13.1
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two little ones had no choice but to believe the words of the person Rey had turned to for help. The siblings seemed to try to breathe determination. At the last moment, they had to turn their faces so that they could point the weapons they carried in the direction of those who had accompanied them for so long. Rey, on the other hand, knew and understood that there were other less complicated means to revive any creature, even so, he did not understand why the old man-made use of that specific one. "He, in truth, is taking on more work than he shouldn't. Why? What does he want to do?"

Melody: "Expose your weakest point" she said to Rey's ear.

History: "You get attached to the creatures around you" she said to the other ear.

Although the action was driven by motives and ideas that with this act they could save their companions, it was not enough for any of the three little ones. All the time they spent within the rigorous training, the youngsters learned to care, not to harm and to avoid disturbing the eternal rest of someone leaving life. Still, the thin sound of combat objects broke through along with the scream of the boys. Jhades felt disgust at feeling such a sensation in his hands. Dante felt pity. Rey also felt it wasn't the right thing to do, but he had to do it.

The bloodied weapons pierced the side of the dead bodies' remaining vitality. Rey and his brothers experienced an unpleasant sensation, a sensation they could not be able to describe, but they could feel. The pain of others, it was not right to take advantage of someone who could not defend himself, much less a loved one. Before the eyes of the three brothers, the resting bodies began to dissipate into thin air. They wanted to, but could not even react to the physical departure of the remains of their most precious ones.

"What's going on?" asked confused who had no last name.

Wanting to want to hold all that fading glow in the air with his hands, the little white-eyed boy asked in tears:

"Why is it fading?"

Rey focused his gaze on the questioner, but no answer was forthcoming. The expression of indifference that dominated the Great Wise Wizard's face so irritated him that he almost did not hesitate to bolt out and forcefully ask for a convincing explanation.

"Don't do it, he's testing you once again," said Melody.

"He wants to see how manipulatable you are" History added.

...

As time passed...

"Rey..."

An unfamiliar voice, as much as enraged, came from behind the brothers.

Stunned, Rey decided to turn his face away.

"Did I hear you talking?" He even made eye contact with White and continued speaking, though he still found it hard to believe what he was seeing. "Is that your voice?"

"No" White replied, and angrily continued, "I can't speak... It's you who can hear me....".

Rey couldn't find the words to apologize and decide if such an apology would end up offending the magnificent beast that had come back to life. Jhades and Dante went out detached to embrace those beings, who returned, because they were precious to them. Rey remained in place, like someone who had forgotten how to move. White stepped forward; it was his way of calling out to the young man who hesitated to express what he felt. Rey regained control of his legs and hurriedly moved forward, took one step behind the other until he dropped his body on the white beast and held onto it with only his hands. Hiding his face in the silky fur of the one who always accompanied him, Rey hugged tightly the creature he thought he would never be able to see again.

"Why did you do it?" he returned to the question that still lingered inside him.

White opened his heart to the boy he held so dear without taking his eyes off the Great Wise Wizard:

"I realized that I valued you more than my own life. That it was my turn not to let you die" she said. 

Enraged, after realizing the delicate emotional state of her now master and non-companion, reserving many words that would express the reason for her enraged expression, she decided to add the following:

"Rey, my father did not die in dishonor, he died fighting and now lives on in you. I want you to stop trying to keep trying to revive him, not to blame yourself, to let him rest in peace and accept what happened... It is not your fault, intentions are what count, but do not let his sacrifice be in vain."

The little boy understood the words of his companion. To revive someone who had sacrificed himself was the greatest form of dishonor that could exist for a warrior. Keeping silent, Rey nodded at the words as one who wanted to cry. Losing the weight of such a heavy burden on his shoulders was liberating, as well as refreshing. On the other hand, Dante in tears said:

"I promise... to take better care of you from now on."

"Stop acting like you're invincible and give me more food once in a while" said Dragonids.

"I'm glad you're alive" said Jhades, as happiness took the form of tears leaving the vampire's eyes.

Both Dante and Jhades were more elated than Rey, ignoring the fact that their youses looked better built than White, better coats and even muscles with more prominence. They were ignorant of the consequences that resurrection brought, just as Rey was ignorant of the benefits of death.

