12.1
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jhades, who was among monsters, lost control of his breathing. He found it so hard to make a decision without first knowing the outcome. "Do I go back to the Great Wise Wizard on my own or did he fight them?" was the question on his mind. He understood that he was more likely to die if he made a move alone than accompanied.

Rey did not wait for his brothers to make a decision. Expelling great threatening power and all his murderous intent, he leapt in the direction of the leader of the three subjects who dressed their bodies in worn armor, which made use of the [OEM] logo composed of letters that Rey did not understand, but also did not care about.

The wolf and the vampire saw a shadow pass between them at high speed. In the blink of an eye, Rey shot out from within the forest with the intention of circling his targets so that they would ignore their siblings. As the little hybrid ran as close to the ground as he could, he dodged the daggers that sought to stab him while trying to remain calm. White was also involved, but the feline knew that his role was to assist his partner and also to surround the targets on the opposite side with the intention that they would not lower their guards or focus all their attention on a single target.

The small white-eyed man, while keeping his distance, was studying his enemies without ceasing to run in circles around them. Three imposing subjects were his main concern. They were not as large as his father, but they did wear full armor whose only openings were on the back of the thighs and under the arms. The three helmets were composed of different plumes, one of red hair, one of gray feathers and the last of red feathers. The wearer of the red-feathered plume held what appeared to be a polearm with two huge sharp ears, a dagger protruding from the middle and before the hilt the space for vestiges of what appeared to be a flag. The wearer of the gray feathered helmet had a leaner and more agile build. He stood erect with his right fist behind his back, and with his left hand holding aloft what appeared to be a fine double-edged saber whose guard covered the wearer's fist. The last one, who wore the helmet with red hair, the one who had been talking and throwing the knives, had a more open stance to the others, carrying in his left hand what was a sheathed rapier whose opposite end rested on the ground.

Lacking any intention of using his best cards first, Rey threw the daggers he could pick up from the ground. The knives were flying at high speed, the musket user felt the need to dodge the objects with his saber, but the other two simply covered their faces and let the hardness of their armor do the job. Several rounds in a row from Rey and more than a dozen shots. The armor of the three subjects under constant attack did not even crack, an indication that exposed just how tough they were. The imposing voice gave to hear:

"Why does someone who should not fear death put so much effort into surviving!" In the absence of a response, he continued, "What, you don't know how to speak Leonel?"

Rey, aware that humans used all kinds of psychological tactics to accomplish their goals, answered loudly, without stopping moving:

"My name is Rey... not Leonel."

As soon as one of those accompanying the red-haired plume became angry; he tried to attack with his spear back at the little one who was moving so much, however, he was quickly stopped by his more experienced companion.

The imposing voice warned his companion holding the spear:

"Don't try anything unnecessary! If he had tried to run away like the other two I would have cut his head off without hesitation. But he gives us the front and has cards under his hand that he hasn't used. Although he's a kid, he clearly moves around employing a discreet fighting style... I have no doubt that he's extraordinary. Frederick, keep your guard up for this reason."

The wearer of the red feathered helmet said:

"What does it have to do with him being extraordinary? This is the time to kill him before the others come" he replied in another language.

Replied the voice:

"The parents are not coming because it is not necessary. We are at a disadvantage..."

Returning his sights and covering his face by lowering the visor of his helmet he continued:

"He still keeps his distance, while the guardian of the place accompanying him promises to take advantage of us if we get separated. I'm afraid we won't be able to guarantee the protection of the wounded."

Making a point of speaking in another language so as to be understood by his allies and not his enemy, he acted as one who was bidding farewell as he addressed those lying on the ground.

"It was an honor to come this far compatriots. Thank you for your contribution to creating a better world for humans... you are convinced that our predecessors will do the same, we are a voice and thus we will never die in silence!"

Laughter from among the dying bodies could be heard all over the place. They seemed to have tried to survive with all they could so far through the fire and tortures of hell. Those who were able raised their bodies and bowed to their beliefs by raising their right hand to their chest. Others raised their fist in the air, but one raised his voice and sang what sounded like a hymn:

"Ships of steel carry our bodies. Doors open into new worlds, every field is a beginning and every world is ours..." The subject's voice was off-key. "Soldiers, to the advance. To fight is to serve, Ha. To fight is to live, Ha."

