Chapter 55 – System, what is wrong with these heroines?
1.6k 7 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the moonlight.

The atmosphere around Riser's private villa complex was not peaceful at all. There were sounds of gunfire and explosions coming from the forest not far away.

The sounds of course came from the battle between the 100 assassins sent by the protagonist vs the men sent by the heroines.

So far the battle was leaning towards the side of the people the heroines sent, and the assassins the protagonist sent were at a disadvantage. Many of them died who didn't have a high enough cultivation base died easily under the hail of bullets, whereas for those in the 5/6 rank martial artist realm, they could easily dodge the bullets but they also had a hard time fighting against the dark guards who had cultivation bases no less than theirs.

In fact the assassins also carried rifles, but there weren't many of them, after all they were only told to kill a rich young generation, they naturally underestimated the target they wanted to kill. So their preparations were just standard for killing people in general, and they did not expect that the level of this assassination mission would be so high.

Why is the level so high?

Well are you blind? See, the rich second generation they wanted to kill was not only protected by his bodyguards, but he was also apparently protected by a police group!

There's also a group dressed as soldiers like special forces!

And a group of dark guards that could be seen from their cultivation base that they must have been sent by a big family in Japan.

What was wrong with this mission? The assassins felt that they had been tricked by the person who posted this mission on the dark web and they regretted being blinded by greed to take on this mission that they originally thought was easy with a high reward.

*Boom!*

Some assassins were blasted by grenades and others were panting to avoid any attacks from the other party.

"Damn! If I knew it would be like this, I wouldn't have taken this mission!"

"Retreat! We better back off!"

There were less than a dozen assassins left at the moment, and those people chose to retreat rather than continue this mission.

It was just that the forest they were in was basically surrounded, and the agile dark guards didn't let the assassins escape either.

"*Snort!* Want to run? Can you guys even run away from this place? Since you guys dared to target our young master, you only have one choice after coming here. You must all die!"

One of the dark guards who came from the Phenex family immediately moved very quickly like a shadow and suddenly appeared behind one of the assassins with a knife-like hand gesture.

"Ahhh--!!!"

Blood splattered, the assassin's heart was pierced by the dark guard's hand. The other assassins who saw this felt a chill on their backs. They wanted to run, but they were also surrounded by the other party.

Roygun happened to block one of the assassins who was shot in the leg, she pointed a gun at the assassin and said: "Don't move! Many of your friends are already dead, if you had obeyed to be taken to the police station, you wouldn't have to die here."

As a policeman, Roygun naturally preferred to catch criminals rather than kill them. The assassins who died were just people who were stubborn enough to fight back, but if the assassin had chosen to surrender, the police would not have been so cruel to kill them.

It was just that in this situation, Roygun was still too naive, she did not notice the assassin's eyes were full of killing intent towards her. And he was no ordinary assassin either, he was one of the top ten assassins in the dark web and his power was certainly not easy.

Assassins at this level have their own pride as assassins. So instead of giving up because he failed to complete his mission, he would rather fight to the death in this situation. Seeing the pebble lying near his feet, he took advantage of this to kick the pebble towards the gun Roygun was holding.

Roygun reacted too late, even though he was also not an ordinary person and had a cultivation base, but the other party's speed was superior to her. The pistol slipped out of her hand due to the impact of the pebble, and the assassin used this opportunity to lunge towards Roygun who was standing not far away.

Roygun panicked, coincidentally her location was also somewhat separated from the police or people from other groups. So right now she was practically alone with the assassin in front of her.

Seeing the dagger being swung towards her neck, she felt that this moment was the moment of her death!

Roygun regretted being merciful to this assassin earlier, she subconsciously closed her eyes and waited for the pain to hit her.

But after she waited and waited, the pain of having her neck slashed never came.

Roygun was naturally curious and opened her eyes. When she saw the scene in front of her, she was dumbfounded because all she saw was the assassin lying on the ground with blood gushing from his chest.

The assassin who was about to attack her was already dead.

"Huh? What happened? Did someone shoot? But I didn't hear any gunshots..."

