12.3
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The explosion was violent and more so on the not so resistant body of a child. The clothes in the area were shredded, the legs separated from the body, blood flew through the air and the intestines ended up scattered on the floor. Amidst heart-rending screams, Jhades ended up on the floor while trying to move his missing feet.

Dante, unaware that Jhades was the target of attack of one of the enemies, entered the clearing with his drawn catana, aiming at the one who had a damaged shoulder and was struggling to keep his spear from being pulled out by the tugs that the guardian of Paradise was giving with his teeth. Constan noticed the obvious attack of a second little one who had come to take advantage of his condition. With no choice but to drop his spear, he raised the guard of his still usable arm to dodge the clumsy thrusts the little wolf was throwing. Neither the edge of the catana, nor Dante's strength was enough to damage the skin beneath his opponent's armor. Even so, as soon as the wolf, with his fanciful idea of cutting metal with metal, increased the rhythm of his thrusts.

Constan, taking advantage of the opportunity, kicked the wolf cub hard in the face, breaking his nose, some of his teeth and causing him to recoil with shredded lips. Uncontrolled by the pain of a broken nose and the loss of several important teeth, Dante continued with the sabers, but being blinded by the impotence of not being able to cut his enemy in two, much of his movements lost even more precision as had happened when he broke his first sword against a stone. Although the basic movements and the correct way of thrusting had been explained to him, the wolfling held the catanna with only one hand at the bottom of the hilt, while the thrusts intercepted the target with the beginning of the edge that started just after the guard. Dante would even raise his weapon above his head, or thrust the top of the hilt with the intention of taking advantage of the arched edge, or step forward to employ the energy of his own body. He relied solely on his mediocre strength, without any technique or grace.

In control of the combat, the experienced soldier took advantage of the small wolf's temperament by jumping and leaving his opponent even more bewildered. Dante, forced to oxygenate his lungs through his mouth, realized that the enemy intended to strike him from the air. Regaining his composure, he placed his sword in a dodge position and at the same time granted a second purpose to one of his claws. With the side of his sword, Dante blocked and dodged his opponent's attack. Then, using his free claw, he managed to considerably penetrate one of the uncovered parts of the armor on his opponent's leg.

Seeing that it was easy to cut his opponent, even being at a disadvantage, the wolf cub began to laugh adding the following words so characteristic of him:

"I am invincible, the poison of my claw will soon take effect" And he took a step forward.

A sound made Dante turn his attention to the ground; when the wolf cub returned his gaze, Constan was the one who was laughing last. Helpless in the absence of knowledge, the explosive on the ground detonated in a flaming burst that engulfed the wolf cub's body. Not only was the sword ripped from Dante's small hands, but the violent explosion ripped away garments, burned skin and left muscles and even some bones of the sturdy body exposed. Plunged in pain, the little boy tried to wipe his face so that he could see and continue fighting, but he could not. He just fell to the ground, barely able to breathe or speak.

...

As soon as the smoke in the clearing cleared, Rey was still dodging his opponent's suicidal attacks. He had heard the two almost simultaneous explosions, but had no idea what he was about to encounter. Out of the corner of his eye, Rey saw the shattered bodies of his two brothers. "From the looks of them and from what I heard, they were hit by explosions. The smoke didn't let me see how the detonations were carried out. That must be the strongest card of these guys. If both the guy with the gray feather plume and the one with the red feathers could make an explosion, why hasn't this one made his move. Something doesn't add up. Rey put his hands to his neck and found a foreign object attached; as soon as he identified the unusual event, he tried to tear it off. "What was splashing on me was blood combined with this slimy stuff that was pooling on my body."

Yacer, seeing the look and gestures of the little boy, stepped back. "I mustn't give him time to figure out a way to escape," he said to himself in a hurry, while, from inside his mouth, he let out a kind of black plaque that he bit until it split in two.

The fluid that covered Rey's hair, neck, face, arms, clothes and surroundings ended up detonating in an explosion. The sound was terrifying and the earth also rose up in a small cloud of dust.  Rey ended up kneeling on the ground, his face all burned and unrecognizable. He was still breathing, but not through his nose, but through his open neck. With his jaw disassembled and no hands, he refused to fall or lose his balance even with his guard up.