One voice became two and two became three.

"Duty is coming upon our minds. Hell is present, not to sleep and to go on to the front. Oh-oh-oh. Stay strong there. To the last drop of blood. Before the wind, lightning and thunder. Brave, to the combat in the land where silence reigns... The echo of our lives will resound in eternity. Even if our time comes and the heat leaves us, death will have to struggle. Shoulder arms, at the call of combat let us shout to the end. At the call of duty. Oh-oh-oh. Fire, forward. Oh-oh-oh...

The one with the plume of gray feathers, in his language, while all sang and helplessly died one by one under the hands of the little one and the guardian, spoke as one who added basis to the words of the one who led him:

"Constan, Yacer is right. His wide-open eyes detect our every move. We are being studied and the fact that he is not employing his best combat arts means he is cautious. Remember, we don't have our dope and our mech suits are not loaded. We have one chance left."

Yacer, the leader of the three, continued speaking:

"Look at the strength and dexterity with which he returns the daggers thrown at him. It justifies that he may have the conscious or unconscious ability to copy his opponent's moves, adding these moves to his knowledge and thus eventually end up with an advantage over us without having to use his best techniques."

Rey would kill indiscriminately as he passed by without failing to catch the bouncing daggers and throw them again as he kept running in circles, taking care not to close the distance or stop attacking. With keen ears, amidst the clinking of metal, the little guy also longed to identify the new language the three opponents spoke in an interspersed manner. "I can't hear well. What an inconvenience. On the ground they pose no threat, but I can't afford to make the mistake of leaving someone who might harm me alive." The chanting of the dying bodies gradually died down and more blood spilled on the ground. Yacer said in another language:

"He is cunning. He kills us one at a time and, in order not to use his power, he replaces the lack of strength with intelligence. His eyes are desperate to finish the fight and, like a beast, he will not stop moving as long as he has strength. It is not the first time we see how a non-human gets up as many times as necessary waiting for us to trust and give him a chance to connect a coup de grace. We are not new at this. The number one rule of fighting any intelligent non-human entity is that the longer the confrontation lasts, the more likely we are to lose. But..."

With the death of the last soldier chanting, without losing his calm state, Yacer added confidently as with a single stretch of his massive left arm he grabbed the little guy by the neck and lifted him off the ground to make him disappear like the shadow he was.

"If one of the other two little ones in the forest intervenes, we'll have our chance. Hostages are the weak point of anyone who seeks to protect."

With all the strength he could muster, the fellow who evidenced worn armor and a plume of red hair swung his right arm in a violent blow aimed at gouging out the eyes of the little one who attacked him again with another clone. Yacer, as if giving a battle cry, said:

"Hold formation. Guard up. Let us honor the death of our fallen comrades. Let the voice prevail!"

The heads of the enemy rolled on the blood scattered on the ground. In the face of the Paradise guard's claws and Rey's attacks, the last of the wounded and dying perished, leaving only the three original enemies. "His stock of throwing knives can't be infinite," Rey thought. "That's why he still holds his sword. If I'm not mistaken, even if he still has it sheathed, I was able to draw it quickly in close-range combat. As a good swordsman, he makes sure he has no obstacles in the way of his opposite hand and the hilt of the instrument. Since I have no armor, I am vulnerable and more so in the face of a double-edged weapon that can cut in both directions. I must prevent him from drawing his sword, neutralizing his opposite hand will do the job. An attack to the neck will be the quickest, he will have no choice but to sacrifice his more dexterous limb to cover himself...."

Rey charged the muscles of his body with energy and reinforcement incantations to take position in the ideal place. In mere seconds he created a copy of himself, one that mimicked his leaping movements and attacked using the wristband blades. Swooping in a rotational manner in a strike aimed at his opponent's throat, the edge of his movement managed to slightly pierce the armor covering his opponent's wrist.

Yacer lacking sufficient time, barely identified the original, ignored the hilt of his sword and interposed his hand in front of his neck to defend the weak point of his armor. He wanted to drop the sword he was carrying with his opposite hand and grab a dagger to stab the little guy, but realized that the latter's move had been too risky. "Something must be planning this little demon."

Indeed, Rey before his enemy took precautions, pointing with his hand placed at the height of the opponent's stomach, muttered what was the recitation of a shortened incantation.

"Mark..."

0