 17-20 Critical Range
Melee Weapon Mastery (piercing) applies +2 Attack +2 Damage
Two Weapon Spring Attack applies
Subduing Strike all Damage is nonlethal
Zaria takes Full Attack Action
Combat Expertise -20 Attack + 20 Dodge AC
Zaria attacks Guard A
1d20 + 310 - 50 - 20 = (6) + 310 - 50 - 20 = 246
Zaria rolls Damage
Favoured Enemy (elf) applies + 6 Damage
1d4 + 23 + 6 + 50 = (4) + 23 + 6 + 50 = 83
Guard A is knocked out
Zaria attacks Guard B with 1st Off-Hand Attack
1d20 + 310 - 50 - 20 = (13) + 310 - 50 - 20 = 253
Zaria rolls Damage
Favoured Enemy (elf) applies + 6 Damage
1d4 + 23 + 6 + 50 = (4) + 23 + 6 + 50 = 83
Guard B is knocked out
Zaria attacks Guard C with 2nd Attack
1d20 + 305 - 50 - 20 = (16) + 305 - 50 - 20 = 251
Zaria rolls Damage
Favoured Enemy (elf) applies + 6 Damage
1d4 + 23 + 6 + 50 = (4) + 23 + 6 + 50 = 83
Guard C is knocked out
Zaria attacks Guard D with 2nd Off-Hand Attack
1d20 + 305 - 50 - 20 = (19) + 305 - 50 - 20 = 254 Critical Threat
1d20 + 305 - 50 - 20 = (13) + 305 - 50 - 20 = 248 Critical confirm
Zaria rolls Damage
Favoured Enemy (elf) applies + 6 Damage
( 1d4 + 23 + 6 + 50 ) * 2 = ( (1) + 23 + 6 + 50 ) * 2 = 160
Guard D is knocked out
Zaria attacks Guard E with 3rd Attack
1d20 + 300 - 50 - 20 = (3) + 300 - 50 - 20 = 233
Zaria rolls Damage
Favoured Enemy (elf) applies + 6 Damage
1d4 + 23 + 6 + 50 = (4) + 23 + 6 + 50 = 83
Guard E is knocked out

[collapse]

Instantly she withdrew her new daggers, they were getting a test spin far sooner than she had expected. She stepped out of the way and pierced through the armour in a low blow, also striking the torso hard enough to make him pass out from the impact. The guard on the left got his leg armour pierced, for a strike into the hip joint, extremely painful, but not crippling and easy to heal. The guard on the right got the dagger slipped into the armpit, where it pierced into the arm joint, carefully avoiding any major arteries. A twist and the pain caused by the grinding against the joints caused both drow to pass out. She quickly pulled the daggers from the joints and stabbed backwards. One pierced through the chest armour in a heavy strike and into the sternum, the strike disabled the drow due to the shock of having the solar plexus pierced and the heavy impact. The other dagger found its home in the lower ribs, scraping against the bones, which caused the last guard around her to faint from the pain as well. She pulled the daggers out.

"Are you going to listen now?" She looked at the daggers, the blades were now bloodied but they were still in good condition at first look. She swung the two blades through the air to dislodge most of the blood, she needed a rag or something to clean them up properly later.

"You … you! You filthy mongrel! Flame Strike!" The cleric screamed out.

Spoiler

Drow Cleric level 9 casts Flame Strike
Targets in range: Zaria, Guard A, Guard B, Guard C, Guard D, Guard E, Civilian A, Civilian B, Child A, Child B
Drow Cleric level 9 rolls Spell Penetration vs Spell Resistance
Drow Cleric level 9 rolls Damage
9d6 = (5+3+1+3+6+2+5+5+6) = 36
Zaria Spell Resistance 557
1d20 + 9 = (9) + 9 = 18
Drow Cleric level 9 fails to penetrate Zaria's Spell Resistance
Spell has no effect on Zaria
Guard A Spell Resistance 16
1d20 + 9 = (19) + 9 = 28
Guard A is unconscious and can't roll Reflex Save for half Damage, Guard A dies
Guard B Spell Resistance 16
1d20 + 9 = (3) + 9 = 12
Drow Cleric level 9 fails to penetrate Guard B' Spell Resistance
Spell has no effect on Guard B
Guard C Spell Resistance 16
1d20 + 9 = (17) + 9 = 26
Guard C is unconscious and can't roll Reflex Save for half Damage, Guard C dies
Guard D Spell Resistance 16
1d20 + 9 = (13) + 9 = 22
Guard D is unconscious and can't roll Reflex Save for half Damage, Guard D dies
Guard E Spell Resistance 16
1d20 + 9 = (20) + 9 = 29
Guard E is unconscious and can't roll Reflex Save for half Damage, Guard E dies
Civilian A Spell Resistance 14
1d20 + 9 = (4) + 9 = 13
Drow Cleric level 9 fails to penetrate Civilian A's Spell Resistance
Spell has no effect on Civilian A
Civilian B rolls Reflex for half Damage DC 19
1d20 + 1 = (20) + 1 = 21 Nat 20 Success
Civilian B receives 18 Damage, Civilian B dies
Child A rolls Reflex for half Damage DC 19
1d20 - 1 = (19) - 1 = 18
Child A receives 18 Damage, Child A dies
Child B rolls Reflex for half Damage DC 19
1d20 - 1 = (3) - 1 = 2
Child B receives 18 Damage, Child B dies

[collapse]

Then the world turned white from flames. Zaria felt the Flame Strike fade around her Spell Resistance. Her sight returned. And she saw burnt corpses, several guards, a probable civilian in a burnt stall, another stood in the burnt remains of his stall. However, what got her ire, was the two smaller corpses. That insipid murdering wastrel had killed children.

"I don't know how you survived, but the next one will get you!" The looks on the faces of the other cleric and the thief were those of disgust, disgust at her survival, not disgust at slaughtering their own minions, innocent bystanders, and children.

