12.4
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The white-eyed youth wrapped his fist in black flames and announced.

"Mark of a thousand black wolves!"

The two bodies collided with each other, but only the powerful blow by the boy reversed the upward course Yacer was still experiencing.

The sharp descent of the armor-covered human body broke the sound barrier. The air dismantled each and every piece of the already broken armor with the acronym [OEM]. Embraced by the pain caused by the flames of violent air friction, the subject was imminently driven into another impact that promised to be less severe than the previous two.

The ground, receiving the body, now uncovered, broke through and caved in, forming an entire crater two kilometers in radius. A wave of wind was unleashed, so violent that trees within ten kilometers were blown down, and all trees over thirty kilometers were toppled by the earthquake that followed the entire series of events.

In comparison, the shockwaves caused by the older ones were a hundred times more violent. Although Dante and Jhades suffered from the violent event, they did not even move from the spot thanks to the fact that their bodies were well welded against the ground, along with their opponents who did not move from the site. In a whirlwind effect, the trunks that were once expelled returned to the site as a result of the other energy currents coming from the surroundings.

Stunned, on the ground, Yacer opened his eyes and saw that the beast was still falling at the same time as he positioned himself to strike with his closed hand at great speed and destructive power. As fast as he could react, that man tried to get up, but how could someone with no healthy bones in his body, a shattered brain and bleeding from his eyes, nose, mouth and ears move? "In the end... what do I care so much about?" " he said to himself. "Having touched him was enough... All in all, I am human after all. The weaker race... I should have run when I had the chance."

Rey a few meters before falling on his opponent motionless on the ground, with his power at maximum, felt his time running out and, as a consequence of his improvised move, he lost consciousness. The energy in his hands became unstable, but he unconsciously expelled it forward so as not to suffer side effects. The large beam fell on the ground, right next to his target, disintegrating the latter's arm and leaving another huge hole in the ground.

"No!!! It would be an injustice to stop doing everything I can to ensure a good future for the generations to come, I am the voice of all humans, therefore, I cannot die, nor be forgotten", Yacer thought as soon as he opened his eyes again. He was disappointed that he had not died and had the obligation to continue, thus adding aloud:

"Humans, you have seen what hell was like! The sacrifice of my soldiers will not be in vain. Though there is no hatred left within me, I, Yacer Of-Mars together with Frederick Of-Fobos and Constan Of-Deimos, under the orders of Red Arjos Of-Mars and all alike in combat, made a god bleed and gave our voice. May the predecessors of mankind not lose courage and move forward."

Controlling and putting to work the energy that flowed through his body, part robotic, that man was able to replace the functions of his skeleton and bloodstream only with his mind. Breathing because it commanded him to, recovering because it commanded him to, moving because it commanded him to, speaking because it commanded him to.

"Damn you, you, who called yourself a judge once. Say 'hello' to those you condemn as lord. This is my last attempt, my final cry..."

Rey, still unconscious, fell to the ground like a stone.

Frederick said after losing the sparkle in his eyes:

"Vampire at last... such a dishonorable and morally devoid act can only be executed by your kind. No matter. Stay close to me... as close as you can... I too have no honor in combat and never came with the hope to stay."

Jhades threw out a question, worried, as worried as he was amazed to see someone whose heart wasn't beating keep talking:

"Are you even human at all?"

He had no choice but to finish regenerating his missing limbs in order to escape. The smile that lit up on Frederick's face answered the question the vampire had asked, which caused Frederick to back away as fast as he could.

Dante withdrew his arm from his opponent's body and saw something he was familiar seeing when he was with his master, circuits and wires. Certain of what would happen, he could tell that some of that guy's blood didn't smell like anything, and added:

"I'm invincible. Bets like this are fun from time to time. Whether it's Rey who dies first, whether it's me, whether it's Jhades, whether it's you... it'll all be the same. We would only be bringing forward the inevitable. As my master says, "Avoid worrying too much and I guarantee you'll suffer less."

The red-eyed wolfling, before turning his back on the situation, grabbed his catana and ran with all his might leaving behind the brother without a last name lying on the ground.

Yacer, reddened and with yellow eyes, crawled closer to the little one who was returning his body to normal. Using his remaining hand, he grabbed the little boy by the hair and said:

"Lest you can use your defensive barrier at the last instant, you have no escape....".

From the bushes, with a mighty roar and the violence of a storm, White came out and tore off the subject's remaining arm with a shake of his head. As hard as he could, the feline grabbed the body of his companion to run in the opposite direction and pass the other two small guardians of Paradise who had remained hidden until now.