"Coming back to life is a curse, so to speak," thought the little guy with no last name. Now that his companion had been revived as an object, revived for a purpose: to serve and not to live. "Still, I am troubled by her anger accompanied by a disobedient nature at the elder's words."

In Rey's eyes, and so as not to lose credibility he said:

"Come and sit down" suggested the Great Wise Wizard. "I owe you much knowledge which at this time you need" as soon as the three little ones took their seats. "Your companions, after this ritual, returned to life, not as animals, but as youses. This is how they are known to those beings that have the characteristics of an object imposed on them. Technically, they are animals with a certain function or purpose. This function is based on the object with which they are merged. In this case, what brought their companions to life was the purpose of a weapon, a weapon that, as they were able to experience, can be capable of harming or protecting, depending on how it is used. When the weapon can no longer serve its purpose, until then the lives of their companions will end. A cruel world awaits them in which a weapon means a great advantage when fighting, as well as a factor that will prevent them from further developing their own abilities. Now, in time, they can regain the freedom they lost and find another purpose... At that moment and only if they do not die first, they will cease to be youses.

Of the three brothers, Rey was again the only one to realize the high price they would have to pay for the rest of their lives. For the first time, the white-eyed young man felt the smell, coldness and texture of a chain that no one could see entwining his body with White's. Aware of his white beast's anger, Rey made room for words so that only she could hear.

"Compromised I am by my selfishness. For benefiting myself and seeking relief in my heart, I ended up being dragged... The result I demanded so much was fulfilled, but this is the price... I ended up ripping away your freedom, my magnificent white beast, a beast that ended up becoming an object with the obligation to fulfill its purpose. It is no longer your decision to be by my side, it is your duty... I understand that you are not happy."

"Rey" White began, lowering the gravity in his voice. "You must not worry. In the past I could have taken a different path than you, but I realized that decision would make me sad. From the first moment we met, affection and attachment to you began to develop in my heart. Never abandon me. Never believe that I will be able to endure, having to witness your absence. The root of all my anger is not that I am unable to decide, but that in my death I was able to remember who manipulated the situation so that father fought out of desperation against Wulfgang. Who made mother go out to look for him and leave us alone. Who separated me from my brothers. Who put me on the path on which you would walk... It was him... It irritates me that again he is the one who makes us be together... Although it may also be my imagination, I think he was using me from the beginning...."

"Hmmm, he may very well be capable of such an act. But the fact that he let himself be seen and now you remember him has a reason," thought Rey intrigued, who added aloud:

"I understand. I agree with you. There are many things about him that don't fit... There is a possibility that I am missing him, but for that reason maybe I am still alive" said Rey.

When the young man with no last name looked up he met the defiant eyes of the Great Wise Wizard, eyes that showed his fascination at what he witnessed and had heard.

"Are you listening to our conversation!"

"Yes. You are correct... I can hear what you speak, see what you do, get an idea of what you feel, but I cannot know what you think."

The old man was communicating on a different frequency with his thoughts, although he was talking about another subject with the other two brothers.

"Rey, you are not who I expected you to be: you have turned out very different. How to explain it?"

The old man's last words filled the white-eyed boy's insides with doubt and aroused a growl from the big feline.

"As if another unpredictable will drives your actions, while the other sleeps reluctant to awaken. You are an exception to the rule of the natural order, but yet you do not deviate from these. With your body you experience sensations that provoke emotions, emotions that enliven the moods that infuse strength into the decisions your will decides to make. To appreciate is the most primary quality of emotional beings. It is the wound through which feelings can enter and invade your body, humanizing it, so to speak. Do you think you could hate or love someone you didn't care about? Yes, I was responsible for the emotions you developed during your time of training. You and your siblings were made more emotional by me, but you have no way to prove it. Do not look at me as if I were an enemy; now that you are willing to accept to give me the answer I need, look at me as the life that is preparing you for what is coming."

The eyes of the Great Wise Wizard closed once more. Calmed he who had had a whole monologue with Rey, was almost coming to the end of the conversation he was having with the others present. Aloud, Rey set out to confirm the doubt that still lingered in his mind:

"Our youses, are they in danger of dying physically if in a confrontation we destroy our weapons from using them so much?"

0