Zaria was thankful there was a large empty space around the clerics and remaining guards. She dropped the daggers and cast at the same time. Otiluke's Freezing Sphere became the target of several Metagics: Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Enhance Spell, Energy Admixture (lightning), Maximize Spell, and Empower Spell. The new Spell Level was SL 10, and it did 150 ice damage and 150 lightning damage.

The crackling sphere of cold and lightning hit the high-ranking cleric straight in the chest. The explosion of cold and lightning washed over the second cleric, the thief, and the remaining three guards. Even as her mind formulated and cast the spell, she reached into her belt and pulled out three talismans. The Talismans were charged with a Revivify each, and were thrown at the civilian and the two children. The burnt corpses changed into living flesh. A quick Cure Light Wounds Mass brought the former dead bodies into a safe zone health wise.

Zaria frowned. Destruction, death, useless violence, and fright. "Someone get those three clothes, you over there and you! Help me loot the guards. I want that last guard alive, so I can throw him at someone in charge."

Spoiler

Looting the clerics CR 11 CR 9, thief CR 8, Guards 8 CR 6
Rolling Coins
CR 11
1d100 = (75) = 75
4d8*100 = (8+2+3+5)*100 = 1800 gp
CR 9
1d100 = (91) = 91
2d12*10 = (1+4)*10 = 50 pp
CR 8
1d100 = (88) = 88
3d6*10 = (3+5+1)*10 = 90
CR 6 8x
8d100 = (90+75+13+73+26+83+67+14)
2d6*10000 = (3+1)*10000 = 40000 cp
1d8*1000 = (7)*1000 = 7000 sp
5d10*100 = (7+10+6+1+7)*100 = 3100 gp
Coin Loot:
40000 cp
7000 sp
4900 gp
50 pp
Rolling Goods
CR 11
1d100 = (18) = 18
CR 9
1d100 = (14) = 14
CR 8
1d100 = (55) = 55
1d6 = (2) = 2
1d100 = (87) = 87
2d4*100 = (1+4)*100 = 500 gp Black Pearl
1d100 = (66) = 66
4d4*10 = (4+1+3+4)*10 = 120 gp Amber
CR 6 8x
8d100 = (76+82+52+89+49+67+10+93)
4d4 = (3+3+4+3) = 13
4d4 = (3+4+2+1) = 10 gp hematite
8d4*10 = (3+4+4+4+4+2+3+1)*10 = 250 - 50 gp citrine, 50gp rock crystal, 50 gp rose quartz, 50 gp smoky quartz, 50 gp onyx
4d4*100 = (3+4+3+4)*100 = 1400 - 700 gp violet garnet, 700gp alexandrite
4d4*100 = (3+4+3+1)*100 = 1100 gp emerald
Items
CR 11
1d100 = (58) = 58
1d4 = (4) = 4 - 4 Minor Items
CR 9
1d100 = (17) = 17
CR 8
1d100 = (54) = 54
1d4 = (4) = 4 - 4 Minor Items
8d100 = (55+95+44+28+84+63+70+61) 1 Mundane
5d3 = (1+1+1+2+3) = 8 Minor Items
Mundane Item
1d100 = (17) = 17
1d100 = (11) = 11
1d4 = (3) = 3 Alchemist Fire
Minor Magical Items 16
16d100 = (55+77+23+45+66+41+8+92+18+80+1+50+28+35+22+19) 1 8 18 19 22 23 28 35 41 45 50 55 66 77 80 92
Armors and Shields 1
1d100 = (15) = 15 +1 Shield
1d100 = (87) = 87 Shield, heavy, steel
1d100 = (50) = 50 Steel confirmed
+1 Heavy Steel Shield 1170 gp
Weapons 1
1d100 = (99) = 99 roll again + special ability
d100 = (25) = 25 +1 Weapon
1d100 = (46) = 46 Common Melee Weapon
1d100 = (68) = 68 Shortspear
1d100 = (22) = 22 Steel
1d100 = (89) = 89 Throwing - reroll
1d100 = (59) = 59 Keen
+1 Keen Shortspear (steel wood) 8302 gp
Potions 7
7d100 = (11+53+84+84+97+82+31) = 442
Endure Elements 50 gp
Bear's Endurance 300 gp
Lesser Restoration 300 gp
Shield of Faith +3 300 gp
Protection from Evil 50 gp
Rings 1
1d100 = (40) = 40 Climbing (+5)
1d100 = (67) = 67 Nipple Ring
1d100 = (83) = 83 Cursed
1d100 = (33) = 33 Minor Erotic
1d100 = (54) = 54 Romantically Dense
Nipple Ring of Climbing (+5 Climb) (Curse: Romantically Dense) 2500 gp
Scrolls 5
5d100 = (17+93+55+2+34) 4 Arcane 1 Divine
5d100 = (34+100+41+10+29) Arcane 1 3 1 1 Divine 1
5d3 = (2+1+2+2+1) Spells carried
3d100 = (19+44+99)
Arcane SL1 CL1 Comprehend Languages 2
Arcane SL1 CL1 Hold Portal 2
Arcane SL1 CL1 Ventriloquism 2
1d100 = (74) = 74
Arcane SL3 CL5 Ray of Exhaustion 1
1d100 = (74) = 74
Divine SL1 CL1 Magic Weapon 1
Minor Wondrous Items 1
1d100 = (39) = 39
Robe of Bones 2400 gp

[collapse]

The surrounding and mentioned drow quickly obeyed. Someone who knocked out 5 guards, ignored a spell from a ranking cleric, and then destroyed said cleric and more of her guards, was someone you really did not want to cross.

"I think you had sparkling accessories, you had …" Zaria stared at the remains of the stall. "... something that had burned really well." She pointed at the huge pile of copper coins. "Give each of them ten thousand copper coins from that pile." She pointed at two stronger looking men. "You two are going to help her carry her money, that means help her get whatever she needs to get her stall fixed and restocked. Each of you can take 250 coppers from the pile for it."