The flesh of the three bodies lit yellow ceased to exist and the energy exploded violently. The explosion of light combined with the earth, the wind and the few remaining trees on the site until they collided with Katherine's black ice or flooded much of the center of the only area that held vegetation. The noise, like thunder, encompassed the entire Heaven. The shockwaves with their heat scorched the rest of the vegetation, while the remaining smoke, dust and heat promised to kill with their poison and toxicity.

No matter how fast they ran, the six little ones ended up engulfed in the chaotic experience. Both Dante, Rey, White and the other two ligers lost control of their feet as they were pushed violently forward. Using evasive maneuvers, the five avoided crashing into the larger objects, while the smaller fragments of rocks and wood hit them in the back, buried themselves in their flesh and even pierced through them.

The light meant that Jhades had no shadows in which to hide. Of those present, although he was not hit by any object, the vampire was the most affected by the light that burned his flesh and melted his eyes. The shockwave caused their ears to pop and they all coughed up blood.

White's cries woke Rey, who, still dazed, was flying and slamming into his surroundings. Unable to hear anything or see anything, the little guy reached out his arm and as soon as he felt the soft fur of his faithful companion, he made his core expand as much as possible. Locking himself and everything in the place, including his siblings and the other two ligers. The little guy with no last name set out to resist as long as he could. The sphere cracked on several sides, the cracks got bigger and the barrier almost broke completely. The energy of the explosion passed and the event reached its conclusion.

...

From the middle of the battlefield, on the highest point of the site and where the Great Wise Wizard stood, stood the Colossus of Darkness and Blood fighting against enemies that seemed to never end. Though she fought with ferocity and skill, she created a third hand that pointed in the direction of where the explosion occurred and her little ones were.

In the middle of the battlefield, Rey was the only one breathing and able to move, but he was not far from dying from the radioactive poison that devoured his insides. Instead, under the black rain, Dante and Jhades lay dead. It was a good thing Rey could not see, for death was not pretty when the internal organs of your brothers were scattered on the ground. Mangled bodies, missing limbs, unrecognizable faces, flesh, bone and blood combined with the rocks in the open.

Rey's ignorance did not last long, for suddenly, along with a violent vomiting of blood, his vision returned. Despite being burned all over and unable to use his body's regeneration, he felt better and also saw his two brothers return to how they were before.

Turning his face, Rey saw his mother, it was she who was bringing him back to life and healing the wounds. She was using a lost elemental control, control that had certain limits and among those limits were not the three Paradise guardians. "So my brothers passed the initiation process... I was missing. Perhaps if I had died, I could rejoice in this situation and all the others," thought Rey. "This is what they call radiation... I am poisoned. Eventually, without treatment or outside help, maybe I will die. I don't think it could get any worse," he said to himself. Rey opened his eyes, no longer seeing as cloudy as before, and between his hands he could identify something. Tears from between the raging eyes, it was a torrent of water that seemed not to stop. "No, no, no... you can't do this to me."

Maryam picked up her hand and continued to struggle, but she was worried and couldn't hide it. What she feared most happened and, despite being so far away, she could hear for the first time the desperate cry of the one who had not cried at birth. The concern of a mother who felt the pain of one of her children almost knew no bounds, and the other two cubs were about to wake up. "How would they react if they found out that their toys were broken too?" she wondered. "Maybe, not as bad as Rey is doing. They died and came back to life...they learned what it's like to rest in peace. Still, loss is a hard thing to bear at any age."

The Great Wise Wizard, who through the sky paced with his hands behind his back, made a stop beside the vampire and spoke to the pained mother who pressed her hands to her chest and let the tears fall to the ground.

"You don't have to make room for worry in your mind. That is the life you have been dealt and you have the weapons you need to defend it and be able to live it... I understand that you can't do anything for the guardians, but maybe I can."

Maryam, causing the colossus to stick out teeth and tongue to devour its opponents, added:

"Worry! Word so related to responsibility... Isn't it?" she asked dismembering the opponent. "Aaaah! So many times mother and I still don't learn to let go of these feelings. I always regret it when I hear them cry... My chest tightens and my blood twists."

Changing her words with a more stern and scolding tone, she said:

"You are just broken toys. Learn your lesson..."

Returning to his mournful intonation:

"I would like to tell you. But this remorse I feel for having let my whims run free, for the future I have brought my children into, for the life I gave them, for having forced them to live a struggle they simply did not ask for, does not allow me to be so harsh...."

0