...

Yacer, Frederick and Constan walked badly wounded to gather around the dying bodies. The three of them made use of a knife they hid among the compartments of their armor. A weapon that, it seemed, was special because it came with a strange container of yellow liquid embedded in the blade, a liquid that began to drip and bathe the blade with its presence.

Frederick's words to Jhades were given to be heard:

"It's a pity you can't continue to suffer in hell after this... This substance is designed to counteract the immortality of the likes of you."

"Don't waste your damn time talking and neutralize the target, now!!!" claimed Yacer, who among the flames was walking to approach Rey.

The human looked pale, short of breath from losing so much blood. As soon as he stood before the kneeling little one, he saw how he himself followed him with the eyes he had just regained. White eyes that petrified him and made him swallow dryly.

"My life belongs to no one but me. I will live as I want and where I want to live, I will die when I want to die! And I have decided that this is not my time, but it will be yours!" said Rey on his knees with his gaze, for with his mouth he could not say anything.

"So... Is it mercy to kill someone so they won't suffer? I'm just resting, but it's good to know that's all I'm going to lack before I end your lives" added Dante. "I'll tear your body apart because it will be fun for me to tear it apart... take responsibility for the instinct you awakened."

"They lost the opportunity to kill. You lost the opportunity to live. You judges, you sentenced yourselves the moment you came seeking your deaths," said Jhades. "Now, I will fight because it is my wish!"

With the little time his opponent had left him and ignoring the pain his body felt, Rey finished the improvised procedure of channeling his core energy to strengthen his skin and with this also transform. Ascending to the advanced rank in transformation and regeneration, Rey changed his form without having to be angered like his brother and regenerated the missing flesh without having to follow Jhades' procedures.

Yacer performed his stuccoing of his knife straight to the temple of his target, but his arm ended up stopped midway and then snapped in two until his bones popped out through the metal.

Rey grew, enlarged and changed the constitution of his muscles, bones, skin and flesh. It was not the body of a lycanthrope, but the bestialized was another. Rey went from wearing white fur with stripes to having the skin and size of an adult Paradise guardian.

The first thing the not-so-little one did at the conclusion of his transformation was to give an imposing roar with ferocity over the face of Yacer, who was screaming from the fracture of his right arm.

White recognized the body he was seeing, it was the body of his father modified with human features. A body that brought him not very good memories and much suffering.

Constan by the roar of a beast turned his face in the direction of the big cat that began to stand on two legs and saw how this beast, with its open mouth, bit and tore off the helmet of its leader to, immediately after, project a hook to the stomach of the same and launch him to fly through the skies.

Rey was left with his opponent's limb. Opening his claw, he dropped him to the ground and proceeded to lift his face.

"Damn you!" shouted Constan with all his might.

Dante, with his remaining strength and having regained some of his vision, took advantage of his enemy's carelessness and, enraged with pain, transformed his right hand. With one swipe, the lycanthrope pierced with his transformed claw, beyond the elbow, between the legs of his enemy.

Returning his gaze to the boy, Constan spat blood through the helmet covering his face. He tried to strike with his poisoned dagger, but could not. His lungs did nothing but try to breathe while his legs trembled. "A deadly oversight," he said to himself ruefully.

Jhades, largely regaining control of his emotions, made the place a sphere of darkness that trapped his opponent's body. The vampire's upper half appeared behind Frederick biting him through the neck while stabbing him in the back with the knives that were fused to the tips of his pistols, not to mention that he also pulled the trigger and fired several times, absorbing blood at the same moment he unloaded numerous bursts of shots through his opponent's heart to make sure his opponent didn't shake.

Frederick felt how with each shot the pistols tilted their angle, making the bullets much more lethal, not to mention that the bullets that pierced his chest also cut his other arm at the wrist. With no choice but to watch his hand fall to the ground, the soldier could do nothing but drop his body.

Rey, still on the ground, seeing that his brothers were fending for themselves, spat out the helmet in his mouth and jumped with incredible power. He intended to take to the skies faster than his opponent. In the face of giants and giants, the little transformed one saw only one target, his enemy. Although Yacer tried to stand on his back, he did not realize that Rey was waiting for him.

0