The two men looked at each other, then at the little white fox that casually exterminated a cleric guard. "We will take the money."

"If she does not return, I will find you. If she gets scammed, tell me and I will take care of it. If you disappear, I will find you, even if I have to scry you." She faced them and pointed at the pile. "Now hop hop, get to work."

She pointed at the clothed children and stall owner. "Whoever dressed them, 100 coins are for you." Zaria looked round and pointed at the corpses. "I forgot to ask, but does anyone have any complaints?"

There were several drow who seemed displeased, but they did not seem to be about to protest. Might makes right, it was a basic drow tenant. The little one might not be drow, but she sure was powerful enough that such details could be ignored, maybe there was a way to get back at her later, but for now staying alive was more important.

Zaria sorted the coins, bought a large chest from a freaked out artisan. Filled it with the coppers. Liking the quality chests for the gold and silver followed. "Where can I get … the list is with Cibelle." Zaria tried to remember things from her list. "Right, who cleans up messes like this?" She waved her hand at the corpses and the single tied up and gagged survivor.

"That would usually be the guards, or if it is personal, a Matriarchs personal guards." A mature voice informed the albino. "Greetings White One, the Goddess told us you were coming. I am Matriarch Vizeria of House Meraste, I greet you to the City of Xrie'sten."

"Greeting Matriarch Vizeria, I am Zaria van Kairan, Kitsune Shrine Maiden of her fluffiness Tamano no Mae. I came to do some shopping, and possibly to get some trade done." She pointed at the chests. "Drow have a nice artistic touch at times." She pointed at a nearby stall. "A bit much on the spider, snakes, and bones motive though."

"I am a High Cleric of Lyx'ysy of the Shadows." The Matriarch really wondered why they had been warned. But the destructive force of her retaliation was impressive.

"So you came to trade with the drow of the underdark?"

"I wanted some spidersilk, I need adamantite, and I need a forge that can be used to smelt and craft adamantite." Zaria tried to remember. "I may have a proposal for one of the tailors here, oh, I need to get her home. My familiar is with her. I need to escort her home safely."

The Matriarch waved at two of her guards. "Go with her, make sure her tailor gets home safely."

"No, how else am I supposed to find her again?" Zaria asked with a slight sarcastic edge. "I don't need her scared and frightened, could you remove the corpses instead?"

The Matriarch held back her response. She was not used to having her orders countermanded. "Do it, move them away." She told her guards, ordering the ones that had kept the message away, to clean the mess up. A mess they had indirectly caused.

Meanwhile Zaria slipped through the watchers and looked for the stall with her future tailor, if everything went as it should anyway. She found the girl cowering in a corner, and Yuki was growling at two men. Both had bite marks on their legs.

"You two were trying to rob my tailor, were you?" Zaria asked sarcastically. "If you want to see what happened to the last thief, down there, hurry up or Matriarch Vizeria will have removed the bodies." She stepped aside and pointed down the row. "Or we can decide here what will happen to you two."

Immediately the most of the drow started shaking their heads, a few made cutting motions across their necks. The two robbers looked at each other. Then looked down at the small girl. This situation was very abstract. Several drow started waving frantically. It was all clearly no signs.

Spoiler

Drow Robber A rolls Int
1d20 + 3 = (14) + 3 = 17
Drow Robber B rolls Int
1d20 + 3 = (14) + 3 = 17

[collapse]

"Actually, we were just checking up on her." One of them said, causing pretty much everyone to stare at them in disbelief.

"Fine, if anything ever happens to her, you two are the first ones I'll look for." Zaria promised. "And if you think I can't find you." She switched to infernal. "The clans of darkness all have their marks, and I just need to follow the marks, one by one. One marked one will lead me to another. And if you think some simple matriarch, patron, or mistress is enough to stop me? Think again."

The two men shuddered and left in a hurry.

"That was amusing." She picked up Yuki and petted her. "Good girl." She took the few steps needed to stop before the poor overwhelmed girl. "Let's get the rest loaded up."

She heard sniffles. She approached the taller girl and hugged her. "Sorry for disturbing your perfectly normal life." She pulled the girls head lower and petted it. "You can try to fade back into anonymity. Or you can grab the chance, we can try to do something interesting. Talk it over with that grandfather of yours."

"Grandfather?"

"Who do you think told me about you?" Zaria gave the girl another squeeze and then released her. "Now let us finish packing you up."

The trio packed up, with Yuki mainly being in the way and finding things that had fallen off. The bags with coins belonging to the tailor girl were loaded onto the cart at the bottom, and covered by everything else. Zaria lifted her extremely heavy bag with all the coins she had brought and still owned.

"So if we go out there, you will face a matriarch."

The girl paled a bit.

"She will find out who you are, one way or another." Zaria twisted the imaginary knife deeper. "So, you can meet her, and I can make it clear you are mine. And that killing or hurting you is a death sentence."

The girl shuddered at the casual tone with which her future employer said that, you did not say no to people or beings that clearly had more power than you by several grades. And this one was interested in her; she was doomed to eternal servitude.

Zaria on the other hand pondered what she had just said. Some of it sounded rather cringe worthy. There were times when her mouth talked faster than the brain thought, it seemed that habit had followed her into the new life. "Coming? Or going to try to return to a normal life?"

Yes, she was doomed the young drow decided. "I am ready."

"You don't look ready."

"I am not, but I don't think it will get any better."

"Then off we go." Zaria stopped for a moment. "In this case however. I should give you more funds." She dropped her heavy bag, and pulled out two smaller coin bags. "Here is another 100 gold. I need red, white, and see-through in various colours." She hid the coin bags deeper in the cart. "Get some samples. We can go over them the next time." Now she started pulling, and the cart made some noises of complaint at the weight.

Yuki proudly took her place on top of the cart.