At this moment Roygun could not help but think of the figure of the blond man in her mind.

And sure enough, when she thought of that man.

His inner voice was heard.

[Tch! That was close. If I had fired my <Rasen Bullet> too late, this heroine, Roygun might already be dead!]

[This plot correction is quite outrageous, does the heroine not have a plot armor? The protagonist isn't even here to do save heroine.]

[I villain had to intervene myself to save the heroine. What a hassle! Should I tell Roygun that I saved her and let her repay me with her body? Well forget it, I'm not in the mood to do it.]

Excuse me? Why aren't you in the mood? This woman is so beautiful!

Hey isn't it good to show yourself off and pretend to be cool like a hero who saves beauty?

Although Roygun felt grateful to Riser for saving her, but she felt sour in her heart.

Is it just me or is Riser not eager to get her heart?

This man is eager to get her hands on other heroines, but why is he indifferent to her? Roygun could not help but doubt her charm.

She clenched her fists, and suddenly had the urge to prove how attractive she was as the most beautiful police flower to that dog man!

"Captain! Are you alright? We've finished dealing with the other assassins."

One of her subordinates arrived, Roygun adjusted her mentality and returned to her professional mode.

"Is anyone still alive?"

The policeman shook his head.

"Unfortunately not, captain. It was difficult to capture them alive because of their resistance."

Roygun sighed at this report, but she nodded, at least it was better to let the assassins die than to let them escape.

"Good job, clean up this place immediately."

"Yes, captain!"

...

Dozens of meters away from Roygun, Riser who was already in the forest also returned to his villa immediately after watching the show and making sure all the assassins were dead.

Lying in his room, he sighed and felt that he did not expect the heroines to send people to deal with the assassins that the protagonist sent.

After observing the battle earlier, besides the people sent by his family, he had also confirmed that there were people sent by the heroines.

For example Roygun with her police team.

Rias who seemed to have contacted her brother to mobilize soldiers from the Japanese special forces.

Grayfia with the Lucifuge Family's dark guard army.

And finally the dark guards sent by his family.

What puzzled him the most was why these heroines knew that assassins would sneak into his villa tonight.

Riser felt like these heroines were clairvoyant. Could it be that not only heroines like Latia had fortune-telling abilities, but there were also other heroines?

Just kidding, of course he highly doubted Latia could tell fortunes back then. It would actually make more sense if these heroines secretly formed a group and combined their intelligence to deal with him or protagonist.

"System, what is wrong with these heroines?"

[There is nothing wrong with the heroines, host.]

"Nonsense! I don't believe it! Hey, you know something, right?"

[...I don't know. By the way, how about we see what reward you got today, host?]

Riser rolled her eyes, the system changed the subject and started reminding him about the reward as usual.

In the back of his mind, he knew the system was hiding something from him. But well... There was no point in forcing it if the system didn't want to talk.

He could only figure out for himself why these heroines often acted as if they knew the future.

However, he actually already had a rough guess as to why it happened and he chose to observe the situation first for the time being.

Now you just need to act as you normally would.

"Okay, show me my reward."

[Ding! You successfully survived the plot, you get the <Invisibility Force Field Device>! With this device you can protect your home or a place with an invisible shield 100 meters away. (PS: This force field shield is strong enough to withstand attacks from human weapons in this world. Unless the attack is at nuclear level or above, you don't have to worry about this shield being destroyed.)]

[Ding! You successfully survived the plot correction, you get the <God Level Assassin Skill>! Congratulations host, you have become the first rich second generation with the best assassin skills in the world.]

The series of text on the system screen made Riser's eyes light up. In his mind, a lot of information about assassin techniques and moves were printed in his brain. This god-level assassin skill was not really a supernatural skill, but more like a technique for killing countless people. As long as the person he wanted to kill didn't have supernatural powers that exceeded his own, anyone could be killed easily.

For example to assassinate a president of a country, his assassin skills could allow him to sneak into the president's house without being caught by the security system and he could even kill the president on the spot without being noticed by anyone.

