12.2
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rey had just finished muttering one of the spells that Heroclades had specifically allowed him to use (dark dragon attack), and from the palm of his hand shot out a large black beam, which at the tip presented the shape of a dragon's head showing its fierce fangs. The black-scaled creature screamed in hatred. It looked ravenous, with daggers in its eyes, several missing teeth and a tongue-less mouth that when it emerged behaved like a violent thunderbolt latent with vengeance for its loss.

Recognizing the folly of holding his opponent so close, Yacer pushed back the boy's body in a desperate attempt to escape the impending blow. However, he could only interpose the blade of the still-sheathed rapier he was carrying to protect himself. Yacer cringed, covering his stomach and seeking to hold the opposite end of the sword with his other arm. The impact was so great that it knocked him back violently, even after he had buried the tips of his feet in the ground.

The dragon's half-open mouth intercepted the sword and, after several bites, broke it into pieces and then crashed into two armor-covered forearms. Luckily, the head of the snake-bodied creature, chained by spikes, was not large enough to assimilate the body of the attacked with its open mouth; even so, the impact was great, reaching to break the formation of the three humans. But the other two did not stand idly by. While the leader was being dragged away, Constan and Frederick turned with the intention of attacking.

White also made his move, employing an intimidating roar and his claws with killing intent he lunged with his paws spread wide. He intended to lessen his companion's charge; he attacked the pole bearer, for, he understood, he posed the most danger at the moment. A spear was the weapon with the longest reach that could reach his companion from behind. Without worrying about his rear, Rey returned to the ground and immediately kept running to avoid the sabers of the other opponent. Still, as soon as he could, the little guy assisted his feline companion against the more solidly built fellow carrying the spear.

Yacer, with a broken grin, spat blood from his mouth:

"If there is one thing, I hate more than non-humans, it is feeling pain. Despite being a sorcerer, you can cry out with shortened incarnation. You must have been trained by someone amazing. Among humans, only elders raised from newborn in this world of 'callings' are the only ones capable of merely being able to change the elemental constitutions of objects. Calling was a craft by which some individuals made a living until a day when certain non-humans made the craft a fighting style and made their way among the gods" He decided to say aloud, as he repositioned his stance and undo his hunched back in the shape of a V. "You have been able to summon a weakened version of a dark dragon with the intention of only striking me, but not keeping it present. Are you not capable of controlling your calls?"

Yacer shot out from where he was and, with a bit of anticipation, managed to surround the little guy. With energetic fury, Yacer intercalated well-practiced moves with his saber-wielding companion. Despite Rey defending himself with his guard up, the red-haired tufted fellow seized the confrontation with his bare fists. Yacer did not mind hurting himself with the sharpness of the blades, if they pierced between the joints of his armor.

Rey stepped back a little and adjusted the direction of his arms, he felt his opponent's blood splashing on his face. If the fight continued in this manner, he would not have to use any risky moves, as his opponent would die from exsanguination. "Solving a complicated situation with simple methods is much more ingenious than solving it using complicated methods," Rey recalled the philosophy by which his master and father lived by. "Clamoring in a fight as unpredictable as this one is not efficient. Not if I run the risk of ending up cursed by my own movement. I will never underestimate either the knowledge or the strength of my opponent. If I get hold of a knife, I will be able to kill him all three at once. The only thing I wouldn't want is for an ally to be on the perimeter of my next attack. If so, I'd end up as ground meat...".

Again and again Yacer struck with all his might at the little guy who was certainly up to something for standing so still. Although he got to the point of hurting himself even more and bleeding all over, under no circumstances did he let his killing intent blows wane. The flagpole bearer, while White bit the flag and dodged the edge of the tip, used a spinning kick to send the little liger flying and grabbed one of the daggers from behind his leader's back. Constan, aiming at the small chest of the opponent his leader was lunging at, fired with all his might the dagger that made Rey's eyes shine.

The calculations were perfect. Rey could not help but denote on his face that he only had to grab the knife to win the fight. Making preparations, he advanced to use "aura". Ten shadows would be distraction enough, which would give him enough time to cry "the cutting of a thousand knives", the same cry that, together with his movement, he had used to get rid of the hunters who had ambushed his brothers.