------

The Matriarch looked on as the crowd parted and the Shrine Maiden came out, pulling a protesting cart. A clearly intimidated girl followed after. It was probably the tailor girl the White One had talked about. At first sight she did not seem impressive, still young, maybe some 160 years old. Much too young to have any real skill.

"I'll be back in a bit, I need to get her to her uncle at least." Zaria shrugged. "Prior obligations, just one moment." She filled the coins in her bag and the other few possessions, including Yuki's pillow into the three chests. It was a close fit. The shortspear and shield were going to be carried around however.

Then she looked around. Her bag was still slung over her shoulder and almost empty. The pillow was with the gold coins. The platinum was in the gold coins chest. She was pretty much done. She decided to teleport them to her room. She did not really have enough confidence to teleport them to her office, that she had only ever been to once.

Spoiler

Zaria uses Teleport Object on Copper Coin chest
Teleport on target table
Wayfarer
2d100<=97 = (75 65, 2 successes) = 2
Teleport Object lands on target
Zaria uses Teleport Object on Silver Coin chest
Teleport on target table
Wayfarer
2d100<=97 = (27 52, 2 successes) = 2
Teleport Object lands on target
Zaria uses Teleport Object on Gold Coin chest
Teleport on target table
Wayfarer
2d100<=97 = (32 82, 2 successes) = 2
Teleport Object lands on target

[collapse]

She went to the first chest and placed her hand on it. Then it disappeared. That caught enough attention that many looked as she did the same to the second chest. Which disappeared too. Everyone was watching when she did it to the third chest.

"Did you just teleport your chests away?" The Matriarch asked.

"Yes, sent them home. Not going to be carrying those around. The spear and shield are annoying enough as it is." She placed them onto the cart. "Now we have your grandfather to visit, and I need something to drink, I only ate two skewers today. Do you think your grandfather will have more?"

"If you wish to dine, you are welcome to join me, my cooks are very proficient." The Matriarch offered.

Zaria pondered for a moment. "I would love to take you up on your offer, but my maid is waiting for me. First I need to get her to her grandfather and home." Zaria turned to the Matriarch. "You do not have to follow me around; I am not planning on doing anything." She stopped for a moment. "Well unless someone starts something again, in that case I will finish it."

"That is my worry." The Matriarch said sarcastically. "My people being too stupid to recognize power, and you correcting them in a rather final way."

Zaria pondered that for a moment. "In my defence, seven of the kills were by one of your clerics, and three of those were civilians, two of those were actually children." She countered. "So, removing her and the thief that started all this was the sensible thing to do. After all Clerics are meant to spread the word of their Goddess to the masses. Not kill off the masses."

The Matriarch kept herself from frowning at the reprimand. This was getting tedious. But then again beings of power lived by their own laws. Or rather made their own laws. "You and you, go with them, and keep everyone else out of trouble."

The group looked really amusing from the outside, a young nervous drow girl going ahead, following her was an albino upper race with a fluffy tail pulling a protesting cart. The cart should have been too heavy for her to pull actually. Trailing them were two house guards, two guards that were looking like they really did not want to be there.

"Alright, what happened?" The grandfather asked his granddaughter. "I send you a customer, now you are all panicked and being followed by guards while the customer is pulling your cart. And the cart seems to be on the verge of breaking down."

"She bought most of the silk, then she bought a pillow for her fox. She made me haggle. Then guards came because of a thief. When she left two robbers came to try to take the money but her fox kept on biting them. Then she came back, scared the robbers off, and was followed by guards. And she is eating lunch later with Matriarch Vizeria. And now we have two guards following since someone tried to kill her, but got killed instead."

The older man turned a skewer. "So, the little missy is actually hitting hard?" The older drow looked Zaria over. "You sure don't look like it at first glance, but you have something unnatural about yourself."

The young girl turned a lighter shade of grey.

"They started it, I finished it."

"What are your intentions towards my granddaughter?"

"To be my connection to the trade here. I am not interested in dealing with the suppliers myself, as she is still young, she has a fresh mind, and I want her to sew, I like her style." Zaria explained. "The reason the cart is almost breaking is the money meant for buying various silks."

The man offered a skewer to the white kitsune. Who took it, but started looking around. "Needing something?"

"I haven't eaten anything today aside from your skewers, and I need to drink something too." Zaria explained.

"Over there, she has great cavern vine tea." The older drow remarked. "I guess you want me to get her home, and then talk her through it."

"Yes, I am actually taking all remaining skewers." She pulled out two gold coins. "This enough?"

"Sure, here are the uncooked ones. These four are all done."

Zaria handed Yuki one, another she gave the drow girl, and the last two went to the guards who were clearly unsure about what to do.

"Actually, I am Zaria, Shrine Maiden of Tamano no Mae."

"Hetian, cook and proud grandfather."

"Iries, tailor." The girl said and promptly bit her tongue.

Zaria bought everyone tea. It was a slightly bitter one. But it felt good to finally drink something. She pointed with her skewer at the two guards. "You two get them home safely. Yuki you are going with them. Remember where they live, so you can lead me there, next time."

"Kon!" Yuki confirmed.

I am off to visit the matriarch. Zaria finished the tea and returned the cup. Then picked up the pile of uncooked but marinated skewers. And promptly teleported it into the kitchen of the mansion. Only to realize. "I forgot to add a note!"

Spoiler

Teleport
Wayfinder
Target seen once
2d100<=76 = (38 37, 2 successes) = 2
Teleport is on target

[collapse]

-------

The cook was already planning the dinner. The one for the masters and the one for the help.
He had just cleaned the preparation table, when out of nothing a wrapped-up pile landed on his table.

"I smell honey." Carefully he unwrapped the package. Meat skewers that were smelling sweet. "You, go find out if the missus is home, I heard she does some teleportation things that should be impossible, ‘cause I just got a skewer delivery."

"Why do you think it is hers?"

"They are meat skewers."

"Ahh, I am going then."