In comparison, his assassin skills can even make the assassins in this world run away with their money due to the shame and inferiority they feel.

And another good thing was the Force Field Device. Riser took out the device from his system inventory and a square iron suitcase-like object with several buttons appeared in front of him.

Since this was an high-tech item that came from the system, he naturally immediately understood how to use it as well. Starting to click a few buttons on the device, it glowed and began to spread an invisible shield covering the entire area of the villa.

If it was with ordinary human eyes, he himself could not even see that a shield had enveloped his villa. He could only see the shield using his Golden Eye which made him nod in satisfaction because with this he no longer had to worry about assassin attacks that might come again in the future.

In addition to having the function to make the shield invisible, this force field device was also able to identify the people he chose not to be affected by the invisible shield.

For example Grayfia and Ophis, he had arranged for them to be able to enter and exit the villa without worrying about being blocked by the invisible shield.

Riser was so satisfied with this advanced device, he wondered if he could get more of these? If he could he wanted to install these force field devices in his parents' house and his woman's house.

"System, can I..."

[No.]

"Hey I haven't even finished talking yet."

Riser's lips twitched, this system... Can you be more polite to your host?

He knew that since this system could also read his mind, it would already know what he wanted to ask. It's just that this dog system rejected him immediately before he finished speaking.

[Cough! Sorry host, but can't... The rewards given by the system are random and cannot be duplicated. Maybe it can be done when the system is upgraded to the next version, but...]

"But what?"

Riser wondered what was wrong? He correctly remembered the system saying that in the next version of the system, there would be a System Store that would allow him to purchase many things.

So it should be possible to buy the Force Field Device he had just obtained using his destiny points or whatever.

Knowing what her host was thinking, the system immediately poured cold water.

[It's true that the host can buy it at the System Store after the system version is upgraded, but let me tell you a few details about the price of that Force Field Device.]

"Oh? So it's a matter of price... Could it be the price... Seriously? Isn't it just an high-tech device that's good for defense?"

[Host underestimated it too much... Actually, the Force Field Device that the host got today is an S-level item with a price of 2******* destiny points.]

Riser fell silent.

"So many numbers are censored... Can't you tell me clearly? If the price is high, I just need to accumulate points..."

He could hear the sound of the system sighing inside his head.

Okay, what's agaun with this dog system? You still object to your host's idea?

[Host, it's not that I'm forbidding you to buy the things you want, but... Do you know how many destiny points you've accumulated so far? If you did, I'm sure you'd be reluctant to waste your points on buying that force field device.]

Hearing this, Riser could guess that the destiny points he had accumulated so far must not have been so many. It's not like he hadn't been trying to get as many points as possible all this time, I mean didn't I almost work every day to mess up the plot? This development must have been good because almost every day he harvested destiny points from the protagonist, perhaps even from the heroines.

It was just that he didn't know how many points he got on average each time he messed up a single plot. From the system's tone of voice, it doesn't seem like too many which means it would be a waste if you accumulate points to buy items in the System Store at expensive prices that are not worth your income so far.

This means that instead of buying a force field device, it is better to buy other items that are cheaper and useful for him in the System Store.

[Unbelievable... You can already guess that far with just a little information. As expected from my host!]

The system's voice sounded cheerful and proud which made Riser snort.

"I don't feel happy with your praise this time, system. Can you say something more useful?"

He was just idly saying that to express his dissatisfaction, but he didn't expect this dog system to actually say something useful.

[Host, didn't you get the Jade Stone with Key that should have belonged to the protagonist today? You can use it for yourself.]

"Huh? I can? Wouldn't that only be useful for people who have the Dragon King Inheritance in their bodies like Issei?"

[No, host. You can too because you are a Transmigrator whose soul is no less strong than protagonist's.]

"Sounds reasonable, but why are you only telling me now? You know, if you say it too late. I'll probably destroy this strange key in the near future so that the protagonist never gets it back."

[...Host didn't ask.]

Riser was too lazy to talk to his system anymore, he was already tired of hearing cliché answers like "Host didn't ask.".