...

On the other hand, in the forest, Jhades saw that there were only three opponents left, also that his brother was in a predicament. If he decided to escape and for some reason Rey died, the three guys would definitely catch up with him before he could reach the Great Wise Wizard. It was wiser to act and help his brother, who had already taken care of most of the work.

Dante was folding his arms. He did not see those enemies as at first, they were not so great to fear, for his brother was giving them a fight. He was also thinking, but his thoughts were not as deep as those of the vampire there. The wolf cub admired how reckless Rey was, for knowledge and for his strength, but at the same time he reproached him for going up against opponents he couldn't beat. And if he couldn't beat them on his own, why didn't he ask for help? Maybe at that point he would recognize him as a leader. "Sure, if the invincible brother has to step in, he would be submitting his position as leader. Although if I go in uninvited, he will have me to thank, also so mother will realize I don't need anyone to look after me."

Priovam blended into the shadows and unsheathed one of the two gigantic pistols he had been given by the Great Wise Wizard and, from a distance, as soon as he took aim with his two hands, he pulled the trigger and fired a volley of bullets at the target he had chosen. The pistol was in automatic mode and, certainly, Jhades had not realized this mistake. An error that guaranteed the efficiency of the first bullet, but not of the others that followed.

...

Seeing the victorious face of his opponent and the knife halfway, Constan felt the thunder of a burst of gunfire; then he saw how the dagger he had thrown was shattered by a flash, as well as several projectiles that passed very close to him. The face of the man named "Leonel" by his boss changed, it became dark, of someone optimistic that he was losing an opportunity in front of his eyes. With the detonation of the seventh shot, one of the shoulder pads of his armor exploded into a thousand pieces, but he thought he didn't care, for, as Yacer had said, the moment the other two little ones intervened, they would have the chance.

Rey kept his eyes wide open. Despite reaching out his hand, he failed to get the dagger and canceled his "Aura" move. In addition to his opponent's blows, the little guy was also forced to dodge the metal fragments flying around, as well as the bullets his brother was firing.

"Don't interfere!!!" he said as he looked at White who was the only one who seemed to hear him.

Rey's vision ended up being clouded by a dense white smoke. He had learned that in combat it was not good to be overconfident, and the cloud of smoke left him no choice but to wait for his brothers to learn their lesson. He could do nothing but wait until he regained his vision or found an opportunity to properly channel his core energy and amplify his body's forces.

Faced with bullets, Frederick stepped in the way and, as soon as he dodged a few with his sword, disappeared from Jhades' sight behind the cloud of gas created by a grenade Constan threw. The gray-feathered fellow moved quickly until he reached the forest and jumped through the trees to fall behind the vampire who had decided to intervene.

Jhades pretended to be confused when he saw the armored fellow descend behind him, but he had calculated the situation. The vampire already had his second pistol aimed from behind his back and pulled the trigger at just the right moment that he couldn't help but hide the smile on his face. The burst of gunfire thundered through the place and even if his opponent managed to move enough so that the impact of the bullet was not lethal, Jhades could assure that he had the fight won. The small vampire turned and with his weapons tried to aim at the enemy that was moving away as he had come, with the intention of not wasting his wounds and thus eliminate the threat completely.

When Frederick was behind the blue-eyed boy, with his sword raised, he noticed the pistol and the smile of his enemy, which made him take action and move as much as he could. As soon as the detonation of the bullet blast was felt, one of the projectiles created a small hole in the front of the armor plating covering his shoulder; however, the exit was not so clean. The human felt a whole explosion of flesh and bone behind his shoulder, forcing him to back away, but not before letting a goo fall from the hilt of his sword onto the little guy. Frederick barely watched as the blue-eyed bearer turned to try to shoot him again, and added in pain:

"Not so fast you damn kid!" At the same time he triggered a detonation device on the guard of his sword, causing the explosive substance stuck to the vampire's lower back to explode.

0