------

The Matriarch fought the urge to sigh. Her guest was clearly of the insane kind. Here she was coming back chewing on some skewer while drinking some kind of tea. This White One was clearly powerful, and as random as she was powerful. She resembled her goddess a lot. Whatever caught her interest better look out, whatever annoyed her, had better run very far. Though distracting her with something should work as well.

"Please come this way." The Matriarch pointed with some hidden pride at her tower. "I live in the 3rd tower." She pointed left and right. "The towers are simply named from left to right. All nine of them. Changes only happen when a lower house manages to displace a higher ranked one. Something that has not happened in almost 300 years."

"Not that long then." Zaria mentioned. "Barely a generation then. So, this city seems pretty stable. Though public safety is kind of an issue." She remembered. "One thief with public backing. Two robbers right after that."

That did strike something within the matriarch. "There is movement, one of the high houses wants to displace another high house, and replace it with one of their dependents." She pointed at the 7th tower and the 8th tower. "The members of the 7th tower are too soft, but they have a lot of backing in the lower folk." The seed was planted. While she was of the same opinion, they were rather popular with the lower classes. And they were rather un-drow, more than one rumour about them not being real devotees of Lyx'ysy was floating around. But that was fine in her opinion. It kept all those small matters away from her.

"So, extremists are fighting the moderates." Zaria gave the two towers a look. "That is why I don't like politics. It is depressing that I have to deal with such things. It is so much easier when you can simply overpower your opponent."

"Welcome to the Tower of House Meraste." The Matriarch entered. "All towers are warded against teleportation and divination."

Spoiler

Zaria rolls Knowledge (Arcana)
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 185
Zaria rolls Knowledge (Religion)
1d20 + 172 = (14) + 172 = 186
Zaria rolls Spellcraft
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 240

[collapse]

The kitsune looked up and down the tall and wide tower. "There went a lot of XP into this. Unless Halaster's Teleport Cage was used, that would allow for teleportation inside the tower."

The Matriarch was impressed. "Yes, it is as you say. The teleportations inside are allowed. Outside not however." She entered the large gate. "This is Zaria van Kairan, Shrine Maiden of Tamano no Mae, the esteemed guest prophesied by our Goddess."

Zaria inspected her welcoming committee, and saw two not drows. "May the shadows be with you and protect you. I am Zaria van Kairan, daughter of the Duke Kairan of the lands above. Kitsune Shrine Maiden of her fluffiness Tamano no Mae. May the fluff be with you. I mean you no harm unless you harm mine and those, I consider mine. May your secrets be your own."

Several figures relaxed in response. One winked however.

The large stairs in the middle were clearly the way up. And they were spiralling up, and up, and up.

"42 high floors up." The Matriarch supplied. "Unlike up there, down here we don't lack rock and we are not influenced by the weather. I heard originally these were hollowed out stone pillars.

"Makes sense, would also improve stability if they were carved from clean solid rock."

"Now, a moment, my reception room is up there, and only I am permitted to use the teleportation circle." Vizeria explained.

"That balcony up there?"

"Yes."

"Please take my hand. I will get us up there."

The Matriarch wondered about that. But then decided to test her guest. She neglected to suppress her Spell Resistance on purpose. She took the small white and surprisingly soft hand.

A twist of reality. And they were on the balcony. Zaria released the hand and walked to the open ledge. No balustrade or anything for safety. Just some 40 high stories down.

Matriarch Vizeria on the other hand was shocked. That was clearly a Dimension Door spell. She would have managed to get this high up, but barely. The White One had simply ported up here, ignoring her Spell Resistance. The matriarch calculated quickly and put her guest at least level 20. Possibly more. Since each spell went through the spell resistance. And hers was an impressive 39.

"I like it here, so high up, makes me want to jump down." Zaria said, looking down. "Looks fun to jump down. My only worry is I'd land on someone and kill them."

The matriarch despaired a bit. A drop of around 370 meters and that one worried about accidentally killing someone on impact? If anything was to convince her that this was one of Tamano's followers, then this was it: if something caught the fancy, no matter how abstract, then concerns of anyone else were only a minor issue. "Please don't, we still need them."

"I know, it is just amusing." Zaria turned her attention back to the matriarch. "Having to bring something up quickly would be a good punishment for someone."

"I may have used that a few times before." The Matriarch opened a door with ornate carvings. "Follow me." Down a hall and to the right, they went through another door into a reception room. It was tastefully decorated, almost dark, and had a balcony.

"I just realized I forgot to return the cup." Zaria looked at the cup in her hand. "Is the balcony warded?"

"No." The matriarch responded. Then realized the stupidity of it. "I will have someone take care of it."

Zaria stepped onto the balcony and looked down. "Really makes you appreciate the height." Then she teleported the cup away.

Spoiler

Teleport
Wayfinder
Target seen once
2d100<=76 = (93 82, 0 successes) = 0
Cup lands somewhere
1d100 = (69) = 69
500*0.69 = 500*0.69 = 345
d8 = (4) = 4
1d100 = (74) = 74
Cup manifests mid-air and drops onto a street without hitting someone

[collapse]

"Did you just casually teleport the cup back?"

"Yes?"

"Isn't that a waste of spells?" The answer would determine a lot about her guests' level.

"I still have sufficient spells to spare." Zaria replied without a care.

"Sit, tea or wine?" The matriarch asked and rang a bell.

Zaria moved the tail out of the way and made herself comfortable. "Tea please, I already had wine today." She relaxed on the very comfortable couch. "I like the couch. Is the maker still alive?" Zaria asked.

"Yes, she lives in the city, her grandchildren have taken over the trade now." The matriarch remembered. "If you want me to introduce you, I can arrange that."

Spoiler

Vizeria rolls Diplomacy
1d20 + 48 = (5) + 48 = 53
Vizeria rolls Sense Motive
1d20 + 50 = (3) + 50 = 53
Zaria rolls Diplomacy
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 345
Zaria rolls Sense Motive
Skill Mastery "Take 12" 237

[collapse]

"Sure~" Zaria chirped. "Is there anything you people down here want from up there?" Zaria pointed up. "Since you mentioned wine, I found a small town that makes really good wine." She tilted her head. "I heard they make good mead too. We can probably find some good things to brag about to the other matriarchs if you want."