He took out a jade stone with a key from his inventory, and pried the key from the surface of that jade stone. Looking at the gold-colored key with a circular dragon design, he couldn't help but smile.

In the original work, this key could be used by the protagonist to open a hidden door in a temple in Kyoto. In the plot, the protagonist is guided by his protagonist halo and manages to find the hidden door. The protagonist even knows right away that the door can be opened with the key he got from the auction he participated in before.

This coincidence plot is really outrageous. How can someone be so lucky to buy a strange unknown key at an auction and then in less than a month, that person also finds a hidden door that can be opened using that key by chance when he is picking up women.

This kind of outrageous thing can of course only be done by the protagonist whose luck is against the sky just because he has the protagonist's halo.

Riser sighed, of course that only happened in the original work, after all in this world the protagonist would probably never be able to rise because he would always prevent it at every chance.

In this world, every opportunity the protagonist has will always be plundered by him, even the hidden door in the current Kyoto can only be entered by him.

He was excited and even thought of immediately going to Kyoto right now just to open the hidden door in the shrine. But he quickly calmed himself down, after all there were still problems he had to solve first before he could go anywhere with peace of mind.

Actually, what lies behind that hidden door is another dimension connected to another world. That's why in the original work only the protagonist could enter there, even if anyone else tried to enter there, they couldn't because they would immediately feel dizzy and faint.

Why does that happen? It's because only people with strong mental qualities can enter that other world. And as the protagonist, Issei has the Dragon King Inheritance which strengthens his soul so that he can enter the door to that other world.

There are many opportunities in that other world and in the original work after the protagonist returns from the other world. His combat power had already jumped to Realm Fairy Land Stage Two, and he also gained many other good things after returning from his trip to the other world.

Riser had initially given up on getting this opportunity, but after the system said he could also enter the other world it was because his soul was strong enough as a Transmigrator. Now he certainly planned to steal all the opportunities belonging to the protagonist in that other world.

He would not let go and would leave nothing for the protagonist!

...

On the other side.

Not knowing why, Issei suddenly felt a bad feeling as if someone wanted to steal something from him.

This kind of thing was not the first time it had happened, and naturally he immediately thought of that blond-haired bastard.

Issei was already angry at the thought of this in his room, but that was not all.

He heard a notification from his laptop, when he checked it with a Dragon King smile on his face.

He was dumbfounded because instead of receiving the good news that Riser was dead, it was the opposite.

His face was red with anger, he almost wanted to punch his laptop.

"Why?! Why is that bastard so hard to kill!"

"Even if the Phenex family has many experts guarding Riser's security, there's no way they're more than the 100 assassins I hired, right? Many of them are even elites with a cultivation base that isn't low."

"How can that many people now be dead!"

Issei looked at the red marks on all the assassins he hired in disbelief. The red mark on an assassin's profile on the dark web was a sign that the assassin was dead.

Although he was reluctant to believe, but he was also not stupid to think that the dark web was deceiving him. Precisely because he was a person who had years of experience doing transactions on the dark web, he knew that the dark web never joked about the death of assassins registered on their web.

All assassins registered on the dark web, have a small chip on their body as a requirement for registration. That little chip served to confirm the life and death of the assassins. If an assassin loses their life, the signal emitted by the chip on the assassin's body will die and the dark web can know that the assassin has died and announce it on the dark web.

Only Issei didn't understand, were the experts behind Riser so powerful that 100 elite assassins weren't enough to defeat them?

Poor Issei...

If he knew that not only the experts of the Riser family ruined his plan, and when he learned that the heroines also sent people to protect Riser.

He would probably vomit blood.

He would not have expected and did not understand why all the women he wanted, all gathered around Riser and even protected that bastard like a mother hen guarding her young.

He was so envious! As the protagonist, why until now he didn't have a single beautiful with more than 90 beauty points on him side!

... 

Author note

Can someone recommend me a Marvel fanfic? I've recently gotten addicted to reading Marvel fanfics and it's fun. I want to read others, but I want ones with harems in them. If there's no harem, I'm reluctant to read it. It's like eating French fries without sauce which makes it taste less good.

44