Vizeria frowned. "I think some exclusive items are good enough for me. If you want general trade, then you are better off with going to the 7th tower."

"You really want me to go to the 7th tower."

"It is the least racist one. It is also the one with the most followers of the normal classes."

"So, luxury items go through you, and the small items that are impossible to be received here will go through the 7th tower." Zaria pondered. "It would be a cooperation that will give the 3rd tower prestige with the lower masses, and the 7th tower would get some nice protection due to the association with your house." Zaria took the cup and inhaled the fragrance. "You know, I prefer the upper teas. The way I saw your guards move and your little show when we arrived tells me you are more of a militant house. Your equipment is good, most members of the house you showed off seemed to be of a rather high level."

"Yes, it is better to have more partnerships. You are not the type to allow the little people to suffer if it is not needed, and especially since they might amuse you."

"Touché~"

She drank her tea. "I guess you need to introduce me to the 7th tower then." The young kitsune pondered. "Will three days be enough? I should probably take a break somewhere, and I will get my maid to come next time, she has my plans."

"Too much to do?"

"The thing I fear the most is meeting my fangirls. I have a meeting with my minions too sometime."

Both looked at the tail that was poofed out.

"I have amnesia, shattered soul stitched together with a Miracle of Tamano no Mae." She started soothing the tail back into fluffy instead of a giant poof. "It always happens when I someone mentions fangirls. It is like someone zapped me with a light lightning spell."

"Whatever it is you forgot must have been terrible." The matriarch finally saw a flaw in her visitor. "Whatever your fangirls did, must have been terrible, that even without your memories the soul remembers. And now fangirls trigger these sealed away memories."

Zaria growled. "Maybe I should simply go and take a walk through the city? Unattended naturally, losing a few guards just needs a single teleport."

The two epic females glared at each other.

A knock interrupted them, one of the matriarch's daughters entered. And found herself the focus of two glares. With a squeak she closed the door again.

"We will continue this another time." Zaria decided. "I think work is calling you."

"Enter." The matriarch did not respond to the challenge.

"Mother, the acolyte has awakened."

"Bring her."

"What acolyte?"

"The one who foretold your coming."

"The one with the vision from your goddess?"

"Prophecy, message, I take it you are not a diviner?"

"Not really, I have always been the more own mind, do it on your own, take an advantage if it is offered type." Zaria responded. "Seems to come with a dislike for not sensible laws and authority, especially since I am powerful enough to ignore them." Talking to someone about her issues felt oddly cleansing. Especially since this person actually held no importance to her.

"Well, power is a much-favoured thing. If you deserve it, it can be a treasure. If you don't, it can be a blight upon the world." The matriarch pondered.

"Oh, I don't deserve it at all." Zaria replied casually, waving a hand. "I guess that is why I was given it, all this power, and I don't have anything I really want to do aside from exploring the world. Both under and above ground. And tend to my shrine whenever I am not adventuring."

"You say you don't deserve your power?"

"Not at all, after all it was freely given by her fluffiness." Zaria drank more of her tea. "I doubt it is a test, but since I was given all this, I will do my best to enjoy it all~"

The matriarch shuddered. This being did not deserve all that power by its own admission, but was going to use it, for whatever she wanted. Her only wish was to see the world. No mention of what would happen during her exploration.

There was a knock on the door. "The acolyte has arrived." the familiar voice of the matriarch's daughter called out.

"Enter." it saved the matriarch from having to comment on the whimsical being before her.

Her daughter and her acolyte entered. Then the acolyte saw the guest, froze, and dropped to her knees fast enough to actually hit her head on the floor with a cracking sound.

Zaria rose from the very comfortable couch and approached the almost passed out acolyte. She laid her hand on her head and channelled her Pool of Healing. Only 5 hp, but that should be enough to heal up an acolyte. Just in case she pulled out an ofuda and charged it with a Panacea in hopes of removing a possible concussion. A Prestidigitation took care of the blood. "You seem to know who I am."

"Yes!" came a panicked squeak.

"In that case, please rise, I am not the type to like you lying in your blood and with a concussion, or is this an aftereffect of the message?"

"I, I …."

Zaria sighed. Then picked up the taller women. She carried her over to the couch and sat down setting the poor acolyte next to her, and pulled the acolyte's head into her lap. "Now relax." She started to pet her victim who was giving her matriarch pleading looks. "I am going to continue petting you until you finally relax, I am not going to bite. Unless you ask me to."

The acolyte took several moments to understand. Then started to colour red with a purple tint.

"Having fun tormenting my acolyte?"

"No, I dislike people bowing to me in absolute submission." Zaria responded. "And being needlessly afraid of me. I don't actually go out to cause harm, if I did the city would have burned down already."

The matriarch, her daughter, and the acolyte shuddered at the casual way their guest mentioned it.

"Thank you, my tea is empty, I should go or my maid will kill me." Zaria released her captive, who was too scared to move. "Thank you for your hospitality, I will drop by in a few days, then we can sit down and decide on a schedule. I can't say anything more since I don't know what will happen."

"Three or four days, should be enough to inform all the towers, and set up a meeting with them to explain your future presence." With a sarcastic tint she added. "And why annoying you is a really bad idea."

"If someone complains, let them pick a champion and I will prove it."

"I shall mention it, you will probably have to face three champions then."

"Let them pick, melee, ranged, or magic." Zaria smirked. "It is all the same to me."

"Very well." The matriarch rose. "Until next time, White One."

"Until next time Matriarch of House Meraste, may the shadows bring you comfort." Zaria said her goodbye and used another Dimension Door.

------

Yuki had brought the two her mistress needed to their home, then led the two followers back towards where her mistress was.

Once there, the door was opened and she and the two minions were let in.

The two quickly left her alone. She felt her mistress high up, very high up. Too high to bother, she was going to wait down here at the stairs until her mistress came back.

After a while one of the minions brought her a bowl with water. She lapped it up and took a moment to curl up and relax.

Sometime later her mistress popped into reality. She ran over and scrambled up onto the shoulders and curled around the neck.

She let her mistress carry her out of the tower.

Then the two faded out of reality.

Spoiler

Teleport
Wayfinder
Target seen once
2d100<=76 = (43 28, 2 successes) = 2
Teleport is on target

[collapse]

------

Zaria found herself on the porch. Both her and Yuki blinked at the sudden brightness. A bright sunny day was completely incomparable to the darkness of the underdark.

The two females enjoyed the feeling of the sun on their skin.

Then Zaria used the door knocker.

After a while she heard a young voice ask. "Who is there?"

"Zaria, I came with Cibelle."

"But Cibelle is inside."

"I went out, now I am back. I'll wait here, so ask Cibelle."

"You will really wait here?"

"Yes."

"Okay~"

Moments later she heard the little one run off.

So, she waited.

Sometime later the door opened, and a rather displeased looking Cibelle looked right at her.

"Yes, I know, I went too quickly, but in my defence, I felt like it could work, and it did. I found the city, had a snack, and drank tea with a matriarch. And killed a child murdering cleric and her minions." Zaria replied. "I even got souvenirs? I sent more of them home already."

The maid stared at her mistress.

"If I had taken you, you would have died. Gotten burnt to a crisp." Zaria countered. "I need you next time anyway. They have a tailor I want; an incredibly comfortable couch was there as well. And naturally there is the trade I want to have with the underdark."

"You are not allowed to go out alone any more Mistress. Next time you will start a war."

"Can you run seven times as fast as a normal person? Or fly for an hour, including out-flying giant bats? Or take a flame strike from a level eleven or higher cleric?" Zaria did not budge.

The two had a staring match.

"Compromise, if I know it is safe for you to come, or if I am sure I can keep you alive I will take you, or Cinnamon." Zaria did not budge on the safety issue.

"And who will protect you?"

"I don't think there is anyone capable of doing that around. And no, Elior does not count, she is too strait-laced." Zaria gave her opinion.

"Very well, now I will say goodbye to my family, then we can leave."

"Want me to fix your ribs first?"

"Yes please."

------

Finally, home. Zaria went into the bath quickly to wash up, and relax in a hot bath tub. She felt the strain of flying mainly, the wings were not completely physical probably, but that did not change the fact that she felt her back muscles being tense.

She really needed to relax, and take a day off.

"Welcome back mistress." Her cheerful pet welcomed them after a while. "Miss Elior was looking all over the place for you."

"Tell her, I will meet her at dinner." Zaria put the cleric off.

"Cibelle the list." Seeing how the small bunny held out the hand demandingly to the taller and bustier drow was amusing. After a few moments the drow complied and handed the list over. "Mistress, did anything else come to mind?"

"I am getting a tailor from the underdark, younger drow girl, getting introduced to the makers of the most comfortable couch I have ever sat on, meeting other persons of interest in a few days, and getting some info on possible general trade." Zaria remembered. "Then there are the small things in Trianna, like some mead I heard about, cardamom, more wine, cuddle the small kitten, and maybe check on the punished guards sometime."

The bunny left the bathroom with her price and disappeared.

The remaining two went back to Zaria relaxing, and Cibelle working on the long hair.

A little later the bunny returned with three new lists.

"This is the short-term list, things that might appear while being out, and things you can get easily." She handed it to Cibelle. "The second list is more of a long term and needs work. And the third is the social list. Please check them if I missed anything?"

Easy and quick list
-) tessen, pair
-) wine
-) sake
-) spices
-) equipment
-) fluffy sex slave
-) amusing items
-) tease Elior

Long term and trading list
-) alchemist for dyes or an alchemist lab
-) adamantite
-) smithy being capable of forging with adamantite
-) an enchanter capable of +5 (+10 better)
-) wood, roof tiles, outside brooms
-) repair shrine
-) spider silk (underdark, steady supply)
-) set up trade with underdark

Social List
-) cuddle kitten
-) meet minions
-) meet fangirls
-) meet Marielle van Aschen
-) get more tailors
-) meet matriarchs in the underdark
-) create a point reward system
-) check on guards

"All the learning I need to do." Zaria added.

Cibelle pondered for a moment. "Tell her father about the two guards in Trianna. Then she wanted to take some missions in Trianna, to get more money and other items."

"Oh, I forgot about those." Zaria remembered. "I need some darkwood too, I want to make a proper bow for myself."

The bunny collected the lists and made a few amendments.

Easy and quick list
-) tessen, pair
-) wine
-) sake
-) spices
-) equipment
-) fluffy sex slave
-) amusing items
-) tease Elior

Long term and trading list
-) alchemist for dyes or an alchemist lab
-) darkwood
-) adamantite
-) smithy being capable of forging with adamantite
-) an enchanter capable of +5 (+10 better)
-) wood, roof tiles, outside brooms
-) repair shrine
-) spider silk (underdark, steady supply)
-) set up trade with underdark
-) take guild missions for money and loot
-) learning
-) take a day off

Social List
-) cuddle kitten
-) meet minions
-) meet fangirls
-) meet Marielle van Aschen
-) get more tailors
-) meet matriarchs in the underdark
-) tell father about the jailed guards
-) create a point reward system
-) check on guards

The expanded lists were checked.

"I don't have time for a day off!" Zaria complained.

"But will take one off anyway." The bunny suddenly seemed surprisingly stubborn. "You will burn yourself out otherwise, Mistress!"

"I agree with Cinnamon." Cibelle sided with her fellow maid. "Why not spend tomorrow relaxing in Trianna. We can make a picnic as you inspect the shrine, we can get some wine for the food."

Zaria looked behind her, a drow staring intently at her. She looked to the left, a bunny looking adorable while trying to make a firm point. She looked right, nothing on the right. "Fine, tomorrow will be shrine and exploration day. No work planned, aside from taking a better look at my shrine."

The bunny nodded. "I will make a copy of the lists for you, Cibelle, and I will inform Elior and the cooks." The bunny froze for a moment. "We should probably take some guards too."

"Take the two that were in Trianna last time. One of them will probably run off to hang out with her bitches, the other will stay put and look uncomfortable."

"I will go inform the commander." Cinnamon remembered something. "Your daggers will be cleaned and oiled soon."

"And make them dress as adventurers instead of guards, we are not going there in any House Kairan related capacity." Zaria called out as the bunny was about to close the door.

Then she sunk deeper into the water.

"A day off … no idea what to do aside from napping." Zaria seemed lost. Even in the life before it was work, pass out on Saturday, wake, go shopping, do housework, meet friends, rest more on Sunday, do more housework, play some, and then go to sleep for a new week.

"You can explore the shrine, explore the town for fun, and you could always go and visit that wolfgirl. Or visit Millie and find out if there are any cowgirls in need of an owner." Cibelle smirked. "You could always take Elior with you and flirt shamelessly in front of her. And make all the lewd comments you ever wanted to but never had a chance to."

"I have no idea. I need to think some up I guess, if I had any before, I do not remember them."

"Mistress, it is time for dinner soon, please prepare yourself." Cinnamon entered again and called her.

"Reminds me, Cibelle, has Elior seen you since you left your amulet behind?"

"Not that I can remember." Cibelle responded.

"Amulet?" Cinnamon was confused. "Oh, you mean the turn into a drow thing?"

"Actually, she was always a drow." Zaria corrected.

"Really? You did not seem surprised by it, Mistress."

"I have True Seeing as a kitsune. So, illusions and transformations have no effect on me." Zaria explained. "It is why I was not surprised. And before you wonder, I have Darkvision and Low-Light-Vision too. Makes things interesting, I had to ask what hair colour and eye colour Cibelle supposedly has. It is why I only found out now that Cibelle was supposedly much less busty."

The bunny looked at Cibelle's chest, and then at her own much more modest build.

"I like you as you are." Zaria casually mentioned. "I find your ears very sexy and perfect for nibbling on."

The bunny blushed a deep red. "Uhh, Mistress, the ears are a sensitive zone for me." It was embarrassing to admit it.

"Oh, oooh." Zaria felt a light blush creep up. "So, every time I nibbled on your ears, or petted them. You felt aroused?"

She blushed, but she nodded.

"Good to know."

------

Dinner was amusing.

Elior alternated in glaring at Cibelle and Zaria. One for looking like a drow, the other for making the former look like a drow.

"I am not sure if you were told, I left two guards locked up in Trianna. And did some creative punishment."

"How creative?"

Elior really wondered what that kitsune had done.

"The racist is now a cowgirl, and the molester who does not understand the word no, can't get it up any more."

Elior winced, those sounded like harsh punishments, but then again if they deserved it, they could always be undone.

"And I will take you up on the introductions to the traders."

Elior saw the bunny's ears perk up, she pulled out sheet and started to note something down. Elior shuddered a bit, that little one was totally happy being a sex pet.

"But that will have to wait a bit. I will get more information on possible trade objects in a few days." Zaria shook her head. "I forgot to explain. I might have a trading route to the underdark soon, and one to Trianna."

Elior was shocked. "Wait! Is that why Cibelle looks like a drow now?"

Zaria gave Cibelle a look up and down. "Looks all the same to me."

"But she is a drow with bigger breasts than me now!"

"She looks the same as always to me." Zaria pointed at her face. "True Seeing, Illusions don't work on me."

The Duke spoke said the final word. "I do not see any issues."

Elior seethed, they were playing with her, they were all out to get her.

------

Zaria sighed. Today had been a long day. She explored more than in any of her lives before. There it was again, memories of what she had played, becoming immersive and real memories. She pulled the poor passed out bunny closer, successfully fighting off the urge to nibble on the ears some more.

Maybe there was really something about getting another sex pet after all. She had an extreme libido, and all the stamina of an epic character.


Glossary has D&D 3.5 Game and Rule Information
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/69709/lets-explore-and-enjoy/glossary/
Discord Link
https://discord.gg/chtmk3t
Character Sheets
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sJdLJ_NUhYLzvsVnnyeNTjpE-X5ksjBw?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Dramatis Personae (quick Character overview on who, where, what, contains spoilers)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyEHE2l_FYYl6Q2iaj6e3BQmbbHpnZIAVja59T4i-xM/edit?usp=sharing
Timeline (which mc did what where and when, massive spoilers)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TD7tSrDjTnwvTyqV3OtvJzoxzxzLtvhlZY3LtGplkvI/edit?usp=sharing

[collapse]

This was too much, the chapter exploded more than I thought.
Words: 21050
Characters 116156
Characters excluding spaces: 96066
Before editing again and again

As usual, everyone comment and enjoy.

New poll. Want me to rename the chapters? Day 1 - Zaria, Day 2 - Fel … Week - 1 XX when time Skipping?
1: Chapter names are fine the way they are.
2: Rename them, gives a better look at the timeline.
3: The date is fine inside the chapter.
4: Don't care, your choice.
5: Where is the porn?
6: This is a boring poll.

Want me to rename the chapters?
  • 1: Chapter names are fine the way they are. Votes: 85 37.1%
  • 2: Rename them, gives a better look at the timeline. Votes: 34 14.8%
  • 3: The date is fine inside the chapter. Votes: 46 20.1%
  • 4: Don't care, your choice. Votes: 63 27.5%
  • 5: Where is the porn? Votes: 104 45.4%
  • 6: This is a boring poll. Votes: 32 14.0%
Total voters: 229 · This poll was closed on Aug 22, 2021 09:37 PM.
93